1. Post #201
    May 2010
    401 Posts
    Because no city is clean? I mean I live in rural britain, and there is a row of 4 houses burnt down around here, and a lot of half-demolished industrial buildings.
    Maybe you could add some construction fencing, cones or something around the ruined areas so it still looks run-down but appears a little more plausible.

2. Post #202

January 2012
    5 Posts
    Aw... Ovi, i would like to know what song you have used on that Pizza Builing. I Have beeing looking for it for quite a while but stil nothing. Could you please tell me the name and the autor, i would apreciate!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

3. Post #203
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,099 Posts
    Aw... Ovi, i would like to know what song you have used on that Pizza Builing. I Have beeing looking for it for quite a while but stil nothing. Could you please tell me the name and the autor, i would apreciate!
    it's a sped up version of this www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs6BiPwqBU0

4. Post #204
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,712 Posts
    This thread takes me back...
    1 and a half years back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #205
    1? Why not 2? I am pretty sure 2 years ago was when the thread started.

Is Ovi still alive on this map anyway?

6. Post #206
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    11,582 Posts
    1? Why not 2? I am pretty sure 2 years ago was when the thread started.

Is Ovi still alive on this map anyway?
    3 years, january of 2009.

7. Post #207
    ovi
    August 2005
    74 Posts
    Ohi.. I wonder if RP is still active on Gmod?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 4Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

8. Post #208
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    809 Posts
    Ohi.. I wonder if RP is still active on Gmod?
    I hope it is otherwise I have wasted 5 years :L.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

9. Post #209
    Trans genders are gays with mental dis orders
    Dennab
    January 2012
    3,881 Posts
    holy fuck, hes back

10. Post #210
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,641 Posts
    Holy shit nice work

11. Post #211
    I HAVE A SQUID FETISH
    April 2005
    8,217 Posts
    All the mappers are returning...it's like a reverse rapture.

Welcome back to us ovi....have a pet squid!

12. Post #212
    ovi
    August 2005
    74 Posts
    All the mappers are returning...it's like a reverse rapture.

Welcome back to us ovi....have a pet squid!
    Hey.. So where is my Squid? =)

Anyone up for crane? :D
    So much fun.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #213
    I HAVE A SQUID FETISH
    April 2005
    8,217 Posts
    It is squipping its way to you. Now, i should warn you, there have bee a few deaths from the squids...J!m had a nasty experiance with a reading squid. However i think i have taught them not to kill...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

14. Post #214
    ovi
    August 2005
    74 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Mapping King Mapping King x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #215
    Ask about my EBOLA fetish
    February 2010
    12,433 Posts
    went to this page and saw antimony cat at the top and thought he posted something new

16. Post #216
    One of the million useless Gold Members
    December 2010
    707 Posts
    Welcome back!

17. Post #217
    ovi
    August 2005
    74 Posts
    Some more Scrapyard pics. :)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Mapping King Mapping King x 1 (list)

18. Post #218
    Trans genders are gays with mental dis orders
    Dennab
    January 2012
    3,881 Posts
    Very nice work.

19. Post #219
    ovi
    August 2005
    74 Posts
    Spiced up the Warehouse a bit.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #220
    Dennab
    October 2011
    106 Posts
    Shit, dude, you work fast.

My top hat to you, good man.

21. Post #221
    February 2012
    22 Posts
    this looks absolutely epic man, keep up the great work. looks better than some of the official hl2 maps...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

22. Post #222
    ovi
    August 2005
    74 Posts
    New way to enter the Canals from Streets (Work in Progress):

Overview from current Status:

Don't know what to put here on the right side. Extend Scrapyard maybe?

23. Post #223
    Ask me about my progressive rock fetish
    September 2010
    9,200 Posts
    I LOVED the first one, especially the pizza place.
    I remember back in 2006 when the top rp maps were rp_hometown1999, rp_omgcity and rp_oviscity.

Edited:

The good old days...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

24. Post #224
    Dennab
    October 2011
    106 Posts
    One thing you should do Ovi is make numerous road looping points. In previous Oviscity maps, there was...pretty much just one road that looped. More looping roads mean more places to drive around.

25. Post #225
    July 2008
    1,348 Posts
    I LOVED the first one, especially the pizza place.
    I remember back in 2006 when the top rp maps were rp_hometown1999, rp_omgcity and rp_oviscity.

Edited:

The good old days...
    I mis OMGcity the most...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #226
    ovi
    August 2005
    74 Posts
    New Building Added. Only a few more and then the cool things can start. :]

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Mapping King Mapping King x 1 (list)

27. Post #227
    October 2009
    240 Posts
    Glad to have you back, great map you're creating.

Now if you would recreate Iburgcity..

28. Post #228
    December 2007
    236 Posts
    You might want to sort out those blue/green shadows on your props:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #229
    Dennab
    October 2011
    106 Posts
    All my favourite map developers are mapping again.

*sniff*

I love you Facepunch.

