1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,263 Posts
    [release]
    (old) BlackRP (old)

[tab]Information:[/tab]
    I'm working in a little team on new roleplay gamemode called BlackRP. We are using DarkRP as base, but soon you won't notice that anymore. I'm primary designer of project and we are currently adding stuff we have in mind (secret yet :P), but we will listen to ideas, so post them here to help us revive real roleplay like in Gmod9.
    [/release]
    [release]
    BlackRP

[tab]Information:[/tab]

Using DarkRP as a base was bad idea. Currently remaking BlackRP from nothing.
    More information later.

[/release]

http://forums.facepunchstudios.com/g...hp?groupid=316
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    September 2008
    45 Posts
    It will fail.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,263 Posts
    Bob The Knob posted:
    It will fail.
    Why do you think so?
    Have anything in mind that could prevent it?

4. Post #4
    August 2007
    6 Posts
    creec posted:
    Why do you think so?
    Have anything in mind that could prevent it?
    Will this be another DarkRP clone?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,263 Posts
    Janizu99 posted:
    Will this be another DarkRP clone?
    Not clone like ones that are posted everyday on gmod.org just because someone renamed medic to healer or ect.
    This will be different from old DarkRP. I should say that it is not modification of DarkRP, that it is new rp that uses DarkRP as base for coding.

6. Post #6
    August 2007
    6 Posts
    By the way, wouldn't this fit better to Gamemodes forum than here?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,263 Posts
    Janizu99 posted:
    By the way, wouldn't this fit better to Gamemodes forum than here?
    Hmm, maybe. But this is not gamemode yet and i'm hoping for ideas so i made it here.

After this project is ready i will post it in gamemodes forum.

8. Post #8
    October 2008
    2,037 Posts
    Interesting. Will it have a interface? Kind of like the new versions of DarkRP have. Or will it still be all text based?

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,263 Posts
    Axznma posted:
    Interesting. Will it have a interface? Kind of like the new versions of DarkRP have. Or will it still be all text based?
    It will have at least one new panel.
    I take that as a idea, we will try to make it more visual based. :)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    1,833 Posts
    Please, no more darkrp shitty clones.

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,263 Posts
    Str4t0s posted:
    Will it have stealing, kfc and the bikes?
    Stealing - If you mean stealing from other players homes. Yes, we are creating less restricted Prop protection.

kfc - Do you mean Kentucky Fried Chicken? :D Dunno, we already have new food sources.

Bikes - That could be hard to do, but if more people wants bikes, i can implement bikes that someone posted on gmod.org and add him at credits.

Edit:

Str4t0s posted:
    Please, no more darkrp shitty clones.
    It may be clone, but not shitty.

Edit:

As i said, i should have typed "We use DarkRP as base." not "This is a modification of DarkRP."

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    2,784 Posts
    creec posted:
    It may be clone, but not shitty.
    "We use DarkRP as base."
    Then it's another shitty DarkRP clone.

13. Post #13
    April 2008
    9 Posts
    It will win, as long as it's not a DarkRP clone. If it is a clone that renames a few things, changes values, damage, weapons, etc then it will DIE HARD! But if not, WIN WIN WIN!! However, players? Another matter! You will need a lot of servers and threads on, say, GU fourms. You'll need someone or something to get this into Gmod players' heads as good.

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,263 Posts
    Crazyking posted:
    It will win, as long as it's not a DarkRP clone. If it is a clone that renames a few things, changes values, damage, weapons, etc then it will DIE HARD! But if not, WIN WIN WIN!! However, players? Another matter! You will need a lot of servers and threads on, say, GU fourms. You'll need someone or something to get this into Gmod players' heads as good.
    Thank you for sharing such enthusiasm. :D

clone that renames a few things, changes values, damage, weapons, etc
    If that is clone. Then our BlackRP is definetely not a clone.
    We are adding new stuff and removing some old.

