1. Post #1081
    S.T.A.R.S Member and Honorary B.O.W
    May 2008
    1,683 Posts

Russian is gone for a bit for flaming, that should clear this thread up for awhile.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #1082
    Man, I saw this and was like "Man, this is the shit." First few posts were good, I was a little put off about how the OP didn't update. But as I read through (page by page) I saw that there was more progress than shown. But then that progress stopped by the various side-projects of J-Dude's. I continued to read anyways (page by page) saw the various repeated questions, the lack of knowledge on topics. Then the few who came and caused commotion, honestly I saw necroblade's post and thought "This thread is heading to a shitstorm." For the most part I was not far off. I have to say, if it were not for the huge amounts of retarded "omg stop stalking and get on-topic" and "wtf where is update?" this would actually have been worth my time. I was really hoping for something to come out of the twenty-seven(?) pages, disappointing truly. While I can't add much to the production underway I can provide some fun facts for you folks (or some of you).

For one, Blargtastic, you are a hypocrite to attack one for ongoing a derailing conversation, while you yourself add to it. Sure I saw that you didn't actually attack the kid for being a furry, after he made a deal of it, you encouraged it, fed the fire. If something happens, one comment (or none) and ditch it. I've learned that much, ignorance is best.

necroblade, I know you have stopped recently, but you were honestly being a retard with your posts. The whole "bumpbumpbumpbump" and "roflroflrofl imma tiep liek this cause imma pretand i cant speke engliesh" really and truly pissed me off. Also, if there is a conversation (even e-drama) that you are not a part of from the start, do not but in. Blargtastic: "russian you are ridiculous" russianshepard: "JSUT BEKAUZ I AM A FURREH" you: "rofl snake=dildo" honestly, unless you do not want respect, shut up.

Now for on-topic: J-Dude, I really appreciate you working though this bullshit. It is really cool that you did, however I think a majority of people would like it if you could find time to update the OP with some of your progress. I realize it would be hard to do that because of your inability to contact them. Anyways, good luck and I can wait for this.

Id've(?) said something but how am I to prove it? Really theres no point to me proving it when he proves it himself.
    It would be I'd've if you truly wanted to type it. If it were a real contraction.
    Also, please clock me for the third statement.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Late Late x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #1083
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,033 Posts
    Heh heh, I got real angry at RussianShephard's hypocrisy, only to fall into hypocrisy myself
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

4. Post #1084
    May 2008
    1,683 Posts
    It would be I'd've if you truly wanted to type it. If it were a real contraction.
    Also, please clock me for the third statement.
    Well, I considerd just typing "I would have", but I thought it might spark a correction on it which is what I was hopeing would happen with the (?) there.

But there are those moments where I could just care less about a couple badly spelled or missing words.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

5. Post #1085
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,033 Posts
    Oh hey guys, I found out something rather hilarious today...

... Okay so I checked in with Silverlan on the ability to make a dynamic a.i. director that writes code for itself being possible, he said no. That isn't much of a surprise BUT...

Remember a few pages ago when RussianShephard posted some lua script to prove his work on the Ass Blaster? Well I showed Silverlan the script and well, here's a transcript of what he said...

Blarg: also, I want to show you some apparent "really good" code that RussianShephard showed us to prove his excellence
    Blarg: lemme find it and you be the judge
    Blarg: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread....659386&page=25 This
    page
    Blarg: Look at RussianShephard's posts, around midway he posts it
    Silverlan: what the hell, that's part of one of my old scripts
    Later on Silver told me that one half was part of the Nihilanth script, and the other a part of the Baby Gargantua script.

So all this time RussianShephard has been completely Bullshitting us on any lua work he has done. EVER.

Just wanted to share that little tid bit of truth.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Informative Informative x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #1086
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    3,015 Posts
    woah

Didn't know that.

ALSO, I've seen a video of RussianShepard. He's like that fat kid doing the thumbs up that's popular in the PS fourm, but skinnier.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

7. Post #1087
    April 2008
    793 Posts
    I thought so, when he posted that I took a look at Silverlan's code and thought it looked way to similar. Made me laugh now that Silverlan confirmed it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #1088
    December 2009
    79 Posts
    well, im back and i have great news. All the *ahem* problems have been taken care of and now im back to attempting to redo the snpc. I have a sequence going where the snpc pounces the ragdoll (ill post a video on youtube in a litte while) and it basically replaces both the snpc with a animated prop and puts the player in a prisoner pod but i have no idea how to make it do damage with the player in the pod. Help?

