1. Post #761
    August 2009
    156 Posts
    So, basically everyone's avatar is of something fictional, more or less.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

2. Post #762
    Has volunteered for dissection because the doctor is cute
    May 2009
    20,258 Posts
    Mine isnt.

I see cakes floating around all the time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

3. Post #763
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    267 Posts
    I just bought the Tremors Attack Pack. All 4 movies for 13 bucks, I'm up to 3 now.

4. Post #764
    S.T.A.R.S Member and Honorary B.O.W
    May 2008
    1,683 Posts
    My avatar is from Resident Evil 3. I screen capped it when I was playing it on PSXfin. It's right when one of the R.P.D. cars pulls in front of the camera during a cut scene. I cropped it to avatar size some 4 or 5 years ago.

5. Post #765
    May 2009
    20,258 Posts
    Fuck yes! That cutscene was awesome!

6. Post #766
    December 2007
    1,650 Posts
    Alrighty then, did some work and finally got a UVW map made for the Grablet!

Next time I see Stratos online I'm sending this to him, as well as the model itself so he can work more easily. I might add descriptors for what parts of the UVW mean what, but mostly it's visually self-explanatory.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3 (list)

7. Post #767
    August 2008
    456 Posts
    Sorry J-Dude, we're not interested anymore, this is purely just an Avatar Discussion thread now :P

Of course i'm kidding, what i mean to say is, which one was the Grablet?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #768
    August 2009
    156 Posts
    Badass, also shadow of intent, your avatar is fictional, because THE CAKE IS A LIE!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #769
    October 2008
    170 Posts
    the grablet was the baby graboid, (i think the best) and it can fly out of the ground at 80 mph hit it's target and take it under ground ^_^.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Colombia Show Events

10. Post #770
    August 2008
    456 Posts
    the grablet was the baby graboid, (i think the best) and it can fly out of the ground at 80 mph hit it's target and take it under ground ^_^.
    Damn! I don't remember that...I'm guessing it wasn't in the first three films? (Which is all i've seen)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

11. Post #771
    October 2008
    170 Posts
    no it's the 4th one...witch was like fifty years back befor the first three...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Colombia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #772
    August 2008
    456 Posts
    no it's the 4th one...witch was like fifty years back befor the first three...
    Ooooh right, haven't seen the 4th. Is the Grablet cool? I wasn't successful in Googling for it. In fact, this thread was the first result :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

13. Post #773
    September 2009
    196 Posts
    Well, my avatar is a psychotic...clown...demon...thing, so suck on that, you filthy peasants/foreigners!
    and my avatar is a rockin' phycopath killer-of-millions and pie lover from the same fiction series!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #774
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    3,011 Posts
    My avatar's some weird old man who is gay and does embarrassingly hilarious videos for some dominatrix on Youtube. :smug:

15. Post #775
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,977 Posts
    My avatar is just plain psychotic...god I need to change it. I haven't rolled under it anywhere else in two years...

Well my avatar is a... HALF LIFE 1 BETA CREATURE... CALLED THE CHARGER.... AND IT CHARGED PEOPLE... AND IT FLEW ON WINGS AN EIGTH THE SIZE OF IT'S BODY... SO THERE.... BITCH...
    Looks like an assblaster to me. That's what I always thought it was, actually.

16. Post #776
    December 2007
    1,650 Posts
    Ooooh right, haven't seen the 4th. Is the Grablet cool? I wasn't successful in Googling for it. In fact, this thread was the first result :P
    Well, that probably means the term "Grablet" was coined in this very thread. They don't have an official nickname, you see. People just tend to refer to them as Baby Graboids.

Grablets are smaller than their adult forms and less dangerous on their own, but they're still about the size of a dog and leap out of the ground at high speed to tackle prey, afterward grabbing onto limbs with their beaks, lacking their tongues, and working with other Grablets to drag the victim under the ground to be mauled like piranhas.

17. Post #777
    August 2008
    456 Posts
    Well, that probably means the term "Grablet" was coined in this very thread. They don't have an official nickname, you see. People just tend to refer to them as Baby Graboids.

Grablets are smaller than their adult forms and less dangerous on their own, but they're still about the size of a dog and leap out of the ground at high speed to tackle prey, afterward grabbing onto limbs with their beaks, lacking their tongues, and working with other Grablets to drag the victim under the ground to be mauled like piranhas.
    I see...Sounds...Cute....<.<...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #778
    October 2008
    170 Posts
    you took my line.....*bunch of other voices say* THEY TOOK YOUR LINE!!!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Colombia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

19. Post #779
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    3,011 Posts
    :sigh:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #780
    August 2009
    156 Posts
    I think in the film they called them "dirt dragons."

21. Post #781
    December 2007
    1,650 Posts
    I think in the film they called them "sand dragons."
    "Dirt Dragons", is the term. But the term isn't specifically used for the Grablets, it's just the name the townspeople came up with for the Graboids in general. It's not exclusive to the Grablets, I'm sure they'd just refer to them as "Baby Dirt Dragons" if asked.

