1. Post #41
    I will huff and puff and FLIP YOUR FUCKING TABLES
    October 2005
    7,064 Posts
    Arkantos posted:
    Now a prism would be cool, put a white laser through, and a colorful shotgun effect of lasers comes out.
    That's what I meant! ..Sorta.

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,744 Posts
    How about both :love:?

3. Post #43
    May 2008
    172 Posts
    What would be sweet, is if a magnifier lens SENT was made. One that once the laser goes through, it doubles in size and damage!

4. Post #44
    May 2008
    7 Posts
    DVD Player posted:
    What would be sweet, is if a magnifier lens SENT was made. One that once the laser goes through, it doubles in size and damage!
    That isn't a bad idea but no one is gonna make it i guess.

5. Post #45
    May 2008
    41 Posts
    PURE AWESOMESAUCE!!

6. Post #46
    There's only one person in this whole world like you. And people can like you exactly as you are.
    March 2008
    4,430 Posts
    DVD Player posted:
    I thought that would make a "focused beam". I have yet to see sun going through a telescope to make a huge laser. A small laser, yes, a death-star beam, no.

7. Post #47
    I will huff and puff and FLIP YOUR FUCKING TABLES
    October 2005
    7,064 Posts
    Uh-oh..Hm.
    I was just using this and making a cool satellite thing when all of a sudden..ENGINE ERROR: No free edicts!
    I only had some mirrors, a laser, and 3 PHX props..

8. Post #48
    November 2005
    511 Posts
    I want those lasers in wire! But not for killing but for type of ranger. Which don't show length between prop and ranger. Only detect if someone pass the beam.

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,959 Posts
    Block posted:
    Yay for lasers! Awesome addon!

Please, fill me in with info, where did you find that little ball?? :D :D :D

Because it's not in the sents

Edit:

And By The Way, how do you change the bounce emount? At The Moment it only bounces at four to one laser

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    644 Posts
    BlackWind posted:
    And By The Way, how do you change the bounce emount? At The Moment it only bounces at four to one laser
    Edit the file Laser STOOL 2/lua/entities/gmod_laser/shared.lua and change the value at line 19.

Edit:

:siren: I uploaded the fix for the two known bugs (look the first post) :siren:
    Link : http://lua.madjawa.net/LaserSTOOL2Fix.zip
    You must have downloaded and installed the Laser STOOL 2 in order to use this, just extract to your addons folder and say YES if it asks you to overwrite folders!

I'm leaving soon, and I will be back around August 18. So report bugs here, suggest new features, and I'll try to add them when I come back :D

11. Post #51
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    775 Posts
    BlackWind posted:
    Please, fill me in with info, where did you find that little ball?? :D :D :D

Because it's not in the sents
    Sadly it's just a helibomb with a changed material. The wide laser comes from a small emitter inside the ball.

12. Post #52
    February 2008
    23 Posts
    Thanks for fixing the bug with the props - another Lua King!

13. Post #53
    August 2007
    187 Posts
    So you did release it? I was waiting for this. King'd.

14. Post #54
    February 2008
    2 Posts
    I love SVN versions, but as you post updates rarely it wouldn't be necessary. Lua King! Not god, because it's a bit simple, but that doesn't mean that it's easy. Keep doing these addons, I love them. Thank you!

Oh, and some light modificators, like magnifier lents would be good too. (But a magnifier or make the light smaller and harder or make bigger and weaker...)

15. Post #55
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,959 Posts
    Block posted:
    Sadly it's just a helibomb with a changed material. The wide laser comes from a small emitter inside the ball.
    Sadly :(

16. Post #56
    Pass along
    May 2008
    4,065 Posts
    Block posted:
    But it still looks awesome :D!

17. Post #57
    June 2007
    33 Posts
    suggestion...make the mirrors have a wire output for whether they're reflecting lasers at a given time. then you could do fancy looking tripwires and laser alarm grids...that don't just outright kill people.

sound cool?

also, for epic wins and awesomesauce in a spraybottle,
    if anyone remembers the game C&C Generals...I see potential for a Particle Cannon network in Spacebuild...forget ion-cannons. anyone who can calculate the angles involved in multiple mirrors to reflect a giant laser beam from straight up from the planet, to straight down to the target, via more than two satellites....automatically....is a true WIRE GOD.
    I'm going to go try that. if I do it, I'll post a vid on youtube and allow you to kiss my feet and hail me as your god.^_^
    deal?

Calypso

18. Post #58
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,907 Posts
    Large Aqua posted:
    HOLY FUCKING FUCK FUCK FUCK
    Was the necessary?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #59
    January 2005
    13 Posts
    It should bounce off any prop with the cubemap material.

