1. Post #841
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    1,131 Posts
    Damn. We know you're serious now, lol. Not adding things to the pack/server because they don't have Adv Dupe support yet, hardcore man, hardcore.
    Keep up the good work and hope it gets released soon!

2. Post #842
    Lap
    December 2006
    523 Posts
    Damn. We know you're serious now, lol. Not adding things to the pack/server because they don't have Adv Dupe support yet, hardcore man, hardcore.!
    I seriously have no idea what you're trying to get across here.

3. Post #843
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    1,131 Posts
    Nothing. Absolutely nothing at all.
    Supposed to be a 'good job' kinda deal, but apparently failed.

4. Post #844

January 2009
    2 Posts
    please finish the WM:RTS wikia i love reading unit stats and tips need DMG amount COOLDOWN and AoE

5. Post #845
    Lap
    December 2006
    523 Posts
    please finish the WM:RTS wikia i love reading unit stats and tips need DMG amount COOLDOWN and AoE
    It's a wiki which means you players can add to it. I'm never going to do it personally since I would rather work on the in game encylcopedia or actual features. You probably won't see too detailed unit stats there until release.

6. Post #846
    October 2008
    123 Posts
    please remove rowlemomorial form map sycle the server dies at that map because players hate it or are crashed by it.

7. Post #847
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    748 Posts
    are there any updates at the moment

8. Post #848
    January 2009
    751 Posts

9. Post #849
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,786 Posts
    Lap, I hope you finish the gamemode, and not let it die, like I've seen before with awesome gamemodes.

10. Post #850
    October 2008
    123 Posts
    ENEMYS OF THE MELON BEWARE

had to post made out of boredom when i was only one on the server.

11. Post #851
    April 2008
    175 Posts
    Ha nice!

12. Post #852
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    1,362 Posts
    I want this gamemode so I can test ships in SP :/, I don't run a server nor do I have experience running one, but still, can't wait for it to be released :D.

13. Post #853
    February 2009
    108 Posts
    I do hope it is public soon, i love this gamemode.

14. Post #854
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    1,131 Posts
    Hey, loved the original (for the few days I had it, untill I saw this, lol) and am excited for release. Just wondering, do you have a 'tutorial' server? Like a server for new players, or is it just the one?

15. Post #855
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,880 Posts
    There is only one server for Warmelons.

The best time to practice is to get on the server when it is empty. That way you can get your bearings.

We still do not have a good Starter Guide for now but that would soon change.

16. Post #856
    June 2008
    107 Posts
    only one server running this.. cant wait for release :S

17. Post #857

November 2008
    50 Posts
    gayy

(User was permabanned for this post (Reason: Contuinues to shit up threads with shit trolling posts made to be shit. Is not learning.) [event] 95204 [/event])

That was predictable.

plus i am a Fan of WarMelons.

18. Post #858
    May 2009
    2 Posts
    Dont let the Thread DIE!!!!
    bump

19. Post #859
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,880 Posts
    Dont let the Thread DIE!!!!
    bump
    It is not dead. Did you even bother to read the first post? Server is still up and so is the main website. We just have not been able to work, Lap is away for the moment so yeah.

20. Post #860
    April 2007
    724 Posts
    Why is this a "release" when you can not download?

21. Post #861
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,880 Posts
    Don't know and really don't care. There are plenty of other threads that are not releases.

This game will be done when it is done. In the meantime, just play on the server we have on. There still is PLENTY of work that needs to be done on this GM.

22. Post #862
    Lap
    December 2006
    523 Posts
    I was wondering how long it would take for someone to whine about this. When this thread was created, there was a download posted. This version is so out of date that I have unlisted it, though you can still find the old SVN version as well as a version on garrysmod.org. I just decided not to shit up the forums with another thread and continued here.

I've been out of my GMOD groove for about a month and I need to get back into it. There's a lot of half done stuff I should be finishing soon and a lot more maps to put on the server. Thanks for the patience. I'll be working on some old bugs as well as trying to figure out how the noclip in the last GMOD update is so terrible.

