1. Post #1001
    March 2010
    137 Posts
    Is the server up? I mean I added the IP that's there but its not coming up.

2. Post #1002
    May 2009
    1,003 Posts
    Did you even bother to read the post dates?

3. Post #1003
    March 2010
    137 Posts
    Yes, I was in the older thread which was pretty much dead and I was told to come here. So I did because I really liked the old version but now this one is apparently better. Plus one week isn't that old.

4. Post #1004
    May 2009
    1,003 Posts
    I'm talking about the posts talking about the server, the server has been gone a while... and to tell you the truth this is no better then warmelons at this point...still needs alot of work and its been getting worked on since 2008....

5. Post #1005
    March 2010
    137 Posts
    Oh, Well no I didn't read about the server and I want to get this because there is breakable props which I really want and a resource system :) problem is there is no download up :(

6. Post #1006
    JovaCentral
    September 2009
    787 Posts
    There is a download on garrysmod.org.

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=60384
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #1007
    March 2010
    137 Posts
    Thanks so much, I've been looking for a working download forever! <3

8. Post #1008
    JovaCentral
    September 2009
    787 Posts
    np

9. Post #1009
    JovaCentral
    September 2009
    787 Posts
    Never mind.

10. Post #1010

May 2010
    4 Posts
    I haven't a clue how to install this, can someone shed a bit of light on the whole process?

I downloaded the filefront from Lap's post, and it seems as if this is built for Gmod9 and not 10.

11. Post #1011

May 2010
    1 Posts
    Hey guys, I know this thread is probably long dead but where can I get an up-to-date download for personal singleplay use? Im VACed atm (Lol) (I did something stupid when I was younger) Anyways. So... is there?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #1012
    June 2010
    5 Posts
    Is there a new verion form Warmelons?
    Download Link?
    Or SVN Link?

13. Post #1013

April 2010
    2 Posts
    willing to make a deal. if the gamemode is updated and finished for sp then i will send a link to a 59 cent player slot server seller
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

14. Post #1014
    June 2010
    5 Posts
    is this the gamemode whis the addons from this server :
    174.142.163.29:27016
    ????

15. Post #1015
    March 2010
    306 Posts
    is this the gamemode whis the addons from this server :
    174.142.163.29:27016
    ????
    Yep, that shud be the 1,
    Great Gamemode By The Way, Was playing it for 5 Hours No Stopping lol

16. Post #1016
    June 2010
    5 Posts
    its a great game^^

17. Post #1017
    Lap
    December 2006
    523 Posts
    Stop using this shit version I clearly didn't upload. It was outdated by over a year even when it was uploaded. Part of the reason I stopped developing this was because people kept uploading random versions to gmod.org. Then people complain that stuff doesn't work or sucks, when they're actually using a version that's years old.

Use the SVN link:

http://warmelonsrts.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

There's been plenty of gmod updates since I last played so I can't guarantee nothing got broken. Server tickrate should be 33 unless you want to do a lot of tinkering. Create a multiplayer LAN server instead of singelplayer if you want to test stuff out.

and to tell you the truth this is no better then warmelons at this point...still needs alot of work and its been getting worked on since 2008....
    Every person I've ever heard say this ends up being one of the retards that downloads something off garrysmod.org that claims to be WarMelons:RTS, but is instead actually the original two+ year old alpha or the original WarMelons.

18. Post #1018

September 2009
    11 Posts
    lap omg i love war melons but i cant figure out how to download it plz help
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #1019
    I used to play this 6 months ago, and this DL makes it change to sandbox? I choose WarmelonsRTS in the gamemode box, it goes to sandbox, I've tried 3 times now.

Edited:

SVN Of course.
    Trying regular DL now.

Edited:

Also, Lap, do you mind if I make a info.txt for your D/L (svn makes the gamemode change to sandbox) and re upload it? It's annoying having to make one on install and wonder why the fuck the gamemode isn't appearing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #1020
    March 2010
    306 Posts
    I used to play this 6 months ago, and this DL makes it change to sandbox? I choose WarmelonsRTS in the gamemode box, it goes to sandbox, I've tried 3 times now.

Edited:

SVN Of course.
    Trying regular DL now.

