Dennab
    April 2008
    1,500 Posts
    Because it's a virus.

2. Post #82
    Dennab
    July 2007
    183 Posts
    People who still use this are stupid as hell....

3. Post #83
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    758 Posts
    It's not a virus you tool, the source is on my website, and it works perfectly fine. I know of a lot of servers that use the tmysql module.

4. Post #84
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2008
    1,500 Posts
    I mean the one kudo is using, not yours my little sweet heart :3.

5. Post #85
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    7,903 Posts
    Cider is almost the same don't listen to Kudo.
    All he did in Cyder is clean up a bit of the code and add one or two useless features.
    I'll take a look at this later and rerelease it without his shitty backdoors.
    Don't talk about stuff you don't know.

Jesus christ I'm tired of people being dicks to . His gamemodes are fucking great, and if you'd give them a chance instead of going with the fools on the internet that have never played the modes themselves, you'd see they're a lot of fun. Countless people go into 's threads just to flame, and they have no right.

6. Post #86
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    1,797 Posts
    I like Cider, but there's noone ever on :(

7. Post #87
    November 2008
    183 Posts

Jesus christ I'm tired of people being dicks to . His gamemodes are fucking great, and if you'd give them a chance instead of going with the fools on the internet that have never played the modes themselves, you'd see they're a lot of fun. Countless people go into 's threads just to flame, and they have no right.
    Attaboy Spacewolf

8. Post #88
    March 2008
    17 Posts
    Yeah, I decompiled his DLL and put a virus in it.

9. Post #89
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2008
    1,500 Posts
    Totally

10. Post #90
    November 2008
    103 Posts
    Your fucking stupid. The module in the cider file is the same one most any other server that uses the mySQL utility uses. The reason everyone is crying about a virus is because data is unescaped, this is a script problem, not a .dll problem, allowing anyone to access the mySQL. So before you try to look smart, do some research not that that required any.

11. Post #91
    September 2008
    370 Posts
    Kirad: p.s. it was a joke, I'm sure any smart person would understand that. Also, tone down your rage meter.

12. Post #92
    December 2008
    12 Posts
    Look at the team up. This game mode sucks. You seen no serious tut's actually helping people. I know how to use SQL so don't say shit about sql. I installed this. Don't work and yet people still are talking about this dead game mode. G00d I hope I get a ban for flamming.

13. Post #93
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,471 Posts

I know enough to have a opinion buddy, I'll talk if I want to.

His gamemodes are mediocre and I gave them a chance a long time ago and everyone who played it was a idiot and just wanted to run around and punch people.

Kudo is a moron who uses realfake clients which is the only way he can even get clients by basically getting the noobs who can't tell that his server doesn't have 40-50 people but actually 8 or 9.

He is also enough of a moron to put exploits in his own gamemode, if people want your gamemode that fucking bad to find exploits in your server and then steal your gamemode or whatever shouldn't act like a child and try to run other people's servers who merely enjoy his gamemode a lot and would like to run a server with his script in their own way. If anything he should be taking it as a compliment becuase he has done something people like.

If his "Cydar" is really that good compared to Cider he should have no problem becuase it will hardly take people who play his server away from it.

You don't talk about stuff you don't know.

14. Post #94
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    7,903 Posts
    I know enough to have a opinion buddy, I'll talk if I want to.

His gamemodes are mediocre and I gave them a chance a long time ago and everyone who played it was a idiot and just wanted to run around and punch people.

Kudo is a moron who uses realfake clients which is the only way he can even get clients by basically getting the noobs who can't tell that his server doesn't have 40-50 people but actually 8 or 9.

He is also enough of a moron to put exploits in his own gamemode, if people want your gamemode that fucking bad to find exploits in your server and then steal your gamemode or whatever shouldn't act like a child and try to run other people's servers who merely enjoy his gamemode a lot and would like to run a server with his script in their own way. If anything he should be taking it as a compliment becuase he has done something people like.

If his "Cydar" is really that good compared to Cider he should have no problem becuase it will hardly take people who play his server away from it.

You don't talk about stuff you don't know.
    Being a super admin on the server teaches me everything I need to know.

If you tried it "a long time ago", give it another chance. There's been a lot of changes, and you might find that you like it.

15. Post #95
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2008
    1,500 Posts
    I hope the was sarcasm

I really really really hope that was sarcasm

16. Post #96
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    7,903 Posts
    I hope the was sarcasm

I really really really hope that was sarcasm
    Hope what was?

17. Post #97
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2008
    1,500 Posts
    Your post up there.

18. Post #98
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    7,903 Posts
    Your post up there.
    What's there to be sarcastic about? I'm tired of people flaming the gamemode.

19. Post #99
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2008
    1,500 Posts

That, that's just plain silly. If you think that's it, you're wrong.

20. Post #100
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    7,903 Posts

That, that's just plain silly. If you think that's it, you're wrong.
    Why? I'm a super admin, I've been on the server for a long time. I know a lot about it.

I don't see what you're getting at...

21. Post #101
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2008
    1,500 Posts
    Being a super-admin on a server for a while won't help you learn a few things but some commands to ban people. Before you go bitching like "Oh yeah well blah blah blah" You need to make a server and make something useful and get around 10 real players per day.

