1. Post #1881
    February 2010
    6,173 Posts
    Sweet I got a Saxton Hale comic :D Thanks Valve!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #1882
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    7,811 Posts
    Still nothing. Then again, I sent it on Thursday, so I really don't think it will be here until at least next week.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

3. Post #1883
    April 2011
    100 Posts
    I got a Saxton Hale poster signed by Gabe Newell in the post today! Happy days!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...7619369&type=1
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

4. Post #1884
    like..dude..nevermind....fuck
    July 2011
    4,620 Posts
    Now i want to get my HL1 Platinum collection signed by VALVe. hnnnng
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #1885
    November 2009
    48 Posts

My high quality photography work. TF2 poster signed by TF2 team.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 6Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #1886
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,376 Posts

My high quality photography work. TF2 poster signed by TF2 team.
    How long did it take to ship? From when they told you they were shipping it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #1887
    November 2009
    48 Posts
    How long did it take to ship? From when they told you they were shipping it.
    I initially emailed them a few months back and gave them my mailing address then. I only got an email that it was sent on August 1st, and then it arrived yesterday.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #1888
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,376 Posts
    I initially emailed them a few months back and gave them my mailing address then. I only got an email that it was sent on August 1st, and then it arrived yesterday.
    :smith: Pretty much the same as me, except they emailed me on the 20th of July saying it has been shipped. I'll give it a month then give up waiting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events

9. Post #1889
    SteamDB
    November 2007
    10,924 Posts
    Just got two Saxton Hale covers signed by Gabe. Yay! Giving one of them to my friend!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #1890
    Naci's Sidekick
    July 2010
    7,560 Posts
    Those Gabe autographs? It says Hale. My friend just looked at mine and pointed that out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

11. Post #1891
    Der Führer
    January 2011
    4,082 Posts
    No, it's Gabe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

12. Post #1892
    Naci's Sidekick
    July 2010
    7,560 Posts
    The "b" doesn't have the little line at the top.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #1893
    I may have a BIG dick but that doesn't mean I deserve a BIG title
    December 2009
    5,467 Posts
    I asked for Gabe's autograph. I got a Gabe's autograph.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

14. Post #1894
    February 2010
    870 Posts
    It just looks that way on your comic:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #1895
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    12,038 Posts
    I want to ask the people at valve for some nice stuff for my birthday

Hope living in the Netherlands wont be a problem(WHo should I email?)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events

16. Post #1896
    SteamDB
    November 2007
    10,924 Posts
    I want to ask the people at valve for some nice stuff for my birthday

Hope living in the Netherlands wont be a problem(WHo should I email?)
    I live in the Netherlands and I received my signed hale (Gabe signature) after a week or so.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

17. Post #1897
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    12,038 Posts
    I live in the Netherlands and I received my signed hale (Gabe signature) after a week or so.
    Did you have to pay for it?

18. Post #1898
    SteamDB
    November 2007
    10,924 Posts
    Did you have to pay for it?
    Surprisingly, no. Only for the stuff I ordered from the store, the envelope that had the hale covers I did not have to pay for.

19. Post #1899
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    12,038 Posts
    Surprisingly, no. Only for the stuff I ordered from the store, the envelope that had the hale covers I did not have to pay for.
    And who did you email? Gabe himself?

20. Post #1900
    December 2009
    5,467 Posts
    Well, I mean why would someone write "Hale" if a lot of people ask the signature not because they play TF2 but because they respect Gabe, why sending them a fictional guy's signature? The reason people think it's "Hale" is because it's on a such print, which is probably not selling well and is pretty cheap, that's why he's writing an autograph on it imho.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

21. Post #1901
    SteamDB
    November 2007
    10,924 Posts
    And who did you email? Gabe himself?
    alisonk@<valve domain>

22. Post #1902
    Der Führer
    January 2011
    4,082 Posts
    The "b" doesn't have the little line at the top.
    A cursive b has a hook on the end

Surely people actually know cursive these days..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Useful Useful x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #1903
    Naci's Sidekick
    July 2010
    7,560 Posts
    A cursive b has a hook on the end

Surely people actually know cursive these days..
    I never learned it, and I only know my name. But there's no line connecting the E like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

