1. Post #1201
    December 2007
    1,643 Posts
    I've been watching this thread from the beginning,and I registered just to post.
    I must say your work is impressive J-Dude, everything looks like their movie counterparts.
    I did like the movies myself, and I hope this gets finished.

On a quick note, I do know Stratos and I've read about your difficulties with him.
    I have him as a friend on steam, talk to him daily actually. If you want me to I could contact him
    if you wanted,though I'm not even sure he's still working with the project or not.
    That would be fantastic. The man just about dropped off the face of the Earth a few days after a few failed attempts to send me the Shrieker texture. I could never get a hold of anyone but his cousin, or someone unidentified on the same account who refused to, or simply couldn't see my messages. I've tried at every occasion I've seen him online. If you can bridge this gap somehow, and we can get our texturer back, I'd be eternally grateful.

And to AV7, if you're a good ZBrusher like you say, and are willing, I'd be thrilled to include you in this project. Normal maps would seriously help us.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

2. Post #1202
    September 2009
    196 Posts
    well, I'll see what I can do. 'Cause I'm good at detailing, but not making meshes from scratch.

3. Post #1203
    December 2007
    1,643 Posts
    well, I'll see what I can do. 'Cause I'm good at detailing, but not making meshes from scratch.
    Not a problem, I'll PM you my Steam profile and send you the models.

4. Post #1204
    December 2007
    1,643 Posts
    Okay, well, no word from Bloodheart yet, but I've managed to finish the leftward sidestep animation for the AB. I'm debating whether to animate some attacks now, an AB charge attack (which would involve a snarl, run animation, and result depending on if it hits an enemy or misses).

Come to think, I'm still not sure about the entire scope of the AB's animations. It's such a versatile creature that it will probably have a lot of functions. I'm welcome to ideas for animations of things the AB can do.

Being so light an having a capacity for gliding, I can see this being an enemy type that can use the seldom utilized "jump" function npc's use in areas like the gm_construct garage roof.

Other things I can think of, an eating function that revitalizes it, but knocks it out/ragdollizes it if it gorges itself. Maybe, maybe not. Using the Ass-Blast as an actual attack, probably...

I'm talking more ground-based things of course, true flight will only feature a diving attack. Although it might be cool to have a short burst flight akin to what Antlions do...

5. Post #1205
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,025 Posts
    Dropping down on prey below it would be terrifying and hilarious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #1206
    September 2009
    196 Posts
    True that. Just as a quick update, I added minor details to the shrieker yesterday. Stuff like wrinkles and cracks/roughed-up areas in the beak. Expect some pics soon.

7. Post #1207

March 2010
    4 Posts
    Ok, Sorry for the late reply.
    I talked to him this morning, after several attempts which I got no response.
    I asked if he would come back, he didn't know at the time but it
    sounds like hes not interested anymore.

8. Post #1208
    December 2007
    1,643 Posts
    Ok, Sorry for the late reply.
    I talked to him this morning, after several attempts which I got no response.
    I asked if he would come back, he didn't know at the time but it
    sounds like hes not interested anymore.
    Well could you tell him, that regardless of whether he's leaving the project, he could at least upload his finished Graboid and Shrieker textures to mediafire or something, so we at least have something official to work with, and that those particular models can be considered finalized?

If nothing else, this would mean much less work for new potential texturers. My understanding is that the Graboid and Shrieker have been finished by him, and I will be satisfied if we at least have those.

9. Post #1209
    December 2007
    1,643 Posts
    Hey guys, sorry for all the white noise in this thread. The past month or so has kicked my ass. Lost my 67 year old Grandmother suddenly to recently discovered stage-4 colon cancer, school has been abnormally unforgiving, and I've been working hard to raise money for the new Canon Vixia HG20 I need for my fan-film.

So yeah, it's been pretty hectic, and I hope to get back to animating as soon as possible. I bumped the skinner request thread. I'm not holding my breath, but I hope maybe this time it'll get noticed by somebody.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #1210
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,025 Posts
    No sweat man, if your life is difficult I'm sure we can accomodate :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events

11. Post #1211
    S.T.A.R.S Member and Honorary B.O.W
    May 2008
    1,617 Posts
    Sorry for the loss of your Grandmother man, It really sucks losing a loved one. And I second Blarg, we should be able to help someway or another.

12. Post #1212
    May 2008
    1,617 Posts
    So, uh.... is there any news on the hopefully not ill-fated graboids and the like?

