1. Post #1041
    I WOTCH ANIEM
    October 2008
    8,073 Posts
    I understand. I remember that two months ago there was a server hosting WM:RTS, but I never saw it back. We still had some fun doing alliances and betraying each other. Even my enemies laughed when I flung my Mind Control with the Physgun (I know it is limited, I kept making outposts) into their base.

2. Post #1042
    Bitch please, i am FABULOUS
    July 2008
    1,373 Posts
    Guys, need some help.

When people join the server, they dont see the capture points, nor other stuff, except the resource nodes. They cant spawn stuff or see the menu.

Does someone know how to fix this?

3. Post #1043
    February 2010
    65 Posts
    does this have skirishim ai or something?

4. Post #1044
    June 2010
    400 Posts
    Doesn't work. I try to spawn something. But I need money or something.

5. Post #1045
    July 2008
    1,373 Posts
    You mean NRG?

You need to spawn rescource nodes, and spawn points with the admin tools. Then save it in the F4 menu to keep it when it restarts.

Or set your NRG to a certain amout with the NRG set tool for admins.

6. Post #1046
    July 2008
    1,373 Posts
    Guys, need some help.

When people join the server, they dont see the capture points, nor other stuff, except the resource nodes. They cant spawn stuff or see the menu.

Does someone know how to fix this?
    Bumped it because i want to know :|

7. Post #1047
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,072 Posts
    I was able to do things just fine earlier today. Was Treelor.

8. Post #1048
    February 2010
    65 Posts
    i cant select units with the weapon

never mind i fixed it

9. Post #1049
    July 2008
    1,373 Posts
    I was able to do things just fine earlier today. Was Treelor.
    Yeh, but that was because you already downloaded the contents from a other gameserver or just manually.

I think its fixed now. So dont mind me

10. Post #1050
    January 2010
    143 Posts
    Erm... Does anyone know this "Lap" as "L4ppy" or "Lappy"
    Cause if so I think I know him, and the guy I know is an awesome LUA coder so this could no doubt be him....

11. Post #1051
    July 2008
    1,373 Posts
    Last update broke this i think.

12. Post #1052
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,072 Posts
    Do you mean the spawnpoint stool? Its broken on Feha's server.

13. Post #1053
    July 2008
    1,373 Posts
    Yea, its broken on my server too.

14. Post #1054

September 2010
    61 Posts
    Lap. I need to ask you a question and please reply.

Are you still working on the WM:RTS mod or is it dead?
    Because for about 2 days ago i had a full working version and then i downloaded the newest version from your download link and deleted the old version and now nothing of it works. Not one thing, i get errors evry i spawn a spawn point or a resurce node or cap point or oplink and when i spawn melons please help me. Or at least answer my question.

Ps. It is a Fucking nice mod you are making i wish i could do it like that and if you need another beta tester just ask me i have in long time wished to be a beta tester for some awesome stuff and this is very awesome.
    please reply.

15. Post #1055

May 2008
    51 Posts
    Hi, sorry I didnt notice the errors. I checked my bugreport log and apparently this was reported to me 8 days ago, so I checked into it. I think I fixed it on my server now, it had to do with 9 occurances of "SetAngles(Vector(" and 1 occurance of "SetAngles( Vector(" (and some other that isnt as easy to find using np++ find in files).

I heard a recent gmod update made setangles not accept vectors, altough I havent found any real confirmation on that.
    Not sure if SetAngles(Vector()) used to result in Vector():Angle() or Angle(Vector()). Due to some tests with stuff I remember in which way they worked, I think it was Angle(Vector()).
    The errors pop up in other addons aswell, but it isnt to hard to fix them ;).