Edited:

Oh hey guys, I found out something rather hilarious today...

... Okay so I checked in with Silverlan on the ability to make a dynamic a.i. director that writes code for itself being possible, he said no. That isn't much of a surprise BUT...

Remember a few pages ago when RussianShephard posted some lua script to prove his work on the Ass Blaster? Well I showed Silverlan the script and well, here's a transcript of what he said...

Later on Silver told me that one half was part of the Nihilanth script, and the other a part of the Baby Gargantua script.

So all this time RussianShephard has been completely Bullshitting us on any lua work he has done. EVER.

Just wanted to share that little tid bit of truth.
    hey, i know it is his, but im lazy, so get over it. So what if i recycled some stuff from other peoples work? Does it really matter if it is recycled? I mean, if my snpc scrabook thing works, then does it really matter if it is made from pieces of other peoples work? And im sorry if you guys are mad at me for being lazy, if it means THAT much to you all, ill rescript the whole thing with my own lua. How does that sound?

Edited:

Also, on a related note, where can i get something that records really good in-game video so i can get something to prove the assblaster (sorta) works?

Edited:

and i wasnt using the normal Lua reader that is already in gmod, i had my dad make a new one. So yes, with a new and improved Lua reader, it is possible to have a dynamically operated A.I Director. If you really knew anything about TRUE coding, you would know that this AI thing has already been done before using INCREDIBLY simple yet effective Lua. It has also been done with Binary, and every other type of coding out there, it just normally FAILS because there is no true way to keep something like that from going into overkill mode with the new datatables.

(User was banned for this post ("Trolling" - Benji))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9 (list)

9. Post #1089
    May 2008
    1,683 Posts
    Isn't stealing code some how illegal and bannable? I'd be carefull with how non-shalant your being about this russian, you might be close to self-destruction on the fourms.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

10. Post #1090
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,033 Posts
    russianshephard posted:
    and i wasnt using the normal Lua reader that is already in gmod, i had my dad make a new one. So yes, with a new and improved Lua reader, it is possible to have a dynamically operated A.I Director. If you really knew anything about TRUE coding, you would know that this AI thing has already been done before using INCREDIBLY simple yet effective Lua. It has also been done with Binary, and every other type of coding out there, it just normally FAILS because there is no true way to keep something like that from going into overkill mode with the new datatables.
    Oh, so apparently Silverlan himself knows nothing about actual coding. Well fuck me.

russianshephard posted:
    hey, i know it is his, but im lazy, so get over it. So what if i recycled some stuff from other peoples work? Does it really matter if it is recycled? I mean, if my snpc scrabook thing works, then does it really matter if it is made from pieces of other peoples work? And im sorry if you guys are mad at me for being lazy, if it means THAT much to you all, ill rescript the whole thing with my own lua. How does that sound?
    Wow. The sheer fucking nerve. Do you know why it isn't okay to do this? Because you never asked the coder permission, you never did any of the work besides scraping together somebody else's code, which is a ban-able offense on gmod.org, and because you up and said that it was your own fucking script, and I highly doubt you would've gotten around to crediting Silverlan due to how long it has been since that post.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

11. Post #1091
    April 2008
    793 Posts
    Hmm, this whole argument has nothing to do with the thread

Time to get on topic again

Also Blarg, not to support russian, but using little bits of peoples code usually is ok. Its mainly when people copy and paste the whole damn script is where code copying is bad. Either way its best to get permission anyway or atleast give credits to the people who you based most of your script on. I feel like a smartass time for an unnessary emote :hurr:

12. Post #1092
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,033 Posts
    Well technically, since the rip-off at hand was for an Ass-Blaster

