1. Post #361
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    4,611 Posts
    That film was fucking shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #362
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,291 Posts
    You mean the fucking shit, cause it was pretty damn awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #363
    December 2008
    138 Posts
    Prolly cause it don't have wings.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

4. Post #364
    February 2009
    157 Posts
    These models are coming along nicely.
    Can't wait for the SNPCs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #365
    October 2008
    170 Posts
    off topic: what happend to the post's
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Colombia Show Events

6. Post #366
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,034 Posts
    off topic: what happend to the post's
    Christ settle the hell down, it's not even been a day!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #367
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    4,611 Posts
    You mean the fucking shit, cause it was pretty damn awesome.
    No i actually mean that film was fucking shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #368
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,034 Posts
    No i actually mean that film was fucking shit
    Aw well, not everyone likes the same thing!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #369
    October 2008
    170 Posts
    Christ settle the hell down, it's not even been a day!
    look i did not scream it so im not the 1 that needs to settle down and im sorry if im excited about this

10. Post #370
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    1,861 Posts
    look i did not scream it so im not the 1 that needs to settle down and im sorry if im excited about this
    Yes, but in the future I would advise that you do not respond to those type of posts. they think it means that you're freaking out... Which is kind of ironic, but hey, we can't all have what we want... Except some awesome models/npcs in some time.

11. Post #371
    December 2007
    1,656 Posts
    Ah, the fruits of labor :)

As you can see, it's all pretty much finished where modeling is concerned. Some of the parts are still separate objects, but easily attached. I went and applied proper smoothing groups. The smoothing groups on the "sails" make the bone segments meld with the "canvas" which makes it almost look mesh-smoothed, which is damned good for simply geometry. Both wings are about 200-something polys.

I went and just plastered the whole head with one smoothing group, save for the heat sensor and inner mouth. I figure, the head's shape is supposed to look a bit gnarly anyway, and on top of that, it's jet black, so I figure why waste the effort?

The last render shows the result of adding the multi-material scheme early. Each part is nothing more than specific polys given a material with one solid color, but different settings of specularity or glossiness, and in the case of the wings, transparency (though really it's translucency, but what the Hell, right?).

So the materials look crude, but surprisingly accurate given that there's no texture mapping or bump/normal applied. The whole thing nears about 4,000 polys, but it shouldn't be much worse than the Shrieker, so I wouldn't worry. I might worry, of course, when you let a Shrieker infestation grow out of control, and then they ALL morph into these fart-lighting bastards X]

12. Post #372
    December 2008
    138 Posts
    Awesome.

13. Post #373
    October 2008
    170 Posts
    :D that's the best now for the skinging!!

14. Post #374
    April 2008
    793 Posts
    Horay for updates!

15. Post #375
    October 2008
    65 Posts
    It looks like you could just normal map it from there!

16. Post #376
    October 2008
    170 Posts
    i know that u sead u might not do the baby graboids but IF u do can u make them jump at 100 mph?? :D

17. Post #377
    December 2007
    1,656 Posts
    i know that u sead u might not do the baby graboids but IF u do can u make them jump at 100 mph?? :D
    Uh...Firstly, 3ds max doesn't have a speedometer (that I know of), and I very much doubt that they leap THAT fast...

18. Post #378
    October 2008
    170 Posts
    Uh...Firstly, 3ds max doesn't have a speedometer (that I know of), and I very much doubt that they leap THAT fast...
    i do not want to bother u but r u going to make them also i know that it dosent have a speed but when u animate it also if u DO make babys then u wont have to do much!

19. Post #379
    October 2006
    216 Posts
    that makes no sense... (please bring back the spelling mistake thing, all this bad spelling and abbreviation is getting on my tits lol) as for the model, looks wicked man, are the smooth groups all over the back the same? they don't seem it, i say this because where the leg connects to the body it just doesn't look all on one smooth group... also bring the point down a bit just above the leg, make it slightly less noticeable that it's low poly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

20. Post #380
    December 2007
    1,656 Posts
    that makes no sense... (please bring back the spelling mistake thing, all this bad spelling and abbreviation is getting on my tits lol) as for the model, looks wicked man, are the smooth groups all over the back the same? they don't seem it, i say this because where the leg connects to the body it just doesn't look all on one smooth group... also bring the point down a bit just above the leg, make it slightly less noticeable that it's low poly.
    Yeah, I miss the older version of this forum...Sure it was anal about everything, but it kept all the 'tards out. Plus, I miss seeing posts with the ratings.

But anyway, a bit hard for me to change the leg at the moment, since I'm halfway done UVW mapping the thing. I'm sorry if that's sticking out a bit.

As to the smoothing groups, unlike the Shrieker, I decided the AB's leg ought to actually have a bit of a cavity so that it could move a bit more freely without worrying about messing with the body. I had to compromise a little with the Shrieker, but the rig turned out alright. Likely it's just a visual trick you're seeing.

I can't wait to see this rigged and textured...it'll do it some real good...

I'm excited about animating these suckers, too.

21. Post #381
    October 2006
    216 Posts
    wicked man, yeh same with the ratings but hey... erm.. as for the model yeh that's fair enough lol i think your be right though, when textures on it'll look wicked. so look forward to it :D keep it up
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

22. Post #382
    April 2008
    793 Posts
    Your grammer stabbed my eyes from reading your post. Translation for you "Ur spellng stabd my I's frm raedin ur post"

Edit:

Can't wait J-Dude :)

23. Post #383
    December 2007
    1,656 Posts
    Alright! The coordinates are all done up nicely.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yubklykzyjf

Instead of busting my ass to create a big old legend and color code and stuff, I'm just gonna post a zip file here that includes everything that would be necessary to create textures. Included is:

*The 2048x2048 UVW template guide for texturing

*The Assblaster model in obj format for XSI users

*The Assblaster model in obj format for ZBrush users

*The Assblaster model in 3ds format for 3ds Max users (unsure if works for Max versions before Max 2009)

Hopefully you should be able to see in whichever program you use, what polygons belong to which parts, for whatever isn't apparent of course.