For other people who got this error, simply change Vector( to Angle( and you should be fine. There is however some other occurances that is not like that, hope I found all:

All those are the same lua code:
    [@gamemodes/WarMelonsRTS/entities/weapons/gmod_tool/stools/lap_spawnpoints.lua:117] bad argument #1 to 'SetAngles' (Angle expected, got Vector)
    [@gamemodes/WarMelonsRTS/entities/weapons/gmod_tool/stools/lap_outposts.lua:74] bad argument #1 to 'SetAngles' (Angle expected, got Vector)
    [@gamemodes/WarMelonsRTS/entities/weapons/gmod_tool/stools/lap_resnodes.lua:25] bad argument #1 to 'SetAngles' (Angle expected, got Vector)
    [@gamemodes/WarMelonsRTS/entities/weapons/gmod_tool/stools/lap_uplinks.lua:24] bad argument #1 to 'SetAngles' (Angle expected, got Vector)
    [@gamemodes/WarMelonsRTS/entities/weapons/gmod_tool/stools/lap_cappoints.lua:23] bad argument #1 to 'SetAngles' (Angle expected, got Vector)

melon:SetAngles (trace.HitNormal) -> melon:SetAngles (Angle(0,0,0))

I do not remember ever seeing those getting spawned in odd angles (The reason I think SetAngles(Vector()) used to do Angle(Vector())). Thus I make it always spawn with Angle(0,0,0).

[@gamemodes/WarMelonsRTS/entities/weapons/gmod_tool/stools/fightars.lua:54] bad argument #1 to 'SetAngles' (Angle expected, got Vector)
    [@gamemodes/WarMelonsRTS/entities/weapons/gmod_tool/stools/lap_strikers.lua:42] bad argument #1 to 'SetAngles' (Angle expected, got Vector)

melon:SetAngles (Ang); -> melon:SetAngles (Ang:Angle());

Here it use a variable named Ang, which on line 22 in first file and 23 in second: local Ang = trace.HitNormal.

[@gamemodes/WarMelonsRTS/entities/weapons/gmod_tool/stools/lap_cannons.lua:43] bad argument #1 to 'SetAngles' (Angle expected, got Vector)
    [@gamemodes/WarMelonsRTS/entities/weapons/gmod_tool/stools/lap_harvesters.lua:44] bad argument #1 to 'SetAngles' (Angle expected, got Vector)
    [@gamemodes/WarMelonsRTS/entities/weapons/gmod_tool/stools/l_fightars.lua:52] bad argument #1 to 'SetAngles' (Angle expected, got Vector)
    [@gamemodes/WarMelonsRTS/entities/weapons/gmod_tool/stools/lap_mgs.lua:43] bad argument #1 to 'SetAngles' (Angle expected, got Vector)
    [@gamemodes/WarMelonsRTS/entities/weapons/gmod_tool/stools/ordermelons.lua:55] bad argument #1 to 'SetAngles' (Angle expected, got Vector)
    [@gamemodes/WarMelonsRTS/entities/weapons/gmod_tool/stools/pcannons.lua:41] bad argument #1 to 'SetAngles' (Angle expected, got Vector)
    [@gamemodes/WarMelonsRTS/entities/weapons/gmod_tool/stools/lap_snipers.lua:42] bad argument #1 to 'SetAngles' (Angle expected, got Vector)
    [@gamemodes/WarMelonsRTS/entities/weapons/gmod_tool/stools/medics.lua:45] bad argument #1 to 'SetAngles' (Angle expected, got Vector)
    [@gamemodes/WarMelonsRTS/entities/weapons/gmod_tool/stools/lap_superweapons.lua:56] bad argument #1 to 'SetAngles' (Angle expected, got Vector)

melon:SetAngles (trace.HitNormal); -> melon:SetAngles (trace.HitNormal:Angle());

This will make it have a better angle relative the surface you weld it to.

[@gamemodes/WarMelonsRTS/entities/entities/lap_mortar/init.lua:64] bad argument #1 to 'SetAngles' (Angle expected, got Vector)

expl:SetAngles(angle); -> expl:SetAngles(angle:Angle());

This error gets spammed clientside:
    [@weapons\gmod_tool\stools\nobuildareas.lua:88] bad argument #1 to 'SetAngles' (Angle expected, got Vector)
    ent:SetAngles( trace.HitNormal ) -> ent:SetAngles( trace.HitNormal:Angle() )
    This error spams clientside, probably because of a ghost. shouldnt matter what angle it has if its a ghost, so maybe just convert vector to angle?
    Remember the tool is admin only.