24. Post #1904
    Der Führer
    January 2011
    4,082 Posts
    I never learned it, and I only know my name. But there's no line connecting the E like that.
    Whether or not you know cursive, which everyone learned in third grade, that poster is signed with Gabe's signature - it looks the same as everything else he has signed. Hale is a fictional character anyways, he doesn't have a signature. Don't be a silly second grader!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #1905
    October 2009
    891 Posts
    Whether or not you know cursive, which everyone learned in third grade, that poster is signed with Gabe's signature - it looks the same as everything else he has signed. Hale is a fictional character anyways, he doesn't have a signature. Don't be a silly second grader!
    You could say everyone learned that now, but not a decade later. There is still nothing funny with the fact that somehow a nation-wide standard was adapted to not "require" public schools educating the next generation on how to write signatures. I may be wrong, but I thought forgers have it easier, just copying typed stuff instead.

I just thought of something, is there a Gale Newell? B or not, that demonstration of it seems too much like an L to me. I thought I learned it with the hook going a little bit further to the left.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

26. Post #1906
    Der Führer
    January 2011
    4,082 Posts
    I was forced to learn cursive in third through fifth grade. I hated learning it. I never used it in middle school. I started to use it in high school. I now write everything in cursive. I love it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

27. Post #1907
    October 2009
    12,681 Posts
    I was forced to learn cursive in third through fifth grade. I hated learning it. I never used it in middle school. I started to use it in high school. I now write everything in cursive. I love it.
    I was forced into learning cursive in like 3rd grade. They told us we would use it for the rest of our lives. I still write in cursive and my hand writing is awful. I can barely write in non-cursive anymore now as well..

Fuck you 3rd grade teacher.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Funny Funny x 6 (list)

28. Post #1908
    Naci's Sidekick
    July 2010
    7,560 Posts
    I was forced into learning cursive in like 3rd grade. They told us we would use it for the rest of our lives. I still write in cursive and my hand writing is awful. I can barely write in non-cursive anymore now as well..

Fuck you 3rd grade teacher.
    I had to learn it in 3rd grade, then used it a year and no one could read it, stopped using it and forgot how. Use it the rest of our lives my ass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

29. Post #1909
    December 2009
    5,467 Posts
    Gabe answered to me!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 44 (list)

30. Post #1910
    August 2009
    6,762 Posts
    Crayon Hat for TF2 calling it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Egypt Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

31. Post #1911
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,681 Posts
    ^ Crayon Physics Deluxe promotional TF2 hats?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

32. Post #1912
    August 2009
    6,762 Posts
    ^ Crayon Physics Deluxe promotional TF2 hats?
    Crayon Knife.

for soldier
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Egypt Show Events Funny Funny x 22 (list)

33. Post #1913
    June 2011
    2,651 Posts
    Yay just got my first response form Gabe
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 45 (list)

34. Post #1914
    I regularly throw pity parties.
    August 2010
    12,365 Posts
    Who do I talk to about scheduling visits?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #1915
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    7,811 Posts
    I'd email either Gabe or Alison

AlisonK@Valvesoftware.com
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

36. Post #1916
    Dennab
    April 2010
    2,092 Posts
    I'd email either Gabe or Alison

AlisonK@Valvesoftware.com
    Alison
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovakia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #1917
    August 2009
    1,582 Posts
    Do I regret the crude drawing of Robin with a longer, feminine wig and huge tower of glowing hats I sent? No, I want him to sign it.

Do I regret not taking the DISCS out of their CASES before sending to them? More than anything.

I am SO dumb.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

38. Post #1918
    I regularly throw pity parties.
    August 2010
    12,365 Posts
    Do I regret the crude drawing of Robin with a longer, feminine wig and huge tower of glowing hats I sent? No, I want him to sign it.

Do I regret not taking the DISCS out of their CASES before sending to them? More than anything.

I am SO dumb.
    You should send him crayon drawings of hats.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #1919
    April 2011
    100 Posts
    I got the barbershop one :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #1920
    Dennab
    April 2010
    2,092 Posts
    I got the barbershop one :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovakia Show Events Funny Funny x 5Winner Winner x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)