1. Post #481
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,289 Posts
    The graphical overhaul might bring some new players in, I'd play it, I just can't be bothered anymore though. :(

2. Post #482
    November 2007
    830 Posts
    The graphical overhaul might bring some new players in, I'd play it, I just can't be bothered anymore though. :(
    unfortunately, the graphic update has been "in the works" since before age of conan was released.
    I'm not expecting it anytime soon (do they have a concrete date now?). I can't imagine the game looking better would attract more people, as the main thing that drove people off before was the utter confusion and lack of direction upon leaving the island.

I loved AO for so many years, but god damn it's a pain in the ass to get going again.

3. Post #483
    November 2009
    1,616 Posts
    Does the game still have a monthly subscription?

4. Post #484
    I remember this game, got a lot of good memories from it.
    I wonder when they're coming out with that new engine, I don't really care though, I tried
    getting back into it, and the part I'm at (Temple of Lost Something), it's boring and just a repetitive grindfest.

5. Post #485
    January 2009
    349 Posts
    it's boring and just a repetitive grindfest.
    You say this...in the MMO section?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

6. Post #486
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,289 Posts
    Does the game still have a monthly subscription?
    Not for the basic game.

Edited:

I remember this game, got a lot of good memories from it.
    I wonder when they're coming out with that new engine, I don't really care though, I tried
    getting back into it, and the part I'm at (Temple of Lost Something), it's boring and just a repetitive grindfest.
    Temple of Three Winds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #487
    Puddin'
    November 2008
    10,369 Posts
    Thinking about trying this. Is it still fairly active?

8. Post #488
    Not for the basic game.

Edited:

Temple of Three Winds.
    Yeah, that one.

9. Post #489
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,227 Posts
    I'm still playing. Just got my 3rd toon (fixer) to 220. Gonna work on some twinks soon for towerpvp.

10. Post #490
    Groovy Member
    January 2005
    2,873 Posts
    KABUMP

Gonna try and get myself back into AO. Relogged my doctor, bought a few 150 implants and went to kill some stuff in foremans.

Also, a few lil' questions.

1) Anyone know at what level I should be using Lifegiving Elixir?
    2) As a SL owner, what kind of heals should be using at about 80?
    3) Is anyone else a Rimorian?

11. Post #491
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,227 Posts
    Not sure what heals you should be using at that level, but make sure you focus on raising your nanoskills. Get nelebs improved robe, de'valos sleeves, Champion of nano combat, decent implants, etc. Docs don't need huge defense, they just need a lot of hp and good heals.

You can probably selfcast Lifegiving Elixer at around 100-110ish. A friend of mine has a 76 doc twink that can cast it with MP buffs.

12. Post #492
    Groovy Member
    January 2005
    2,873 Posts
    Ookay, thanks. I've got the neleb's robe and a Battlerod, as each hit gives me 20 extra nano (Every little helps!)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #493
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    318 Posts
    Yo Bowsuh, is it worth playing a Shade? I'm mostly a PVE guy, so.

14. Post #494
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,471 Posts
    I have a 206 Atrox shade and if you plan for PVE @ 220, then yes it's a good choice. Why? Great defenses, they are pretty much speedcapped and do great damage. Atleast they did before I quit months ago.

15. Post #495
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,227 Posts
    Shades are great at soloing stuff, and they do massive dmg. So yeah, great for pve. If you only do Pve then i suggest you pick opifex so you can easily swap endgame spirits around depending on what you are fighting. Atrox only has advantages in pvp (mongo rage).

Personally i loved shade, i have one at 180 which i probably level someday, and i play a 220 shade from a friend of mine every now and then. Insane damage, but a very intensive playstyle. (lots of perkchains you have to maintain)

Right now ive given up on tl7. There's just too much work to be done to get all your endgame gear. I got one character completely endgame, and 2 others that need alot of work. I got a fair amount of credits so im gonna spend that on making some cool twinks for towerpvp.

16. Post #496
    Groovy Member
    January 2005
    2,873 Posts
    Not sure if you guys have seen it, but the latest graphics update video is pretty awesome.

17. Post #497
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,471 Posts
    Looks nice, but a change of the exterior doesn't change the interior (atleast what I assume). I'm probably never going back to AO. I guess that's a good thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

18. Post #498
    September 2007
    1,001 Posts
    Anyone else thinks AO is dying out a bit ? I used to play as a froob twinking or well they where twinking I was lazing around and they where always killing pvp noobs and spending weeks for calculations and farming stuff. Nowadays there are only mostly good players around everyone is getting twinked or at least tries to. I am getting the feeling that only the oldies remain.

