1. Post #441
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,945 Posts
    Yep, notepad will do.

A splitter converts phono to minijack, so you can connect your speakers to the tower.

You can't have programs on your client that work with PCMod 2 if the server doesn't have them. To get an install disk, either use the SWEP tool mode or buy an install disk (if the server is roleplay).

2. Post #442
    January 2009
    15 Posts
    Yep, notepad will do.

A splitter converts phono to minijack, so you can connect your speakers to the tower.

You can't have programs on your client that work with PCMod 2 if the server doesn't have them. To get an install disk, either use the SWEP tool mode or buy an install disk (if the server is roleplay).
    Okay, I'll try that. By the way, what does SWEP stand for?

Oh and by the way, what do you mean by "before line 31?" Where do the lines technically start, and how would one count a line? Do you consider spaces lines?

Thanks a ton, Tom.

3. Post #443
    April 2005
    62 Posts
    Okay, I'll try that. By the way, what does SWEP stand for?
    Scripted WEaPon

4. Post #444
    January 2009
    15 Posts
    Scripted WEaPon
    Uh, what are scripted weapons used for in this mod?

5. Post #445
    January 2009
    164 Posts
    Because you can't directly hook up a speaker to the tower, let alone three. Speaking of which thomas, give us more ports on the freaking splitter, or more 3.5mm ports on the tower.

Here's an idea thomas:
    An admin option to play music through a serve]r. So you don't have to haul the computer around, and perhaps a file browser like what E2 has for finding files that can be used with a music player.

6. Post #446
    October 2007
    176 Posts
    Sweps can be used for all kinds of things in GMod, but half the time it's just kids making uber powerful weapons that kill it one shot, or rape your computer systems with lag. Like shooting 5 billions shots per second that instakills anyway. Or, get sensible people that make sweps for the right reasons, such as Thomas. Where it installs programs into the computers. And not lag, let alone, kill people. Don't get me wrong, there are people that make decent sweps, but if you find an "admin" weapons, chances are it's just a noob gun. (Decent sweps, like grappling (Doesn't work anymore D:), some weapons are made to be fair, such as stargate weapons and magic weapons. Ones that are actually FUN.)

7. Post #447
    June 2007
    16 Posts
    Is anyone else getting a problem where you are unable to scroll through the song list?

8. Post #448
    April 2005
    62 Posts
    I made a video tutorial on how to add music to pcmod2

9. Post #449
    January 2009
    15 Posts
    Okay, so Tom - how would I add that piece of code you gave me to the .lua file in notepad? You said before line 31, but I was confused on where line 31 was, whether I count spaces or not, and how you wanted me to insert it.

If what you're telling me works, that's great. But if it doesn't work, I'll make a video about what is happening and the error I get.

10. Post #450
    January 2009
    164 Posts
    Now it always fails.

11. Post #451
    January 2009
    751 Posts
    i found many-many bugs... when i clicking by the cursor between the letters, i see how cursor blinks far left from clicked place

next second bug: cannot close the programs using X button... only shutdown works =(

third bug: if on first personal computer i will install some programs, after that i'll create another computer i see there the same programs as in first, but they don't launch

fourth bug :D
    if from first created computer i'll print something into public chat (ChatServ), the on second comp i'll print something, then if i'll look at the first computer' i'll see that nick from first computer is a nick from second computer!

fifth bug... if i'll reconnect (after third bug) from both computers and will print something, the history string by string will be replaced by new string beginning from above of the chat-text-view-window...

i'll nothing to say... just install servers, routers, ChatServ's, print, look, see thousands of bugs... anyway the addon is very cool, but i don't trust it for this time

12. Post #452
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,945 Posts
    Sounds like you got a faulty version of PCMod, or a conflict or something. You're the first person to report many of those bugs. Try deleting your PCMod folder and reinstalling it from either SVN or the download. Make sure you have ULX updated to latest if you use ULX, and make sure you do not have any other versions of PCMod installed.

Quathan, I updated the SVN with the fix - just get the SVN again and it should work.

