1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    91 Posts
    I just fixed up Night-Eagle's Joystick Module. The only real issue it had was the buttons on the interface stopped working as derma messed them up. I have redone the buttons to use derma and all seems well. The files in the zip go into your garrysmod folder as they are not in addon format. To configure the joystick put joyconfig in your console or use the joystick button in utilities. This download also contains Lpine's Joystick wire output with a minor modification.

2. Post #2
    April 2007
    15 Posts
    Nice!

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    508 Posts
    You should fix it so it saves the setup in a config file or something. But good job.

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    91 Posts
    Hmm, I hadn't thought of that. I'll see what I can do.

5. Post #5
    March 2008
    22 Posts
    I don't know where to put it.

6. Post #6
    January 2008
    282 Posts
    I want that joystick. Anyone know where to find it?

7. Post #7

September 2008
    1 Posts
    Here is the joystick you are aksing for

http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/x52.htm

8. Post #8
    May 2008
    77 Posts
    There is already a joystick patch.
    Here is the link:
    http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=40777

With this patch you also has wire outputs.

PS: You have the same joystick lime me, it's very good.

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    91 Posts
    Nompl posted:
    There is already a joystick patch.
    Here is the link:
    http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=40777

With this patch you also has wire outputs.
    That is basically the same thing. This version has wire outputs as well. But he did not fix the buttons or add more axis to the wire output. So this version is newer and Fully Functional.

10. Post #10
    April 2008
    220 Posts
    LightDemon posted:
    That is basically the same thing. This version has wire outputs as well. But he did not fix the buttons or add more axis to the wire output. So this version is newer and Fully Functional.
    Thank you for releasing what was already working and putting your name on it. You wonder why people are so paranoid about having their stuff stolen? Here's why! It was working fine so basically what you did was copy and paste a few lines in the same file and called it a 'new and fully functional version'. I do not appreciate.

Edit:

And the Derma thing is pure bullshit, I've been using my module for months now and I've done no maintenance on it, stop trying to invent issues where they do not exist and then claim you magically fixed them.
    Again, I do not approve and I'm starting to really dislike you intensely now. There's a reason why this was reported so fast, I'm only sorry it wasn't me who did.

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    91 Posts
    Really then why whenever I have tried to use this the buttons would not function. Also I talked to Night-Eagle about it and he told me what the issue was so I fixed it. And if you didn't notice I gave you credit for the bit you did. That is more then I can say about some of the stuff you have done. Also no where did I claim any of this as mine. And since there is no other place on www.garrysmod.org to get this it seems you have not been doing much work on it so bugger off. Also it was Night-Eagle that coded the bit I fixed so I don't see how you have any right to call my fix bullshit.

12. Post #12

October 2007
    169 Posts
    LightDemon posted:
    it seems you have not been doing much work on it so bugger off.
    I don't think that point he was trying to make, LightDemon...

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    91 Posts
    Well if you make something then just let it sit there as it breaks and never seem to touch it again. Dose it really surprise you someone would try to fix it for people who wanted a working one.

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    815 Posts
    I told him how to fix it and release it, damn.

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    1,017 Posts
    For some reason this is showing my joystick as centering at about 75% on each axis. It's really messing me up since it stops registering rolling right and pitching up about 1/3 of the way. How can I fix it?

16. Post #16
    March 2006
    609 Posts
    is this newer then the one I currently have that is 3 months old? If it is will it work with those old dup's and whats new?

17. Post #17
    April 2008
    220 Posts
    Nothing.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    91 Posts
    F12Bwth posted:
    is this newer then the one I currently have that is 3 months old? If it is will it work with those old dup's and whats new?
    This will work with old dupes. The only new thing is the calibration menu is now working.

_Twitch_ posted:
    For some reason this is showing my joystick as centering at about 75% on each axis. It's really messing me up since it stops registering rolling right and pitching up about 1/3 of the way. How can I fix it?
    Have you tried opening the calibration window and running an auto calibration. Once you hit the button move all the axis around and it will find the min, max, and center.

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    1,017 Posts
    Yeah I did the auto calibration. I also tried manually changing the maximum and center variables but it changed the other variables with it and screwed everything up. :(

20. Post #20
    August 2008
    2 Posts
    This is really nooby, but how do i install?

21. Post #21

February 2009
    1 Posts
    Here is the joystick you are aksing for

http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/x52.htm
    i have the saitek x52pro and it is way better

http://www.saitek.com/images/300dpi/...ro_Combo_1.jpg

(User was banned for this post ("Don't bump three-month-old thread with irrelevant crap" - mahalis))

22. Post #22
    June 2009
    226 Posts
    Ok this is kinda dumb, I've been on gmod.org trying to find your module and no luck, when I follow your links it turns up as file not found, i don't have a joystick because i don't play gmod that often, which will change in the coming months, however, do I really need your module to play or is it a vital part of space build?

23. Post #23

March 2005
    10 Posts
    I searched for "joystick" using the board's built in search and this is the first thread about it that came up. Last activity 2 days ago? The download link at the top is broken though. What's the currently accepted "industry standard" for using a joystick in gmod, and does anyone have a working link?

I'd also like to know if there's a way to link a joystick to a pod controller so that whoever sits in the chair of a joystick enabled vehicle you build will be the one to control it.

EDIT: Never mind, I should have checked the parent sub-forum first. Don't know why it didn't show up in the search, but to anyone else looking here, go here instead: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=403669