1. Post #1
    December 2007
    352 Posts
    [release]GMStranded Version: 2.2.1

Official Forum:
    http://gmstranded.phphope.com/index.php

Join here and suggest stuff/talk and have fun[/release][release]New Features in V2.2.1:

Improved Toolmenu:

Prop tags displaying resources:

Players can now add resources by touching resourceboxes against buildsites.
    Players can salvage their spawned props.
    Further implemented and modified prop protection. Players can only use eachother resources, plants and structures if they are buddies (propprotection tab)
    Fixed planting, campfire, drinking, afk command and lots more.
    Numerous improvements to the gamemode.[/release][release]What is GMStranded?

This gamemode is about surviving with your fellow Stranded. Work alone or from tribes to survive, hunt and share resources to live another day in the wilderness. As your survival skills increase you will get more tools and ways to survive. Have you got what it takes?[/release][release]Requirements:

CS:S for models
    Simple Prop Protection 1.5 (which is included in the download with a modification) Read the install notes!

[/release][release]For Mappers:

by prop_dynamic:

1. You will need to use textures which are plantable and forageable:
    Code:
    MAT_DIRT
    MAT_GRASS
    MAT_SAND
    MAT_SNOW
    This information is stored in the .vmt of the textures. This will not work underwater though.

2. Use a prop_physics_override: http://developer.valvesoftware.com/w...ysics_override

Here are the current tree models and rock models that work:

Trees:

Code:
    models/props/de_inferno/tree_large.mdl
    models/props/de_inferno/tree_small.mdl
    models/props_foliage/tree_deciduous_03a.mdl
    models/props_foliage/tree_deciduous_01a.mdl
    models/props_foliage/oak_tree01.mdl
    models/props_foliage/tree_cliff_01a.mdl
    models/props_foliage/tree_deciduous_01a-lod.mdl
    models/props_foliage/tree_deciduous_02a.mdl
    Rocks:

Code:
    models/props_wasteland/rockgranite02a.mdl
    models/props_wasteland/rockgranite02b.mdl
    models/props_wasteland/rockgranite02c.mdl
    models/props_wasteland/rockgranite03a.mdl
    models/props_wasteland/rockgranite03b.mdl
    models/props_wasteland/rockgranite03c.mdl
    models/props_wasteland/rockcliff01b.mdl
    models/props_wasteland/rockcliff01c.mdl
    models/props_wasteland/rockcliff01e.mdl
    models/props_wasteland/rockcliff01f.mdl
    models/props_wasteland/rockcliff01g.mdl
    models/props_wasteland/rockcliff01J.mdl
    models/props_wasteland/rockcliff01k.mdl
    models/props_wasteland/rockcliff05a.mdl
    models/props_wasteland/rockcliff05b.mdl
    models/props_wasteland/rockcliff05e.mdl
    models/props_wasteland/rockcliff05f.mdl
    models/props_wasteland/rockcliff06d.mdl
    models/props_wasteland/rockcliff06i.mdl
    models/props_canal/rock_riverbed01a.mdl
    models/props_canal/rock_riverbed01b.mdl
    models/props_canal/rock_riverbed01c.mdl
    models/props_canal/rock_riverbed01d.mdl
    models/props_canal/rock_riverbed02a.mdl
    models/props_canal/rock_riverbed02b.mdl
    models/props_canal/rock_riverbed02c.mdl
    models/props_wasteland/rockcliff_cluster01b.mdl
    models/props_wasteland/rockcliff_cluster02a.mdl
    models/props_wasteland/rockcliff_cluster02b.mdl
    models/props_wasteland/rockcliff_cluster02c.mdl
    models/props_wasteland/rockcliff_cluster03a.mdl
    models/props_wasteland/rockcliff_cluster03b.mdl
    models/props_wasteland/rockcliff_cluster03c.mdl
    models/props_wasteland/rockcliff05a.mdl
    [/release][release]CREDITS:

jA_c0p for original gamemode!
    MrPresident for fixing up/adding lots of stuff in the initial Stranded Release.
    Muobman for some combinations and structures.
    DarkSpider for help.
    Wokkel for coding some things to 2.1
    Chewgum for coding the 2.0 gamemode and helping with the 2.2.1.
    RaBBish for sharing his script.
    Everyone supporting us in the stranded 2.1/2.2 thread and offering us ideas and solutions.
    All the bug reports coming in.[/release][release]DOWNLOAD:
    FIX3:

