1. Post #641
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    2,739 Posts
    i am having troubles using the 2 textures. they show up checkerboard even though there in the nature folder that i have for them.
    Do you have a env_cubemap near the windows? Did you build cubemaps?

If you don't have a computer capable of running hammer, why don't you just send the vmf to an internet friend or something and get the to only compile it?
    I can't really run Hammer at all. My system is alright (P4 @ 3.1ghz, 3GB RAM) it's just that my video card is really old (ati 7200).

2. Post #642
    November 2008
    474 Posts
    I ripped Bioshock's v_hands. Just saying in case you're still doing those sweps.

EDIT: I also have the HUD, if you're interested.

3. Post #643
    April 2009
    18 Posts
    try not to forget that Bioshock though ive never really played is still steampunk and try to make your things (bathybox sodamachine ect.) more so odviously you arent done and i havent read all the threads yet (because there's over 17 pages of them) but so far the map doesnt look horribly steampunk yet
    but what you have so far is probably the greatest rp map ever and i cant wait for it to be finished

4. Post #644
    March 2009
    728 Posts
    I can't really run Hammer at all. My system is alright (P4 @ 3.1ghz, 3GB RAM) it's just that my video card is really old (ati 7200).
    Oh man I know how that feels.

My laptop has 2GB of RAM and a 2.0GHz CPU. Alright system, but the video card is integrated intel shit. You gotta find a way to run hammer.

5. Post #645
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    1,861 Posts
    try not to forget that Bioshock though ive never really played is still steampunk and try to make your things (bathybox sodamachine ect.) more so odviously you arent done and i havent read all the threads yet (because there's over 17 pages of them) but so far the map doesnt look horribly steampunk yet
    but what you have so far is probably the greatest rp map ever and i cant wait for it to be finished
    Bioshock is not steampunk... It's an art style... I forget the name, but people often get them confused. Whatever the name is, it isn't steam powered steampunk gear.

6. Post #646
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,945 Posts
    Bioshock is not steampunk... It's an art style... I forget the name, but people often get them confused. Whatever the name is, it isn't steam powered steampunk gear.
    art deco?

7. Post #647
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    1,861 Posts
    Cookie for you. Yes, that would be the thing. My snide corrections would be so much more successful if I could remember words better...

8. Post #648
    December 2008
    794 Posts
    Haha no bioshock's Art Decor and more Ayn Ryndish than Steampunk

9. Post #649
    April 2009
    18 Posts
    dude Big Daddy runs on steam he has a boiler strapped to his back maybe the city isnt steampunk but the some of the machines are

10. Post #650
    March 2009
    728 Posts
    dude Big Daddy runs on steam he has a boiler strapped to his back maybe the city isnt steampunk but the some of the machines are
    That would be an air tank. Notice the HUGE SCUBA GEAR hes sporting?

But yeah it may be steam powered, remember when you went after Ryan the large tubes of lava?

11. Post #651
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,795 Posts
    Turrents are steam powered.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

12. Post #652
    May 2007
    17 Posts
    The turrets are office chairs with batteries and weaponary strapped to them in a crude fashion. The liquid shown in the hacking bits is usually why some people think the machines are steam powered... I think its sort of a referance to an engineers joke in that you can easily compare a flow of water to the flow of charge around an electric circuit. Shame about the PC foda but I love the work you've done on the map so far and you've done some really nice work on the art deco columns.

13. Post #653
    Modelrator
    February 2005
    4,157 Posts
    Steampunk /= steam powered. Just to let you know. Most of the steampunk things I know of don't work on steam, they just have the steampunk looks.

And it's a combination of Art Deco and steampunk elements in my opinion. The environment is very Art Deco but some of the machines and characters (Big Daddies for example) are very steampunkish in looks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #654

March 2009
    19 Posts
    I ripped Bioshock's v_hands. Just saying in case you're still doing those sweps.

EDIT: I also have the HUD, if you're interested.
    that sounds pretty cool, can ya hook me up with the hands?

15. Post #655
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    3,128 Posts
    I said I would help you guys with some playermodels or something, and I can now deliver. I just hope I wasn't too late...

^^-Click on the picture to go to the thread-^^

16. Post #656
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    2,739 Posts
    Woah. That's awesome.

17. Post #657
    March 2009
    728 Posts
    Now get your ass back to work Foda. >:D

18. Post #658
    July 2007
    147 Posts
    Is the map supposed to just end when you get out of the bathysphere? Or am i experiencing a problem?

19. Post #659
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    2,739 Posts
    Now get your ass back to work Foda. >:D
    Heh, actually I think i'm going to see if i can get a new video card next week.

Is the map supposed to just end when you get out of the bathysphere? Or am i experiencing a problem?
    Yes, it's just a tech demo.

