1. Post #561
    June 2009
    22 Posts
    How can I make a working Print Server Network?
    So that 2 or more PCs can use it.
    (2 in a Room and 2 on another planet)
    [need it for gm_galactic]
    I believe you need to get...

1. Server type PC
    2. Router
    3. Four PC's (Well, That's how many you want. Of course)
    4. Wiring tool

Alright, Wire the Server PC to the Router. Then wire the Printer to the ServerPC. Then wire the four PC's to the router. Install PrintShare(Or whatever its called :P) and run it on the ServerPC. Then go on one of the Four PC's and install the print program. When you type something up, Save it with a name and when you press print. Find the ServerPC's IP adress (Should be easy to find, Just look at the tower) Then, Put that in where it says the default "Local"

Now press print and it should work. Please reply if it dosn't (This is just what I think, I really never used a Printer Network before q.q)

2. Post #562
    My favorite NSA triggers are small pox cyber terror brown out
    November 2009
    7,324 Posts
    oi... i downloaded it, followed all the instructions, and it dosn't show up. not in any of the tabs. i went in and checked the addons folder, and it was there. i can't even find it under browse!

also......pcmod 2.04 is removed from garrysmod.org. wth is up with all that??

thanks

3. Post #563
    March 2009
    34 Posts
    oi... i downloaded it, followed all the instructions, and it dosn't show up. not in any of the tabs. i went in and checked the addons folder, and it was there. i can't even find it under browse!

also......pcmod 2.04 is removed from garrysmod.org. wth is up with all that??

thanks
    Make sure you don't have PCMod1 installed. Make sure, if you are using GMod SVN beta, that you put it in the right GMod folder (it can happen).

4. Post #564

November 2009
    13 Posts
    Question How do I make it where in my server other people can hear my custom music please awnser

5. Post #565
    March 2009
    34 Posts
    Question How do I make it where in my server other people can hear my custom music please awnser
    You need to edit some lua file that is run on the server end.

resource.AddFile(filename)

filename is a file within the garrysmod/garrysmod folder (the one with addons, lua, etc.).

6. Post #566

November 2009
    1 Posts
    I setup my Darkrp server to use Pcmod just like it said with the plugin and I added the code.
    But whenever I click on the job all I get is this in the chat field:
    /comptech
    What is wrong?

7. Post #567
    August 2009
    8,242 Posts
    I am gonna make an uplink mod for this. Should I. It would be funny.

Edited:

FILE NOT FOUND!!! WHY?! I'm sad. :saddowns:

8. Post #568
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,963 Posts
    Get the svn version, the svn link is on the OP.

Also, for anybody interested in helping to develop PCMod 3, visit the forums: http://www.fortfn.co.uk/forum

9. Post #569
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,174 Posts
    Its not letting me install programs onto my PC, Its completely up to date (SVN) but the weapon is giving me an error.

weapons\gmod_tool\stools/pc_sweps.lua:30: attempt to call method 'Reset' (a nil value)

10. Post #570
    December 2009
    24 Posts
    Hey awsome question of the Day I'm playing around with lua and I downloaded a few new monitors pc models and I looked and looked and looked but I don't knownwhat to edit to make them show up :( hey what do I edit to make the models show ??? :)

Best to contact me using the.best.James.Hughes@hotmail.com

Can't wait for a reply :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #571

January 2010
    5 Posts
    ignore me please, im an idiot and forgot all of the end quotes on the path names...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #572
    September 2009
    767 Posts
    When I installed this, every single prop was no-collided with the world...

13. Post #573

October 2009
    25 Posts
    GLaDoS should try using this operating system instead of windows. To stop her fatal, explosive crashes.

This
    is
    EPIC!!!!!!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #574

January 2010
    12 Posts
    it dosent work. it says there would be the laptop and some other stuff buts its not there. other than that it works really good. (soon we will be playing gmod on gmod)

15. Post #575
    February 2010
    43 Posts
    Sorry guys, but im sick of trying and searching.

First of all: Nice Mod!

then. I want to restrict all PCmod tools to one class. I found the way to restrict it to admins here in this thread. and i found a way to restrict something to a class.. but im unable to combine this two!

It must be something like:

local function StopPCStools( ply, tr, toolmode )
    	if (ply:Team() == team here || ply:IsAdmin()) then
    		return
    		end
    	if (string.Left( toolmode, 7 ) == "pcspawn") then
    		return
    		false
    		end
    end
    hook.Add( "CanTool", "PCMod.StopPCStools", StopPCStools )

But i doesnt work. Im hoping for answers here.