Well i tell some things that are already added, not all yet.
    /buyradio - Spawns Radio that plays music from hl2
    /buyvender - Spawns Cola vender
    /License <ply> <license> - Gives license for someone to allow something

15. Post #15
    FLUTTERSHY <3 (also hats suck)
    May 2008
    1,706 Posts
    Don't base it off DarkRP. Now, I'm not saying the gamemode is shitty but it's not a good idea to base it off because it is heavily bloated. I recommend using a base like LightRP.

16. Post #16
    October 2008
    2,037 Posts
    creec posted:
    /License <ply> <license> - Gives license for someone to allow something

Would it disallow use of said item without the license?

As an example: If someone wanted to drive a vehicle, they would require the license to spawn and/or enter the vehicle?

And if so, would it have a way of checking to see who has which licenses?

Or are you saying that having the license would allow the person to allow "something".

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,263 Posts
    Axznma posted:

As an example: If someone wanted to drive a vehicle, they would require the license to spawn and/or enter the vehicle?

Or are you saying that having the license would allow the person to allow "something".
    Currently it is just a paper like this:

If i type "/license creec p228" I get paper that has next written on it:
    This is a license by creec for creec.

p228

This license was given at 16:58

18. Post #18
    August 2007
    6 Posts
    Axznma posted:

I think it shouldn't disallow using the license item completely, just making it illegal to use.
    Cops could have some device wich scans if user has license or not, or players could have way to show that they have the license (ie. "/showlicense car" would print into chat "Jani has car license/doesn't have car license").

19. Post #19
    December 2007
    58 Posts
    I hope it will succeed.

My Idea's (Taken from an old GM9 Server):

A proper payment system. : No millions in minutes or pittance in hours type shit.

A proper Voting System : /votekick, /votecop, /votemayor

NPC Gun Shop : This is important, so as to stop random DM shit. Gun's must require a licence, which will cost the equivalent of about 2 hours Gameplay Salary.

Cop and Mayor Licence : Cop test can be given by the mayor, who can grant cop licences. Mayor test given by Admins, who can grant license's.

No vehicle licence That's not a good idea.

Map : Oviscity_gmc_4 would be the best

Player Slots : 20 is preferable.

A GOOD WEBSITE AND COMMUNITY : This is ESSENTIAL to survive. You need forums, help pages and Feedback support.

Just my idea's. Anyone who played on GM9 RP will probably recognize them.

I'll PM you to add me on STEAM if you want.

Also : I know you are using DarkRP as a base, but change as much as you can, another Dark RP "clone" server just won't do. Don't be afraid to start from scratch, these things take time.

20. Post #20
    December 2008
    5 Posts
    Your project will FAIL cause you use DarkRP base.
    I'm working on my own RP gamemode made from SCRATCH.

It won't have lots of files to download and will be simple to use.

Also wrong section.

21. Post #21
    July 2008
    6 Posts
    How about you just take sandbox, and make it less obvious that it's just a sandbox. I think sandbox is the best gamemode for fun roleplay. Let players make rules.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Ukraine Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    October 2008
    2,037 Posts
    creec posted:

If i type "/license creec p228" I get paper that has next written on it:

So what your saying is that it's just like /write in DarkRP?

I was hoping it would have some coding so that way it would block use of said item, or at least have the ability to alert the cops if someone is using an item without the license without having to go and look at the paper, read it, see the person is breaking a law, turn around to arrest them and see they are half way across the map. :mad:

Of course I'm speaking from a side-line point of view, I would never allow someone to leave while I read it, but that's besides the point.

An old server I used to play on had a script like that, it allowed you to use the items, but cops and higher ranked people could type a command when you were in range and it would check you for all the licenses you have.

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,263 Posts
    creec posted:
    You should notice my every word, i use them wisely.

24. Post #24
    October 2008
    2,037 Posts
    Then notice how I did not care if it was current or not, as of the time of that post, the information given said that it was: just like /write in DarkRP.

Current does not mean it will be changed.
    Since you claim it will not be a copy of DarkRP, I voiced my concern that-that is the same thing as DarkRP but with another name.

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,206 Posts
    It will fail. RP is dead. Let it die please?

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,263 Posts
    We have new tactic. We are making gaemode we want it to be. And then play together with our team (4 people) and wait for someone to join. Then we just change things to make playing better.