Hope this helped, and I am sorry for taking such long time before reading my bugreport.txt :S.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

16. Post #1056

September 2010
    61 Posts
    Hi, sorry I didnt notice the errors. I checked my bugreport log and apparently this was reported to me 8 days ago, so I checked into it. I think I fixed it on my server now, it had to do with 9 occurances of "SetAngles(Vector(" and 1 occurance of "SetAngles( Vector(" (and some other that isnt as easy to find using np++ find in files).

I heard a recent gmod update made setangles not accept vectors, altough I havent found any real confirmation on that.
    Not sure if SetAngles(Vector()) used to result in Vector():Angle() or Angle(Vector()). Due to some tests with stuff I remember in which way they worked, I think it was Angle(Vector()).
    The errors pop up in other addons aswell, but it isnt to hard to fix them ;).

For other people who got this error, simply change Vector( to Angle( and you should be fine. There is however some other occurances that is not like that, hope I found all:

[@gamemodes/WarMelonsRTS/entities/weapons/gmod_tool/stools/lap_spawnpoints.lua:117] bad argument #1 to 'SetAngles' (Angle expected, got Vector)
    [@gamemodes/WarMelonsRTS/entities/weapons/gmod_tool/stools/lap_outposts.lua:74] bad argument #1 to 'SetAngles' (Angle expected, got Vector)
    [@gamemodes/WarMelonsRTS/entities/weapons/gmod_tool/stools/lap_resnodes.lua:25] bad argument #1 to 'SetAngles' (Angle expected, got Vector)
    [@gamemodes/WarMelonsRTS/entities/weapons/gmod_tool/stools/lap_uplinks.lua:24] bad argument #1 to 'SetAngles' (Angle expected, got Vector)
    [@gamemodes/WarMelonsRTS/entities/weapons/gmod_tool/stools/lap_cappoints.lua:23] bad argument #1 to 'SetAngles' (Angle expected, got Vector)

melon:SetAngles (trace.HitNormal) -> melon:SetAngles (Angle(0,0,0))

I do not remember ever seeing those getting spawned in odd angles (The reason I think SetAngles(Vector()) used to do Angle(Vector())). Thus I make it always spawn with Angle(0,0,0).

[@gamemodes/WarMelonsRTS/entities/weapons/gmod_tool/stools/fightars.lua:54] bad argument #1 to 'SetAngles' (Angle expected, got Vector)
    [@gamemodes/WarMelonsRTS/entities/weapons/gmod_tool/stools/lap_strikers.lua:42] bad argument #1 to 'SetAngles' (Angle expected, got Vector)

melon:SetAngles (Ang); -> melon:SetAngles (Ang:Angle());

Here it use a variable named Ang, which on line 22 in first file and 23 in second: local Ang = trace.HitNormal.

[@gamemodes/WarMelonsRTS/entities/weapons/gmod_tool/stools/lap_cannons.lua:43] bad argument #1 to 'SetAngles' (Angle expected, got Vector)
    [@gamemodes/WarMelonsRTS/entities/weapons/gmod_tool/stools/lap_harvesters.lua:44] bad argument #1 to 'SetAngles' (Angle expected, got Vector)
    [@gamemodes/WarMelonsRTS/entities/weapons/gmod_tool/stools/l_fightars.lua:52] bad argument #1 to 'SetAngles' (Angle expected, got Vector)
    [@gamemodes/WarMelonsRTS/entities/weapons/gmod_tool/stools/lap_mgs.lua:43] bad argument #1 to 'SetAngles' (Angle expected, got Vector)
    [@gamemodes/WarMelonsRTS/entities/weapons/gmod_tool/stools/ordermelons.lua:55] bad argument #1 to 'SetAngles' (Angle expected, got Vector)
    [@gamemodes/WarMelonsRTS/entities/weapons/gmod_tool/stools/pcannons.lua:41] bad argument #1 to 'SetAngles' (Angle expected, got Vector)
    [@gamemodes/WarMelonsRTS/entities/weapons/gmod_tool/stools/lap_snipers.lua:42] bad argument #1 to 'SetAngles' (Angle expected, got Vector)
    [@gamemodes/WarMelonsRTS/entities/weapons/gmod_tool/stools/medics.lua:45] bad argument #1 to 'SetAngles' (Angle expected, got Vector)
    [@gamemodes/WarMelonsRTS/entities/weapons/gmod_tool/stools/lap_superweapons.lua:56] bad argument #1 to 'SetAngles' (Angle expected, got Vector)

