1. Post #281
    December 2008
    97 Posts
    lululululul Yeah, he is part of the team.
    ok, but where SVN Updates =\

2. Post #282
    October 2007
    1,043 Posts
    Is this compatible with DarkRP 2.3.5+ as well ?
    Or 2.3.5 only.

3. Post #283
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,965 Posts
    Should be with any version 2.3.5 and above, depends if the update has any major changes concerning jobs.

4. Post #284
    foxcock
    June 2008
    6,874 Posts
    How can I make it work on my darkRP server, version 2.3.1+138 ?

5. Post #285
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,965 Posts
    Well, you'll have to do the extra jobs yourself. Look at the darkrp plugin, and see how the PCMod.RP functions are overrided. You can copy those, but you will need to do the job stuff yourself.

(Basically, if you don't know Lua, you're screwed.)

6. Post #286

August 2007
    152 Posts
    GMT, this does NOT work.

Same problems as before, printing blank pages.
    Tom wrote the hopeful fix for ULX problems. I did the networking

7. Post #287

August 2007
    152 Posts
    ok, but where SVN Updates =\
    Only tom has that password :D

8. Post #288
    December 2007
    539 Posts
    well just to inform you, tom's update did not work :c

9. Post #289

March 2009
    62 Posts
    Its ok, I don't need anymore help with PCMod, I got it working, but can someone tell me where I can get a Web Browser SWEP for PCMod?

10. Post #290
    March 2008
    1,574 Posts
    Tom wrote the hopeful fix for ULX problems. I did the networking
    But does it actually work? :c

11. Post #291

August 2007
    152 Posts
    Apparently not

PCMod 2 does not have a web browser. It will pretty much never be able to browse a real website

Tom is working on something that will bring the ability to have in-game websites good for RP and for creating in-game forums and such
    http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=698277

12. Post #292
    August 2008
    178 Posts
    PROGRESS :D

Thank you for fixing the routers :D

Laptops don't appear to be talking to each other, i'll try again when i get some more free time but i do have the latest svn (ver 2.0.3) AND PCS DO WORK :D

I'll give it a bit more of hammering later when I have more time xD

I like the feature that if you don't have a keyboard on a PC you can't type :D

13. Post #293

August 2007
    152 Posts
    you can change that if desired. Please enable server debugging then give me a copy of its output after you try to have a laptop ping a laptop. Just a reminder, laptops need to be wired and do not have wireless yet

14. Post #294

March 2009
    5 Posts
    Hello everyone :) I just started my darkrp server and i have a problem with pcmod2.
    I got pcmod2 from svn btw. Everyone can buy pc's with stool gun ;/ how can i fix that?

15. Post #295
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,965 Posts
    Just to confirm, I updated the svn yesterday. I will work on the notepad thing now, by moving to Gmod's datastream not my own version.

To restrict using the pc stools, add this code to your darkrp's init.lua file somewhere:

local function StopPCStools( ply, tr, toolmode )
    	if (ply:IsAdmin()) then return end
    	if (string.Left( toolmode, 7 ) == "pcspawn") then return false end
    end
    hook.Add( "CanTool", "PCMod.StopPCStools", StopPCStools )

People will not be able to use the spawners, but can use the wiring tools. Admins will be able to use anything.

16. Post #296

March 2009
    5 Posts
    Oh that works thanks :) But i got one more problem. Anyone can spawn pc's by using !pcbuy :|

17. Post #297
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,965 Posts
    The DarkRP plugin should fix that. Make sure you have it installed, and that you have the latest DarkRP from the svn.

Edit:
    Also, I have switched PCMod now to use the GMod datastream and it still doesn't work with ULX. This means, it is officially Megiddo's problem and not mine, since ULX breaks a built-in GMod feature. I have sent off a Mantis report to ULX, it's now up to you guys to pester Megiddo to get it fixed.

http://ulyssesmod.net/bugs/view.php?id=348

18. Post #298

March 2009
    5 Posts
    hmmm well i reuploaded Pcmod/plugins i redownloaded Pcmod but still everyone can spawn pc's with !pcbuy command

19. Post #299
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    253 Posts
    Yeah, still doesn't work with ULX.

20. Post #300
    January 2007
    81 Posts
    Yeah, still doesn't work with ULX.
    Can people not read the above posts! Blimey, Thomas even said "This still does not work with ULX"!

21. Post #301
    October 2007
    176 Posts
    Okay, whoever says something that has already been mentioned in the thread, deserves to be dead, has no life, and will live a sad and lonely life.

22. Post #302
    August 2008
    178 Posts
    So far so sweet :D

It works happily with a reasonably complex network (see screenshot)

23. Post #303
    May 2007
    41 Posts
    Hello
    Wanted to say that the devs working on ULX/ULib have fixed the datastream issue.
    All the server has to do is update the SVN for ULX and ULib and the notepad saving will work fine.
    Great mod btw :D

24. Post #304
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,857 Posts
    Okay, whoever says something that has already been mentioned in the thread, deserves to be dead, has no life, and will live a sad and lonely life.
    That's one thing to say if it's a 50+ page thread, but if it's on the first page of the thread, then it's different. That's like complaining that you don't know what to do in a gamemode after not reading the help ( and even refusing to ).

