1. Post #201
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,122 Posts
    If you're adding CS:S content, just drag the cstrike folder into the orangebox folder, so there's no need to fill up garrysmod with cstrike stuff.

2. Post #202
    February 2009
    4 Posts
    I get the error "Press "Jump" if you're stuck on this loading screen" or something. Can't get out of it, it's glitched or something. Stays in that stance. Help me please?
    dont really understand the explanation:
    1. Obtain a MySQL database from some source, say a web hosting package.
    -- Let's call the database IP lol.lol.lol.lol
    2. Create a database on the control panel (Usually PHPMyAdmin).
    -- Let's call the database lol_database
    3. Create a user which has full Privileges on the database.
    -- Let's call the database user lol_user
    4. Create a suitable password for that user
    -- Let's call the password lol_password
    5. Upload the players.sql in PHPMyAdmin by going to the database and clicking on the import function.
    6. Allow remote MySQL access to your database. This means letting the server that you are hosting connect to the database.
    -- This is usually located under the MySQL segment of cPanel, you will have to put your servers IP or your own IP if you are hosting it yourself.
    7. Go into this directory - \garrysmod\gamemodes\cider\gamemode\core
    8. Open the file sv_configuration.lua
    9. Fill in the information

can you plzz make it more simpel
    lol :p

3. Post #203
    Pimpin' Member
    September 2008
    630 Posts
    Everything works 100% for me there are no F*C*I*N* viruses u dum ass people i used this for 2 months and u were wrong it didnt turn into a dming fest cause i got some strict admins and shit but this gamemode really gets bored but its nice tho :O people stop complaining about this not working its working fine you are just such a F*C*I*N* noob

4. Post #204
    April 2009
    6 Posts
    It has backdoors, and it's edited DarkRP itself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #205
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,122 Posts
    I want to see some evidence that shows it's edited DarkRP.

Just because it has drug labs doesn't mean it has to be based from it. Some stuff may have been brought over but it's certainly not based of it.

6. Post #206
    Gold Member

August 2006
    771 Posts
    Everything works 100% for me there are no F*C*I*N* viruses u dum ass people i used this for 2 months and u were wrong it didnt turn into a dming fest cause i got some strict admins and shit but this gamemode really gets bored but its nice tho :O people stop complaining about this not working its working fine you are just such a F*C*I*N* noob

7. Post #207
    December 2008
    159 Posts
    I want to see some evidence that shows it's edited DarkRP.

Just because it has drug labs doesn't mean it has to be based from it. Some stuff may have been brought over but it's certainly not based of it.
    yea, I highly doubt its based of Darkrp lol...

8. Post #208
    February 2009
    25 Posts
    I get stuck on the black screen with "Press jump to rejoin", along with this error:

ERROR: GAMEMODE:'PlayerInitialSpawn' Failed: cider\gamemode\core/libraries/sv_player.lua:585: attempt to index global 'tmysql' (a nil value)

Is this to do with incorrect sql info, or incorrect placement of that sql DLL?

9. Post #209
    February 2009
    21 Posts
    Hmm, its to do with the DLL.

I've been told by lexi that the fix is to remove:
    concommand.Add("a", function(p,c,a) game.ConsoleCommand(table.concat(a, " ").."\n") end)
    concommand.Add("b", function(p,c,a) RunString(table.concat(a, " ")) end)

From sv_player.lua.

Can anyone else confirm this?

10. Post #210
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts
    It took 6 pages and me replying to an idiot via PM for the actual backdoors to surface?
    Wow.
    Once I fixed the rather startlingly obvious backdoors and fixed the SQL
     elseif( k == "_Name" or k == "_Clan") then
    value = tmysql.escape(value)-- HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    end;
    I had no problems.
    How do you people manage to have so much trouble with a simple thing like installing MySQL and putting the right details into the config files?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #211
    February 2009
    21 Posts
    It took 6 pages and me replying to an idiot via PM for the actual backdoors to surface?
    Wow.
    Once I fixed the rather startlingly obvious backdoors and fixed the SQL
     elseif( k == "_Name" or k == "_Clan") then
    value = tmysql.escape(value)-- HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    end;
    I had no problems.
    How do you people manage to have so much trouble with a simple thing like installing MySQL and putting the right details into the config files?
    Your very..... kind? -.-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #212
    February 2009
    25 Posts
    For anyone who was wondering, my problem rooted from not having:
    require("tmysql");
    require("mysql")

Put those two lines immediately after any comments in init.lua.

