1. Post #721

October 2007
    7 Posts
    the idee is greet i hav nothing aginst your sphere the only think waht i hace seen or notice if iwanted to select that the sphere is crated at you say but than the mide point is going to the poit at i look and than the sphere disapper beacuse the distance is going zero.
    i hope i explain it this time better.
    But i muss say i haven test your Radil select yet but i will in the next days

half hou later:
    I have test the radial select and i know now how tu use the selcttoll XD i was always to fast^^ for it so sorry to say it was bad or not well maked XD

2. Post #722
    April 2008
    175 Posts
    the idee is greet i hav nothing aginst your sphere the only think waht i hace seen or notice if iwanted to select that the sphere is crated at you say but than the mide point is going to the poit at i look and than the sphere disapper beacuse the distance is going zero.

half hou later:
    I have test the radial select and i know now how tu use the selcttoll XD i was always to fast^^ for it so sorry to say it was bad or not well maked XD
    wha.... wha... what?!?

3. Post #723
    February 2009
    935 Posts

half hou later:
    Um is this supposed to be comprehensible English?

4. Post #724
    Lap
    December 2006
    523 Posts
    Everyone make fun of the foreign guy!

New features might be delayed a day or two. Gmod was having extremely stupid issues with the new spawn points. I've been trying to help Terminator and Mp6 get their maps tested by players, but errors and lots of people being unwilling to DL the maps has made it difficult.

Be patient and let the maps DL or go to gmod.org. They're always there as well. An sv_download server is in the works.

5. Post #725
    October 2008
    123 Posts
    drop warmelons on him.

6. Post #726
    Lap
    December 2006
    523 Posts
    Looks like the latest update is causing havok for players. I think I'll just take the server down for the night.

7. Post #727
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,073 Posts

half hou later:
    You best be trollin'.

8. Post #728

October 2007
    7 Posts
    wth? is my english that bad? SORRY IF it is!
    (now i will nerver post somthing agin :,( in this forum)

Lap i have no problem more wit the select tool I was just to fast for it alle the time XD

So und für jeden der hier deutsch kann Ihr könnts ja lesen XD

9. Post #729
    October 2008
    123 Posts
    for thoughs that do not look at the forums hears a stratigy that does work

this is something me and colonel noticed not very many ppl will expect turrets dropped into there base or Near there res path
    uses this to your advantage or just be ready for it links to some pics of what i mean
    http://spowell.org/uploads/contraption/2064522591.jpg turrets being dropped in shows how to use sort-of
    http://spowell.org/uploads/contraption/940629663.jpg one of the uses of them
    http://spowell.org/uploads/contraption/1451375695.jpg colonels turrets also one of there uses
    http://spowell.org/uploads/contraption/720686890.jpg colonels turrets again this is after he destroyed a base with them

dropping in things has many more uses like dropping in mines pic to come later and blockading the enemy from an important area like a damaged ship of yours that they want to attack or a damaged ship of theirs so they can't get to it and repare it (this means a ship with a super weapon on it not just regular ships ppl don't care about there regular ships

p.s. sence you can't use wire grabbers these are drop in and leave no retrieving once the battle is won in fact the only way to get them back is to undo them also drop hints
    ---------------------
    deployable uses
    ---------------------
    MGs drop near areas where weak attacks are being sent or Near melon strike place for a cap

plasma drop Near bases or harvester points to do sever damage

snipers just for long range take outs

medic spammed drop near a damaged allied war mech aka you team members war maching or your own

cannon just for defense or to siege a well build wall

laser do not make its useless

torpedo (balist tank with 2 torpedo launchers) for res protection or blockading ships

flak cannons (if you can make a stable one) on small island on water maps to stop air for getting to your base place an MG or 2 to Gaurd it

mortar use as artillery (once again if you can make a stable one)

mines just take a small prop and place a mine on it use to blockade the enemy melons
    ----------------------
    using the props shown on the pics the base of the turret should just be 480 nrg.
    ---------------------

EDIT
    this is copyed and pasted form my post on the forums

10. Post #730
    January 2009
    18 Posts
    How do make dropable turrets, though? I can't say my tool-fu is good enough for me to come up with a obvious answer...

11. Post #731
    Lap
    December 2006
    523 Posts
    The only easy way I know is undoing your constraints. It's a poor method and I should probably put something on the server besides grabbers that make it easier.