19. Post #499
    Groovy Member
    January 2005
    2,873 Posts
    Anyone else thinks AO is dying out a bit ? I used to play as a froob twinking or well they where twinking I was lazing around and they where always killing pvp noobs and spending weeks for calculations and farming stuff. Nowadays there are only mostly good players around everyone is getting twinked or at least tries to. I am getting the feeling that only the oldies remain.
    Yeah. I think it is the mindset of most people nowerdays, people are getting lazier and graphics is almost more important than gameplay, with some people.

20. Post #500
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,410 Posts
    Just started. Seems fun but...
    I get a pretty bad FPS with this game. im honestly confused because the graphics are pretty low-end. I thought I'd be able to run this smoothly on my laptop.

Specs(pasta'd):
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6600 @ 2.20GHz
    3.9GB of RAM
    Mobile Intel Chipset (1.7 video RAM)

oh and Windows 7 64 bit

21. Post #501
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,227 Posts
    You should be able to run it on max settings with that. Surely it's not a hardware issue.

Pretty much true. Back in 2005 when they launched the froob campain the population grew skyhigh. Today it seems only the diehards remain. There is hope though, as server 3 is getting merged with server 1 (on which i play). With a bit of luck FC also finds a way to merge server 2 with server 1 so everything will be nicely populated again.
    There's also the new graphics engine which is going to draw alot of old and new players to the game. Sofar there hasn't been any release date for that though, so let's hope it will come in time cause theres more people quiting then joining atm.

22. Post #502
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,786 Posts
    I remember the froob campaign, I WAS ONE OF THEM.

23. Post #503
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,227 Posts
    I remember the froob campaign, I WAS ONE OF THEM.
    Yup me too, started in 2005, liked it and went paid. Still playing it these days, all be it not as often as i used to.

24. Post #504
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,786 Posts
    I stopped playing after the fact that certain high quality items were only for low levels.

25. Post #505

January 2010
    598 Posts
    I stopped playing after the fact that certain high quality items were only for low levels.
    That is interesting: said stopped playing after the fact that certain high quality items were only for low levels.

26. Post #506
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,227 Posts
    Explain that? I have no clue what you mean.

27. Post #507
    Groovy Member
    January 2005
    2,873 Posts
    Explain that? I have no clue what you mean.
    I think he means that since lower level players are using the highest quality things, you can't get any better when you get to a higher level.

Or I could be completely wrong.

28. Post #508
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,227 Posts
    I think he means that since lower level players are using the highest quality things, you can't get any better when you get to a higher level.

Or I could be completely wrong.
    Only when you're froob i guess. If you have the expansions there's plenty of weapons to choose from at every level.

29. Post #509
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    318 Posts
    Anyone looking to sell an account with a Meta-Physicist capable of casting Masteries or Mochams?

Send me a PM

30. Post #510

March 2008
    254 Posts
    The developers have been talking about the graphical overhaul for years now. It is never coming.

31. Post #511
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    318 Posts
    Cmon nobody wants to off-load a MP that can self-cast mochams or masteries, or sell a soldier that can do top Damage buffs?

32. Post #512
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,227 Posts
    The developers have been talking about the graphical overhaul for years now. It is never coming.
    It IS coming, and if you where involved in the game community you would have known that. The game director is releasing information, screenshots and movies every friday and the development is progressing nicely. It's just alot of work because they have to remodel and retexture a huge amount of things. They are also working on revamping the Rubi Ka areas with new content for free and paid players.

Cmon nobody wants to off-load a MP that can self-cast mochams or masteries, or sell a soldier that can do top Damage buffs?
    You could always roll a froob mp and level it, or pay for a leveling service. Takes some time and/or money, but it's well worth the investment. I'm lucky i've got 2 friends that shared their account with me, so i can log nearly every profession i want for buffs. :cool:

33. Post #513
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    318 Posts
    Got the MP I needed, and got it cheap as dirt. There's enough loot on there for at least a billion worth of credits, which is like 60 dollars alone. Got a 220 MP with all the badass pets, tons of Xan shit, typical Tigress bow, ect, still need to sell half the useless shit on there. Been a blast following my crat around though and afking hecklers and missions, hahaha.

34. Post #514
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,471 Posts
    I would sell my account if it was worth it. Don't think people even buy accounts for AO anymore. I'm sure as hell not coming back though. Last time I was online (a few weeks ago) I logged on for the first time in months, just to mention I play WoW. Was kinda fun, becuase it ended up in flamewars in Borealis. I do NOT miss that community.