melon:SetAngles (trace.HitNormal); -> melon:SetAngles (trace.HitNormal:Angle());

This will make it have a better angle relative the surface you weld it to.

[@gamemodes/WarMelonsRTS/entities/entities/lap_mortar/init.lua:64] bad argument #1 to 'SetAngles' (Angle expected, got Vector)

expl:SetAngles(angle); -> expl:SetAngles(angle:Angle());

This error gets spammed clientside:
    [@weapons\gmod_tool\stools\nobuildareas.lua:88] bad argument #1 to 'SetAngles' (Angle expected, got Vector)
    ent:SetAngles( trace.HitNormal ) -> ent:SetAngles( trace.HitNormal:Angle() )
    This error spams clientside, probably because of a ghost. shouldnt matter what angle it has if its a ghost, so maybe just convert vector to angle?
    Remember the tool is admin only.

Hope this helped, and I am sorry for taking such long time before reading my bugreport.txt :S.
    can u plz type where to change it? I mean wich folder? and wich file?

EDIT:

Can you pack the lua files to a .rar file and send them to me somehow? that could help me alot. Please help me!?

17. Post #1057
    August 2010
    3 Posts
    I get the same errorīs as matias-dk and I would be happy to know where to put in the changes too :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #1058

September 2010
    61 Posts
    I get the same errorīs as matias-dk and I would be happy to know where to put in the changes too :)
    I am glad to see That I am not the only one :D

19. Post #1059
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,072 Posts
    Feha, if you've fixed it, just slap a fix on gmod.org or filesmelt. Not everybody has the programming knowledge to know how to properly edit a .lua file (as unbelievably easy as it is).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #1060

September 2010
    61 Posts
    Feha, if you've fixed it, just slap a fix on gmod.org or filesmelt. Not everybody has the programming knowledge to know how to properly edit a .lua file (as unbelievably easy as it is).
    That is a good idea :)

Edited:

Just one more question. Can someone please write a list of stuff needed other than Warmelons and maybe links and if possible svn links.?

21. Post #1061
    July 2008
    1,373 Posts
    Would be graterful if you posted the fix :D

Had to put my server on stop because of it :(

22. Post #1062

May 2008
    51 Posts
    I might post a .zip fix, but not yet, as I am quite sure I cant have found all the errors already. No need to post several .zip fixes :P.

Also, the information I posted should suffice. The errors point you to the file, and what line, and then I post the old line -> new line. Editing lua with this information is like editing a txt... But yeah, I guess I can post a fix soon...

23. Post #1063
    August 2010
    3 Posts
    That would be great :)

24. Post #1064

September 2010
    61 Posts
    I might post a .zip fix, but not yet, as I am quite sure I cant have found all the errors already. No need to post several .zip fixes :P.

Also, the information I posted should suffice. The errors point you to the file, and what line, and then I post the old line -> new line. Editing lua with this information is like editing a txt... But yeah, I guess I can post a fix soon...
    Thank you very much :D

And i dont understood where to edit vector( to angle( i found the files but it didnt work what i tried so i guess i did it wrong :p

25. Post #1065

May 2008
    51 Posts
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=678BX7GL

This isnt the full gamemode, just the files I found errors for so far (and fixed).
    Some files might contain additional fixes, not sure.

ps: while making this .zip I accidently did a shift+delete removal of several files in my "backup" wmrts folder. Lets hope I do not need anything from there :P. Doubt I will, its just slightly annoying that I deleted it. :P