27. Post #27
    June 2006
    11 Posts
    There shouldn't be any mayor at all, cops should be voted by the players but should also be able to get impeached by the players. There should be no hunger, stamina, thirst or any other need.

28. Post #28
    December 2007
    58 Posts
    superadam posted:
    There shouldn't be any mayor at all, cops should be voted by the players but should also be able to get impeached by the players. There should be no hunger, stamina, thirst or any other need.
    I agree about the needs and cops thing. Though I think there should a mayor.

29. Post #29
    December 2008
    14 Posts
    If it works nice and doen't lag like the shitty dark rp servers do id be glad to join and rp with you guys.

30. Post #30
    July 2007
    71 Posts
    If your going to do it, you need to do something unique. There's already too much rp gamemodes as it is so you have to do something never before seen.

31. Post #31
    July 2007
    105 Posts
    Wont fail, make a thread first asking players to join a group to make sure you atleast get some players >>SERIOUS<< players i might want to add, anyways you can count me in.

Edit: You might want to call it something else than DarkRP. Else it'll sound pretty much like a DarkRP copy with some noob changes.

Second Edit: Car's should spawn locked and should cost like 1000 to 1500 $ to avoid people to just spawn a car and prop kill with it, if they do so you could just remove it and they would have to waste another shitload of money.

32. Post #32
    January 2008
    321 Posts
    You shouldn't be able to spawn cars, cars should cost about 3 salaries. Payment system should be different to DarkRP aswell.

33. Post #33
    August 2008
    15 Posts
    Rp isn't dead. At least one seventh of the active servers are RP servers.

34. Post #34
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    7,404 Posts
    Payment system should require acutal work not sitting afk for 5 minutes then coming back with 5 paychecks.

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    377 Posts
    The Roleplaying Genre will never die.
    Not as long as people who remember the Golden Days still patrol the Servers.

Please, rename the Gamemode to something other than "Black RP", because I can see hundreds of people just dying to use all the Racism and Meme's against it.

And please, for it to sucseed, REMOVE THE /BUYPISTOL. And set Gundealer prices soo sky high, their gonna need ALOT, just to get one good Shipment. Small tweaks like that will add to the Roleplaying Potential.

36. Post #36
    December 2005
    4 Posts
    Well, this COULD win, but as users already have said, you need someting unique.
    Let me list some suggestions:

STATS--

Stat system, nothing serious like strenght and shit, but something never seen before: Job, Theft, Ruling.
    Job: Wheter you do your job or not, Like, every 20 minute it goes up if you have reported your day of work to the mayor, if you havent, it goes down, this could then be essential for getting a job.

Theft: Being a criminal isnt easy anymore, there should be a swep, that when fired on prop, it would ask you "theft?" then if you said yes, it would paint the prop red, and lift it up, like the gravity gun, so people can see your thefting, then if you get it to your house (you have to set that with reload) then you get 0.1 theft point

Ruling: Cop's and Mayor's have to uphold law, By geting ratings by people, that way its democracy.

DYNAMIC DAMAGE SYSTEM--

Water and hungermod: You need water and food.

Sickness: Sometimes a random sickness hits you, then you need to see a doctor

Floating text: If you shoot a player, it will show you how much damage you did to him, like in most mmorpgs.

Bleeding: Self Explanatory

LICENSES--
    You need a license for owning a car, a gun, and so on

FLAG SYSTEM & GROUP SYSTEM--

Players could be given flags, thats the main feature that would help this very much!

And the ability to Make your own groups, this would make it more all around.

ALL IN ALL--

All in All it should be very customizable, every setting should be toggleable, and it should be leightweight..

Regards, Auline

37. Post #37
    October 2008
    2,037 Posts
    A suggestion: Add correct fall damage like Taco has.

38. Post #38
    November 2008
    47 Posts
    A system that saves the guns / money you have.

39. Post #39
    December 2005
    4 Posts
    A system that saves the guns / money you have.
    Most gamemodes saves your money.
    But the gun thing might be an idea

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    1,237 Posts
    God, stop using DarkRP as a base.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)