Carry on the good work Ovi

30. Post #230
    ovi
    August 2005
    74 Posts
    Going to install hl2dm on my rootserver, so we can Alpha test tomorrow maybe. :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #231
    July 2009
    568 Posts
    woot woot!

32. Post #232
    July 2008
    1,348 Posts

I jsut can't wait to play on trollworld.bsp!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

33. Post #233
    ovi
    August 2005
    74 Posts
    Can't get my server to work. :(

34. Post #234
    dubstep
    August 2005
    4,197 Posts
    One thing you should do Ovi is make numerous road looping points. In previous Oviscity maps, there was...pretty much just one road that looped. More looping roads mean more places to drive around.
    It was far better back before vehicles and all this complicated LUA even existed in RP, in the MelonBrew server on the old OvisCity where you had 'cash' and 'keys' and the police had stunsticks that knocked people out for 30 seconds, that was about it. You had the ability to make props and that was perfect, cause if you wanted to be a tramp who lives in a little fort with a door, you could do just that. If you wanted to make a shop selling something, create a bar or be a 'Private Investigator' you could do exactly that, and people would use it.

Sure, there was contraband around, but it wasn't some dumb entities like it is now, it was just props which existed purely in RP. It'd be like 'We declare prohibition' and people would start illegally procuring Moonshine or w/e. You wouldn't get dumb 12 year old police douches barging through the door for no reason, revealing your supply line and instantly gunning you down.

More or less everything was done properly back in the day, people in the Police department would more-or-less have to carry out an investigation, observations etc before even thinking about carrying out raids, and even then they were done with strictest courtesy to ensure capture and seize production rather than random DMing, which made the whole thing a lot more fun and realistic.

You'd even get hostage situations, bank robberies and stakeouts because all criminal activity was admin-audited and the police department (also admin-audited) was responsive enough (due to hooking up panic buttons and so on) to actually respond, resulting in great RP with negotiations & more fun stuff.

I say, let's take it back to those days:- Strip away all of the bullshit that new GMod players have been exposed to, that they now believe is 'RP' and go back to the simple way things were.

VIVA LA RPVOLUTION
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Isle of Man Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

35. Post #235
    Dennab
    October 2011
    106 Posts
    It was far better back before vehicles and all this complicated LUA even existed in RP, in the MelonBrew server on the old OvisCity where you had 'cash' and 'keys' and the police had stunsticks that knocked people out for 30 seconds, that was about it. You had the ability to make props and that was perfect, cause if you wanted to be a tramp who lives in a little fort with a door, you could do just that. If you wanted to make a shop selling something, create a bar or be a 'Private Investigator' you could do exactly that, and people would use it.

Sure, there was contraband around, but it wasn't some dumb entities like it is now, it was just props which existed purely in RP. It'd be like 'We declare prohibition' and people would start illegally procuring Moonshine or w/e. You wouldn't get dumb 12 year old police douches barging through the door for no reason, revealing your supply line and instantly gunning you down.

More or less everything was done properly back in the day, people in the Police department would more-or-less have to carry out an investigation, observations etc before even thinking about carrying out raids, and even then they were done with strictest courtesy to ensure capture and seize production rather than random DMing, which made the whole thing a lot more fun and realistic.

You'd even get hostage situations, bank robberies and stakeouts because all criminal activity was admin-audited and the police department (also admin-audited) was responsive enough (due to hooking up panic buttons and so on) to actually respond, resulting in great RP with negotiations & more fun stuff.

I say, let's take it back to those days:- Strip away all of the bullshit that new GMod players have been exposed to, that they now believe is 'RP' and go back to the simple way things were.

VIVA LA RPVOLUTION
    I'll take that as a nod to "Yes more looping roads"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

36. Post #236
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    3,885 Posts
    holy shit ovi i thought you were dead
    nice to see you back!

@SCopE5000

I used to be a regular on Melonbrew. I'm not joking , they were simply the best at RP. Nobody pissed about , nobody acted like an immature 12 year old , nobody screamed through the mike or was a twat... it was just decent people having fun. I miss rp_oviscity_v3...

37. Post #237
    Dennab
    October 2011
    106 Posts
    Anyone remember a server called BrainBomb or whatever it was?

Good times, good times

38. Post #238
    October 2007
    4,839 Posts

I jsut can't wait to play on trollworld.bsp!
    A world full of trolls you say? ok where's my garrysbombs, we must destroy this world, then change map to gm_atomic...

The map looks awesome though, Ovi, I loved oviscity, and still do, looking forward to this one man!

39. Post #239
    ovi
    August 2005
    74 Posts

VIVA LA RPVOLUTION
    I remember the time when we played c17 on hl2dm.
    No plugins or anything else. And it was so much fun. :)

Edited:

Working on a little Power House.

Some Details and altering, also rounded Pavement Corners. Woot Woot. :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

40. Post #240
    October 2007
    4,839 Posts

VIVA LA RPVOLUTION

Honestly man, it's not the game, it's the players. for some reason or another video games became cool, and now everyone and their uncle plays video games.

Oh and it also happens to be that the majority of the world online are a bunch of assholes because they know there are no repercussions other than a possible ban...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)