1. Post #161
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    305 Posts
    UNIX_nikomo posted:
    I have come to the conclusion that the UI is a piece of shit.

I couldn't even figure out how to do the fucking upload cordinates thing even thought there were instructions but nothing happened when I followed the instructions.
    The mission marker is a orange square on your compass, and should be marked on your planet map aswell.

Also if anyone is on Atlantean; hit me up:

My username is "Ultrasteve" (long story)

2. Post #162
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,278 Posts
    UNIX_nikomo posted:

I couldn't even figure out how to do the fucking upload cordinates thing even thought there were instructions but nothing happened when I followed the instructions.
    UI is fine, you are doing it wrong. It always worked for me.

3. Post #163
    September 2005
    151 Posts
    UNIX_nikomo posted:

I didn't fully understand it at first, but following the instructions really does walk you through the process of uploading an seeing what happens.

4. Post #164
    Groovy Member
    January 2005
    2,884 Posts
    Bowser_nl posted:
    Hehe nice, what combined is it? I'm guessing scouts by the value.
    Yep, t'is scouts. :D
    It is a serious bitch to sell though, I've dropped the price to 150m to try and get a buyer. Anyone got any ideas of how I could get it sold?

5. Post #165
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    305 Posts
    Agent Cobra posted:
    It is a serious bitch to sell though, I've dropped the price to 150m to try and get a buyer. Anyone got any ideas of how I could get it sold?
    Yeah, scouts is hard to sell, and so is paramedic.

6. Post #166
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,278 Posts
    Agent Cobra posted:
    If you have the Expansions and if you are in a organisation you could always put it on GMS. I pretty sure it sells fast for 150m if you put it on there. You can also put it on the official forums in the buy/sell section, good place to find a buyer fast too.

7. Post #167
    Groovy Member
    January 2005
    2,884 Posts
    I'm not really in an org, and I only have Shadowlands. Gonna put it on the forums though. :) Thanks!

8. Post #168
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,472 Posts
    What, an Anarchy-Online thread, how unexpected! :) I've been playing AO since uh.. early 2007, on Rimor server.

9. Post #169
    September 2005
    151 Posts
    Thinking of giving up.
    I have not been able to play for a couple days now. It's freaking annoying to log in and find out there's noone around to play with.

10. Post #170
    December 2007
    65 Posts
    ShinyChrome posted:
    What, an Anarchy-Online thread, how unexpected! :) I've been playing AO since uh.. early 2007, on Rimor server.
    I made another thread bout a year ago I think.

11. Post #171
    August 2008
    190 Posts
    Hey Rosek, weren't you permabanned? Or was that another person?

12. Post #172
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,278 Posts
    sami1337 posted:
    Thinking of giving up.
    I have not been able to play for a couple days now. It's freaking annoying to log in and find out there's noone around to play with.
    Yeah that's the main problem of being Froob. All the action after ToTW (bosses, leveling, teaming, good gear) is in the Shadowlands. Back when i started as a froob they just made the vanilla game free 2 play. There where loads of froobs back then, probably more froobs than paying members. These days it's hard to find a froob above level 60.

Hopefully the new engine will attract some new froobs to the game, i hope they release that soon.

They are also working on a new expansion/patch. It adds new playfields, items etc.

13. Post #173
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,472 Posts
    Well if anyone wanna hook me up in Anarchy-Online, I'm on RK2 with my charaters: Macite or Macilicious. :)

14. Post #174
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,278 Posts
    Most of us play on RK1 i think. I do at least.

15. Post #175
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,472 Posts
    Oh, too bad. I mean, I've heard that RK1 is getting pretty empty these days.

16. Post #176
    September 2005
    151 Posts
    Bowser_nl posted:
    Yeah that's the main problem of being Froob. All the action after ToTW (bosses, leveling, teaming, good gear) is in the Shadowlands. Back when i started as a froob they just made the vanilla game free 2 play. There where loads of froobs back then, probably more froobs than paying members. These days it's hard to find a froob above level 60.

Hopefully the new engine will attract some new froobs to the game, i hope they release that soon.

They are also working on a new expansion/patch. It adds new playfields, items etc.
    Nah, i am still at totw. When i arrived there there were like 3 teams running around all the time. Now it's deserted.

17. Post #177
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,278 Posts
    ShinyChrome posted:
    Oh, too bad. I mean, I've heard that RK1 is getting pretty empty these days.
    I think the population on both servers pretty well balanced. RK1 probably has slightly more players judging by the official forums activity.

sami1337 posted:
    Nah, i am still at totw. When i arrived there there were like 3 teams running around all the time. Now it's deserted.
    Yeah some days are more active then others. I really hope they release the new engine or the 18.0 new content patch. The population could use a good boost.

If only Funcom figured out a way to merge the two servers. Don't think that's ever going to happen though due the playercities and duplicate names.

18. Post #178
    December 2007
    65 Posts
    ninjaguy4 posted:
    Hey Rosek, weren't you permabanned? Or was that another person?
    Nope was me, I had a alt.

19. Post #179
    June 2007
    9 Posts
    What's the best way for a lvl 58 froob advy to make 5m?

20. Post #180
    December 2007
    65 Posts
    jonny-jj99 posted:
    What's the best way for a lvl 58 froob advy to make 5m?
    Offer ToTw services maybe, what do you need it for?

21. Post #181
    June 2007
    9 Posts
    RosekV2 posted:
    Offer ToTw services maybe, what do you need it for?
    Yalm.

22. Post #182
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,472 Posts
    You could do missions and loot/save everything you find, and then sell.