26. Post #1066
    August 2010
    6,177 Posts

This isnt the full gamemode, just the files I found errors for so far (and fixed).

ps: while making this .zip I accidently did a shift+delete removal of several files in my "backup" wmrts folder. Lets hope I do not need anything from there :P. Doubt I will, its just slightly annoying that I deleted it. :P
    wow smooth moves

27. Post #1067

September 2010
    61 Posts

Thank you very very much omfg you just saved my day :D

EDIT:

I think I have spottet a error when i Right click whidth mouse width TRANSPORT tool it says:
    [gamemodes\warmelonsrts\entities\weapons\gmod_tool\ stools\lap_transport.lua:164] attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'cost' (a nil value)

Is it me or is it a error?

28. Post #1068
    July 2008
    1,373 Posts

I love you

29. Post #1069

September 2010
    61 Posts

I have spottet some more errors if you want them.

in the lasers:
    [@gamemodes\warmelonsrts\entities\entities\johnny_l aser_l\init.lua:25] bad argument #1 to 'SetAngles' (Angle expected, got Vector)

and launchers:
    [gamemodes\warmelonsrts\entities\weapons\gmod_tool\ stools\lap_launchers.lua:139] attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

And sometimes i get errors when rightclick? just if you want to know :D

EDIT:

Another error in the mortar evry time it shoots you get this error
    [@gamemodes\warmelonsrts\entities\entities\lap_mort ar\init.lua:71] bad argument #1 to 'SetAngle' (Angle expected, got Vector)

Just tell me if you dont care.
    But if you care i'm glad to help :D

30. Post #1070

September 2010
    61 Posts
    DELETED!

31. Post #1071
    August 2010
    3 Posts
    I have spottet some more errors if you want them.

in the lasers:
    and launchers:
    And sometimes i get errors when rightclick? just if you want to know :D
    I found the same error :S and sadly iīm not that good at LUA and scripting.

32. Post #1072
    We need a full working download of LAP's one. Where there is invasion and shit.

33. Post #1073

May 2008
    51 Posts
    Due to popular demand I decided to release what I got so far on my server.
    This is not a bug free version even at time of uploading, and it is even worse in singleplayer.
    I uploaded it mostly for people who want to use it in singleplayer (create a listen server) to build, or those who want to lan with friends, but if you decide to make a server, go ahead.

It is not just to drop it in gamemode folder, as I included 2 addons, laps modified adv dupe and the warmelons modelpack. Also included a data folder, altough I dont think all of it is required. Some might be though (havent tested).

http://rapidshare.com/files/42549537...2010-10-17.zip

Have fun ;)

34. Post #1074

September 2010
    61 Posts
    Due to popular demand I decided to release what I got so far on my server.
    This is not a bug free version even at time of uploading, and it is even worse in singleplayer.
    I uploaded it mostly for people who want to use it in singleplayer (create a listen server) to build, or those who want to lan with friends, but if you decide to make a server, go ahead.

It is not just to drop it in gamemode folder, as I included 2 addons, laps modified adv dupe and the warmelons modelpack. Also included a data folder, altough I dont think all of it is required. Some might be though (havent tested).

http://rapidshare.com/files/42549537...2010-10-17.zip

Have fun ;)

Thank you very much. :)

35. Post #1075
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,352 Posts
    Cool mod, but it sounds like their are no servers and that the mod is dead....

36. Post #1076

September 2010
    61 Posts
    Cool mod, but it sounds like their are no servers and that the mod is dead....
    I am starting a server soon :D
    So don't worry!.

37. Post #1077
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,791 Posts
    I am starting a server soon :D
    So don't worry!.
    :biggrin:

38. Post #1078
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,950 Posts
    Any possible way not to use binds?
    My keyboard is full
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #1079

September 2010
    61 Posts
    Any possible way not to use binds?
    My keyboard is full
    I dont think so buddy :I

40. Post #1080
    July 2010
    526 Posts
    Wow this is a great upload and I have nothing negative to say about it. It is much better then any of my work which I will not post a link to