1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    936 Posts
    I just realized all steamids were changed a bit. It wasn't the actual numbers at thew end but the beginning which makes it a little better but not really. Here's what I mean.
    My old steamid: STEAM_0:1:20914***
    My new steamid: STEAM_1:1:20914***

I just want to know, is this EVERYONE or just some people.
    Does anyone know anything about this? If it stays like this I'm going to have to edit a bunch of files that check steamid and save files based on them.

It even fucked up some garrysmod stuff. Restart gmod, and start a singleplayer and shoot around look at huds. A bunch of shit doesn't work. Your player in scoreboard is unconnected. Huds don't work right. ect And some lua functions don't work like Player:Alive() that's the only one I really checked but I'm sure other player functions don't work also.

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    3,702 Posts
    Steam ID's shouldn't change... There a fixed thing..

3. Post #3
    December 2007
    192 Posts
    Isn't STEAM_1 a Valve employee SteamID?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    3,702 Posts
    I dunno, mine is Steam_0:1:1507****

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    936 Posts

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    936 Posts
    I dunno, mine is Steam_0:1:1507****
    Restart gmod.

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    735 Posts
    Wonderful. Valve just fucked with every server owner in one update. Also, there is a SteamKey size error when connecting to un-updated servers.

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    936 Posts
    Wonderful. Valve just fucked with every server owner in one update. Also, there is a SteamKey size error when connecting to un-updated servers.
    Yea I have my servers down until I find out about it. It's gunan be a pain in the ass if they stay like this.

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    735 Posts
    Singleplayer is fucked over too. Scoreboard says you're "unconnected", ammo doesn't go down, and your steamid is STEAM_1:0:0

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,860 Posts
    What's going on here... This is like that time the one SDK update broke half the tools in GM9, sort of.

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,821 Posts
    What's going on here... This is like that time the one SDK update broke half the tools in GM9, sort of.
    Valve's servers are outputting ids incorrectly, servers can't handle it and kick you for it. I don't think this is confined to gmod and I think it'll be fixed soon.

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    735 Posts
    Valve's servers are outputting ids incorrectly, servers can't handle it and kick you for it. I don't think this is confined to gmod and I think it'll be fixed soon.
    You can connect to updated servers correctly, it's just the un-updated servers that refuse the new steamkeys.

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,821 Posts
    You can connect to updated servers correctly, it's just the un-updated servers that refuse the new steamkeys.
    I can't connect to any at all, but maybe I've been trying the wrong ones. I don't believe they'd just go and change steamids though considering how much that data is relied upon. I still think it's a mistake, if it isn't valve are fucking stupid.

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    936 Posts
    Steam failed

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    735 Posts
    I can't connect to any at all, but maybe I've been trying the wrong ones. I don't believe they'd just go and change steamids though considering how much that data is relied upon. I still think it's a mistake, if it isn't valve are fucking stupid.
    Mmhmm, although the change does make sense, as STEAM_0 means unknown or invalid and STEAM_1 is public.

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    1,253 Posts
    Yup, everybody has new SteamID's thats just totally fucked with my database's

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    936 Posts
    Mmhmm, although the change does make sense, as STEAM_0 means unknown or invalid and STEAM_1 is public.
    That's what I noticed. I'm pretty sure it's just steam messed up.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,821 Posts
    The SteamID format could of course be improved, but the point is they just can't do things like that. People use steamIDs for bans, accounts, everything to do with their games. They are the one thing that can never change about a user. Changing the format of them would really piss off a whole lot of their community. It makes absolutely no sense at all to do so. Then again it's valve, lol.

Yup, everybody has new SteamID's thats just totally fucked with my database's
    If these changes are supposed to be there then it'd be trivial to convert them across the formats. It's just annoying as fuck.

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    735 Posts
    Think we should convert, or wait it out and see if Valve fixes?

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,821 Posts
    Think we should convert, or wait it out and see if Valve fixes?
    Wait, obviously. You don't want to go converting databases when they haven't announced this before hand or even given us some "update news" about it.

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    1,253 Posts
    I've shut down all my servers until I know what the hell is going on.

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    266 Posts
    Imagine how many emails they are getting right about now.

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,795 Posts
    Even valve managed to be late for friday 13th.

24. Post #24

April 2008
    3 Posts
    Even valve managed to be late for friday 13th.
    This made me lol :lol:

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    3,702 Posts
    Yep. Steam id's are now Steam_1:1, instead of Steam_0:1.

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    936 Posts
    yep. Steam id's are now steam_1:1, instead of steam_0:1.
    no way!

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    3,702 Posts
    In addition to that, all gamemodes that secure stuff based on players steam id's are broken.

28. Post #28
    December 2007
    238 Posts
    There is only one thing to explain this...

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    1,253 Posts
    In addition to that, all gamemodes that secure stuff based on players steam id's are broken.
    Yet again, no way!?!?

30. Post #30
    August 2008
    31 Posts
    Temporary half'ish fix ... It works for MP server for adv dupe and permission mods.
    http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=695003

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    936 Posts
    Temporary half'ish fix ... It works for MP server for adv dupe and permission mods.
    http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=695003
    That's a retarded fix. The real fix is to go do something else like play in the street or go make some food and watch tv while you wait.

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,714 Posts
    I think this is just effecting orangebox games.. My steam id is the same according to Counter-Strike.

"STEAM_0:1:9326998" be mine.

33. Post #33
    February 2008
    18 Posts
    That's a retarded fix. The real fix is to go do something else like play in the street or go make some food and watch tv while you wait.
    Yeah what a retarded fix, lets just not play gmod anymore and hope by some miracle that garry fixes it and not do anything about it.

and yeah, CS:S works fine for me too.

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,714 Posts
    Confirmed it being just an orangebox thing.

In gmod my steamid = STEAM_1:1:9326998
    In CSS my steamid = STEAM_0:1:9326998

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    3,702 Posts
    So they just cloned steam ID's? Now everyone's account has two steam ID's associated with it...
    Maybe it's for VAC? This way when they ban by engine, they just ban a Steam ID?

36. Post #36
    February 2009
    3 Posts
    I love it when shit like this happens :D

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    936 Posts
    Yeah what a retarded fix, lets just not play gmod anymore and hope by some miracle that garry fixes it and not do anything about it.

and yeah, CS:S works fine for me too.
    Haha, well first off not garrys fault, second time i told you. And you will live without garrysmod calm the fuck down, like i said go play in the street or something.

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    936 Posts
    So they just cloned steam ID's? Now everyone's account has two steam ID's associated with it...
    Maybe it's for VAC? This way when they ban by engine, they just ban a Steam ID?
    YOU JSUT GAVE ME AN IDEAR! Maybe I can get on my old account that is vac banned with all this chaos.

39. Post #39

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    3,702 Posts
    What? No I'm not running the HALF LIFE DEDICATED SERVER tool to fix this.