13. Post #1093
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    745 Posts
    Also Blarg, not to support russian, but using little bits of peoples code usually is ok. Its mainly when people copy and paste the whole damn script is where code copying is bad. Either way its best to get permission anyway or atleast give credits to the people who you based most of your script on. I feel like a smartass time for an unnessary emote :hurr:
    Well, this guy is obviously full of shit and knows absolutely nothing about coding/scripting at all, otherwise he would've probably shown at least some of his own stuff, would he?
    Besides, a new "lua reader"? What the hell? That doesn't even make the least bit of sense. You can't change how the lua files are processed in gmod without having access to the source code of the garrysmod dlls and recompiling them, and even then those dlls would have to be part of an official gmod update.
    So, I'd suggest everyone to just ignore this guy, he's definitely a troll. Or just a complete idiot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #1094
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,033 Posts
    Well said :bravo:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #1095
    April 2008
    793 Posts
    Well said.
    EDIT: Doh Blarg said the same thing gimme lates.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Late Late x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #1096
    May 2008
    1,683 Posts
    Well said.
    EDIT: Doh Blarg said the same thing gimme lates.
    No need for lates, just agrees for an agree to blarg. :cool:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #1097
    December 2009
    79 Posts
    Oh, so apparently Silverlan himself knows nothing about actual coding. Well fuck me.

Wow. The sheer fucking nerve. Do you know why it isn't okay to do this? Because you never asked the coder permission, you never did any of the work besides scraping together somebody else's code, which is a ban-able offense on gmod.org, and because you up and said that it was your own fucking script, and I highly doubt you would've gotten around to crediting Silverlan due to how long it has been since that post.
    the reason i never gave him credit is because it was only like THREE OR FOUR lines of the code that were his and the rest was my coding that fixed any compatibility errors in his coding that made it not work on my LuaReader. And if it really pisses you guys off that much, then ill just re-write the whole fucking thing.

Edited:

wow you guys just... amaze me? I dont even know where to start. My dad works in the MILITARY. L-3 Vertex communications. He has access to both the proccessing power and the know-how to do pretty much anything that he wants, so yes, with a huge supercomputer that has 500 Ghz proccessing power, he can re-write any peice of the source engine he wants. Also, on a related note, wasnt it Silverlan (or was it Sakarias) that made the jet vehicle? Because that thing basically terminates my game from having so many incompatibility errors when i try to run its script in my dads rework of the LuaReader, and it is getting really annoying. Any suggestions? And Silverlan, may i ask, how would i get a player too take damage while in a vehicle without basically using dynamite? i tried using point_hurt but that kills the assblaster while it kills the player and i tried using a sv script that would monitor the different values of the players position in relation to the assblaster and it killed the player before he could even get pounced. help please? Also, just a heads up, the Luareader i have doesnt work with Local.ents:create, so it would be INCREDIBLY nice of you if you would use Func.entities::make for any of my friends that use the new LuaReader system. (im starting to ramble aint i?)

Edited:

and guess what, you guys are never going to beleive shit i say. You guys probably arent even going to look up L-3 or any of that stuff because your too busy thinking of new ways to say i dont know anything when i could probably kick silvers ass in a hackwar. I mean does this guy even know the basics of trilinear coding(the codeing type used by sources LuaReader)?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

18. Post #1098
    October 2009
    250 Posts
    "-Whole bunch of crap and stupidity-"
    You're a self obsessed, attention seeking retard aren't you.

(User was banned for this post ("Flaming" - Benji))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

19. Post #1099
    December 2009
    79 Posts
    you know what? im going to make my own thread with my own snpcs and shit. Bye bye, and have a wonderfull fucking day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8 (list)

20. Post #1100
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    1,362 Posts
    Russian, if what you said about your dad is true, then he shouldn't be using the military's computer to code a GAME.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Colombia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

21. Post #1101
    December 2007
    1,650 Posts
    you know what? im going to make my own thread with my own snpcs and shit. Bye bye, and have a wonderfull fucking day.
    *Doc Brown*: "Good night, future-boy!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

22. Post #1102
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,033 Posts
    Well Shephard...

A) You are an actual retard, as evidenced by the earlier furry arguments.

B) Your new coding probably isn't working out for you because it is barely compatible with gmod (as evidenced by the fact that it can't even do things the normal gmod can).

C) No it wasn't Silverlan.

D) Fuck off, we don't want to know how awesome you are and never will, you thought the mean names would stop when you "renounced" your furry status but what you don't understand is that I (re: us) didn't hate you because of your furry status alone, we despise you because of what you are, an idiot with an ego the size of Moscow (ba-dum-tissh motherfucker).

