1. Post #281
    March 2008
    1,320 Posts
    ok termy as soon as i learn how to make a model animate i will make some animals for you
    Code:
    ^^

2. Post #282
    August 2007
    55 Posts
    Hi love the mod but i got a bug for me when i rotate props to the place i rotated it to then i spawn it. It is not in the place that i rotated too.

3. Post #283

February 2008
    3 Posts
    i may sound noobish but i made a campfire but i dont know how 2 place it

4. Post #284
    Google first. ( Wiki )
    May 2008
    7,287 Posts
    Jowee posted:
    i may sound noobish but i made a campfire but i dont know how 2 place it
    Easy! Just drag it from inventory to your weapons, then select campfire, and fire with it to ground.

5. Post #285
    January 2008
    262 Posts
    Hey Maw, did I give you permission to add my map into your map pack?

6. Post #286
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    188 Posts
    Here is what I want to know, If you did not place your fire did you light up yourself? Holding on to a pile of burning would says bad idea to me.

7. Post #287
    March 2008
    1,320 Posts
    Sandeno-2 posted:
    Hey Maw, did I give you permission to add my map into your map pack?
    sorry lol idk but i got like 20 maps in my maps folder for WS so idk what is what :S ill remove and swap it out with something else

Edit:

Zeltrax3000 posted:
    Hi love the mod but i got a bug for me when i rotate props to the place i rotated it to then i spawn it. It is not in the place that i rotated too.
    and for the guy right beneath you. heres the right answer: WHAT VERSION ARE YOU RUNNING?? termy fixed the rotating buildings thing so it is not our fault go SVN update or something.

8. Post #288
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,434 Posts
    the game was ruined by the servers that don't allow deathmatching

WS is a game, not a sandbox

9. Post #289
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,412 Posts
    nono345 posted:

Finally someone who agrees with me!
    People saying mingebags are those who deathmatch! Hahah, jokes on me. That's far from true.

10. Post #290
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,724 Posts
    nono345 posted:

I had to sit around and watch people make a 40 minute long tiki village decorated to Hawaiian theme so they can throw 9 million wood at each other after there done.

11. Post #291
    August 2008
    4 Posts
    Would there be a guide avaible for this gamemode or could someone please make one.

12. Post #292
    August 2007
    55 Posts
    nono345 posted:

Well the server does say settlement. And its kinda both cause you build fires so it is dm and sandbox.

13. Post #293
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    815 Posts
    You might as well say Supreme Commander is deathmatch and sandbox because you build stuff. "What the hell? No rushing!" -20 minutes into game.

14. Post #294
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,412 Posts
    Night-Eagle posted:
    You might as well say Supreme Commander is deathmatch and sandbox because you build stuff. "What the hell? No rushing!" -20 minutes into game.
    That's different.

15. Post #295
    March 2008
    1,320 Posts
    the game is a mixture of sandbox and DM you DM when your ready only. but doing it mindless all the time is annoying. people won't be able to do anything and will say the gamemode sucks because of that.

16. Post #296
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    188 Posts
    Night-Eagle posted:
    Supreme Commander is a match of death, does that not make it a deathmatch?
    deathmatch: A term used to describe any multiplayer gaming scenario where the object of the game is to kill as many of your opponents as possible.
    That so fits the definition, unless you don't try to kill your opponent? Maybe you are just playing Supreme Commander wrong.

17. Post #297
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,412 Posts
    themaw posted:
    the game is a mixture of sandbox and DM you DM when your ready only. but doing it mindless all the time is annoying. people won't be able to do anything and will say the gamemode sucks because of that.
    Unskilled newbs will say that perhaps, but I think a lot of people want to feel the general fear of dying.

I could go host a sandbox server, tell people to build spaceships, and then nuke each other with the redeemer, same thing, without the needs.

18. Post #298
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    389 Posts
    Hey Gimmick, can you add my map to the list?

19. Post #299
    March 2008
    1,320 Posts
    g1real posted:
    Unskilled newbs will say that perhaps, but I think a lot of people want to feel the general fear of dying.

I could go host a sandbox server, tell people to build spaceships, and then nuke each other with the redeemer, same thing, without the needs.
    i don't understand that and i don't see what your sandbox server have to do with what i am saying. if you are angry then i don't see the reason why to be angry. i have tried to stop bugging you but you keep on. may i have a reason for being angry? if not then do not come with pointless comments. if you say the comment have a point then i would like to hear it.

and termy i can't wait for that other gamemode your making. i liked the first one :) but that lagged me :(

EDIT:

G1real i thought you didn't care about smartness. you better shut up because no one cares about your anger. your angry because of an unknown reason, please be more specific. seriously i don't really see whats so funny about killing over and over again and still laugh. what is your point in that? "hahaha so funny i shot you with a bow" for like 5 hours straight. so funny huh? wow will you please shut up and stop talking about it? we all do not care about this discuss. if you have a rant don't ever post it on this thread. you post and post over and over again all day and night just saying that the gamemode is stupid? dude come on don't post on this thread if its annoying. don't EVER EVER keep reposting all the time with the same pointless comments and filling them with even more pointless stuff. where the hell did the "unskilled newbs will maybe say that" come from? your anger? i suggest you go to the rants section and post it there. were here to discuss about WINTER SURVIVAL not the same post at every single page "this gamemode is about deathmatch woohoo" well. GET OFF G1REAL WE DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR RANTS.