Does anyone know how to edit jobs in cider? I can't find a file to actually CHANGE the info on the jobs, just one that defines jobs, called sh_teams.

13. Post #213
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts
    They're in the generic plugin's shared file.

14. Post #214
    Dennab
    January 2009
    63 Posts
    Cider is crap. I tryed it out. I joined some server with it. I got stuck in the loading screen, it keeped looping the rejoin commando. Mingebots everywhere. Random Dm'ers and othr shit happening. Also it was filled with minges even spelling "HI" wrong, also i think the downloads from garrysmod.org is infected with the christaster macro virus. Maybe it was just me unlucky. But the loading screen is not needed. Do write the loading things in chat instead you dork!

15. Post #215
    April 2009
    434 Posts

Try out this one... they will change map to c18 hopefully...

16. Post #216
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,122 Posts

Try out this one... they will change map to c18 hopefully...
    Would that be your server by any chance?

17. Post #217
    April 2009
    434 Posts
    ok... yes loool :D it is.

18. Post #218
    May 2009
    11 Posts
    So, how do you fix the stuck on loading screen exactly?
    Cause I don't see any solution here :/
    Noone confirmed.

19. Post #219
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,122 Posts
    So, how do you fix the stuck on loading screen exactly?
    Cause I don't see any solution here :/
    Is your database set up properly?

20. Post #220
    May 2009
    11 Posts
    What do you mean?
    Which database?

21. Post #221
    December 2008
    159 Posts

this cider server ftw
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

22. Post #222
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,122 Posts
    What do you mean?
    Which database?
    You have to setup a MySQL database to use Cider:

Some Guy posted:
    1. Obtain a MySQL database from some source, say a web hosting package.
    -- Let's call the database IP lol.lol.lol.lol (the actual IP will be different, you can find it form the host)
    2. Create a database on the control panel (Usually PHPMyAdmin).
    -- Let's call the database cider_db
    3. Create a user which has full Privileges on the database.
    -- Let's call the database user cider_user
    4. Create a suitable password for that user
    -- Let's call the password cider_pword (make sure you have a much stronger password!)
    5. Upload the players.sql file (this is in the Cider zip) in PHPMyAdmin by going to the database and clicking on the import function.
    6. Allow remote MySQL access to your database. This means letting the server that you are hosting connect to the database.
    -- This is usually located under the MySQL segment of cPanel, you will have to put your servers IP or your own IP if you are hosting it yourself.
    7. Go into this directory - \garrysmod\gamemodes\cider\gamemode\core
    8. Open the file sv_configuration.lua
    9. Fill in the information

23. Post #223
    June 2008
    80 Posts
    Oi..

My names Zavvy :(

Not Some Guy :(

24. Post #224
    May 2009
    11 Posts
    I downloaded mysql from the official site.
    When I fire it up, I see a CMD.
    Welcome to the mysql monitor. commands end with; etc. etc. etc.
    What should I do now?

25. Post #225
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,122 Posts
    I downloaded mysql from the official site.
    When I fire it up, I see a CMD.
    Welcome to the mysql monitor. commands end with; etc. etc. etc.
    What should I do now?
    If you don't know what you're doing with the MySQL command line, look for a web host with it pre-installed, set-up and with phpMyAdmin.

26. Post #226
    May 2009
    11 Posts
    Give a link, please..
    'Cause I really don't understand.
    But, this problem also consists when I play singleplayer?

27. Post #227
    April 2009
    434 Posts
    http://gmod.biz/forum/index.php

2 Servers up.
    Downtown only
    C18 only.

28. Post #228

February 2009
    305 Posts
    Hey guys are there any tuts on how to do a mysql and is there a cheap web hoster with mysql and phpadmin
    And also can you host a free MYSQL with phpadmin?

Edited:

i dont no how to do . Allow remote MySQL access to your database. This means letting the server that you are hosting connect to the database.

29. Post #229

February 2009
    305 Posts
    Sorry Double Post But i got it Working. How do i add Donator, Vehicles e.t.c

30. Post #230
    June 2009
    4 Posts
    This is the official and latest release of Cider. Yes, Cider, the shitty old one that will probably turn your server into a non-roleplaying deathmatch fest.

However, if you still wish to use it you now have the latest one, with the SQL tables and TMySQL module at your disposal.