Oh yes, and if you really are leaving the thread, don't respond to this, it will be as futile as ever.

And on that note, how are things progressing J-dude, heard anything more from Stratos?

(User was banned for this post ("Flaming" - Benji))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 2 (list)

23. Post #1103
    May 2008
    1,683 Posts
    Props to Blarg for a solid logical and verbal beat down, and props to J-Dude for the Back to the Future refrence.

Great scott, now thats heavy. :cool:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

24. Post #1104
    August 2009
    156 Posts
    Ok,wait...is the caps-lock abusing attention whore really gone? Praise Jebus! By the way J-dude, could we get some pics of the latest shrieker skin?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #1105
    May 2008
    1,683 Posts
    Ok,wait...is the caps-lock abusing attention whore really gone? Praise Jebus! By the way J-dude, could we get some pics of the latest shrieker skin?
    Yes, please this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #1106
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    6,017 Posts
    Just happened to stumble across this thread and I read the last 3 or 4 pages.

<- My reaction.

Of course, I read the rest of the thread as well. I've never seen any of the Tremors movies, but the models are pretty damn sweet nonetheless.

27. Post #1107
    September 2009
    196 Posts
    NO! Blarg got banned?!?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

28. Post #1108
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,033 Posts
    Back, that was the shortest ban I've ever been through, anyways, I see not much has happened so far.

29. Post #1109
    May 2008
    1,683 Posts
    Not really, its went pretty quiet after your temp ban. I've just been waiting for another update is all, since his last one ofcorse.

30. Post #1110
    December 2009
    79 Posts
    FacePunch is VERY obviously WAY to lame for TRUE coders like me so im gone for good bye bye GO FUCK YOURSELVES AND I HOPE I GET BANNED FOR THIS BECAUSE IM NOT EVEN GOING TO BE HERE FOR THE BAN LOLOLOL!!!!!!! :smug:

(User was permabanned for this post ("Wants to be banned" - verynicelady))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Optimistic Optimistic x 2Friendly Friendly x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #1111
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,033 Posts
    Here I helped you with a report, look how nice I am :buddy:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

32. Post #1112
    April 2008
    793 Posts
    FacePunch is VERY obviously WAY to lame for TRUE coders like me so im gone for good bye bye GO FUCK YOURSELVES AND I HOPE I GET BANNED FOR THIS BECAUSE IM NOT EVEN GOING TO BE HERE FOR THE BAN LOLOLOL!!!!!!! :smug:
    Isn't this your third goodbye?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

33. Post #1113
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    6,017 Posts
    Noooooo! Don't go! We need you!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

34. Post #1114
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,033 Posts
    Don't encourage him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #1115
    August 2009
    283 Posts
    So...stealing parts of other's people's codes and stapling them together makes you a 'true' coder?

Sorry, I'm :lost: now.

Anyways, I love the first Tremors movie, but haven't seen the other ones because I was told that they wern't as good. Either way, I'm going to download this SNPC pack for sure unless it totally fails for some reason (which would be highly unlikely).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #1116
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,033 Posts
    I would actually say the second movie was as good as the first.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #1117
    May 2008
    1,683 Posts
    I agree with blarg. The second movie had animatronic monsters unlike the third, where almost all of them were CG crap. But the 4th movie redemed that mistake by bringing the "more real" looking graboids back and adding some mini graboids. (AKA Grablets)

38. Post #1118
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    3,015 Posts
    Off topic, but look at russian's youtube account. http://www.youtube.com/user/russianshephard

LOLOL IM SUCH A REBEL I DON'T DO ANYTHING FOR THE MAN

Edited:

I think he really has downs though

Edited:

also he draws like shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #1119
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,033 Posts
    Pfff-haahahahhahahahahhahahah

To think all that "Lol I'm like the best coder evah" and "Fuckface I cn shot tings from lung range wit colt" shit came from that kid.

Also I can draw so much better than that it isn't even funny.

I'm thinking of making a thread in G.D. dedicated to all of the stupid things Russianshephard has done.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

40. Post #1120
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    3,015 Posts
    Make it a callout in OIFY

Edited:

Those are funny there
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)