22. Post #782
    August 2009
    156 Posts
    If asked, I'm sure they would just call them "OHMYGOD I'M BEING EATEN!," but...I prefer "Grablet"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #783
    December 2007
    1,650 Posts
    Okay, I've been smoothing out some of the existing Shrieker animations, but I have some rather incredible news...

Now, the question at the back of our minds has always been, even if we manage to haul all the raw materials together, who would code these snpc's, and do it well?

Well today, that question has been answered.

We have been honored here, to have been offered the services of one coder who needs no introduction, I give you the one! The ONLY!

SILVERLAN!!!

24. Post #784
    October 2008
    170 Posts
    good to see we have a coder now ^_,^
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Colombia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #785
    December 2007
    1,650 Posts
    Also, got hold of Stratos again.

Gave him my Grablet materials.

He says he has about 4 different skins for the Graboid right now.

He also says his Shrieker file got corrupted and he needs to remake the skin, but this may be a good thing, because now we can fix the feet UVW's without worrying too much.

He also gave me some KICK...ASS Shrieker NPC sounds, which means I can REALLY get going on these puppies now that I have audio to sync my animations to.

Edited:

good to see we have a coder now ^_,^
    Correction: THE coder ;)

26. Post #786
    August 2009
    156 Posts
    Silverlan!? PRAISE JEBUS!

27. Post #787
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,033 Posts
    You fine folks can thank me for that, directed the thread to em' :P

Also, on a lesser note:

necroblade posted:
    it looks like it's presenting for some guy to fuck it xD
    You scale furries have some strange, perverted minds, no need to share them

But I guess I could take that as a compliment, somehow... Actually no, you people are weird....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Funny Funny x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #788
    October 2008
    170 Posts
    thank you im weird always.....!! no matter what i am ^_^
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Colombia Show Events

29. Post #789
    August 2009
    156 Posts
    Some people are just naturally wierd, like people who's moms played a lot of football while pregnant*cough...
    /\
    ^
    ^
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #790
    May 2008
    1,683 Posts
    If it werent so damn had to find a good/dedicated teacher of this stuff I'd be working on this stuff as well. I'd prolly be modeling the bull dozer or rather "THE CAT" and the trailer, which would be sweet ass vehicles for a graboid gamemode. Not to mention Burts house and truck with the UZI4YOU tag on the front. ;) Saayyy, has anyone thought of doing that yet?

31. Post #791
    May 2009
    20,258 Posts
    Burts Truck?

By that do you mean his truck in the first film, a GMC somethingorother.

Or his one in the second? The massive Federal truck?

32. Post #792
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    267 Posts
    Burts Truck?

By that do you mean his truck in the first film, a GMC somethingorother.

Or his one in the second? The massive Federal truck?
    The troop transport would be awesome, but I'd love to see Burt's Graboid proof house from Tremors 3.

33. Post #793
    May 2009
    20,258 Posts
    Haha, that would be awesome.

A map of Burts house, surrounded by constantly respawning NPC Graboids.

Survive for as long as possible!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #794
    May 2008
    1,683 Posts
    Haha, that would be awesome.

A map of Burts house, surrounded by constantly respawning NPC Graboids.

Survive for as long as possible!
    Now THATS an idea I was hoping to spawn from my other post. But Yeah, I was talkin about his GMC truck but the army transport would also be sweet as hell.

Edited:

In fact, maps of all the best known places the graboids were encounterd would be like, like.... *brainsplode* WAIT, that awsome, brain sploding awsome.

@ Rodwy: I was infact talking about the graboid proof house, good call there.

Off Note: I must find out what text does what for the emotes here, there seems to huge amounts em'.

35. Post #795
    August 2008
    456 Posts
    Sorry, but who is this Silverlan? A child prodigy or something? :P Any examples of what he/she/it's worked on?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

36. Post #796
    May 2009
    20,258 Posts
    I believe so.

Edited:

Off Note: I must find out what text does what for the emotes here, there seems to huge amounts em'.
    You mean, what text makes what emote?

:burger:

37. Post #797
    May 2008
    1,683 Posts
    I believe so.

Edited:

You mean, what text makes what emote?

:burger:
    Yesem, exactly that. Burgers, fries, smiles, WTFs and things like the sciency dude with the lightning.

Edited:

:science:

Edited:

W00T! It worked! I remembered one. Heres some LuLz, masive lack of sleep makes everything awsome, unless you get punched in the face.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

38. Post #798
    December 2007
    1,650 Posts
    Sorry, but who is this Silverlan? A child prodigy or something? :P Any examples of what he/she/it's worked on?
    Only the Half Life Renaissance pack which includes perfectly coded NPC's from Half Life, which he's also expanded into Fallout 3. Also made the TF2 weapons and equipment pack, including a working TF2 sentry.

Here's his garrysmod.org account:

http://www.garrysmod.org/user/?u=45270

39. Post #799
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,033 Posts
    He's basically solving every single problem that has ever vexed a coder, ever. From pathfinding problems to Hull size problems, the guy is a lua genius, you just give him a model and animations and the rest comes out golden.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #800
    October 2008
    170 Posts
    im liking the sounds of this guy ^_^
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Colombia Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 2Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)