13. Post #1213
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,949 Posts
    He probably doesn't have a skinner

14. Post #1214
    February 2010
    33 Posts
    Any news?

15. Post #1215
    December 2007
    1,643 Posts
    I'm still trying to find someone, and I don't know where to look. I've gone onto every forum I can think of, 3d forums, Tremors fan forums. In almost every thread I post about it, I get no responses from anyone. Nobody with the skills to help has offered a damn thing. I have a feeling I'm going to have to pay someone to do these just to get a nibble from ANYONE.

And it couldn't be more disheartening for me, because it enforces the nagging fear in my mind that my ideas and projects are too niche` to garner enough positive attention. I had some really enthusiastic reactions from the regulars on the Tremors forums, but these guys were just fanboys, little to no apparent artistic talent to be found.

If it comes right to it, I WILL pay someone to skin these damn models. I've already just paid $432 for my new Canon HG20 for my Dragonball fanfilm, and $150 to hire a custom glass-artist to make two glass Dragonball props to use as a base for my composite effect. I still have to buy a ten dollar power adapter for my camera off eBay, because apparently I can't utilize the camera's USB mode to offload my video clips without an alternate power source. AND I'm going to hire a digital music composer to remake a nostalgic Dragonball theme into an orchestral version of the theme as an homage and as fan-service, so by God, if I HAVE to put a carrot in front of these mules, I will. I'm so sick of things I start not getting finished for one reason or another, and that's not going to happen this time. Not after getting the attention of the best coder in the mod, not after all the work I've put in, and definitely not after Silverlan re-made the coding to my TRex snpc and showed me just what he could do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #1216
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    353 Posts
    Kinda sucks that you may have to pay someone, but I admire your dedication to your projects.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

17. Post #1217
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,025 Posts
    I'm hoping that it does not have to come to that J-Dude, but if it has to then there isn't much else to do.

Glad to see your dedication to your projects is so strong :)

18. Post #1218
    February 2010
    33 Posts
    I can try to skin the Shrieker with Photoshop...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #1219
    May 2008
    1,617 Posts
    I can try to skin the Shrieker with Photoshop...
    Hopefully your really good then.

@ J-Dude: Sorry for the luck man, it'll work out somehow. Good things come to those who wait.

20. Post #1220
    February 2010
    33 Posts
    bump

21. Post #1221
    May 2010
    9 Posts
    Hello!
    I just was wondering if someone could make ragdoll´s/NPC´s of the marine group from the movie ALIEN 2/ALIENS.
    I really want those marine´s but I can´t do ragdoll´s.
    I have tried to do them but it didn’t work.
    So I just wondering if someone could make them :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

22. Post #1222
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,025 Posts
    This is not a request thread :/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #1223
    August 2008
    1,209 Posts
    Well Shephard...

A) You are an actual retard, as evidenced by the earlier furry arguments.

B) Your new coding probably isn't working out for you because it is barely compatible with gmod (as evidenced by the fact that it can't even do things the normal gmod can).

C) No it wasn't Silverlan.

D) Fuck off, we don't want to know how awesome you are and never will, you thought the mean names would stop when you "renounced" your furry status but what you don't understand is that I (re: us) didn't hate you because of your furry status alone, we despise you because of what you are, an idiot with an ego the size of Moscow (ba-dum-tissh motherfucker).

Oh yes, and if you really are leaving the thread, don't respond to this, it will be as futile as ever.

And on that note, how are things progressing J-dude, heard anything more from Stratos?

(User was banned for this post ("Flaming" - Benji))

I don't want to sound annoying, but what's with all this furry stuff? Srlsl. I wanna know.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Hungary Show Events

24. Post #1224
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,025 Posts
    That was old stuff.

Basically furry attention whores came into the thread and did the obvious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #1225
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    5,969 Posts
    -snip-

26. Post #1226
    May 2010
    25 Posts
    My god, this is brilliant! I loved the tremors films! Good job!!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

27. Post #1227
    August 2008
    1,209 Posts
    That was old stuff.

Basically furry attention whores came into the thread and did the obvious.
    I see now, thank you!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Hungary Show Events

28. Post #1228
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,025 Posts
    So, dare I ask how things are J?

29. Post #1229
    June 2006
    1 Posts
    man. haha i've been sitting here for HOURS reading through this entire thread from page 1. i feel so part of it now i was expecting to eventually find a finished product... but damn man!!! so much frustration!!! i hope things work out for you man. this would be incredible to see a finished product after so much time and effort has been put in!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #1230
    February 2010
    33 Posts
    [bump] again
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #1231
    February 2010
    33 Posts
    Does noone even look at this thread anymore?