25. Post #305
    October 2007
    176 Posts
    Well, Yeah, when a thread is massive (Like SBEP) i'll only go back about 3 pages, but then again, by the time i read them, another 50 are added. Haha.

26. Post #306
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,965 Posts
    Yep, update your ULX versions to rev 24 and notepad saving/printing will work.

NOTE: You have to save the notepad file BEFORE you print it!

27. Post #307
    November 2008
    402 Posts
    Culd somone edit that code that resticts using Stool for spawning PC at RP servers. Just it makes a notification for that players to use !pcbuy ?
    Thanks if somone culd!

28. Post #308
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    253 Posts
    Can people not read the above posts! Blimey, Thomas even said "This still does not work with ULX"!
    I did. I was referring to the newest version.

29. Post #309
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,965 Posts
    Culd somone edit that code that resticts using Stool for spawning PC at RP servers. Just it makes a notification for that players to use !pcbuy ?
    Thanks if somone culd!
    To restrict using the pc stools, add this code to your darkrp's init.lua file somewhere:

local function StopPCStools( ply, tr, toolmode )
    	if (ply:IsAdmin()) then return end
    	if (string.Left( toolmode, 7 ) == "pcspawn") then return false end
    end
    hook.Add( "CanTool", "PCMod.StopPCStools", StopPCStools )

People will not be able to use the spawners, but can use the wiring tools. Admins will be able to use anything.
    I hate having to repeat myself.

30. Post #310
    November 2008
    402 Posts
    I hate having to repeat myself.
    You realy dont, i was asking about a message that players get like "Use !pcbuy to buy PC's". When they trying.. I know that code, i inserted it and got it work. But i want to get other players know, that dont know about the !pcbuy command.

Anyway, i got a problem printing documents with Printer Share, i just gets white blank papers. What to do?

31. Post #311
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    253 Posts
    Hey, my PCs forget the IP of the other PC in the P2P chat program the moment you look away from them.
    It also resets back to 127.0.0.1 if you hit Set for the name.
    Nor can I send messages using the program.

The ChatServ program doesn't close, nor can I get it to do anything else, really.
    AlarmZ doesn't close either.

32. Post #312

March 2009
    5 Posts
    You realy dont, i was asking about a message that players get like "Use !pcbuy to buy PC's". When they trying.. I know that code, i inserted it and got it work. But i want to get other players know, that dont know about the !pcbuy command.

Anyway, i got a problem printing documents with Printer Share, i just gets white blank papers. What to do?
    When you type your message in notepad before printing press save file button

33. Post #313

August 2007
    152 Posts
    Hey, my PCs forget the IP of the other PC in the P2P chat program the moment you look away from them.
    It also resets back to 127.0.0.1 if you hit Set for the name.
    Nor can I send messages using the program.

The ChatServ program doesn't close, nor can I get it to do anything else, really.
    AlarmZ doesn't close either.
    What version are you running?

34. Post #314
    Gold Member

July 2006
    1,960 Posts
    Got my new computer up and running with modeling software, I probably have done the monitor models soon.

35. Post #315
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    253 Posts
    What version are you running?
    2.0.3. I downloaded and copy/pasted over the SVN.

36. Post #316
    December 2007
    539 Posts
    PLEASE don't add tons of custom models and materials, it's a GIANT PAIN IN THE BUTT FOR SERVER OWNERS. Player don't like waiting to download stuff.

Keep the custom models materials down if possible!

37. Post #317
    December 2007
    539 Posts
    Okay, I connected a desktop and a laptop to the same router, the router connected wirelessly to a server. The desktop was able to ping and connect to the server (chatserver), but the laptop got no response.

Please fix.

Also, if you exit ChatServ by clicking X instead of Disconnect, everyone is nolonger able to connect to the chatserver, getting the "Failed to connect" message.

The only fix is to disable and reenable the chathost from server.

38. Post #318
    January 2007
    81 Posts
    Okay, I connected a desktop and a laptop to the same router, the router connected wirelessly to a server. The desktop was able to ping and connect to the server (chatserver), but the laptop got no response.

Please fix.......
    Lua error? We can't help you unless you show that.

39. Post #319

August 2007
    152 Posts
    We have found the problem with laptops and this will be fixed soon

For those who cant wait:

Open pcmod2/lua/entities/pcmod_base/shared.lua

On line 214
    [FIND]
    if (self:GetClass() == "pcmod_tower") then
    [REPLACE]
    if (self:GetClass() == "pcmod_tower" || self:GetClass() == "pcmod_laptop") then

40. Post #320
    April 2008
    47 Posts
    Hey I was wondering do you think a hacking swep would be possible? What I mean is it would work like fallout 3 hacking system where it gives you a bunch of random words in two colums and if you chose the rigth one the computer unlocks but if you get 4 tries wrong it locks the computer so only the person that knows the password can get into it. here is a picture of the hacking system i was talking about: