1. Post #281
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    2,733 Posts
    Mister B posted:
    Yes, it was VERY good, but now...

GUN STORE DEMO PL0X!!!

Also, I have an idea for the pneumo system. Maybe there could be multiple "post offices" around Rapture where there are a number of different bins for different locations scattered around the city.
    I most likely will not release a gun-store demo, unless it has some-form of mechanic that I've never used before. The multiple post-office idea might come into play; it really depends how big the map is.

2. Post #282
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,292 Posts
    How much would you say have you accomplished? 10%? 50%? So on.

3. Post #283
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    2,733 Posts
    Mister B posted:
    How much would you say have you accomplished? 10%? 50%? So on.
    Eh, total actual % done is ~10%. On the other-hand, concepts are about 100% done (I've been doodling during classes ), so I know what I doing, I just need to find the time to do it (I can only work usually only MWF and sometimes Saturday). College is starting to be a pain in the ass, but I'm still getting things done. Textures as you can see however, are still in the dev stage (texturing is just about last on the dev process for me). Right now I'm looking at a early release date of before Halloween, and possibly Thanksgiving as the latest.

4. Post #284
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,292 Posts
    Foda posted:
    Eh, total actual % done is ~10%. On the other-hand, concepts are about 100% done (I've been doodling during classes ), so I know what I doing, I just need to find the time to do it (I can only work usually only MWF and sometimes Saturday). College is starting to be a pain in the ass, but I'm still getting things done. Textures as you can see however, are still in the dev stage (texturing is just about last on the dev process for me). Right now I'm looking at a early release date of before Halloween, and possibly Thanksgiving as the latest.
    Hmm...90% in less that a month? :excited:BUST OUT THE ROCKSTAR AND ROIDS!!!:excited:

5. Post #285
    August 2006
    211 Posts
    Wait, he is at college so he can get something with a bit more kick than mere energy drinks.

6. Post #286
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,292 Posts
    .miniman. posted:
    Wait, he is at college so he can get something with a bit more kick than mere energy drinks.
    Like?

7. Post #287
    November 2007
    101 Posts
    Mister B posted:
    Hmm...90% in less that a month? :excited:BUST OUT THE ROCKSTAR AND ROIDS!!!:excited:

Energy drinks make you tired. If they make you go hyper you have a problem with self-control and pressure.

8. Post #288
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,292 Posts
    SectioN-8 posted:
    Energy drinks make you tired. If they make you go hyper you have a problem with self-control and pressure.
    :excited:WHAT EVER THE HECK THAT IS, I MUST HAVE IT!!:excited:

9. Post #289
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    2,681 Posts
    Could you make a preview video? To show us how the map looks at the moment?

10. Post #290
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,148 Posts
    SectioN-8 posted:
    I can confirm this.

Oh wait, i punch people even when i'm not in battery-"drunk".

They need to bitch me first, though.

11. Post #291
    August 2008
    40 Posts
    JLea posted:
    What is the use of boats under the sea :raise:
    ontop of the sea at the begining of bio shock.

12. Post #292
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    2,733 Posts
    Sorry I have not replied or anything, I was at a campout this weekend. I can most likely post some pics tomorrow.

13. Post #293
    August 2006
    211 Posts
    Awesome. You get to texturing it?

14. Post #294
    June 2008
    3,707 Posts
    Mister B posted:
    :excited:WHAT EVER THE HECK THAT IS, I MUST HAVE IT!!:excited:
    You must have self control?
    Geeze. Didn't know you we're crazy about being clam.

Edit:

Anyyywayyy
    Great looking map, look forward to playing it!

15. Post #295
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    2,733 Posts
    I'm working on Fontane's house for the poor. Pictures will be up later today.

16. Post #296
    August 2006
    211 Posts
    Wait, wasn't Fontaine the gangster? Why would he give two shits about the poor?

17. Post #297
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    2,733 Posts
    .miniman. posted:
    Wait, wasn't Fontaine the gangster? Why would he give two shits about the poor?
    He did it to build up popularity with the people. He then used the people to attack Ryan.

18. Post #298
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    825 Posts
    *SPOILER*

Then he faked his own death and started a new life (and new identity) as 'Atlas.'   

19. Post #299
    August 2007
    188 Posts
    SenorJose posted:
    *SPOILER*

Then he faked his own death and started a new life (and new identity) as 'Atlas.'   
    spoilers

20. Post #300
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,292 Posts
    Foda posted:
    I'm working on Fontane's house for the poor. Pictures will be up later today.
    Hmm... 2 days later... where is it?

21. Post #301
    August 2006
    211 Posts
    Oh Foda, you card you.

22. Post #302
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    2,733 Posts
    .miniman. posted:
    Oh Foda, you card you.
    Reports are a bitch to write...

