1. Post #481

August 2007
    152 Posts
    in rp mode you have to rp buy in pcmod 2. i believe the chat command was !pcbuy

Starbank isnt on pcmod 2 because there's no table element and all the text and stuff is bigger, thus making it impractical
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #482
    March 2009
    31 Posts
    I made a video tutorial on how to add music to pcmod2

Thanks, Really liked it. Helped me alot.

Question:
    Why doesnt pc mod 2 have all the old programs?

3. Post #483
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,947 Posts
    Because, PCMod 2 uses a completely different interface from PCMod 1. All the "old" programs would need to be rewritten to work with PCMod 2, and quite frankly, I don't have the time. Most of the stuff is there though, what are you missing in particular? (Don't say starbank.)

4. Post #484
    January 2009
    164 Posts
    What's starbank?

5. Post #485

6. Post #486
    January 2009
    164 Posts
    Neato. Lets get that back!

7. Post #487
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,947 Posts
    As I have explained before, I have no plans on remaking starbank for pcmod 2 myself. If anyone else wishes to attempt it, feel free.

8. Post #488

December 2008
    4 Posts
    What are the commands to increase the limit of Towers/Laptops you can have?

9. Post #489
    January 2009
    164 Posts
    shouldn't it be something like

sbox_maxpc_whatever

10. Post #490
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,947 Posts
    'sbox_maxpcmod_blah 10' done through rcon. Or you can use 'pc_setlimit tower 10' if you're an admin from your client console (no rcon needed for that).

11. Post #491

April 2009
    1 Posts
    I have a question, I downloaded PCmod 2 (I think 2.0.4 or whatever) and I put it in my addons and when I try to use it in gmod, the PCmod tab doesn't show up. I'm not sure what the problem is please tell me.

12. Post #492
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,947 Posts
    Your problem is that you've not given me enough information to help me. Check your console for any errors. You really should get the SVN, it has lots of updates that I haven't published on garrysmod.org.

13. Post #493

February 2009
    20 Posts
    Is there a way you can make a splitter support MANY more speakers? I liked that bug/feature in PCMod 1

Also, a way to add music to it EASILY (for a minge like me)

14. Post #494

August 2007
    152 Posts
    Is there a way you can make a splitter support MANY more speakers? I liked that bug/feature in PCMod 1
    this can be done if the server host edits the entity

edit pcmod2/lua/entities/pcmod_splitter.lua

jsut add more copies of the port creation line in the initialize function until you ahve the desired number of ports

15. Post #495
    January 2009
    164 Posts
    Adding music requires anyone who joins to download it. I would prefer to see a streaming setup so people didn't have to download the files.

16. Post #496
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,947 Posts
    Streaming music in Garry's Mod is not possible without binary modules on both server and client, without a hacky HTML panel or something. It's not worth the effort.

17. Post #497
    October 2007
    176 Posts
    So... is this not being worked on anymore?

18. Post #498

19. Post #499
    March 2009
    34 Posts
    Adding music requires anyone who joins to download it. I would prefer to see a streaming setup so people didn't have to download the files.
    I think what he meant by adding more music was be able to add more songs already on the client machine (like the portal songs)

20. Post #500

August 2008
    22 Posts
    Absolutely awesome mod!

Do have a question though, and since the search term "lag" is too short for Vbulletin's liking, I don't know if it was addressed yet or not:

The occasional "This server uses PC Mod 2" (or similar) message which pops up is causing extreme lag on a non-dedicated server - that is, one running on my home computer. It is either the message itself, the code which pops up the message, or something that happens at the same time as the message causing the lag.

No errors are involved, it just lags when that message displays. This isn't a problem for similar messages from other mods, only this one. Any ideas? I'd prefer to leave the 'ad' in because it promotes the mod, but if nobody can advise of a solution, I'll be forced to hack up the code trying to remove it...it's simply unplayable like this.

21. Post #501

March 2009
    120 Posts
    Aww I was hoping this would die...

22. Post #502
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,947 Posts
    Just remove the message, in the config files. I think I added a nice line of code called "cfg.ShowTimedMessage = true" or something.

23. Post #503
    January 2008
    282 Posts
    This mod conflicts with this mod: http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=49808

Which makes me sad because they're both my favorite mods ever, and I want a computer system on my spaceships. Can anything be done about this?

24. Post #504
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,947 Posts
    Explain how it conflicts, I see no reason for it to.