23. Post #183
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,278 Posts
    ShinyChrome posted:
    You could do missions and loot/save everything you find, and then sell.
    This is probably the best idea. I suggest pulling teammissions (invite someone in your party, pull some missions, leave team) and solo those. Teammissions have a boss which drops better and more valuable stuff most of the time.

Also, spending all your credits on a yalm at your level is probably not the best thing to do. Yalms are overrated since you can travel nearly everywhere by grid or whompaa, better of spending it on good gear for your character.

24. Post #184
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    1,294 Posts
    So when do they release the new graphics?

25. Post #185
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    305 Posts
    tacoriffik posted:
    So when do they release the new graphics?
    This month I believe, but if Graphics are all you care about in an MMO, you got your head in the wrong place.

Go play an RPG like Guildwars for pretty trees.

26. Post #186
    August 2008
    190 Posts
    So, Atlantean right?
    Who's on right now because I can play in about an hour, but I'll have to make a new character.

27. Post #187
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    305 Posts
    ninjaguy4 posted:
    So, Atlantean right?
    Who's on right now because I can play in about an hour, but I'll have to make a new character.
    Well i'll be on in about an hour from this post, unless I decide to whoop some ass in Supreme commander ranked 1v1.

28. Post #188
    August 2008
    190 Posts
    Martial Artists are great for beginners. I just made an Atrox MA. He's really fast.

29. Post #189
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    305 Posts
    ninjaguy4 posted:
    Martial Artists are great for beginners. I just made an Atrox MA. He's really fast.
    My new toon is an Atrox Trader.

30. Post #190
    August 2008
    190 Posts
    I hit one of the newbie island bosses ten times between his attacks.

31. Post #191
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,278 Posts
    I've got a 178 atrox Martial Artist. It's not the best choice to pick trox but I like him cause he's different to all those opifex martial artists. Opifex is probably the best choice because they have shitloads more agility. Trox have darkblue agility and all evades are heavily based on agility. Evades are the key for surviving as a MA (Well except dodge explosions really, unless you are planning on pvping traders alot.)

Edit:

Who cares though, trox martial artists look badass

32. Post #192
    August 2008
    190 Posts
    Hey Bowser, wanna make a new character and hang out in newbie island?

33. Post #193
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    305 Posts
    Bowser_nl posted:
    I've got a 178 atrox Martial Artist. It's not the best choice to pick trox but I like him cause he's different to all those opifex martial artists. Opifex is probably the best choice because they have shitloads more agility. Trox have darkblue agility and all evades are heavily based on agility. Evades are the key for surviving as a MA (Well except dodge explosions really, unless you are planning on pvping traders alot.)

Edit:

Who cares though, trox martial artists look badass
    I have a 174 Opifex Martial Artist, and I can safely say that Atrox is a better choice

34. Post #194
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,278 Posts
    Blue_25 posted:
    I have a 174 Opifex Martial Artist, and I can safely say that Atrox is a better choice
    Based on what?

35. Post #195
    August 2008
    190 Posts
    Based on the fact that they fucking own.

36. Post #196
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    305 Posts
    Bowser_nl posted:
    Based on what?
    Opifex has the WORST Genome perk actions ever.

MR + More HP > Slightly more evades + Shitty perks

37. Post #197
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,278 Posts
    ninjaguy4 posted:
    Based on the fact that they fucking own.
    If you are talking about pvp: opifex MA vs. trox MA both with same gear = Opifex wins. This is a fact, ask anyone who knows how AO works.

Evades are the most important defensive skill if you pvp. Opifex get more evades because of the green agility. Trox get more hp, which is a bad thing in pvp. More HP means your shitty heals are less effective. In pvp there is a 40% dmg cap, people can never hit you for more than 40% of your max hp. With low hp you can heal those capped hits up, with high hp you can't.

In PVE trox and opifex are equal. One gets better evades, the other more hp.

Edit:

Mongo Rage is awesome in pvp though. Still i'd pick Opifex over Trox in pvp anyday.

38. Post #198
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    305 Posts
    Bowser_nl posted:
    If you are talking about pvp: opifex MA vs. trox MA both with same gear = Opifex wins. This is a fact, ask anyone who knows how AO works.

Evades are the most important defensive skill if you pvp. Opifex get more evades because of the green agility. Trox get more hp, which is a bad thing in pvp. More HP means your shitty heals are less effective. In pvp there is a 40% dmg cap, people can never hit you for more than 40% of your max hp. With low hp you can heal those capped hits up, with high hp you can't.

In PVE trox and opifex are equal. One gets better evades, the other more hp.

Edit:

Mongo Rage is awesome in pvp though. Still i'd pick Opifex over Trox in pvp anyday.
    The amount of evades Opifex has over Atrox isn't worth it. UNLESS you are a froob.

Atrox everything rules in pvp these days except for only a few professions

39. Post #199
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,278 Posts
    Blue_25 posted:
    The amount of evades Opifex has over Atrox isn't worth it. UNLESS you are a froob.

Atrox everything rules in pvp these days except for only a few professions
    Mongo Rage is about the only reason to pick Trox as MA. But since they don't have many damage perks it would not be of much use. Versus fixers or ranged advs where'd it'd be most useful you won't get within range anyhow. If you pick a breed for its genome you are better of with Solitus, the healperk beats mongo rage as MA.

40. Post #200
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    305 Posts
    Bowser_nl posted:
    Mongo Rage is about the only reason to pick Trox as MA. But since they don't have many damage perks it would not be of much use. Versus fixers or ranged advs where'd it'd be most useful you won't get within range anyhow. If you pick a breed for its genome you are better of with Solitus, the healperk beats mongo rage as MA.
    Yeah, solitus would be a good choice for MA, but as it stands you're still better off going solitus or atrox then opifex.