1. Post #401

May 2009
    9 Posts
    im not asking it to be worked on, i just want to know how to fix it. why am i getting these errors, and how do i fix it?

2. Post #402
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,061 Posts
    Those errors suggest you need Wiremod.

Any about this mod not being worked on: look what time of the year it is. Maybe he do not have time (nor do I, sec. school graduation exams); wait a month or two.

3. Post #403

May 2009
    9 Posts
    okay, i downloaded and installed wiremod, every issue i stated before is fixed EXCEPT 2,

1) when i go into the level gm_construct (the level i described before) the mirror is still completely black on both sides, any other level it is normal, but on that one level its black on both sides

2) the laser crystal still has no icon, should it?

any ideas how to fix these problems?

btw, i know what you mean, i have high school finals, im just taking a day off of studying.

4. Post #404
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,061 Posts
    Err, I don't remember the crystal having icon. And the non-reflective mirror has something to do with your graphics settings/hardware.

5. Post #405

May 2009
    9 Posts
    but its reflective on every level except gm_construct (the first one that comes with gmod). why would it be normal on every other level, but completely black on this level?

and should the laser crystal be a brown-orange orb, is that the correct color for it?

6. Post #406
    July 2008
    203 Posts
    because the texture it uses is the cubemap texture.. meaning it depends on the map... some maps fail to have this, so it is just black. also, you arnt just limited to the mirror for reflecting it either... if you change the texture of ANY model the the cubemap texture, then it will reflect lasers.

7. Post #407

May 2009
    9 Posts
    so wait, how do i change the texture of something to cubemap. where do i go to change it? sorry for my dumb quetions, im a total beginner at gmod.

and is there a way to import the texture into the map?

8. Post #408

May 2009
    9 Posts
    answers plox?

9. Post #409
    July 2008
    203 Posts
    shut up and be patient... whyning on with "answers pl0x" will get you no further.

1) go into the materials tool under the "render" catagory... i think (its where the camera and RT camera tools are kept)
    2) no, i dont think so. if the map doesnt have that cubemap texture then thats tough.
    3) if its a problem then just play a map that does have the texture.

i once made a ship with reflective plating on it in certain places. I tryed to kill it with my ION cannon i made.. and it reflected back and destroyed the ION cannon.. xD
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #410
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,061 Posts
    Whoa, nice!

11. Post #411
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    645 Posts
    I committed an update to the SVN to fix the Wiremod error. Tell me if there are other bugs.

12. Post #412
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,061 Posts
    There you go! I said he didn't abandon this stuff, now do you believe me?

13. Post #413
    July 2008
    203 Posts
    ok.. i believe me... but we needs new textures lol... i'd give you them myself... but i have no idea how

14. Post #414
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    1,164 Posts
    I found that the actual beam is a flat line (noticed this when the width was set high). When you go over it, it will turn it appear rounded, but I think a rounded model for the laser would give a better appearance.

15. Post #415
    July 2008
    203 Posts
    that would lagg, and anyway... most laser effects are a collection of 2D sprites arranged in a pattern... like on eve, all of the thruster effects are composed or 2 or 3 2D sprites at different angles... i suggest doing this to make better effects

16. Post #416
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    1,164 Posts
    that would lagg, and anyway... most laser effects are a collection of 2D sprites arranged in a pattern... like on eve, all of the thruster effects are composed or 2 or 3 2D sprites at different angles... i suggest doing this to make better effects
    his idea sounds easier than mine, but with a similar affect.

I like it

17. Post #417
    July 2008
    203 Posts
    not my idea... its been in use for a very long time... i just lik to pay attention to the effects and all the details, and appreciate the amount of work and effort that goes into making games.
    Most people will just look at an effect and go.. hm thats nice.. or not even notice it... but i like to take the time to study them... because i am sad, and i get off on cool graphics :D

tldr: yes, it is an awesome idea

18. Post #418
    January 2008
    6 Posts
    could you maybe make a one way mirror?

19. Post #419
    May 2006
    6 Posts
    How about a function where breaking the laser beam is detected so that it can be used for alarms and such?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #420
    January 2008
    2,586 Posts
    How about a function where breaking the laser beam is detected so that it can be used for alarms and such?
    Easy for you to say...