Code:
    Changelog:
    - Enables people to disable the use protection on structures, plants, resourcedrops etc. through prop protection.
    - fixed a minor bug that would allow people to create multiple buildsites on reconnect.
    - fixed commands in the Admin Panel being useable in multiplayer.
    - fixed plantlimit (hopefully for good now).
    - fixed Drinking (finally :D).
    - (Drinking bug came back to haunt me >:D) This will fix you bottling water through the floor when an entity is in between. Thanks to Mikrowelle Bannana Deluxe for showing how to create the bug.
    - fixed players being able to salvage props they do not own or are not owned by their buddies.
    - fixed prohibiting stools.
    Newest Version

http://bladey.info/gmstranded/gmstranded2.2.1.zip
    Old Version

http://www.bladey.info/gmstranded/GMStrandedv2.2.rar[/release][release]How can YOU contribute?

We need models. The requests are in this thread:
    http://forums.facepunchstudios.com/s...d.php?t=567943
    Please report any bugs/exploits you can find in this thread or mail to http://gmsbugs.tk/[/release]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree x 6Dumb x 4Friendly x 4Useful x 2Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    July 2006
    35 Posts
    Congrats on getting this released.
    Might be a bit early to ask yet but do you have any ideas of whats going into 2.3?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    December 2007
    352 Posts
    If everything will work as it should I hope on adding more content to the gamemode. Furthermore the tribal system will be expanded and prop protection leaves much room for improvement. As I will undergo surgery tomorrow (nothing lifethreatening) I felt I should release it right now as it is so people don't have to wait another week or so. That said I hope you enjoy the current release.

4. Post #4
    ~melon~
    May 2008
    2,925 Posts
    Nice one. We need to really nail down on ideas for the next version to beat this!

I'm going to ATTEMPT getting models working but I highly doubt I will.

5. Post #5
    October 2007
    58 Posts
    Sweet! My new plant models got used! Also there are now copper fences to make use of all that extra copper.

Bug: Drinking water is now very difficult. You must now be standing in the water up above the water level and facing completely down to get a drink. Hitting E underwater no longer lets you drink. In maps like gms_desperation that contain steep shorelines, this bug makes drinking nearly impossible.

6. Post #6
    FLUTTERSHY <3 (also hats suck)
    May 2008
    1,706 Posts
    Very, very nice!

Can't wait to try this out on a server, I'm looking for one now.

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,122 Posts
    Thanks for releasing, I'll have to give it a try soon. :-)

EDIT: Do I have to install the content pack and the bow fix or are their included this time?

Thanks.

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    2,283 Posts
    It's out, yay! Thanks for all your hard work guys!

9. Post #9
    May 2008
    106 Posts
    Awesome job though I have one question how do you drink water? The pressing use thing while in the water doesn't work anymore also is there going to be an svn?

10. Post #10
    ~melon~
    May 2008
    2,925 Posts
    You have to stand with your "feet" in the water look directly down and press use.

Also John Clark, SVN would be a very good idea. Because if this has plenty of bugs then they can be easily attainable by updating the SVN.

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    2,667 Posts
    You had a small mess-up there, at lines 223 and 236 in gms_seed/init.lua

Replace
    plant:SetNWEntity("plantowner", owner)	

with
    ent:SetNWEntity("plantowner", owner)

in those lines

Also, banana trees are messed up, banana spawns in the middle of the tree

12. Post #12
    December 2007
    352 Posts
    raBBish posted:
    You had a small mess-up there, at lines 223 and 236 in gms_seed/init.lua

Replace
    plant:SetNWEntity("plantowner", owner)	

with
    ent:SetNWEntity("plantowner", owner)

in those lines

Also, banana trees are messed up, banana spawns in the middle of the tree
    Ok, thanks. And the bananas spawn so low because the model blocks the trace to eat em when you place them higher.