Edited:

Also, Lap, do you mind if I make a info.txt for your D/L (svn makes the gamemode change to sandbox) and re upload it? It's annoying having to make one on install and wonder why the fuck the gamemode isn't appearing.
    I think every1 gets tht problem, was gonna do 8 PLayer Lan Battle With some friends but i noticed that it had that issue, Hopefully they will update soon :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

21. Post #1021

August 2009
    23 Posts
    Well, I for one got the svn, however, I'm extremely worried by all the comments I see that say that this doesn't work. However I will give you benefit of the doubt and assume that the svn version works. Looks like a great time though.

22. Post #1022

September 2009
    11 Posts
    there is a dl for this on garrysmod.org uploaded bye rayboy he also has a warmelons server just look up warmelons on gmod.org and you will find it i too have a lan warmelons server that i have up right now and will run everyonce and awile during weekends

23. Post #1023
    Don't USE THE DAMN LINK ON SVN, soon I will be uploading the PROPER working version (SVN version loads and changes gamemode to sandbox for some odd reason), with the info.txt. So you can install properly without having to make one.
    The one I'm uploading is Lap's that was released on November 2nd 09. Except with a Info.txt, and IT WORKS!
    So yah, and don't download the garrysmod.org version, because that is OLD!

24. Post #1024
    March 2009
    400 Posts
    Don't USE THE DAMN LINK ON SVN, soon I will be uploading the PROPER working version (SVN version loads and changes gamemode to sandbox for some odd reason), with the info.txt. So you can install properly without having to make one.
    The one I'm uploading is Lap's that was released on November 2nd 09. Except with a Info.txt, and IT WORKS!
    How soon?

25. Post #1025
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,903 Posts
    Please make sure you get his permission first or PM him the fix so he can add it in the SVN. That way it will be easy for everyone and create less confusion in the matter.

26. Post #1026
    How soon?
    Shit, I forgot, I'll do it tomorrow.

27. Post #1027
    March 2009
    400 Posts
    Shit, I forgot, I'll do it tomorrow.
    :hellyeah:

28. Post #1028

August 2010
    2 Posts
    I personally could not find any server running this. I did find a server named War Melon Server - Wire|PHX1-3, but it was running what appeared to be an unupdated version of MegaJohnny's. That is not this mod. It is not even the latest of the original. Make sure you put WarMelons:RTS in your title so people can find it. There is also a WarMelons map called wm_dawn you can get from garrysmod.org. Running that map might help people find the server.

One last thing for server hosts.
    1. Make sure you read the admin help section.
    2. Until this becomes a gamemode it is easy minged. I guess I can say the same for most sandboxes. Just don't expect to leave an empty dedicated server up with it and not have dumbasses ruining things. Play in small groups with your friends.

Thanks. Although the cause I still haven't nailed down as I haven't been able to reproduce it I have treated the effect. A nice filefront download is up that should fix the issue. http://files.filefront.com/patch101z.../fileinfo.html is the patch. The main download has been updated as well.

I have never had any beta tester say anything like this and I am seriously confused. Is this your own server? The binds work normally? You can only attack after your melons are damaged? Are there any error messages in the console? Are you an admin on the server? Did you create the melons yourself *prop protection settings on some servers MIGHT be the problem, but I really don't know if I don't have more information.

Has anyone else experienced this?
    Well i have a problem that i cant see the tool seen in the youtube and i dont know if there are any commands or anything but im really sad since i cant tell my melons what to do... they sit there looking at the enemy base while eating potato chips in a lounging chair, hopefully you might fiix this in a patch or something

29. Post #1029
    Download is here.
    Sorry for the delay, I sort of, forgot...

30. Post #1030
    January 2010
    295 Posts
    Does this need ep2? I read something about flechette.

31. Post #1031
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,903 Posts
    Does this need ep2? I read something about flechette.
    I am not sure if it uses Ep2 anymore or if it still does. The plasma cannon melon shoots flechettes at the enemy so you may see errors flying if you do not own Ep2. It has been awhile since I played WMRTS. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think Lap fixed that issue so anyone can see them.

32. Post #1032
    Lap
    December 2006
    523 Posts
    This whole "switches to sandbox thing" is really a non issue.

sv_gamemodeoverride WarMelonsRTS

This is also the only way to make sure than maps don't automatically change the gamemode to something else. In this way you can play any map regardless of what it was originally created for (like the Onslaught evolved ones). Thanks for uploading a fix anyways though.