21. Post #421
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,734 Posts
    Wiremod can do this easily already with the ranger tool.
    It even makes a beam.

22. Post #422
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,061 Posts
    Yup, that's how the very-basic automated turret works (I say very-basic because I made some improvements to -orb-'s design without using expressions).

It even makes a beam.
    ... which is always white.

23. Post #423
    August 2008
    3,365 Posts
    Nice bump =/ and you could just use a ranger, and a laser, so it triggers alarms and kills, if you must.

24. Post #424
    May 2006
    6 Posts
    It even makes a beam.
    Ahh...
    I'm new to wire. I have to check out that ranger tool then.
    Thanks.

25. Post #425
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    1,164 Posts
    ... which is always white.
    all the better to surprise your enemy with

26. Post #426
    August 2007
    33 Posts
    Does madjawa update this? I'd love to see him add a noise option for this. Not having one is pretty much the only reason why I don't like using these very often. That, and the ability to set the color.

27. Post #427
    August 2009
    1 Posts
    Hi, could you make a laser stool to use on spacebuild, 1 that needs energy pr. sec to use? more energy for bigger beam...

28. Post #428
    January 2008
    6 Posts
    is it possible to make a one way mirror??
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #429
    July 2008
    203 Posts
    ooh if this is still being looked at... then may i suggest that you can input XYZ coords to fiar ure lazah there. like with the wire ranger tool.

also is there a way to add gcombat damage??

30. Post #430
    Dennab
    March 2009
    1,876 Posts
    What is the difference between the types of disintegration?
    I know core dissolves fast, and the AR2 Style dissolves them and rises them up, But what about light and heavy electrical? I can't tell the difference.
    Also, an explanation on the other two would help as well.

(Before you go freaking out about this being an "Old Thread", It was still just on page 2!)

And what does the "Ending Effect" Do?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #431
    February 2009
    10 Posts
    This is very nice mod.

But its annoying that adv dupe doesnt dupe laser wirings, so you have to wire lasers every time you dupe something with lasers. Can you fix that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #432
    January 2009
    532 Posts
    Gonna test right now. First one didn't work, for some reason. A LOT of Lua errors.

After the test:

I tested few times, and all the time gmod just shut down. Bud the laser Stool itself works. And also you should make the freeze option, so it wouldn't be wielded to the world.

BTW:

When I die with the laser, i'm in afterlife!

33. Post #433
    August 2008
    169 Posts
    I wasn't read previous posts, but did you patched it with madjawa's fix?

34. Post #434
    January 2008
    6 Posts
    i believe the svn server is down again, when i try to do an svn update i get the error
    OPTIONS of 'https://svn.madjawa.net/lua/LaserSTOOL': SSL negotiation failed:
    SSL error: unknown protocol (https://svn.madjawa.net)

35. Post #435
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    645 Posts
    Yes sorry for that, I updated my server some days ago and I didn't realise that it broke the SSL protocol. It is fixed now.

36. Post #436
    July 2008
    203 Posts
    have you stopped working on laser stool now? D:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #437
    June 2008
    105 Posts
    I hope not D:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #438

December 2009
    59 Posts
    help,when the laser comes out its purple and black.and i have wiremod please help

39. Post #439
    July 2008
    203 Posts
    help,when the laser comes out its purple and black.and i have wiremod please help
    you dont have the right games for it to work. like the Episode 2 texture will come out as purple and black if you dont have it. Check to make sure you have got the game that it comes from.

40. Post #440

December 2009
    59 Posts
    I have Episode 1,2,Deathmatch,Lost coast,and hl2