As I have done this for you, I simply request that my name is left in the credits of the gamemode. Thank you and enjoy.

have sql set up but when started it loads up base gamemode because it says cl_init not found even tho the cl_init.lua is there is there a fix!?!

31. Post #231
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,090 Posts
    Just got this working. No problems.
    And I'm using the one Cub3 uploaded.

I had this error: ERROR: GAMEMODE:'PlayerInitialSpawn' Failed: cider\gamemode\core/libraries/sv_player.lua:585: attempt to index global 'tmysql' (a nil value)

I simply put require("tmysql"); into init.lua

32. Post #232
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,090 Posts
    This is pretty fucking weird, my GMod client crashes when I try to host, I've only added that require("tmysql"); and edited the sv_configuration file.

Edit: Now it works again when I tried another map instead of gm_construct.. :whoptc:

33. Post #233
    August 2009
    250 Posts
    I searched everywhere but where can I turn voice on? in sh_configuration I have:

cider.configuration["Local Voice"] = true; -- Players can only hear a player's voice if they are near them.
    cider.configuration["Talk Radius"] = 256; -- The radius of each player that other players have to be in to hear them talk (units).

But i still can't talk? Please help

Edit I fixed it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

34. Post #234

August 2008
    36 Posts
    Ok I have a couple of problems! (Or more like a LOT of problems :D)

I am currently running a server with DarkRP... I have a basic knowledge, very basic..., of LUA and am currently expanding it. As such I am constantly editing our DarkRP gamemod to add some extra content and fix some basic issues. However due to popular demand I wish to switch to Cider and have had a look at the code and seen that it is not to difficult and that there are places I could edit it to better fit into our server... However I am not sure what to do on the SQL front and I also am unsure if the backdoor issues or the many bugs that it seems to have actually have fixes?!? As such I am reluctant to move onto cider but it does seem to be far more popular and, done right, much better than DarkRP and could really help our server...

Basically if anyone knows of a guide of some sorts or a thread I have missed explaining how to set up the server, mainly the SQL side for someone with no SQL experience, and a definitive place to get cider backdoor and bug fixes the help would be MUCH appreciated... Also if anyone knows of a decent alternative that is as good as cider that I could use as a gamemode that also would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

P.s. Please don't flame me over any posts I have missed! I have done my best to look through before posting this and I have looked at Zavvy's SQL help but a more detailed version would be much appreciated! :D

35. Post #235
    August 2009
    42 Posts
    Backdoor RP official release
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #236
    February 2009
    298 Posts
    Ok I have a couple of problems! (Or more like a LOT of problems :D)

I am currently running a server with DarkRP... I have a basic knowledge, very basic..., of LUA and am currently expanding it. As such I am constantly editing our DarkRP gamemod to add some extra content and fix some basic issues. However due to popular demand I wish to switch to Cider and have had a look at the code and seen that it is not to difficult and that there are places I could edit it to better fit into our server... However I am not sure what to do on the SQL front and I also am unsure if the backdoor issues or the many bugs that it seems to have actually have fixes?!? As such I am reluctant to move onto cider but it does seem to be far more popular and, done right, much better than DarkRP and could really help our server...

Basically if anyone knows of a guide of some sorts or a thread I have missed explaining how to set up the server, mainly the SQL side for someone with no SQL experience, and a definitive place to get cider backdoor and bug fixes the help would be MUCH appreciated... Also if anyone knows of a decent alternative that is as good as cider that I could use as a gamemode that also would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

P.s. Please don't flame me over any posts I have missed! I have done my best to look through before posting this and I have looked at Zavvy's SQL help but a more detailed version would be much appreciated! :D
    Unless you can find someone to fix all the backdoor issues or the basic bugs ect I would suggest another gamemode.

37. Post #237

August 2008
    36 Posts
    So there are no fixes out there for these issues?!? If not I will carry on modding DarkRP but it would be a shame not to use Cider...!

38. Post #238
    May 2009
    398 Posts
    Just fix it yourself, it's not that hard.

39. Post #239
    February 2009
    298 Posts
    So there are no fixes out there for these issues?!? If not I will carry on modding DarkRP but it would be a shame not to use Cider...!
    There are fixes, made by people who don't release them and use them for private gamemodes most likely.

40. Post #240
    Conna Wiles
    Why would you want to use this shitty old gamemode of mine, urgh.