13. Post #453
    January 2009
    751 Posts
    I am not such an idiot that could do what you have listed here. i'm playin gmod for a 2 years, you know.
    also, i'll try to play it without any mods

heh, the same without ANY mod... test it, dev, test it

14. Post #454

August 2007
    152 Posts
    i found many-many bugs... when i clicking by the cursor between the letters, i see how cursor blinks far left from clicked place

next second bug: cannot close the programs using X button... only shutdown works =(

third bug: if on first personal computer i will install some programs, after that i'll create another computer i see there the same programs as in first, but they don't launch

fourth bug :D
    if from first created computer i'll print something into public chat (ChatServ), the on second comp i'll print something, then if i'll look at the first computer' i'll see that nick from first computer is a nick from second computer!

fifth bug... if i'll reconnect (after third bug) from both computers and will print something, the history string by string will be replaced by new string beginning from above of the chat-text-view-window...

i'll nothing to say... just install servers, routers, ChatServ's, print, look, see thousands of bugs... anyway the addon is very cool, but i don't trust it for this time
    We are aware of the cursor. It also doesn't detect the correct click position all that well in terms of which letters you clicked between

There must be a conflict or error if you cant use the X button

The third and fourth bugs are just weird and we have never seen them before

We are aware of the replace thing

15. Post #455
    January 2009
    751 Posts
    another two =\

if i'll get the install disc tool and create some computers and then i'll telete them, and then again i'll create anothers, this weapon will not work (only after spawning it agian).

Cable tie wont weld even if i'll use Weld tool

16. Post #456

August 2007
    152 Posts
    have you tried deleting gmod then installing it fresh?

17. Post #457
    January 2009
    751 Posts
    yes. i got cleanest gmod :D

but mistaked about cable tie bug... it's okay. but doesnd weld to world (it's okay for me), but welding to props is okay.

okay, let's back to bugs. printer wont print words. it spams into console with this messages and makes all textures substract themselves!!! look at the screenshot:

after that if ill print my document on a local target, a document would be blank.

next bug: cant weld any pcmod prop to another prop or world (cable tie without "Weld" checked too)

next bug: text in chat can be out of bounds (screen)

and next bug is happened when i walked away from the screen, this bug is - duplicating last two messages:

next one: if ill look at the screen (use) with the camera weapon (as you remember, it's invisible gun in first person), and then i'll quit it, i'll see pistol model

also, i'll ask too: have you tried to fix or check all of bugs that i found?

18. Post #458
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,945 Posts
    The printloc error spam is fixed in the SVN version. (Fixed)

The camera weapon thing can't be fixed, due to the fact there is no way of telling if a swep has the view model hidden by default or not. (Gmod limitation).

Text off the screen, unless I missed something, there is no way to mask stuff without using hacky derma. (Gmod limitation).

The cable tie thing, never actually heard of that one before, there's no reason why it shouldn't weld to world - do you have a prop protect maybe?

There is no relationship between the install disk and the targeted PC tower before or after installing stuff. Deleting a PC will have no effect on the install disk swep, and so something else must be causing the problem not deleting the PC. Never heard of that bug either.

And yes, we are checking all the bugs you are posting. Most of them we know about, and some we have never ever heard about before. We know PCMod can be quite buggy, but there are only 2 people working on it in our spare time so you can't expect some faultless high quality product.

19. Post #459
    January 2009
    751 Posts
    you can solve text-off-the-screen problem just like in wire, if letters > 42 then next string, or just block entering letters =\ i dont know
    welding pcmod props is my mistake again. Weld max velocity was 800 ^_^... sorry.
    okay. i'll wait

20. Post #460
    January 2009
    15 Posts
    The printloc error spam is fixed in the SVN version. (Fixed)

The camera weapon thing can't be fixed, due to the fact there is no way of telling if a swep has the view model hidden by default or not. (Gmod limitation).

Text off the screen, unless I missed something, there is no way to mask stuff without using hacky derma. (Gmod limitation).

The cable tie thing, never actually heard of that one before, there's no reason why it shouldn't weld to world - do you have a prop protect maybe?

There is no relationship between the install disk and the targeted PC tower before or after installing stuff. Deleting a PC will have no effect on the install disk swep, and so something else must be causing the problem not deleting the PC. Never heard of that bug either.

And yes, we are checking all the bugs you are posting. Most of them we know about, and some we have never ever heard about before. We know PCMod can be quite buggy, but there are only 2 people working on it in our spare time so you can't expect some faultless high quality product.
    Alright, Tom.. Well, your fix worked partially. Now, the printer prints, but it still gives me that endless string of errors that I sometimes cannot stop (it gets really bad). However, it prints nonetheless. If you could fix it so that the error doesn't come up, that would be rather swell.

