1. Post #1
    July 2006
    6 Posts
    I've had wire mod before, and I loved it. But I recently got a new computer and had to re-install everything. I want to find Wire mod again, but I can't find a reliable download.
    I searched Garrysmod.org and only found http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=50363. But the only thing this folder has is three maps, an image and a saved game file.
    There is also a site dedicated to Wire mod that says the easiest way to get said mod is through SVN. So I download it, the 32 bit version, that is. When I try to open and install the folder, it says another file is already installing when there is none.
    I really want my Wire Mod, but just can't find it. Does anyone know where to get a copy, or how to fix SVN?

And, because it probably matters, my new computer runs Vista. How much does that change the situation?

----EDIT----
    Never mind, got SVN to work. Wire is working now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2

August 2008
    1 Posts
    I got the same problem, I downloaded the SVN, but that's got no mod in it at all.

And I can't find the mod anywhere, not even on the wiremod website. Only thing I can find there is some SVN : /
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    August 2008
    931 Posts
    You are supposed to use the SVN. Any wiremods you find on gmod are not supposed to be there and were uploaded by... Well ill leave the name calling alone for now. There are very clear instructions on the wiremod website: http://www.wiremod.com/forum/wiremod...svn-guide.html
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    October 2008
    32 Posts
    I don't trust the SVN, It broke my gmod and causes a blue screen. Trust me, this is true, I looked into this a lot and found that something in the wire folder in my addons was doing this. I ended up reinstalling gmod twice and when it didn't work I deleted wire to see if that was the problem. It was. That's the svn, so I'm looking for a non svn version which is up to date.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    15,659 Posts
    Megamaff posted:
    I don't trust the SVN, It broke my gmod and causes a blue screen. Trust me, this is true, I looked into this a lot and found that something in the wire folder in my addons was doing this. I ended up reinstalling gmod twice and when it didn't work I deleted wire to see if that was the problem. It was. That's the svn, so I'm looking for a non svn version which is up to date.
    You must be alone on that problem, SVn has never bluescreened me or my friends, nothing in gmod has ever caused it. Just get the god dammed SVN and live with it, if you don't want tortoise then go here, it runs a safe batch file that downloads wire for you without installing any programs, I have checked the file, I check it every so often to make sure too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    August 2009
    7 Posts
    I WANT IT NOW!!! But ur link it sayz "FILE NOT FOUND" so it's worthless. And find me one that's less than a MB.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,017 Posts
    I checked the link, and it worked. Also, its plain text really, so it would be less than a MB.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    August 2009
    7 Posts
    I all ready have it. I mean, I downloaded it on a different link (I searched it). and it works just fine. But only one problem: I don't really know how to use it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    September 2009
    64 Posts
    ok i downloaded the e-z version of wiremod but it says there is suppose to be a advdup, wiremodels and wire folders but all I had was an svn folder a read me and a download and an update thing?

10. Post #10

November 2009
    7 Posts
    i agree

11. Post #11
    August 2008
    499 Posts
    If you don't want to use an SVN client, use the direct download on Glua which updates from the SVN every day or so. http://www.glua.net/dl.php?file=wire.zip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #12

November 2009
    7 Posts
    Problem solved. Thanks for replies though.

Installed it the complicated way from the wiremod site.

13. Post #13

December 2009
    1 Posts
    kewlbeans
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    October 2009
    3 Posts
    I reinstalled Gmod at least 30 times because of Wiremod, when I found out it was Wiremod causing the problem, I deleted it. I downloaded it from wiremod.com. The SVN isn't very reliable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,629 Posts
    I reinstalled Gmod at least 30 times because of Wiremod, when I found out it was Wiremod causing the problem, I deleted it. I downloaded it from wiremod.com. The SVN isn't very reliable.
    The SVN is the same as the one on Wiremod.com. Exactly the same.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    594 Posts
    None of them WORK. I've tried several times. When I get a succesful download I put it where it needs to go, and i get console spammed with errors. Please help me Divran.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,629 Posts
    None of them WORK. I've tried several times. When I get a succesful download I put it where it needs to go, and i get console spammed with errors. Please help me Divran.
    Do it like this http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=688324 (and be sure to follow the link that says "if you are downloading stargate or wiremod click here")
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    January 2009
    342 Posts
    Actually.. SVN files are much better then downloading them the traditional way. You get the most up-to-date version.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19

November 2009
    7 Posts
    It works your computer must be crap :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

20. Post #20
    August 2010
    89 Posts
    This thread saved me a trillion hours.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Late Late x 5 (list)

21. Post #21
    June 2010
    35 Posts
    Dosent work
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)