35. Post #515
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,227 Posts
    The AO community is the most friendly and helpful community i've ever seen in a MMO, and I've played quite a few, incl. WoW.
    Selling accounts (although it's against the EULA) is probably still worth it if you have at least one endgame 220. Especially now with the RK1 + RK3 server merge and the high migration from RK2 to RK1.

Edited:

My main character is going to have an awesome face when the new engine goes live.

New and old Rome Red area.

36. Post #516

March 2008
    254 Posts
    looks like crap imo.

37. Post #517
    July 2009
    254 Posts
    Ok mister "Diablo 2 is a MMO"

38. Post #518
    Very Jelly Despicable Douchebag
    January 2007
    11,157 Posts
    Bowser is right. I've yet to see an MMO community beat Anarchy Onlines. Sure I don't play AO anymore (sometimes I download it and check it out) but hell, I can only think of good times in it except when I searched for the stairs of madness I believe and shitty TotW runs.

39. Post #519
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,227 Posts
    looks like crap imo.
    I think it looks great. Remember, it's only the rendering engine that's being displayed and the picture is 6 months old. The final release will have a lot of updated textures and skybox textures.

Bowser is right. I've yet to see an MMO community beat Anarchy Onlines. Sure I don't play AO anymore (sometimes I download it and check it out) but hell, I can only think of good times in it except when I searched for the stairs of madness I believe and shitty TotW runs.
    Haha steps of madness, that place used to be terrible to find. They added a NPC who teleports you there now though, in Newland City. They improved the loot in there too.

Also, within 2 weeks we will get a new content update, which will contain the new daily mission system and a new 220 instance. Release notes as posted by the Game Director:

New Content:

The Collector Instance:

A new, and very challenging, single-team instance has been added to the entrance of Pandemonium. Who will be first to tackle these three very difficult encounters? Who will be the first to steal from the ultimate collection of hidden treasures?

Bring your very best and try to survive the most difficult small-group experience we have ever released.

The Daily Mission System:

The new Daily Mission System is now available. The first Daily Missions in this first release are available for Rubi-Ka only and will offer players of all levels an alternative and effective way to progress with significant rewards including XP, Victory Points, and Tokens. Daily Missions are available from sided agencies in Old Athens, Rome Blue and daily PvP Mission in a hidden location in Borealis.

NPC Changes:

NPCs falling off the land in Shadowlands will now properly return to their spawn points.

Alien Pathing and landing sites for many, many cities have been modified and improved.

SAM Batteries are now subject to normal player damage and have reduced health values.

Unicorns near Borealis will no longer abandon their posts to harass low level players inside Borealis.

Euminedes has retreated deeper into the Abandoned Subway.

Subway bosses should now have faster respawn.

Item/Nano Changes:

Kyr'Ozch Bio-Material should no longer be NoDrop.

Stiletto Yalm orientation has been corrected for easier flying.

Grand Theft Humidity and Borrow Reflect have been significantly altered as a first step in the balancing process for the Trader Profession.

Clan players should now also receive two shoulderpads as a reward for start-up island quests.

The Rihwen MP pet no longer requires the Alien Invasion expansion to cast.

Durable Bandages LE Adventurer proc is now correctly instant.

Carlo Pinnetti's suit has been re-tailored.

Bring the Pain perk should no longer cause an extended death period if the user dies while this perk is in cooldown. (Also known as the "Forever death bug on the BS".)

NCU Hacker interface should now level to 220 (previously stopped at 200).

Other Changes:

All equipment tabs can be locked by selecting "Lock equipment tabs" in the GUI > Misc section of the F10 Menu.

Free players should now have access to all organization buildings to participate in organization activities. Items inside will remain usable by expansion players only (ie: orbital strike terminals).

Those summoned by a boss monster will be subjected to an associated 10 second root.

Coast of Peace and Coast of Tranquility playfields have now been hooked into the Grid.

Client to server sync has been tightened to more accurately display the correct location of player characters.

Hitting the "end" button in a blank chat window line should no longer "end" your client session.

Players should now correctly get the head they choose in character creation.

Concealment/Perception Mechanic changes:

- The shadow of concealed players should no longer display to others.

- All Concealment type messages (eg: "PlayerX tried to hide but failed") will no longer display in chat.

- Concealment/perception checks will now be properly checked on the server rather than client-side.

40. Post #520
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,471 Posts
    Oh god, are they finally altering GTH? I thought it would be the same forever..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)