1. Post #1
    March 2008
    17 Posts
    This is the official and latest release of Cider. Yes, Cider, the shitty old one that will probably turn your server into a non-roleplaying deathmatch fest.

However, if you still wish to use it you now have the latest one, with the SQL tables and TMySQL module at your disposal.

As I have done this for you, I simply request that my name is left in the credits of the gamemode. Thank you and enjoy.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Friendly x 7Dumb x 4Disagree x 4Optimistic x 4Funny x 1Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,122 Posts
    Thank you!

Does this have the script that displays an icon next to someone's name in chat if they're an admin? Like Cydar? If so may I use it for something else on my server?

Thanks.

Edit: Nevermind, I had a look and it's more complicated than I thought.

Thanks anyway though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    Jaykin Bacon: Episode 3
    May 2005
    2,470 Posts
    Yes, Cider, the shitty old one that will probably turn your server into a non-roleplaying deathmatch fest.
    I see this more as a gameplay enhancement since DM is awesome and RP is boring
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 29Agree Agree x 12Dumb Dumb x 6Funny Funny x 3 (list)

4. Post #4
    November 2008
    183 Posts
    Well this is nice
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    May 2008
    907 Posts
    Very awesome, and yes it has those icons, they're part of Gmod.

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,122 Posts
    I mean the actual script.

7. Post #7
    December 2008
    159 Posts
    Well, yay I guess......

8. Post #8
    July 2007
    891 Posts
    Someone's attempts at stealing and selling a gamemode has been foiled again!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

9. Post #9
    October 2008
    18 Posts
    The icons appear in OOC chat.

Also, this is awesome.

10. Post #10
    Dennab
    May 2008
    367 Posts
    i get a mysql error when i starting a server

11. Post #11
    January 2008
    504 Posts
    Cider is kind of boring but I guess if there is a server hosting it I will try it out.

12. Post #12
    Dennab
    May 2008
    367 Posts
    Cider isnt boring i play for 2 months and i really like it. if u understand the mod. That become a enjoy and you will want play this mod everytime like me i play this mod on morgue. And now i work on this mod for fix somethings after i will open a server for this mod. Server need mysql
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Turkey Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    October 2007
    1,043 Posts
    Does this gamemode support all sorts of maps, or is it dedicated to specified maps.
    Such as rp_tb_city45_v02n.

And when you say "the shitty one", what's so bad about it ?
    What is it missing.

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,624 Posts
    Does this gamemode support all sorts of maps, or is it dedicated to specified maps.

What is it missing.
    It supports all of maps there are, because the configuration for spawnpoints etc. can be done on the fly. (/spawnpoint Citizen, /spawnpoint CP, /spawnpoint Rebel, I think.)

15. Post #15
    May 2008
    907 Posts
    Yeah, not exactly spawn point, but a similar command.
    And yes Johnny, you can make doors unownable then title them.

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,122 Posts
    i get a mysql error when i starting a server
    Did you install the MySQL modules, install the MySQL server software, load in the SQL data and configure Cider?

Not sure, but I've only ever seen it used with rp_c18_v1.

What is it missing.
    Cider is Kudo's old gamemode, The Cydar Role-Playing Framework is his new one.

17. Post #17
    FLUTTERSHY <3 (also hats suck)
    May 2008
    1,706 Posts
    Good work man, (I think) :P

18. Post #18
    Gmod Hosting
    September 2008
    55 Posts
    I'd check this over for exploits. He's obviously hidden a method for running RCON commands on the server, as him/one of his followers changed the RCON password to a customers server tonight.

I'm no Lua expert, but if someone gets a chance, I'd appreciate someone taking a look.

19. Post #19
    October 2007
    1,043 Posts
    When trying to upload the LibMySQL.dll to the outside of garrysmod/, it says "Critical Error".

20. Post #20
    January 2008
    445 Posts
    Cider is fun. It very easy to mod. I can see already you could build form this or you could strip it down to bones and build up.

21. Post #21
    October 2008
    18 Posts
    Yea, my server got raped when i left it on. The entire database i had set up for this got wiped.

22. Post #22
    December 2008
    159 Posts
    very glitchey mod, I would not recommend running it, use darkrp.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,122 Posts
    Bear in mind it isn't maintained anymore and hasn't been updated for about 4 months.

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2008
    1,500 Posts
    Keep in mind Kudo can seriously fuck this up.

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,122 Posts
    How can he exactly? He doesn't work on this anymore, remember that Cider and Cydar are not the same thing.

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,502 Posts
    Cider is almost the same don't listen to Kudo.
    All he did in Cyder is clean up a bit of the code and add one or two useless features.
    I'll take a look at this later and rerelease it without his shitty backdoors.

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    758 Posts
    I looked over this code a bit, and it looks like none of the SQL queries are escaped, although I don't know if this is the backdoor. I hope he is escaping data in "Cyder"

28. Post #28
    November 2008
    183 Posts
    Cider and Cydar are completely different.

29. Post #29
    May 2008
    8 Posts
    yes, they are different. also, I've noticed that a plugin that I was really looking forward to is missing :(

30. Post #30
    October 2008
    18 Posts
    Player joined the server, started injecting mySQL into the 'clan' command.

Awesome.

31. Post #31
    March 2008
    17 Posts
    That's what happens when a gamemode is leaked.

Protip: Most private gamemodes have backdoors incase they're leaked.

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2008
    1,500 Posts
    stop lying and tell the truth about how you hacked most of the server running this, banning the owners :3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    March 2008
    17 Posts
    Wasn't me, I know who it was though :3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    266 Posts
    Mine don't have backdoors.

35. Post #35
    December 2006
    53 Posts
    Why would you not escape SQL in the first place, stop blaming your stupidity on a "leak".

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    860 Posts
    im in ur server
    deleting ur playerz
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

37. Post #37
    January 2009
    20 Posts
    DLL modules without source.

38. Post #38
    March 2008
    17 Posts
    Why would you not escape SQL in the first place, stop blaming your stupidity on a "leak".
    I did it on purpose :)

39. Post #39

December 2008
    3 Posts
    What admin mods would you suggest run great with this? I know you wouldn't add Citrus here.

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,122 Posts
    DLL modules without source.
    It doesn't matter since it's not in the DLL Module release forum.

What admin mods would you suggest run great with this? I know you wouldn't add Citrus here.
    NewAdmin is brilliant, remember it's still a WIP, have a look in the Lua forum.