20. Post #60

July 2007
    2 Posts
    For some reason, the laser doesn't break wooden crates or anything, it just makes the noise. Please fix it! (Please!!)

21. Post #61
    October 2007
    176 Posts
    You probably noticed this, but when you put the laser on a not so heavy prop, it pulls it, also, when you make the laser face straight up while attached to the prop, it will sometimes freeze it and you can't pull on it untill you re-phys it.

Anywho, awesome STool, love eet. (Oh, My friend wants to know if you're gonna make any more reflect models or make a stool to turn props into said reflector) Bye!

22. Post #62
    Fabulous Vailglorous Extraordinaire
    February 2007
    10,705 Posts
    Awesome?

No.

MORE LIKE JAWSOME!

23. Post #63
    May 2007
    5 Posts
    Just tell him put the cubemap texture on the prop he wants to use

24. Post #64
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    2,500 Posts
    aVoN posted:
    If the laser uses a normal "lua-bullet", it will be able to go through event horizons. If not, then only if the coder implemented it.

Yes, please.

25. Post #65
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    644 Posts
    muddybunny posted:
    For some reason, the laser doesn't break wooden crates or anything, it just makes the noise. Please fix it! (Please!!)
    Sorry, I made a little mistake in the fix. Please redownload it.
    :siren: So everyone that downloaded the Laser STOOL Fix zip before this post, please redownload :siren:
    Or else you will not be able to break wooden crates and other breakable props

Sorry for the inconvenience

26. Post #66
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,744 Posts
    Smoot posted:
    Yes, please.
    Except that completely defeated the purpose of madjawa redoing the laser to use traces. Using bullets would be terrible and nowhere near as good.

27. Post #67
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    1,686 Posts
    This is a great stool and well deserves a King.
    I also felt like making a video to show off some things of it,

28. Post #68
    August 2007
    53 Posts
    I picked up a headcrab with my phys gun and put it in the lasers beam. The laser disinagrated the headcrab but it did the same with my phys gun.

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    644 Posts
    Exilion06 posted:
    This is a great stool and well deserves a King.
    I also felt like making a video to show off some things of it,
    Nice video! Would you mind if I add it to the first post?

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    4,611 Posts
    *Fitting it into a second* Let him add it to the first, Let him add it to the first.

31. Post #71
    February 2007
    10,705 Posts
    madjawa posted:
    Nice video! Would you mind if I add it to the first post?
    Could you make some kind of receiver for the laser? So we could make trip lasers?

32. Post #72
    January 2008
    390 Posts
    A perfectly vertical reflector does that just as well.

33. Post #73
    February 2007
    10,705 Posts
    CNiall posted:
    A perfectly vertical reflector does that just as well.
    Not exactly. I want a wire alarm to set of, and how the fuck should that work?

34. Post #74
    January 2008
    390 Posts
    Haxxer posted:
    Not exactly. I want a wire alarm to set of, and how the fuck should that work?
    Don't have a hissy fit because I assumed you just wanted something to kill the intruder. :\

35. Post #75
    May 2008
    50 Posts
    Arkantos posted:
    Now a prism would be cool, put a white laser through, and a colorful shotgun effect of lasers comes out.
    I agree! That would be handy...

The more beams input into it, the thicker/more powerful the end beam?

36. Post #76
    January 2008
    14 Posts
    Yay! The idea I put in the requests 1.5 years ago was finally made! (mirrors that reflect the lasers) I'm so happy!
    Proof: http://forums.facepunchstudios.com/s...d.php?t=323687 (dga was my old account :))

37. Post #77
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    572 Posts
    Perhaps make a version of this (or make it a checkbox option) to have it do Gcombat/CDS damage? That way you could actually use it to destroy things (yay for epic space battles).

I will say this much, after playing around a bit with this new laser and an auto turret I made, I've discovered that it kills very effectively, and the wire option to ajust the range is a big help. :D

Hoping this will some day be able to fire through stargates, instead of just be affected by the shields. :)

38. Post #78
    May 2008
    41 Posts
    IDEA!:

Look at the 'Stargate Shield' code. For the shield, it allows the player which owns the shield to not get effected.

So I was thinking, why not do the same for the laser stool? A Check box which allows the player to not be effected by his/her laser(s)? It would be the perfect base 'gate' which only you could enter. (Maybe the same for the players' props?)

39. Post #79
    October 2007
    176 Posts
    I don't mean to be a pain, but incase you haven't noticed it, when you put the laser ON a prop, it pulls it. and if you make the laser face straight up, it will freeze the prop every now and then.

Again, and i won't stop saying it, Awesome stool.

40. Post #80
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,225 Posts
    NOO
    now laser LAG AS HELL WITH TWO OR MORE.... noooo