1. Post #1841
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    716 Posts
    I got a reply from Gabe Newell after sending a thank you letter :), he replied "Thanks, Gary, Gabe":P
    i wasnt looking for swag just stating my opinion, but was supprised he answered
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events

2. Post #1842
    Der Führer
    January 2011
    4,108 Posts
    I bet you'll get a saxton hale poster. If not then :smith:
    I hope it's a pony
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 4Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #1843
    November 2010
    569 Posts
    I got a reply from Gabe Newell after sending a thank you letter :), he replied "Thanks, Gary, Gabe":P
    i wasnt looking for swag just stating my opinion, but was supprised he answered
    I'm glad that you've got a reply from the man himself.

Last week I've submitted this model to the TF2 contribute site and mailed Gabe about it. Explaining the idea behind the model and how awesome he is etc.
    Never got a reply back. I must have touched a nerve...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 51Funny Funny x 9Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #1844
    May 2010
    900 Posts
    That needs to be the first weapon style. And you need a "Self Made" version. This needs to be implemented like right now.

Also post that everywhere (Steam forums, Reddit, etc.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #1845
    January 2008
    275 Posts
    I sent Gabe an email a few days ago to see if I could get an autograph from him and the Half-Life and Portal teams for my birthday but he hasn't responded :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

6. Post #1846
    I may have a BIG dick but that doesn't mean I deserve a BIG title
    December 2009
    5,477 Posts
    Hey guys, does anyone know if there's an "additional info" thing when you purchase something from the Valve store?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

7. Post #1847
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,379 Posts
    Hey guys, does anyone know if there's an "additional info" thing when you purchase something from the Valve store?
    There is and yes you can ask for you item to be signed in there
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #1848
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    7,896 Posts
    I emailed them about sending something in to be signed.

No response yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

9. Post #1849
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    7,896 Posts
    Ok, Just got a response. Not gonna post it because It's nothing special, just their P.O. Box.

10. Post #1850
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    942 Posts
    This thread is dying, and it should not die an "I got signed stuff from Valve" thread. Has anybody done something notable?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

11. Post #1851
    December 2009
    5,477 Posts
    This thread is dying, and it should not die an "I got signed stuff from Valve" thread. Has anybody done something notable?
    Well, my brother is now in the 'States for the time being, Honolulu to be exact and I sent him a fistfull of dosh so he could make an order on Valve's store but he keeps spending the goddamn money and the bank's chewing some of them too. This way, he spent half of my birthday money (with the other half being given to friends on Steam in gifts) but he says he's searching for a job. Yeah. But I plan on ordering the Sandvich T-Shirt, a BLU/RED Mug (or a Black Mesa one, don't know, what do you think?), a mousepad signed by Gabe and a collection of five posters for me and my friends signed by the whole company.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #1852
    July 2009
    848 Posts
    How long does it take Gabe Newell to respond to an email, because i sent him one saying how i love his games and thanking him for how even a computer as crap as mine can play them.

Dont worry, i didnt send it for free merchandise, i sent it just to tell him how i love what him and the team have done.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

13. Post #1853
    November 2010
    569 Posts
    That needs to be the first weapon style. And you need a "Self Made" version. This needs to be implemented like right now.

Also post that everywhere (Steam forums, Reddit, etc.)
    There's already a first weapons style, it's called a mod
    Or download it from the emporium:
    http://www.facepunch.com/threads/110...F2-Emporium-38
    There's also a spy head replacement for the solemn vow.

Anyway, I don't feel the need to spam it across the boards. But if anyone want to, be my guest.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

14. Post #1854
    December 2009
    5,477 Posts
    or ?

Rate funny for RED/BLU and informative for Black Mesa.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Informative x 56Funny x 15Artistic x 1Late x 1Useful x 1 (list)

15. Post #1855
    Der Führer
    January 2011
    4,108 Posts
    I would love a Black Mesa Research Facility coffee cup. It'd make my morning ritual much better.

16. Post #1856
    December 2009
    5,477 Posts
    Oh god I really don't know, the BMesa looks a bit bland, but it really makes me nostalgic.

Edited:

OH GOD IT'S A TIE 10 VS 10
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

17. Post #1857
    August 2009
    1,582 Posts
    I GOT AN EMAIL BACK!
    They gave me the okay to send in my games to get signed! I'm so happy!
    Oh God why is Valve the best company ever
    I'm gonna get Gabe and Robin and a bunch of cool guys autographs oh god
    Would it be lame of me to send a few drawings? I don't exactly know why, I kinda wanna see if they like them. I don't wanna be obnoxious though they're already doing me a huge favor and I'd hate to ask more. Agree/disagree if I should/shouldn't please you guys are smart
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #1858
    February 2010
    870 Posts
    Are you a professional illustrator or concept artist? Go for it, it could get you a job.