The error is:

pcmod/ssdevices/dev_win_printloc.lua:45: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

...which infinitely spams my console, and screen as well.

Also, I noticed that you cannot click anything in 640x480 resolution. Not that it matters or anything, just thought I'd let you know.

I had attempted to record a video of this problem, but Fraps was being stupid and wasted my time. Whatever, if you could fix that one little bug with the spam errors, then I would be eternally grateful.

Also, does anyone know where can I find and download programs for PCmod2?

21. Post #461
    January 2009
    164 Posts
    You know what would be nice? Portal models. They have some nice wide screens.

22. Post #462
    January 2009
    751 Posts
    Nooo. i havent portal

23. Post #463
    Gold Member

July 2006
    1,951 Posts
    You know - they could be in the model selection, so you can use them if you want or not.

24. Post #464
    January 2007
    81 Posts
    I was thinking, would it be possible to send text files from computer to computer on PCMod? I know that we have (what used to be known as, and now goes by a different name) GChat and AChat, but instead of having to write the whole document out again you could just send it like e-mail.

Thanks in advance to anyone who undertakes this job

P.S. If anyone feels like doing anything extra, it would be cool to have the server owner (when hosting a chat server) to see who is chatting and what about, that way, it can be reported to the police, who have to find out which computer belongs to who and arrest that person if they're talking about illegal activity in RP.

Thanks again in advance.

25. Post #465
    January 2009
    164 Posts
    You know - they could be in the model selection, so you can use them if you want or not.
    That's what I mean, have them as an option, or at least a bigger screen. Not a CSS model, like the PHX screen for instance. One that's contained in PCmod.

26. Post #466
    January 2009
    15 Posts
    So Tom, any ideas about that error? (Read my post above)

Thanks.

27. Post #467
    January 2009
    751 Posts
    I think they fixing the bugs i listed

28. Post #468
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,945 Posts
    I haven't tested with 640x480, even my dev laptop can handle 800x600. In short, turn your resolution up.

Quathan, I'll get that fixed and committed to SVN in a sec.

29. Post #469
    January 2009
    15 Posts
    Quathan, I'll get that fixed and committed to SVN in a sec.
    Tom, I downloaded the SVN update, and the fix is a success! Now the printer no longer gives me the errors, and the "print to" menu comes up fine.

Thanks again.

30. Post #470
    January 2009
    751 Posts
    Okay, thanks. Just let me know when I should update my SVN.
    Not your personal army.

31. Post #471
    October 2007
    176 Posts
    This isn't /b/, and he isn't exactly telling Tom to do something bad for him. It's simply a human another human to do them a tiny favour, not raid a bank.

Also, Excecuted Rat, did you actually PAY for your version of GMod? Or do you have GMod 9?

32. Post #472
    January 2009
    751 Posts
    Yes i paid 9.99$. No, i got latest version of gmod through Steam client.

33. Post #473
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2009
    2,716 Posts
    This mod is made of awesome! Good Job.

34. Post #474
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,405 Posts
    Where's the server?

35. Post #475
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,945 Posts
    I shut it down because the provider was too expensive and I don't really need it anymore. I might get another one from ukgame once I have finished my GCSEs.

36. Post #476
    October 2007
    176 Posts
    Not if you start college you won't. Haha. (Unless you are at college, my bad.) And if you have a job, i hate you.

37. Post #477
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,945 Posts
    There's like a 4 month holiday between end of school and start of college. Plenty of time to work on stuff and require a server to test it all.

Wait, I will probably be working in the holidays...

38. Post #478
    January 2007
    81 Posts
    Can we have a Starbank for PCMod 2? It was brilliant in PCMod 1, but now more server are running PCMod 2. It would be brilliant to have, if anyone, or philxyz (if he was up for it) tried to do a PCMod 2 version of it :D

39. Post #479
    October 2007
    176 Posts
    Working involves a job, which is damn near impossible to get now. Unless you have one, which means i still hate you. xD. I never really used Starbank myself. I'd like to try it though.

40. Post #480
    January 2007
    81 Posts
    Man, I have been searching for RP servers for PCMod 1 or 2, found quite a few, but on all of them, they either disable toolguns, or have PCMod 1 or 2 as admin only! This is starting to get very annoying! All I want to do is play on RP with PCMod it's hard now :(.