20. Post #660
    April 2009
    161 Posts
    i suppose that with the fishes swiming around this will require CSS
    i saw those picture and i thought WOW IT LOOKS TOO MUCH LIKE THE GAME ITSELF
    maybe for the roleplay mod there will be animations given to the big daddy model by fluxmage
    so peaple can be big daddys :P

the map will be epic in so many ways, the diagram explained how the bathybox works,
    i have a few questions
    is the outside of the city axcessable to players axample build a submarine and see the outsides of the city
    is there a surface area where there could be a lighthouse containing the bathybox or did you already make that

21. Post #661
    September 2007
    75 Posts
    Just out of curiosity, what video card are you using now? what kind of video memory, I mean.

22. Post #662
    June 2008
    3,707 Posts
    What happened to your good rig, Foda?

23. Post #663
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,239 Posts
    Did the thread die? please don't tell me it has.

24. Post #664
    April 2009
    161 Posts
    Did the thread die? please don't tell me it has.

no its not dead, foda is looking for a new graphics card so he can continue

25. Post #665
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    2,739 Posts
    Just out of curiosity, what video card are you using now? what kind of video memory, I mean.
    It's a AGP Radeon 7500, with 64MB. It supports directx 7.0

26. Post #666
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,712 Posts
    It's a AGP Radeon 7500, with 64MB. It supports directx 7.0
    Lol I remember my olde pc with GeForce 440 MX 64 mb

27. Post #667
    March 2009
    728 Posts
    Your computer can't be dead all this time. It must be fixed by now.

28. Post #668
    April 2009
    161 Posts
    Ehhh, that won't be too possible :( BUT I do plan on having little sub-shuttles transporting players around.
    heh actually it IS possible, there is a map i know of called GM_fort (i think) and thee is one part with a river that has a airlock and it works

29. Post #669
    March 2009
    728 Posts
    Foda, don't tell me your computer is still dead.

30. Post #670
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    2,739 Posts
    Foda, don't tell me your computer is still dead.
    yea i got my laptop back

31. Post #671
    April 2009
    161 Posts
    yea i got my laptop back
    YES THANK YOU

also i tried out the demo of the bathybox on gmod:
    its very nice and the bathybox works good except the part when you reach site B the door opens up to early and one glitch is that the bathybox cannot be reused after it reaches site B press the lever and the door closes and doesn't move, i nticed some fish outside from nocliping around but they are in a place you cant see the at all, the vita chambers wonky you already know that, also the windows in the rapture metro, there is only a sheet of texture no glass at all so some player can go right through without noclip and also i really think there should be water outside instead of plain air

it works fine on gmod and is very awesome i cannot wait for the whole thiog to come out
    and im notifying you of the flaws but it still awesome

32. Post #672
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    1,861 Posts
    YES THANK YOU

also i tried out the demo of the bathybox on gmod:
    its very nice and the bathybox works good except the part when you reach site B the door opens up to early and one glitch is that the bathybox cannot be reused after it reaches site B press the lever and the door closes and doesn't move, i nticed some fish outside from nocliping around but they are in a place you cant see the at all, the vita chambers wonky you already know that, also the windows in the rapture metro, there is only a sheet of texture no glass at all so some player can go right through without noclip and also i really think there should be water outside instead of plain air

it works fine on gmod and is very awesome i cannot wait for the whole thiog to come out
    and im notifying you of the flaws but it still awesome

No, adding water ALL over outside would not only be a pain (to align it with the brushes), but would also be pointless, as the fish don't need to to look nice, and the windows make it look like water is there anyway, which is the only reason you'd need it since you shouldn't go outside anyway.

33. Post #673
    Mod
    July 2008
    196 Posts
    -snip-

34. Post #674
    May 2009
    457 Posts
    pretty cool

35. Post #675
    June 2009
    14 Posts
    I can't believe how far this modification has come through these 17 Pages. I only joinned today mainly because of this project. I'm a huge fan of Bioshock and having something like this on the engine is amazing. It seems like you've got everything under control and It's all coming along nicely. I really cant wait for the release.

I've always wanted to re-create Bioshock but I've seen how much work needs to be done and the amount of custom models, textures needed for a simple room. Anyhow, good luck I can't wait!

36. Post #676
    June 2009
    597 Posts
    Just if there was a word to discribe how awesome this map is going to be.
    Enrapturing?

This looks set to be Epic with a capital e, Foda. Keep up the good work, would love to see a beta demo of the map as it stands sometime =)

Also I only have mapping experience with UnrealEd and scapex (lol) but I have the game and soundtrack if I can be of any use ^^

Edit: Fort Frolic? =O

37. Post #677
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,239 Posts
    I can't belive it's been more then a month and my post is still on the latest page... Anyways, I hope this gets done right before, or atleast right when Bioshock 2 comes out. With that out more people will be trying to make Bioshock scripts, and maps.

38. Post #678
    June 2009
    14 Posts
    I just want some more screenshots of the map. It looks so damn awesome!

39. Post #679
    April 2009
    558 Posts
    epix!

40. Post #680
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    2,739 Posts
    updatee

did the tubes to get from area to area

water comes out of sinks if you press use on them

ripped the bathysphere from bioshock