23. Post #863
    April 2007
    26 Posts
    I've been out of my GMOD groove for about a month and I need to get back into it. There's a lot of half done stuff I should be finishing soon and a lot more maps to put on the server. Thanks for the patience. I'll be working on some old bugs as well as trying to figure out how the noclip in the last GMOD update is so terrible.
    yay. thank god this mod isnt dead i look forward to a new release :)

24. Post #864
    July 2009
    75 Posts
    I remember playing this, to bad you made it for you can't download now...

25. Post #865
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,880 Posts
    I remember playing this, to bad you made it for you can't download now...
    It is a GM in the works. There are plenty of things to work on.

26. Post #866
    Lap
    December 2006
    523 Posts
    It's been quite a long time since the last update. I really needed a break from WM:RTS and found myself unable to muster the enthusiasm to do much over the last month. Having some time off let me catch up on actually playing some games and I also was able to spend some time making cooperative maps for Men of War (be on the lookout for those sometime soon). Hopefully Natural Selection 2 and Elemental: War of Magic take their sweet time coming out so I won't be tempted to script for those.

Next updates will try to focus on repulsors, launchers, transports, missiles, and bug fixes.

On to the update news:

[release]There are some real major updates here that might affect your dupes so be warned.

-Prop health and mass are now determined by the volume of the prop.
    Previously all that mattered was how much a prop weighed. Now volume is the sole factor. Servers can determine how much health is given for a certain volume, as well as how much health translates into weight.

I have designed the system so that your dupes should essentially always function regardless of the settings. Should you go to a server with different settings, the worst that could happen is that your contraption COULD be unnecessarily heavy for its health. To make sure your contraptions should always work, I've decided to have the advanced duplicator keep the original masses and simply lowers the health if it needs to. Your contraption wouldn't be the most efficient, but at least it would work.

-Updated the base prop tool to let you lighten/weaken existing props (and spawn weakend props) so that you can save NRG and better balance contraptions.

-Player movement restored to old Garry's Mod noclip.
    The new way was ruining hotkey combos. Thanks goes to jinto.

-Spawn points now have a few more checks to stop people building them in unfair locations.
    Most of these checks are to stop people from building inside objects, corners, tight tunnels, buildings, etc. There will always be ways to build outside the map and I'm still trying to figure out a good way to stop this. If you see people building outside the map, feel free to report them with a screenshot or two. I also forgot to put in an error message when you build somewhere illegal. Next update I'll fix it.

-Spawn point tool has a nice ghost so you can see where you are placing it.

-Battlefield command, regenerative core, microwave laser, molecular disassembler, mind control have had their models updated to Articus's models.
    These models are bigger and may give your old dupes some problems. Superweapons should be much easier to hit now. Only the chaos cannon lacks a custom model.

-Microwave laser, molecular disassembler, and mind control given unique attack sounds.
    More to come and I plan on tweaking all of these.

-Mind control and microwave laser cost increased to 60000.

-Megabomb cost increased to 75000.

-Mortar firing range fixed.
    The server kept reseting to a tickrate of 66 instead of 33. This meant the server was running faster and twice as laggy as it should have. Now the server is half as laggy and a number of physics oddities are fixed.

-Capture point fortifications neither add nor remove melon limit.

-Added a new conver WM_SWTypeLimit (Default 1). This limits the amount of super weapons of the same type that any team can have.

We shouldn't be seeing anymore triple mind control vehicles and such.

-Radar is now off by default.
    There are a lot of maps where it is very useless on and many people would join the game with a screwed up client and be unable to see anything because of it.

-Old selection method off by default.
    The old "shiny" selection method is a lot worse and most people don't even know about the new one, so a lot more people should be noticing the new selection system now.

-Updated the menu VGUI to accurately reflect it's new key (F4).

-Fixed some random cost calculations with Adv Dupe.

-Fixed some cost bugs with the baseprop tool.

-Added many "new" maps to the rotation. Some of these have been out for a while, but have never had a variant made for them or had some other problems.

