[tab]Description:[/tab] A big open city building map
[tab]Download:[/tab] http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=58584 [/release]
Basically just a really big city that's good for building contraptions and getting lost in. So big in fact that it has hit pretty much every source limit possible at one point or another. A bit blocky but it's HUGE!
- It's pretty big
- Custom soundscapes
- Some of the doors work (teleport you to the roof)
- A couple of indoor areas
- AI nodes. NPCs will chase you through the streets!
- Lots of places to build
- Business, residential and warehouse themed districts
- Garbage dump
- A serial graffiti artist?
- Mysterious invisible trains and cars and dogs
- A weird open air sewage plant. Don't ask me.
- Plenty of dark alleys if you're into that sort of thing
- And much much more
This is actually sort of my first map, the one I learned Hammer on. It's just been getting bigger and bigger over time as I learned mapping techniques. I think a version of bigcity was leaked a while back but I never released it officially due to some pretty terrible crashing troubles. Yesterday I decided on a whim to recompile it with all the latest tools and it seems to work much better now! I was so happy that I decided to finally release it here on facepunch instead of having it rot on my hard drive. This may be a mistake.
Some of the buildings are based off of buildings in huegcity, the map that inspired me in the first place. I still had to butcher a lot of nice things to get this map to compile so the lighting and cubemaps are very spotty in places.