Yay custom ammo types!

Ammo Bar thing

Frozen NPC. You can freeze players and props too. It unfreezes after 5 seconds

23. Post #303
    August 2006
    211 Posts
    That is fucking AWESOME!

24. Post #304
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,766 Posts
    Holy shit, that is awesome.

You rock man :D

25. Post #305
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,292 Posts
    Foda posted:
    Reports are a bitch to write...

Yay custom ammo types!

Ammo Bar thing

Frozen NPC. You can freeze players and props too. It unfreezes after 5 seconds

A: THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! B: Why do you have so many cubemaps?

26. Post #306
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    2,733 Posts
    Mister B posted:
    A: THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! B: Why do you have so many cubemaps?
    Cubemaps are for the basic ray-tracing that VRAD has. A cubemap needs to be for reflecting surfaces to reflect properly.

27. Post #307
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,292 Posts
    Foda posted:
    Cubemaps are for the basic ray-tracing that VRAD has. A cubemap needs to be for reflecting surfaces to reflect properly.
    Uhh...do i need to get any of that? Because I'm a mapper and I would love to learn a new teqeniqe :D

28. Post #308
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,292 Posts

29. Post #309
    August 2006
    211 Posts
    God that'd be incredible, would be nice to import the textures!

Foda, get on it!

And fyi, I don't think you should be able to freeze props, that's what the physgun is for. However, if there was a server with prop protection it'd be nice to use the freeze thing to freeze a prop in midair and have it drop to the ground incase there is a prop dmer.

30. Post #310
    NATURALLY WIRED TO HAVE SEX WITH KIDS
    June 2007
    8,717 Posts
    Along with random pipes that do nothing and go nowhere, add random mail tubes with occasional objects shooting through them.

31. Post #311
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    2,733 Posts
    .miniman. posted:
    God that'd be incredible, would be nice to import the textures!

Foda, get on it!

And fyi, I don't think you should be able to freeze props, that's what the physgun is for. However, if there was a server with prop protection it'd be nice to use the freeze thing to freeze a prop in midair and have it drop to the ground incase there is a prop dmer.
    I would get the textures, but 3D Ripper DX does not work with Bioshock for me. I don't know why...

32. Post #312
    August 2006
    211 Posts
    Foda posted:
    I would get the textures, but 3D Ripper DX does not work with Bioshock for me. I don't know why...
    Get someone else to do it, or maybe tell me how to do it and I may reinstall Bioshock just to do it.

33. Post #313
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    2,733 Posts
    .miniman. posted:
    Get someone else to do it, or maybe tell me how to do it and I may reinstall Bioshock just to do it.
    All you need to do is install 3D Ripper DX and open it. From the program, select the Bioshock Exe, and launch the program. Then just press F12, and the program will rip all the textures and models in the current frame. The textures will be in .DDS format, but Paint.NET can convert them for me.

If anyone can help me with this, it would be very appreciated!

34. Post #314
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,148 Posts
    Do i smell Bioshock: Source? :q:

35. Post #315
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    2,733 Posts
    killer89 posted:
    Do i smell Bioshock: Source? :q:
    Erm...

On a side-note, is there anyone else who has Bioshock that can help me get some ripped textures?

36. Post #316
    August 2006
    211 Posts
    I may try it. I don't want to install any new games since I'm reinstalling my OS soon but I'll see what I can do.

37. Post #317
    weed 420 - hi mom - games r 4 nerds - i own - $WAG - *tips fedora* - do u lift?
    October 2007
    12,249 Posts
    Mister B posted:
    Uhh...do i need to get any of that? Because I'm a mapper and I would love to learn a new teqeniqe :D
    When you have problems with purple-black squares in your window and on shiny surfaces, place them near the shiny objects/faces but keep a gap of a minimum of 16 units between the env_cubemap and the brush/model.

Also, extremely nice work on this map!
    I map here and there but lose interest quite fast and get back to staring at my desktop.

38. Post #318
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,292 Posts
    Elexar posted:
    When you have problems with purple-black squares in your window and on shiny surfaces, place them near the shiny objects/faces but keep a gap of a minimum of 16 units between the env_cubemap and the brush/model.

Also, extremely nice work on this map!
    I map here and there but lose interest quite fast and get back to staring at my desktop.
    Ah, I get it...

39. Post #319
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,292 Posts
    Holy crap, guys! 2 days without a post! Foda, any updates?

40. Post #320
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    2,733 Posts
    Mister B posted:
    Holy crap, guys! 2 days without a post! Foda, any updates?
    Beep Boop

I think I'm going to make it a bit darker...

Edit: lol HDR Shot. Oh, and I forgot to make the waterfall a brush.