I'm more interested in knowing how people make the strafable cars by using spherical wheels and a certain ball socket setting.

12. Post #732
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,073 Posts
    Grabbers aren't that bad, they just need to be heavier so that they work better or welded to the rest of your contraption or something.

13. Post #733
    October 2008
    123 Posts
    How do make dropable turrets, though? I can't say my tool-fu is good enough for me to come up with a obvious answer...
    look at the first linked pic that shows how

14. Post #734
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    750 Posts
    Where can I grab a download?

EDIT: I don't care if it is an oldish version I really want to DL D:

15. Post #735
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    467 Posts
    Grabbers aren't that bad, they just need to be heavier so that they work better or welded to the rest of your contraption or something.
    We were toying around in the bergenbuild and I managed to make a decent dropship for melonwars using grabbers, still got the dropship, but not the melonwars.

16. Post #736
    Is there a download to this?...

17. Post #737
    Mp6
    March 2007
    398 Posts
    The gamemode is still under construction, for now it is just a private gamemode but a release is planned.

18. Post #738
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    4,001 Posts
    How is it a private gamemode if anyone can just go play it?

19. Post #739
    Mp6
    March 2007
    398 Posts
    Private as in only one person can host it.

20. Post #740
    April 2008
    175 Posts
    Yeah guys!

21. Post #741
    Lap
    December 2006
    523 Posts
    Many new changes that should have some big effects on game play so listen up. Munitions factories and bomb dupes haven't been updated yet.

[release]New aerial commanding system!

This system lets you set up air, sea, and space waypoints anywhere you want. All the spacebuild maps just got a whole lot more playable

By holding down jump and ordering a white sphere will appear at the target, visible only to you. By holding jump and moving your mouse up or down you will make the sphere move up or down. By holding sprint and moving the mouse up or down you'll move the sphere along the x axis. Holding duck will allow you to do the same thing for the y axis.

If you hold jump while issuing an order while the sphere already exists, it will become a waypoint for any units selected.

Most propulsion and baseprops should not interfere with building or physgunning.
    No more being completely incapacitated by a large piece of wreckage that has fallen near your base.

Mind Control will no longer take over any propulsions, wheels, etc in addition to base props. They will also not take over capture point fortifications.

Molecular Disassembler has half the chance to remove props and the random length of time for a prop to fall is 2.5x longer.

Gave bombs a new material.
    It an evil looking strobe to part of it.

No more freezing melons
    I got real tired of seeing melons frozen in the air all over the place.

No more medic welding to anything but the world.
    This change is going to get a lot of mixed reactions. No longer will every single vehicle have multiple welded all over it. This should also give players who are just slightly outclassed more of a chance as any invading vehicles might have to actually leave to repair instead of sitting in their base fighting forever.

Bomb Tool Changed to Explosives Tool
    This is how a lot of the tools will look, with drop down menus instead of check boxes. This should stop retards from asking how to make flying melons and stuff all the time. You can now select the delivery method as well as the payload (bombs, mines, deployable mines, and missiles).

Added Missiles as an option for "bombs"
    Missiles are going to be the expensive, quick solution for those of you who don't want to use the launchers. Missiles will explode on contact with most anything and will also detonate in proximity to enemies. They carry any payload any other explosive can carry. If you want a slime missile go ahead and make it. They are commanded like any normal melon, but they less than fifteen seconds of flight time before they run out of fuel. They are fairly fast and maneuverable, but can be shot down.

Missiles can only be created near spawn points currently. This should change tomorrow when I update munitions factories. Each muntions factory will have the option of producing missiles as well as storing a certain amount of either missiles, mines, or bombs.

Another bonus to missiles is that they may be fired from under water. Submarine launched cruise missiles anyone?

Added deployable mines.
    Mines are already in the game, but they can currently only be made in your territory. Deployable mines look identical to normal bombs currently (likely to change), but on contact with any part of the world they will entrench themselves and become a mine.

**These mines will only deploy if they are on "Fire at Will". They start on "Hold Fire"**

Though it's pretty tricky to do without the munitions factories updated, you can now lay mines where the enemy least expects it or limit enemy movement. Start planning your mine laying vehicles! When launchers come out they will be able to fire deployable mines as well.

Mines given 2.5x more health
    This should make them not chain explode so often and also delay enemies from clearly minefields so fast. Deployable mines will gain health on deployment.

Added a flak payload option specifically for missiles
    This payload explodes in an area slightly larger than a normal flak explosion, and with twice the power. Use these to take out air formations before they even get close. Another use is for chasing down fleeing aerial vehicles and melons.

Limited props to 1.5k health
    There's still some ways around it that I'll address, but the main way no longer works.

Added wm_industrial_v2 to the rotation and fixed a variant issue with wm_industrial_flooded
    Looks like a great four player map from what everyone's been saying. If you have problems with harvesters on multi level maps just put them in a different stance and set up a patrol[/release]

22. Post #742
    October 2008
    123 Posts
    so medic will seld to only the worl grate 50% of my turrets have to be changed :(

23. Post #743
    Lap
    December 2006
    523 Posts
    so medic will seld to only the worl grate 50% of my turrets have to be changed :(
    Worst tragedy ever.

24. Post #744

August 2008
    6 Posts
    Note - I haven't installed it yet and haven't read all the replys - only the first page - so i don't know if this is in the addon or/and has been suggested before but i'll say it anyways:

Medium expensive melons which can go underwater and be attatched to a ship/submarine and while under water be able to fire torpedos and when above water only have a normal grunt weapon.

P.S I'm barely ever on facepunch so it might be a while till i reply - by the way i love the idea you're epic!

25. Post #745
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    4,001 Posts
    Worst tragedy ever.
    What, his spelling or that he'll have to change them? I find his spelling more tragic.

26. Post #746
    April 2008
    175 Posts
    I agree with this guy. ↑

27. Post #747
    October 2008
    123 Posts
    HEY so what i can't spell don't be grammer nazis

28. Post #748
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    4,001 Posts
    HEY so what i can't spell don't be grammer nazis
    It's not hard to use spellcheck is all we're saying...

29. Post #749
    October 2008
    123 Posts
    don't have a spell checker and my versoin of fire fox crashes this comp.

30. Post #750
    April 2008
    175 Posts
    :( whats wrong with likeing correct grammar?

31. Post #751
    One thing that pisses me off, is how I never have enough time to build, everyone in the server has the need to just make a dumpster, and spam laser turrets on it and call it good.

32. Post #752
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    4,001 Posts
    One thing that pisses me off, is how I never have enough time to build, everyone in the server has the need to just make a dumpster, and spam laser turrets on it and call it good.
    When this comes out, my server's going to have infinite time limit, I hate the time limit too...

33. Post #753
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    4,001 Posts
    don't have a spell checker and my versoin of fire fox crashes this comp.
    All internet browsers have a spell check.

34. Post #754
    October 2008
    123 Posts
    not all

35. Post #755
    Lap
    December 2006
    523 Posts
    When this comes out, my server's going to have infinite time limit, I hate the time limit too...
    Have fun with your five hour jerk fests. I already see so many matches where people wait until the last five minutes to do anything. They'll never do anything if the time limit is off. Later joiners are also 100% dependent on praying that people actually do something if there's no room left and there's no time limit.

One thing you'll see differently on release is that since people will have copies on their machine most of the building will happen there. Grand contraptions will be advanced duplicated instead of built from scratch during actual matches.

36. Post #756
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    4,001 Posts
    The matches where people sit and do nothing are almost always those matches on maps which people hate, or times when we're just chillin' the whole round.

37. Post #757
    Lap
    December 2006
    523 Posts
    Having watched hundreds of matches, I'd have to come to conclusion that most of you are smoking reefer all the time, or you hate almost every map.

Spending forever building one vehicle and then sending it at someone is pretty much the most I see the average player do.

38. Post #758
    October 2008
    123 Posts
    i just drop turrets on the bases or nere ground contraptions and have a good defence
    what i mean by turrets

39. Post #759
    April 2007
    25 Posts
    Is the current version availible, and is the SVN still in use?

It'd be nice to see it on garrysmod.org though, because i can't seem to get the SVN version to work properly, says something about the bindings.

Oh, well, seems to be quite an update though, good work! :D

40. Post #760
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    467 Posts
    I think you should add a bit to the script to make grabbers weigh more once spawned in the server.