Mfg, Xas

16. Post #576
    March 2009
    34 Posts
    -words-
    The 'or' sign in lua is 'or' not '||' as in
    if self:destroyed() or self:esploded() then
    --Code here
    end

FYI, the 'and' sign is 'and' not '&&'

Also, you are going to have a problem with that code. In the second if statement, the 'return' and 'false' are on seperate lines. They need to be on the same line. (And fix the tabbing. The 'end's should line up with the if's)

17. Post #577
    February 2010
    43 Posts
    The 'or' sign in lua is 'or' not '||' as in
    if self:destroyed() or self:esploded() then
    --Code here
    end

FYI, the 'and' sign is 'and' not '&&'

Also, you are going to have a problem with that code. In the second if statement, the 'return' and 'false' are on seperate lines. They need to be on the same line. (And fix the tabbing. The 'end's should line up with the if's)
    Thanks! That works fine!

18. Post #578
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,365 Posts
    When I Press E my PC doesn't zoom... Do you know why?

19. Post #579
    May 2008
    77 Posts
    When I Press E my PC doesn't zoom... Do you know why?
    Same problem here, fix please.

20. Post #580
    February 2008
    83 Posts
    Edit:
    Wow, posting that on Facepunch was a bad idea. PM'd to OP.

21. Post #581

February 2010
    1 Posts
    Ahh i need help cos im a complete novice where this is concerned. i downloaded the pc mod and placed it in the appropriate folder (garrys mod addon folder) so i can use it in single player and every now and again in multyplayer. but even though ive put the files in the place i need to the pc mod tab will not appear on my menu when i press q.
    i havnt downloaded anything else or configured any files. so i just need some help and advise in setting this amazing mod up

22. Post #582
    January 2010
    83 Posts
    my problem is simple: pcmod2 DOES NOT WORK! i extracted it properly, i tried all these workarounds, i tried shoving that plugins folder everywhere, i tried everything and yet it simply NEVER shows up in gmod no matter what i do. i looked for the tab in the q manu, i typed !pcbuy into chat (even though i was on singleplayer) i have even scoured the internet looking for a solution, but no one has one. and i can't give you error messages because there AREN'T ANY!!!!

23. Post #583
    February 2010
    14 Posts
    Okay, the monitor is a VGI Display. So to connect it, you'd click on the Computer Tower, click on VGI Display, then click on the Monitor, and click VGI Display. You do the same for the keyboard, which is a ps2 connection, the splitter, which is a mini jack. For the speakers, you hook it up to the splitter. And for the printer, you hook it up to the USB port.
    I can't help but be a tiny bit annoyed, don't you mean VGA Display?

VGA Means Video Graphics Array, and is a must for most computers.

VGI on the other hand means nothing, Vehicle Game Input? Like a steering wheel??

Edited:

my problem is simple: pcmod2 DOES NOT WORK! i extracted it properly, i tried all these workarounds, i tried shoving that plugins folder everywhere, i tried everything and yet it simply NEVER shows up in gmod no matter what i do. i looked for the tab in the q manu, i typed !pcbuy into chat (even though i was on singleplayer) i have even scoured the internet looking for a solution, but no one has one. and i can't give you error messages because there AREN'T ANY!!!!
    I know exactly what you mean, I have the same problem.

I'm deleting my whole Garry's Mod game and starting again, now I know what and what not to download.
    Hopefully I won't download any of that "0/\/\|=G /\/\p4O |-|4X (OMFG MP40 Hacks)" crap, and hopefully stick with the clean WireMod and stuff..

24. Post #584
    August 2008
    178 Posts
    ThomasFn, suggestion :)

You should change your avatar pic to
    "thomasfn
    Lua God"

YOU ROCK MATE! keep up the great work!

25. Post #585
    March 2009
    34 Posts
    I know exactly what you mean, I have the same problem.

I'm deleting my whole Garry's Mod game and starting again, now I know what and what not to download.
    Hopefully I won't download any of that "0/\/\|=G /\/\p4O |-|4X (OMFG MP40 Hacks)" crap, and hopefully stick with the clean WireMod and stuff..
    Reinstalling it probably won't work. It seems that it might have been broken by the same GMod update that broke wire. Thomasfn may or may not fix it.

thomasfn posted:
    From PCMod 2 forums:
    It's likely to be a gmod update I suppose, since one of Garry's updates did indeed break wiremod. (He apologised for it on his blog). I might look into it, depends on my mood, I don't really feel like breaking into and improving the PCMod 2 code right now.