Episode two is probably no longer required as I remember one of last things I did was change plasma cannons from shooting inaccurate flechettes into a very slow moving plasma ball (basically, something to kill capitol ships and fortresses).

Also, I've got a special treat for everyone still interested. I finally dug up all the old variants (the things that populate the maps with resources and such).

Here are all the files. I don't guarantee they are all good (the CS ones in particular suck), but they are from the official server. This WM-RTS directory must be present in the data folder of the server (should look like 'data\WM-RTS\variants').

Also inside are folders labeled scenarios, propfiles, and melonfiles. These are rarely seen and pretty much no one but me knows what they do sooooo.....

[release]Scenarios- Want to play tower defense/survival mode?

I developed an extremely obscure mode only a few people ever got to play. You and your teammates need to survive increasingly harsh waves of enemies and see how long you survive. High scores are recorded. The only map I made one of these for was wm_battlepit_v1. Build your base in the middle and try to survive.

To play it, put
    WM_ScenarioMode

in a variant file. wm_battlepit_v1 already has a survival variant and should automatically start if you play this map.

--------------------------------------------

The propfiles and melonfiles folders show demonstration of how to make maps that come with melons and entire bases prespawned. In one of the variants for wm_castles_v2 there will be a neutral "barbarian" base with melons on patrol, guarding resources.

Modders who want to can take any map and make a scenario where one side starts with a base, and the other starts with an army of melons or whatever.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Lastly, the rarely seen Phantom gamemode, which should be described in the encyclopedia can be turned on by WM_ScenarioMode 13. The common gamemode Assassin, where each player has a target to kill, can be activated by WM_ScenarioMode 10.

These two modes have only been lightly tested.[/release]

http://www.mediafire.com/?pda1jp7wo4cjxqt

I also have the converted maps from Empires if anyone wants them.
    I decided to just throw the variants into the main download and throw it up on garrysmod.org. This version also contains the modified advanced duplicator files that are 100% required if you want to have working dupes using WM.

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=107181

[Surprise, surprise, the reason i stopped using the org...file is reported already]

33. Post #1033
    Thank you lap, this is gonna' be awesome. Just need some friends.. hmm... I'm launching Gmod as we speak.

Edited:

wm_scenariomode does not exist, I found wm_scenariopregame though.

34. Post #1034

May 2008
    51 Posts
    Awesome lap, I got my own srv with wmrts, and already had a few variants, but I still had alot to do, but now I could dl them from you XD.

Any chance of getting all the maps from you? I got over 20 already, but I bet there is some I dont have.

35. Post #1035
    Lap
    December 2006
    523 Posts
    Edited:

wm_scenariomode does not exist, I found wm_scenariopregame though.
    I think scenariopregame is a warmup timer that only works with scenarios.

Anyways, I was mistaken on WM_ScenarioMode. It is not a console command. It is an internal variable. The only way to trigger it is to write:

WM_ScenarioMode
    #

in a variant file. The survival variant for WM_battlepit_v1 already has

WM_ScenarioMode

which tells the game to do survival mode.

Note that WM_ScenarioMode is case sensitive.

Feha- I'm not going to upload a complete collection or something like that, but I can fill in for known missing maps. Though I don't know, I hear you've been shit talking behind my back.

36. Post #1036

May 2008
    51 Posts
    This is odd, for some reason the variants you released are not compatible with my version of wmrts, and actually look very different in the txt (has linebreaks, while the ones I make in my server does not).

37. Post #1037
    I WOTCH ANIEM
    October 2008
    8,085 Posts
    I know I shouldn't say this, but there is no server with it.

38. Post #1038
    JovaCentral
    September 2009
    787 Posts
    I may put it back on my server soon it people are willing to play.

39. Post #1039
    I WOTCH ANIEM
    October 2008
    8,085 Posts
    I may put it back on my server soon it people are willing to play.
    Lots of people are willing to play it, and you know.

40. Post #1040
    Lap
    December 2006
    523 Posts
    Lots of people are willing to play it, and you know.
    Unfortunately this is one of the hardest gamemodes to host of any game I can think of. I can only prevent so many exploits with tools and someone is always going to find a way to break something. Without admins to ban these people the gamemode degenerates quickly.

It also requires a very fast CPU and a lot of bandwidth, in addition to needing things like variant files, extra support for modified advanced dupes, etc. It's very hard to just throw up a WM server in half an hour on a whim. It's the price that needs to be paid for so much customization.