If you aren't, still go for it. I don't think they'd tear them up and throw them out the window.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #1859
    December 2009
    5,477 Posts
    I GOT AN EMAIL BACK!
    They gave me the okay to send in my games to get signed! I'm so happy!
    Oh God why is Valve the best company ever
    I'm gonna get Gabe and Robin and a bunch of cool guys autographs oh god
    Would it be lame of me to send a few drawings? I don't exactly know why, I kinda wanna see if they like them. I don't wanna be obnoxious though they're already doing me a huge favor and I'd hate to ask more. Agree/disagree if I should/shouldn't please you guys are smart
    Post them here. :q:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

20. Post #1860
    Der Führer
    January 2011
    4,108 Posts
    So I got a tube in the mail today from Valve -

Needless to say, I'm changing my underwear.

Edited:

Hahaha, this is what I get for never setting the date on my camera:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

21. Post #1861
    August 2009
    6,819 Posts
    I'm glad that you've got a reply from the man himself.

Last week I've submitted this model to the TF2 contribute site and mailed Gabe about it. Explaining the idea behind the model and how awesome he is etc.
    Never got a reply back. I must have touched a nerve...
    Can't see how you touched a nerve, you made a model of a bust of the CEO of a games company that makes violent games, and the bust is used for violence.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Egypt Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #1862
    December 2009
    5,477 Posts
    or ?

Rate funny for RED/BLU and informative for Black Mesa.
    Goddamit, even with all those informatives I still can't decide. Guess I'll go with the Black Mesa one because I'll order mostly TF2 things.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #1863
    Meow :3
    July 2005
    6,087 Posts
    Can't see how you touched a nerve, you made a model of a bust of the CEO of a games company that makes violent games, and the bust is used for violence.
    "Do Not Delay"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

24. Post #1864
    August 2009
    1,582 Posts
    bah
    I've been trying for 12 hours, but I just can't draw anything right. I think I'm nervous.
    I held off on sending the games because I wanted to get a few nice drawings and some neat weapon ideas together too, but I just can't make my hands work. I was messing up all day with other stuff too, wiki editing and a fight with my girlfriend, I'm just gonna send them.
    It feels like I'm wasting an opportunity but I can't do it.
    ah well.
    On the bright side, I should be able to borrow a cell phone camera from a friend. I'll have pictures of the autographs up in a couple weeks. I'm so excited for them.

25. Post #1865
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    7,896 Posts
    Mailed my page to Valve. Probably wont see it again until next year.

26. Post #1866
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    942 Posts
    Mailed my page to Valve. Probably wont see it again until next year.
    Valve time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #1867
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    7,896 Posts
    Exactly!

28. Post #1868
    November 2010
    569 Posts
    Some people do anything to get a response from Valve:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Late Late x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #1869
    April 2007
    5,114 Posts
    What the fuck is that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

30. Post #1870
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    7,896 Posts
    Here's the back of the envelope I sent off to Valve:

I wrote it like that because I had to color it in with a crayon. then I realized, and wrote along the side in my gorgeous handwriting: "Wait... There are no children in Half-Life 2"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Artistic Artistic x 2Winner Winner x 2 (list)

31. Post #1871
    "If something happens, be assured it was planned this way"
    April 2010
    1,971 Posts
    My heart dropped when I saw this in my mailbox.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Winner Winner x 17 (list)

32. Post #1872
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    7,896 Posts
    WHATS INSIDE?

33. Post #1873
    "If something happens, be assured it was planned this way"
    April 2010
    1,971 Posts
    WHATS INSIDE?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Winner Winner x 12 (list)

34. Post #1874
    August 2009
    6,819 Posts
    Oooh, was it an unusual?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Egypt Show Events Funny Funny x 17 (list)

35. Post #1875
    September 2010
    2,378 Posts
    It seems that the content in this thread is the main reason we never got HL2E3.

Valve is always busy signing things...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #1876
    January 2008
    275 Posts
    I sent Gabe an email a few days ago to see if I could get an autograph from him and the Half-Life and Portal teams for my birthday but he hasn't responded :(
    I got a response on friday from Alison Krey asking for my mailing address, wonder how long it'll take for whatever they are sending me arrives here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events

37. Post #1877
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    7,896 Posts
    I went to the post office today to get the mail.

To my surprise I saw a yellow card in the box. This means that there is something too large to fit in my mailbox, or there is more mail than can fit inside.

I thought maybe it was my sheet finally returned and signed, or maybe even a poster (OPTIMISM PRIME).

However, On closer inspection, it was not a the Yellow Card that signifies a package, but a reminder to vote for the local town board elections.

:saddowns:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 7Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #1878
    May 2008
    667 Posts
    I sent him a message a while back. He never responded, but I like to think he read it.
    email posted:
    What is your favorite Valve game?
    I know you're going to give me the standard PR answer "oh it's like choosing a best child", but I know you have a favorite child too (don't pretend you like Leopoldo Newell better than Gabe Jr.)

Can't wait to hear back from you (but I guess I'll have too)

P.S: how is episode 3 coming along?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

39. Post #1879
    1.21 GIGAWATTS!
    May 2010
    6,567 Posts
    Just got a package from Valve! It's Saxton Hale's Barbershop Action, signed by Gabe. Slightly crumpled in post, but still awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

40. Post #1880
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,370 Posts
    Asked Valve if they could make an exception and ship my order to Hungary (they normally don't ship here), they said they will.

If I pay the extra $35 shipping fee.

Edited:

Extra as in I have to pay for the International shipping ($35) AND $35.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Funny Funny x 8Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)