26. Post #586
    Facepunch's Local Lycanthrope
    December 2008
    1,773 Posts
    If it doesn't appear in your Q menu it's because the creator forgot to add an info.txt into the addon's folder; thus GMod doesn't recognise the addon, and doesn't load it. Just get a working info.txt from one of your other addons and paste it into the PCMod addon folder. Then it should work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Jersey Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #587
    March 2009
    34 Posts
    If it doesn't appear in your Q menu it's because the creator forgot to add an info.txt into the addon's folder; thus GMod doesn't recognise the addon, and doesn't load it. Just get a working info.txt from one of your other addons and paste it into the PCMod addon folder. Then it should work.
    Seeing as how the mod has not been updated for a while and it did work when it was updated, it did have a info.txt in it. The current theory as to why it is not working is because a GMod update broke it.

28. Post #588
    Facepunch's Local Lycanthrope
    December 2008
    1,773 Posts
    Seeing as how the mod has not been updated for a while and it did work when it was updated, it did have a info.txt in it. The current theory as to why it is not working is because a GMod update broke it.
    Well it's working for me and I downloaded it 2 days ago.

29. Post #589
    Respected User
    September 2006
    2,503 Posts
    *Insert "Yo, dawg" joke here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #590
    August 2007
    21 Posts
    This mod is just awesome in Dark rp servers.

While RP'ing a thief, i love to hack peoples pc's and have fun, problem is, you cant seem to hack laptops, which a lot of ppl use to save space, ive tried running it in singleplayer and same thing happened, no matter what way i use the swep ( left/right click and combined ) i just cant hack laptops..

Am i doing something wrong or does anyone else have this?

31. Post #591

February 2010
    6 Posts
    Okay... Its awesome, with one flaw. HOW DO YOU USE THE COMPUTERS? I can turn them on, but I cant click the "next" button. On tutorials, they just kind of walk up to it and it zooms in and they use it,but I can't figure out how.

Edit: When i use the monitor/ laptop, i can use the mouse, but my real mouse is several inches above the computer's mouse, so I can't go above 1/3 of the screen.

32. Post #592

March 2010
    1 Posts
    can any one help me with pcmod2, my screen will not sync to it. like when your screen goes and move to the computer.

watch this video to see what i mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD5ZR4aL2H8

help is much needed I love PcMod2 and this error makes it so hard to use. thanks every one

33. Post #593
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,963 Posts
    I've heard the zoom bug is due to conflict with SCars (thanks diller12344). So you guys will either have to remove that addon, or if you really really want to keep it, you might be able to convince me to look at the SCars code and make a hotfix.

34. Post #594

January 2010
    80 Posts
    I've heard the zoom bug is due to conflict with SCars (thanks diller12344). So you guys will either have to remove that addon, or if you really really want to keep it, you might be able to convince me to look at the SCars code and make a hotfix.
    Has a Hotfix been made? Since you post was in 2008. If you haven't made one then I and many others urge you to create one. PC Mod 2 and sCars are to awesome RP Mods and it is a shame that they clash unless you create a Hotfix. Thank you for you time.

35. Post #595
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,963 Posts
    Is there an SVN version of SCars somewhere, I can't be bothered to download 87mb worth of models just for the lua code.

36. Post #596
    May 2010
    188 Posts
    Is there an SVN version of SCars somewhere, I can't be bothered to download 87mb worth of models just for the lua code.
    Il download them for you and send you the LUA and then i can make a feature request :p Deal?

But still, the option to put the cables against the walls (think how wiremod did this (right click with the wire tool))
    Had a problem on a server where the cables just went straight from the router to the PC, trough the entire street :p

Allso, wireless still doesn't work i suppose?

37. Post #597
    January 2007
    81 Posts
    I removed SCars 1.2, and the zoom bug was still there...

38. Post #598
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,481 Posts
    I removed SCars 1.2, and the zoom bug was still there...
    I think its a Screen problem when all like when all thoes tools broke

39. Post #599
    March 2010
    96 Posts
    Ok, to patch PCMod 2 to work with DarkRP properly, download this below and follow instructions:

You will need to have downloaded PCMod 2.0.0 first, this is overwrites a few files. Add this to the bottom of the DarkRP gamemode shared.lua file:

PLUGIN = {}
    include( "pcmod/plugins/darkrp_235.lua" )
    PLUGIN.JobColour = Color( 100, 100, 0, 255 ) -- OPTIONAL
    PLUGIN.JobSalary = 80 -- OPTIONAL
    TEAM_COMPTECH = PLUGIN:SetupJob()
    PLUGIN = nil
    patch file is gone? :O

40. Post #600
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,594 Posts
    patch file is gone? :O
    Why Bump?