25. Post #505
    January 2008
    282 Posts
    Explain how it conflicts, I see no reason for it to.
    If I have both installed and fly one of the ships, the view (instead of being toggleable with a zoomin,zoom out function) is stuck inside the very center of the ship and when the ship moves the camera tries to move with it but rubberbands constantly and enough to induce a headache if you fly it enough. Pcmod 1 didn't conflict with the ships so I'm guessing it's something to do with not using derma and the "zoom in to the monitor" thingy, but I know nothing of lua so I have no idea. Also I'm positive these two mods are the ones conflicting I've had only both of them installed, and when I remove pcmod2 the spaceships view is perfectly fine.

26. Post #506
    insert long title here
    January 2009
    15,117 Posts
    Is there an PCMod 2 Plugin 4 the new official Dark RP?

27. Post #507

August 2008
    22 Posts
    Just remove the message, in the config files. I think I added a nice line of code called "cfg.ShowTimedMessage = true" or something.
    Thanks, got it sorted. Lag seems to be gone...gotta wonder why it happened but important thing is it's gone.

28. Post #508
    February 2007
    31 Posts
    Is it me or does PC mod not work with lots of things (network stuff in particular)

29. Post #509
    October 2008
    6 Posts
    To get PCMod 2 should I remove 1, or will they run simultaneously??

Thanks

30. Post #510

August 2008
    22 Posts
    Now, maybe it's just my hardware (not quite fast enough?)...but I have to report a game-crasher I found.

On gm_zonstruct in SP, I was working on some "idea generation" as I call it (coming up with ideas for MP with buddies later). If you know the map, you'll see the potential for what I'm about to describe.

Across the map there are several areas which are suitable for multi-computer offices. I went around stringing up some electrical wire poles with cable ties all over the map, and cable ties down into the basement tunnels, and then proceeded to create several offices.

Structure went like:
    Backbone router (1x) - router (8x) - computers (1 server w/printer per router, 4 personal computers per router)

According to that, I had 32 personal computers and 8 servers. Each server had a shared printer. I set up one server how I wanted it (printer sharing enabled), copied the hard drive and went to all servers putting the copy on them. Turned em on, then went to the personal computers.

Set up one how I wanted it, took out the hard drive copier, copied it, then went to paste it and the game disappeared off my screen. No warning, nothing, just GONE. Not even an End Task dialog! I checked task manager and hl2.exe was gone.

Is this the result of a bug or is this more likely relating to hardware? I normally perform quite well in Gmod in general, I won't go into detail with specs unless you want em.

edit: should mention, am using garrysmod.org copy of 2.0.4. I refuse to use SVN client software and am therefore waiting on next full release on the site.

I don't have a damned clue how this is 'dumb', but go ahead FP, say what you will...just figured I'd help out the mod maker by making him aware of what happens when you make a network like that with 2.0.4.

31. Post #511
    July 2008
    1,630 Posts
    Yo dawg, i heard you like computers, so i put a computer in your computer, so now you can play while you play !

Edited:

Throw dumb ratings at me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Ukraine Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #512

July 2009
    1 Posts
    i took a quick glance at all the pages up till now and i dont bieleve i seen it but ne way i downloaded pcmod recently the zip version from garrysmod.org linked on this site also tried the svn version both seem to need me to do alittle extra configuration with sv_rp.lua well im not an lua coder but i am a server administrator the actual lua file told me to refer to this thread so here i am and i need some help

-any help would be appreciated

33. Post #513
    January 2008
    282 Posts
    Can anyone remake this: http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=51952 for PCMod 2?

34. Post #514

January 2009
    1 Posts
    What is the UN and PW for the SVN? It asks for one.

35. Post #515
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,947 Posts
    It shouldn't ask for one. Try anon or anonsvn for both, that's what these things usually are. If that fails, you got the wrong svn url.

36. Post #516

June 2009
    3 Posts
    help i can tget it to work and i mean any pc mod 2 version im so frustrated plz help im desperate ive done what it said and i didnt even get the pc mod tab

37. Post #517
    March 2009
    96 Posts
    help i can tget it to work and i mean any pc mod 2 version im so frustrated plz help im desperate ive done what it said and i didnt even get the pc mod tab
    Did you get the one from garrysmod.org or did you get the svn?

38. Post #518
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,228 Posts
    It works greatm, but if i save it then load i get PCMOD lua errors.

39. Post #519
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,947 Posts
    PCMod, like most other addons, does not support saving and/or loading.

40. Post #520

April 2007
    23 Posts
    Fresh version of 2.0.4 (SVN) still crashes servers/singleplayer games when trying to print on a networkshared printer.. Please take a look at it.
    Thx