22. Post #102
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    7,903 Posts
    Being a super-admin on a server for a while won't help you learn a few things but some commands to ban people. Before you go bitching like "Oh yeah well blah blah blah" You need to make a server and make something useful and get around 10 real players per day.
    I was made an administrator because I know a lot about the gamemode, and am an active community member. Don't be rude and say I'm bitching, I'm trying to have a discussion with you, there is no need to be childish.

23. Post #103
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2008
    1,500 Posts
    Kirad

...Before you go bitching like...
    Yep, you sure are bitching now /sarcasm, anyway lets take this into a PM so we stop bumping this horrid thread.

24. Post #104
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    7,903 Posts
    Yep, you sure are bitching now /sarcasm, anyway lets take this into a PM so we stop bumping this horrid thread.
    Forget it, I don't want to continue if you're being a jerk.

25. Post #105
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2008
    1,500 Posts
    Mission Accomplished.

26. Post #106
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    651 Posts
    pictures? any1 got pics?

27. Post #107
    Pimpin' Member
    September 2008
    630 Posts
    do u NEED to install mysql for it ? or can u just run it like darkrp ..

28. Post #108
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,471 Posts

If you tried it "a long time ago", give it another chance. There's been a lot of changes, and you might find that you like it.
    I own my own servers, that teaches me everything I need to know about servers.

I looked at it a few days ago and there where 9 or so people in the server.

The Cider that was released here looks exactly the same and just has like two or three features.

I have no desire to play his server or RP in general, I do not like his sever or Conna/Kudo himself either.

I have no respect for assholes who use RealFake Clients.

29. Post #109
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,122 Posts
    do u NEED to install mysql for it ? or can u just run it like darkrp ..
    You need to install it; the gamemode absolutely requires it. DarkRP doesn't because it uses SQLite, which is built in to Garry's Mod.

30. Post #110
    Pimpin' Member
    September 2008
    630 Posts
    can someone teach me how to add it on steam ? ill make him admin on my server ... i am good with servers and im like middle good coder and stuff but srsly i dont know how to use mysql lol

31. Post #111
    October 2008
    18 Posts
    Oh dear...

This works so stop saying it doesn't. Just don't use it because my server has been hacked numerous amounts of times while running it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #112
    June 2007
    18 Posts
    This works fine for me... I just can't get past the 'Loading... Press space if you are stuck' screen.

I'm using MySQL from my web host, you think this will affect it?

33. Post #113
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,122 Posts
    If that happens it probably means your database configuration is wrong or you didn't import the tables.

Did you import the tables?

34. Post #114
    June 2007
    18 Posts
    Players.sql? Yup.

35. Post #115
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,122 Posts
    Can you show me your config file please? (With passwords omitted of course)

36. Post #116
    June 2007
    18 Posts
    Code:
    --[[
    Name: "sv_configuration.lua".
    Product: "Cider (Roleplay)".
    --]]

cider.configuration["MySQL Host"] = "db1337.perfora.net"; -- The host that your MySQL database is located.
    cider.configuration["MySQL Username"] = "dbo900000001"; -- The username that you log into MySQL with.
    cider.configuration["MySQL Password"] = "mypasswordishere"; -- The password that you log into MySQL with.
    cider.configuration["MySQL Database"] = "db900000001"; -- The name of the database that we'll be using.
    cider.configuration["MySQL Table"] = "players"; -- The name of the table where the player data is stored.

37. Post #117
    November 2008
    183 Posts
    I own my own servers, that teaches me everything I need to know about servers.

I looked at it a few days ago and there where 9 or so people in the server.

The Cider that was released here looks exactly the same and just has like two or three features.

I have no desire to play his server or RP in general, I do not like his sever or Conna/Kudo himself either.

I have no respect for assholes who use RealFake Clients.
    Oh no! Someone on the internet uses fake player amounts on a mod of a video game!

Get over it, shit happens and you need to stop complaining about it

38. Post #118
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,122 Posts
    Code:
    --[[
    Name: "sv_configuration.lua".
    Product: "Cider (Roleplay)".
    --]]

cider.configuration["MySQL Host"] = "db1337.perfora.net"; -- The host that your MySQL database is located.
    cider.configuration["MySQL Username"] = "dbo900000001"; -- The username that you log into MySQL with.
    cider.configuration["MySQL Password"] = "mypasswordishere"; -- The password that you log into MySQL with.
    cider.configuration["MySQL Database"] = "db900000001"; -- The name of the database that we'll be using.
    cider.configuration["MySQL Table"] = "players"; -- The name of the table where the player data is stored.
    If you're keeping the database name and the username the same, then there's an o missing from the database name.

If everything is correct then I'm not sure what's causing the problem, sorry. :(

Edit: The only thing I can think of is that your host may have a non standard port or you haven't enabled remote MySQL access (probably the latter).

39. Post #119
    June 2007
    18 Posts
    No, there's supposed to be an 'o' in the username. I'll try installing MySQL directly on my server.

40. Post #120
    Dennab
    July 2007
    183 Posts
    I'm gonna laugh when all of you guys come back and say "OMG MAH SERVERS BEEN HAXX'D"

Take a fucking hint, Conna put some backdoors in the gamemode.