20. Post #300
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,412 Posts
    themaw posted:
    i don't understand that and i don't see what your sandbox server have to do with what i am saying. if you are angry then i don't see the reason why to be angry. i have tried to stop bugging you but you keep on. may i have a reason for being angry? if not then do not come with pointless comments. if you say the comment have a point then i would like to hear it.

and termy i can't wait for that other gamemode your making. i liked the first one :) but that lagged me :(
    You should read what thermy said, it's the harsh truth. Your smartness tells me a lot about you, and how ignorant I was to actually try to get along with you.

21. Post #301
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,724 Posts
    g1real posted:
    You should read what thermy said, it's the harsh truth. Your smartness tells me a lot about you, and how ignorant I was to actually try to get along with you.
    You don't need to troll him.

22. Post #302
    August 2008
    831 Posts
    ELectrodeath posted:
    Hey Gimmick, can you add my map to the list?

I would, but I have no idea what that make looks like. Pictars please :)
    I did update the site a little bit too, but I do need more media so a video of actual game play would be nice. ( a good video, that doesn't look awful )

23. Post #303
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    389 Posts
    Gimmmik posted:
    I would, but I have no idea what that make looks like. Pictars please :)
    I did update the site a little bit too, but I do need more media so a video of actual game play would be nice. ( a good video, that doesn't look awful )
    Oh damn, I put them in the thread, which was deleted with the Releases section. One second.

Pics in the post!

24. Post #304

August 2008
    3 Posts
    Ok I wanted to run this gamemode on my own single player (or lan or whatever) and I start as a normal person (not as a bird) then when time starts I become normal i get the cold and stuff but when I make something and i put it in a slot and I press mouse 1 it doesn't do aannything at all (mouse doesn't do annything) I tried this on 3 computers they all do the same how do i fix this??

25. Post #305
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,412 Posts
    Termy58 posted:
    You don't need to troll him.
    I know, I just couldn't resist. At least it keeps the thread alive.

:)

:geno:

:(

:argh:

Until it gets locked.

Edit:

jopieslim1 posted:
    Ok I wanted to run this gamemode on my own single player (or lan or whatever) and I start as a normal person (not as a bird) then when time starts I become normal i get the cold and stuff but when I make something and i put it in a slot and I press mouse 1 it doesn't do aannything at all (mouse doesn't do annything) I tried this on 3 computers they all do the same how do i fix this??
    I hardly believe you did it on 3 computers, but you need to put the items in the gray box (NOT YOUR SLOTS!) under the item list, in the empty gray space.

26. Post #306
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    815 Posts
    youaremea posted:
    Supreme Commander is a match of death, does that not make it a deathmatch?
    deathmatch: A term used to describe any multiplayer gaming scenario where the object of the game is to kill as many of your opponents as possible.
    That so fits the definition, unless you don't try to kill your opponent? Maybe you are just playing Supreme Commander wrong.
    What the hell?
    Supreme Commander is deathmatch.
    Winter Survival is deathmatch.
    I should know. I made it.

27. Post #307
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    188 Posts
    Night-Eagle posted:
    What the hell?
    Supreme Commander is deathmatch.
    Winter Survival is deathmatch.
    I should know. I made it.
    I thought you were making the opposite point.

28. Post #308
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    389 Posts
    Since it doesn't have a thread, what do you guys think about my map? I'm curious.

29. Post #309
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    188 Posts
    I think using snow for your ice was a bad idea. I have never loaded the map so that is all I can tell you.

30. Post #310

August 2008
    3 Posts
    g1real posted:
    I know, I just couldn't resist. At least it keeps the thread alive.

Edit:

I hardly believe you did it on 3 computers, but you need to put the items in the gray box (NOT YOUR SLOTS!) under the item list, in the empty gray space.
    Yes I did put it in the gray boxes and yes I did try on 3 computers (I want to run this gamemode on my own so please tell me how i should fix my problem)

31. Post #311
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    815 Posts
    r302

Hopefully this will work better:
    On ALL of your posts:
    Please tell us what version you're running.

32. Post #312
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,412 Posts
    Night-Eagle posted:
    r302

Hopefully this will work better:
    I'm running r302.

So I'll have to type that with every post I make?

33. Post #313
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    815 Posts
    r302

That's the idea.

34. Post #314
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,432 Posts
    Termy58 posted:
    2, I wanted to implant but Night-Eagle wouldn't let me :P, 4 I need a modeler, 3 was delayed while I do some other projects, 1 I need models that are 'fully animated'

I would like to have
    -bears
    -wolves
    -fish
    -rabbit
    -deer
    That would make alot of animals, maps are very small for that, we need either a bigger map or sparcely densed animal spawns

35. Post #315

August 2008
    2 Posts
    does anyone have all the combination items.

36. Post #316
    August 2007
    758 Posts
    Can you add a canteen recipe?

37. Post #317
    March 2008
    1,320 Posts
    DarkWolf2 posted:
    That would make alot of animals, maps are very small for that, we need either a bigger map or sparcely densed animal spawns
    hey i got big maps and i have instructions on how to play on big maps :D
    i just want more animals :(

38. Post #318

August 2008
    3 Posts
    The Maw can i have your custom game mod? could you uplaod it to me via steam or annything? because i want to run it on my single player and LAN.

39. Post #319

August 2008
    2 Posts
    maw can i have all your combination items??

40. Post #320
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    389 Posts
    I modded my WS to have water as an item