13. Post #13

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,122 Posts
    Hi,

I'd quite like to see an SVN repo as well. :-) Also, could you make it so we can move our construction sites with the physgun; currently only admins can do it.

Thanks.

15. Post #15

September 2008
    1 Posts
    prop_dynamic posted:
    Ok, thanks. And the bananas spawn so low because the model blocks the trace to eat em when you place them higher.
    but can't the player just pick it off the tree with they're physics gun ?

only a thought because it just doesn't look right

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    2,283 Posts
    I'd like to mention that you can still destroy or use the remover on fruit and the plant stays. In the future, can you fix this so the plant disappears? Although more rare now, there will still be bugged permanent plants on the map.

Also, when cleaning up someone's props, it also cleans up a seemingly random second person's props. I went to clean up my own fruit bush to test something, and this client's huge fort was deleted from it.

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    2,667 Posts
    Maybe ent.OnRemove()?

function ENT:OnRemove( ) 
     	//Plant removal code here
    end  

18. Post #18
    metromod.net
    October 2007
    1,138 Posts
    Nice one! Good job on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    534 Posts
    I'd setup an SVN repo for you on bladey.info, if i knew how.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

20. Post #20
    May 2008
    1,706 Posts
    Please put the old drinking system back, lots of people are dying through unable to drink.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,122 Posts
    Unib5 posted:
    Please put the old drinking system back, lots of people are dying through unable to drink.
    Yes, I'm finding it quite annoying to drink.

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    2,667 Posts
    You should always check what you're replacing in lua files before pressing the Replace All-button

At lines 68 and 77 in pigeon_pill/pigeon.lua, replace pill_CROW with pill_pigeon

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    2,283 Posts
    Alright, a couple things:

As I'm sure you're already looking into, the water is painfully hard to drink from on many maps, and smelting should probably be made faster, because smelting 50 iron seems to take twice as long as building a factory, and that doesn't make much sense to me.

Also, I can't confirm that this was gamemode related at all, but my console stopped being open-able no matter if I checked the enable developer console button or not while playing. I just thought I'd mention this now in case others have experienced it and it might be gamemode related.

So after you fix the water drinking (I would just revert to the old system except allow us to hold down E and keep the new sound), you can start working on new content (if you want to).

24. Post #24
    May 2008
    1,706 Posts
    A good idea, would be to add making body armour, made out of copper, or iron. Or maybe both - Copper gives 50 max armour, and Iron gives 100 max armour.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25

July 2007
    1 Posts
    is there a code to edit your survival level?

Edit:

from reading these posts on how 2.2 seems it seems pretty bad.
    I have my own Garrysmod Stranded Server if you would like to join IP is 75.127.67.2:27015
    I have custom tools added on, few weapons, few bugs some tools are: lights, Wheel tool, ballsocket. If you guys can help me out I found addons that have building called espreso and food storage when I make them they are still the wire frame material and aren't made.

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    2,283 Posts
    The only thing you could say is bad is that drinking water is no longer just jumping in the pool and mashing E, kinda gotta walk into the shallows and point down to drink.

27. Post #27
    metromod.net
    October 2007
    1,138 Posts
    X510 posted:
    is there a code to edit your survival level?

Edit:

from reading these posts on how 2.2 seems it seems pretty bad.
    I have my own Garrysmod Stranded Server if you would like to join IP is 75.127.67.2:27015
    I have custom tools added on, few weapons, few bugs some tools are: lights, Wheel tool, ballsocket. If you guys can help me out I found addons that have building called espreso and food storage when I make them they are still the wire frame material and aren't made.
    For your first question, just goto your data/GMStranded/Saves folder then edit it in there, and for your second all buildings are made in wire frame so you have to gather resources even if they're a dup.