Edited:

By the Way Jdude, If you ever get the Shrieker Skin and get the model Finished, You can probably use a the BullSquid's Running animation for a reference or just use it for the shrieker's snpc. Just Giving an Idea for when the Shrieker's Finished.

32. Post #1232
    February 2009
    583 Posts
    I'm still trying to find someone, and I don't know where to look. I've gone onto every forum I can think of, 3d forums, Tremors fan forums. In almost every thread I post about it, I get no responses from anyone. Nobody with the skills to help has offered a damn thing. I have a feeling I'm going to have to pay someone to do these just to get a nibble from ANYONE.

And it couldn't be more disheartening for me, because it enforces the nagging fear in my mind that my ideas and projects are too niche` to garner enough positive attention. I had some really enthusiastic reactions from the regulars on the Tremors forums, but these guys were just fanboys, little to no apparent artistic talent to be found.

If it comes right to it, I WILL pay someone to skin these damn models. I've already just paid $432 for my new Canon HG20 for my Dragonball fanfilm, and $150 to hire a custom glass-artist to make two glass Dragonball props to use as a base for my composite effect. I still have to buy a ten dollar power adapter for my camera off eBay, because apparently I can't utilize the camera's USB mode to offload my video clips without an alternate power source. AND I'm going to hire a digital music composer to remake a nostalgic Dragonball theme into an orchestral version of the theme as an homage and as fan-service, so by God, if I HAVE to put a carrot in front of these mules, I will. I'm so sick of things I start not getting finished for one reason or another, and that's not going to happen this time. Not after getting the attention of the best coder in the mod, not after all the work I've put in, and definitely not after Silverlan re-made the coding to my TRex snpc and showed me just what he could do.

if youre looking for a skinner, this guy http://deathbymodding.deviantart.com/ is verry skilled
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

33. Post #1233
    February 2010
    33 Posts
    bump

34. Post #1234
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,949 Posts
    this was a dead thread you placenta

35. Post #1235
    February 2010
    33 Posts
    this is dead????????

36. Post #1236
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,025 Posts
    -snip-

37. Post #1237
    December 2007
    1,643 Posts
    No, not dead.

Sorry guys, a lot of shit has come up in recent months. Priorities have forced me away from 3D, and I'll admit work on my fanfilm dominated my free time, what with one of my actors needing to leave out of state for a long time afterward.

Either way, I'm in the middle of having my Universe rocked by my current Maya teacher, one Mike Williams famed as the fastest modeler in the tri-county area. Which is saying something given this is Southern California, home of Hollywood and plenty of game studios, to be sure.

This guy is a no-bullshit idealist, an artist first and a teacher second, but he's famed as the best at getting quality work out of his students.

Why?

Because he doesn't patronize you. He swears like a sailor and tells you the whole truth about your quality of work in relation to the gaming and film industries. His assessment? That nobody studying at a Community College, even one as good as ours, has a chance in Hell of breaking into the industry as things stand, but that he and a few other elites who joined the campus, want to change in about five years with some sort of super-certificate program.

He told us he was confident he'd fail most of us after he had us show him our previous best work, of which I included a test video of my Shrieker animations as well as my logo.

Either way, he makes it clear that his expectations are nothing short of professional, and that anything less isn't worthy of his time. You'd think this would demoralize someone, but it actually tells you exactly what you need to hear in order to truly push yourself.

In our first project spanning several weeks, this was the result of our assignment to create a small indoor scene to the best of our ability coupled with his lessons, which are fast and unforgiving. You fall behind, you're left behind.

So maybe it's appropriate that my project, which he deemed "alright" was a saferoom from Left 4 Dead.

The following image is 100% my own modelling, texturing and lighting, all inside Autodesk Maya 2010:

This has consumed my time plenty, though I won't deny my own apathy on top of it all.

I WILL return to finish this project, possibly with some texturing skills finally under my belt. But for now, it's on ice. Continue asking questions though.

38. Post #1238
    March 2010
    102 Posts
    can u make the shreikers too? maybe a michael gross ragdoll? (burt) that would be epic
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

39. Post #1239
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,025 Posts
    He is already. No main characters, just the tremors critters.

40. Post #1240
    April 2008
    781 Posts
    This is kinda weird for me. I grew up with the Tremors franchise and I'm actually rather ashamed I didn't know this thread existed. I've read everything from page one, and I feel just as annoyed as everyone else that an integral part of the team decided he didn't care anymore. Good luck finding someone to take up the slack.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)