I have put some of these in a map pack in case you want to save time waiting in the server : http://www.filefront.com/14029297/WMJulyMapPack.zip

wm_crossfire - Author - Terminator

This map is dynamic. Only three sides will start with a bridge, but every so often the bridges and ramps will shift and totally change your available paths.

wm_seton'sclutch Author - Terminator

A large land and sea map based on the Supreme Commander map. The only current variant has this map essentially in a 3v3 situation, with three teams on each side. Make truces or destroy your neighbors before you deal with the other side.

cs_harvest Author R_Yell

A total random find while I was looking through fpsbanana. This is an outdoor map with very different terrain and elevations.

wm_platform_build Author - laptopman

A four team map hovering out in the sky. This is the exact same as gm_platform_build, but with the textures packed.

wm_platforms Author - laptopman

An even smaller four team map. The current variant has 3x resources. This is a quick map. This is the exact same as gm_platforms, but with the textures packed.

wm_the-farm-2009v1 Author - Omen

A very old map, but one that was never actually played. This is a four-five team map with three elevation levels to worry about. The original filename is wm_the-farm-2009v1.0. The .0 at the end caused all variants to not load. Since I've changed the filename all is well. For those of you with the map you can just delete the .0 at the end and you'll be fine.

wm_battlepit_v1 Author - Retroactive

Another very old map. designed for four teams, but with a variant made for six. It is a massive wide open arena style map. This map has been in the closet for a long time since it has been used for the survival mode I've been developing. I apologize for forgetting about it for so long.

wm_novemdectet Author - Retroactive

Four teams battle on the sides of a canyon expanse. In the canyon lies train tracks that will sweep clean anyone foolish enough to remain there.[/release]

27. Post #867
    Lap
    December 2006
    523 Posts
    Normally, I would just add this to the previous update, but there are two things specifically that I really want to highlight here.

Yesterday's update went very well considering how much stuff was changed and there was really only one problem with a physgun check getting broken.

I investigated that which led to the most important updates as explained below:
    [release]Updates:

-Fixed being able to physgun carry things outside your spawn points and outposts.
    This was a bug created from the last patch, but it's special because it led to this....

-The infamous physgun glitch has been solved in every way.
    No longer will moving a melon out of range bug that melon. No longer can other players physgun slow or bug your melons. This was such an easy ten minute fix I am embarrassed at not noticing it earlier. I guess I needed to investigate it again with a fresh look.

-Made admins no longer able to break most physgun rules unless on team 0.
    I probably forgot some of them, but it is a good start so far. There should be a lot less players accusing admins of purposely cheating. It was pretty easy to accidentally break the rules before.

Flak will now auto fire at hoverballs hidden inside of contraptions
    This is a long awaited change. Flak will automatically detect if a target is behind an object, but still close enough to be damaged if the blocking object is hit. Newbies are really going to love this one since no one knows how to force fire.

Fixed the variant menu not being downloaded on the main server
    Let me know if you still can't see it.

Was getting some reports of unconfirmed bugs with the new base prop tool. Let me know if you find anything wrong with that.[/release]

28. Post #868
    Lap
    December 2006
    523 Posts
    This is mostly a bug fix update, with some harvester modifications.
    [release]-Fixed a free money exploit with the base prop tool.

-Fixed missiles having infinite fuel after being flaked.

-Stopped all current unfreezing exploits and likely more I didn't even know existed.

-Launchers now respect their maximum ammo limit.

-Launchers are now 1/3 the weight.

I still can't find a good way to make them have a significant weight without them tipping over constantly.

-Launchers should now accept bombs that are touching them easier than before
    Slightly laggier, but no need to worry as much about bombs that just finished building not being accepted into the launcher.

-Fixed duping of ballast tanks causing ballast tanks to use melon cap.

-Fixed advanced dupes exploding on some maps n
    No guarantee this fix will work for all maps. We'll see how it goes.

Balloons completely removed from the game.
    They are way too laggy for their use. I will try to make harvester be able to float over more obstacles in the future, but I need to make sure this can't be exploited so that they can simply fly away from danger and never be killed.

-Max melon limit reduced to 25 from 30.
    With the harvester changes below, the only net change should be less lag.

-Harvester changes:

Fully mobile harvester cost increased to 8000.
    Harvester speed reduced from 70 to 60.
    Harvester health doubled.
    Harvester's default NRG carrying capacity tripled to 3000.
    Harvester limit (which no one hit anyways) removed.

Overall these changes mean that harvesters got a slight boost. They get slightly more NRG per minute at the minimum distance. About dead even with the old harvesters a bit farther away, and a bit less as they get further away.