Oh, and here are some good reference images, especially if you intend to normal map the sucker.

http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/o...aster-m1-l.jpg
    http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/o...aster-m2-l.jpg
    http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/o...MDude/ab14.jpg
    http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/o...MDude/ab05.jpg
    http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/o...blaster2-L.jpg

24. Post #384
    October 2008
    170 Posts
    ok ao im :S is that download for skinners??

edit:
    sorry for stupid question

25. Post #385
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    308 Posts
    Yes.

26. Post #386
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    3,111 Posts
    That looks cool!

27. Post #387
    April 2008
    793 Posts
    :O Your releasing the WIP models some thing tells me someone is going upload these early and take credit... Well it doesn't really matter but I would only give it to the skinners. In the mean time Termors Comics!

OFFTOPIC

I found the case for the classic Duke Nukem game ahh the memories...FLASHBACK
    Duke "EAT SHIT AND DIE!"
    Me age 5"DIE MUTANT PIGS!"
    Duke "IVE COME TO KICK ASS AND CHEW BUBBLE GUM BUT IM ALL OUT OF BUBBLE GYM!"
    Me "Look this gun makes them break!"

Ill never forget Duke Nukem...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #388
    December 2007
    1,656 Posts
    :O Your releasing the WIP models some thing tells me someone is going upload these early and take credit... Well it doesn't really matter but I would only give it to the skinners. In the mean time Termors Comics!
    Eh, I'm not worried. The model isn't skinned, it's not .smd yet, not ragdolled, not rigged...

I doubt very much that anyone plain stupid enough to upload my work is going to be smart enough to give it a half decent texture, skin it, ragdoll it, or do any of the things necessary to put it in the game for so much as POSING. On the contrary, if some dolt takes the zip full of non-Source-compatible .3ds and .obj files and tries to upload them to garrysmod.org, I'll take immense pleasure in laughing my ass off as they're punished for their attempt, and humiliated by their futility and stupidity. Either way, I win :3

29. Post #389
    October 2008
    170 Posts
    Eh, I'm not worried. The model isn't skinned, it's not .smd yet, not ragdolled, not rigged...

I doubt very much that anyone plain stupid enough to upload my work is going to be smart enough to give it a half decent texture, skin it, ragdoll it, or do any of the things necessary to put it in the game for so much as POSING. On the contrary, if some dolt takes the zip full of non-Source-compatible .3ds and .obj files and tries to upload them to garrysmod.org, I'll take immense pleasure in laughing my ass off as they're punished for their attempt, and humiliated by their futility and stupidity. Either way, I win :3
    i hate to bother but i would like to know a maby release date

30. Post #390
    December 2007
    1,656 Posts
    See post number 323.

(hint; this is post #390)

31. Post #391
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    1,861 Posts

Why did this post require you to quote the above post? You can replyby simply hitting the button at the bottom of the page without hitting someones reply button.

32. Post #392
    October 2008
    170 Posts
    i know but i like quoting :D

33. Post #393
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,285 Posts
    JDude, I must say I am really, really impressed with the way you've become so skilled at animating and doing this modeling. The shrieker looks fucking amazing.

Am I still going to code the NPC's? Or are you going to try to get silverlan to do it? I saw what you wrote on the last page, and I'm just afraid I'll half-ass it or something, I mean the other NPC's were pretty basic, this is some complex shit were talking about, and we all know the T-Rex could have been better if I had used custom schedules... I could give it a go, but I'd really have to give it dedication.

Also, could someone link me up to a custom schedule tutorial?

34. Post #394
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,034 Posts
    Hey man, with the proper know-how and the dedication, I know for a fact you won't half-ass it!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events

35. Post #395
    December 2007
    1,656 Posts
    I'm more than willing to believe in you Xystus, though I know you have quite a workload already given your limited time. And I thank you for the compliments, this has really been a rewarding experience in many ways. I hope it's what we ALL dream of once it reaches fruition.

As to the custom schedules, the only youtube hits I've found on the matter seem to be us talking about them in the forums... However, I MAY have found an interesting lead that I will discuss with you in PM.

36. Post #396
    April 2008
    793 Posts
    I think you and Silverlan should give it a try because if you do it we get it faster but less quailty than silverlan (no offence) But if Silverlan does it, it will be added to his LONG list of NPCs and will be a longer release date. But right now we don't need to worry until they get anamated and seeing how long rexy was animated I don't see a NPC state in the near future.

37. Post #397
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,034 Posts
    It's not less quality, but Xystus's style is sharing his works with the public at earlier states, which has it's positives and negatives.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events

38. Post #398
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    5,851 Posts
    I've always wondered,how did a graboid somehow become a shrieker? I mean, graboids are BIG.

On a related note, good job so far, can't wait for the graboid and shriker mdoel to arrive, great screenshots will be had :D

39. Post #399
    October 2008
    170 Posts
    I've always wondered,how did a graboid somehow become a shrieker? I mean, graboids are BIG.

On a related note, good job so far, can't wait for the graboid and shriker mdoel to arrive, great screenshots will be had :D
    lol i thought that they came out of the stomoch or thay ate it??

40. Post #400
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    1,861 Posts
    Yeah, aren't the shriekers "evolved" forms of the tongues in some sense? Like don't three shriekers spring from one graboid at some point in it's "gestation cycle"? There are three tongues...