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    3,109 Posts
    I love this gamemode! It's by far the most clever and engaging one that I've tried. Despite having all my stuff stolen in my first game :P

Here's some bugs I found:

- Dropping a crowbar makes it disappear rather than land on the ground

- The "All Flour" button in the Stone Grinder menu doesn't change all grain seeds into flour, instead it changes one grain seed into one flour

- After saving/loading, some of the loaded plants don't work right: oranges can't be eaten until the orange plant is moved with the phyx gun, and both melon and orange plants stick around after the fruit has been eaten

- The water fountain doesn't get saved/loaded with the rest of the props

And, if you're accepting suggestions:

- The stone grinder could use a "All Sand" button

- It would be really nice to be able to save/load tools and weapons (they aren't saved even if you drop them on the ground)

- The grain could be improved to make it easier to harvest (most of the time I have to run around the grain randomly while mashing use)

29. Post #29

February 2008
    4 Posts
    For some reason my GMS install on my server will not use the models from CS:S. Ya I do have it downloaded. any idea what is wrong?

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    534 Posts
    Some servers have problems mounting games in gmod.
    The best fix for this is using a gameinfo.txt edit.

If you can't find it somewhere on the forum or elsewhere, give me a PM and i'll lend a hand.

Edit:

Here's a link for my gameinfo.txt:
    http://bladey.info/other/gmod/gameinfo.txt
    Put it in your srcds/orangebox/garrysmod/ directory.
    You'll need to put it back there every time you update.
    It should mount all games that it can.

If this is not your problem, oh well.

31. Post #31

February 2008
    4 Posts
    stewsta posted:
    (above current post)
    Thank you. Added cstrike to the list in that file and BOOM, it works!

So thank you very much I would never have figured that out on my own.

32. Post #32
    ~melon~
    May 2008
    2,925 Posts
    Roast Beast posted:
    - The grain could be improved to make it easier to harvest (most of the time I have to run around the grain randomly while mashing use)
    Just type +use in console and do something else.

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    2,283 Posts
    Well there are 2 exploits, one of them new to this update that you could work on.

*Afk mining/gathering, etc.
    *Glitching a blueprint to spawn unlimited copies of it

Tell me if you want me to pm you on how to do this.
    (talking to a coder for the gamemode, not people who want to exploit on servers)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    2,667 Posts
    johnlukeg posted:
    Well there are 2 exploits, one of them new to this update that you could work on.

*Afk mining/gathering, etc.
    *Glitching a blueprint to spawn unlimited copies of it

Tell me if you want me to pm you on how to do this.
    (talking to a coder for the gamemode, not people who want to exploit on servers)
    I've fixed those, if prop_dynamic is interested, I can share the code

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    2,668 Posts
    I found a bug, everytime I plant something, after the plant as planted, I can't move do anything, even after I kill myself.

36. Post #36
    September 2008
    8 Posts
    darkedone02 posted:
    I found a bug, everytime I plant something, after the plant as planted, I can't move do anything, even after I kill myself.
    me and my friends have the same problem no one off us can plant and still move around we need to reconnect before we can do it again??

can some one help us how we can get plants?

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    2,283 Posts
    I'd also like to report that the cancel action feature isn't working. Foraging and the like are unstoppable still.

38. Post #38
    September 2008
    8 Posts
    johnlukeg posted:
    I'd also like to report that the cancel action feature isn't working. Foraging and the like are unstoppable still.
    ya that's true I hate it cuz when you try hitting a box and just did push it you do hit the ground and begin to take some seeds you don't want and then you getting angry
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    534 Posts
    angelhh posted:
    ya thats true and its pritty hate fully cuz when you try hitting a box and just did push it you do hit the ground and begin to take some seeds you dont want and then you getting pritty angry
    What?
    I don't understand :S
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    2,283 Posts
    I think what he's trying to say... and bear with me here, is that when you try to pick up a box or something and accidentally start to forage, it is annoying.

I agree. Adding the cancel action feature should be a priority, especially for getting out of the bug where you cannot do anything if your target is deleted before you finish an action, like chopping wood, when the tree is deleted, or when you are killed while eating or doing an action.