To compensate for having a higher initial investment, the health bonus means that overall more harvesters will live than before. A very quick attack on your harvesters should be more likely to leave your harvesters injured than dead. Harvester vehicles are now even more lucrative.

-Resource nodes will only fill a single harvester every five seconds instead of one.

This should stop the practice of seeing a horde of 20+ harvesters locust swarming resource nodes dry. This practice let unmolested players grow too fast (and seriously there is so much peace and love on the server that this happened constantly).

-Stopped unfinished spawn points and outposts from allowing you to build things near it.

Stopped the moving of func_rotatings like the bridges in wm_crossfire.

Fixed some issues with mind control shooting 12x as fast.
    This was fixed a few days ago, but I never mentioned it officially.[/release]

29. Post #869
    December 2007
    104 Posts
    Was just on the server this morning. The selector swep didn't work. I also didn't download the models like people said i was supposed to. So far from what I've seen, WM:RTS is a big let down. No one helps out new people (or very few do), and I'm unsure whether or not I'm the only person with the swep problem. Hope you fix it, somehow. I don't know if I'll be back on the server.

30. Post #870
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,880 Posts
    Was just on the server this morning. The selector swep didn't work. I also didn't download the models like people said i was supposed to. So far from what I've seen, WM:RTS is a big let down. No one helps out new people (or very few do), and I'm unsure whether or not I'm the only person with the swep problem. Hope you fix it, somehow. I don't know if I'll be back on the server.
    The model problem is one of Garrys Mod. You have to rejoin in order to see them. The selector stool does work, you just did not read the instructions for it.

We cannot help you when it comes to anything external such as PHX/Wire/etc.

31. Post #871
    Lap
    December 2006
    523 Posts
    IceBreaker, when you are the only one complaining about the swep being broken, wouldn't you just assume that the problem lies with you?

Anyways, time to throw you guys a bone:

Closed Transports are in.
    All the balance on their price weight and cost need balancing, and until they are balanced I will likely not add dupe support in.

So right now they are not dupable.

To use transports you simply need to have any other mobile melon touch them and in they go. They will not use melon cap, but you do need to have melon cap free when you want to unload them. To unload the melons you need to change their stance to "unload". You'll have to change it back to "load" for more melons to come on in. Remember that you can only select transports by holding down the use key while selecting (or holding down use while tapping the selection and looking directly at it).

Anything bigger than a fighter uses two slots in a transport.

Next update will probably have some more bug fixes, changes to the plasma cannon and changes to transports again. I'd like to make it so that transports automatically start loading melons again once they are empty. Having a rally point for them might be a good idea as well. I'm also considering adding a limit to how fast you can load.

The download server will also be down for a couple days while these new tools get tests.

Late Addition- I also fixed melon strikes not adding spawned melons to the limit. Interesting to see how rarely people complain about bugs they can abuse.

32. Post #872
    May 2007
    20 Posts
    plz tell me where to download this mod ?

33. Post #873
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,880 Posts
    plz tell me where to download this mod ?
    If had bothered to read the first post then you would know that this is not ready for download.

34. Post #874
    March 2009
    3,125 Posts
    If had bothered to read the first post then you would know that this is not ready for download.
    It would have been funnier if nobody had said anything.

35. Post #875
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,433 Posts
    I can honestly say that I hate the spawnpoint model with a passion. It is huge, bulky and oddly shaped. Could you please replace it with a model that's less of an eye sore?

36. Post #876
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,880 Posts
    I can honestly say that I hate the spawnpoint model with a passion. It is huge, bulky and oddly shaped. Could you please replace it with a model that's less of an eye sore?
    It is bulky/huge because it needed to be. The original model was a little small so people were able to fit the point in small areas giving themselves an unfair advantage. Plus it is a giant melon wedged into a pedestal.

37. Post #877
    April 2008
    175 Posts
    ... it is a giant melon wedged into a pedestal.
    Whats not to love?

38. Post #878
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    715 Posts
    Has this been relesed yet??

39. Post #879
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,433 Posts
    Read the first post.

40. Post #880
    I WOTCH ANIEM
    October 2008
    8,048 Posts
    Same thing happens to me!