1. Post #121
    sarcastic bastard
    October 2005
    5,085 Posts
    I really wonder how much work will they have to do...    If we forget about solving how many companions died, we got two endings, which changed the galaxy. In the good ending where you saved the council, actually nothing really changed, but I think no matter who you selected, I'm sure they would say Anderson was picked in the end. In the bad ending, I'm sure Udina would give a fuck who you think should be the chairman and took the place. They might have to make almost two storyline for each decision. Of course, developers might just say the aliens were so angry they didn't let you make that only-human council.   
    I don't think it'll be that simple to be honest. Bioware are good enough to pull off something as unimaginable as    completely changing huge sections of the game.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #122
    M_B
    Also a fellow SHART fangirl
    September 2005
    18,096 Posts
    Fuck yes, this awesome game doesn't deserve to be on the PS3!
    i don't see how limiting the game's sales would benefit it. please, explain.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

3. Post #123
    I'll donate $1,000 to a site that's based around chance but not $1 to a site that provides a community service :C
    February 2007
    33,088 Posts
    Yup. PC, Xbox 360, PS3 as far as I'm concerned.

But since EA is the publisher (right?), my guess is that it'll hit DS, PSP and Wii aswell, because that's just how EA roll.
    They better release it for the Atari or I'm going to be pissed.

4. Post #124
    Dennab
    September 2007
    727 Posts
    I really want to get mass effect 2, is it worth picking up the first one?

5. Post #125
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    6,803 Posts
    I really want to get mass effect 2, is it worth picking up the first one?
    Yes, if you like RPGs and don't mind a lot of (well written) dialogue.

6. Post #126
    sarcastic bastard
    October 2005
    5,085 Posts
    Yes, if you like RPGs and don't mind a lot of (well written) dialogue.
    Don't forgot sweet alien sex.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #127
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    14,955 Posts
    Yeah, sad that you couldn't    screw both Liara and Williams (at the same time)   , my space-pimp won't be complete without that...
    In JE (the Bioware game released before) you could do that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events

8. Post #128
    sarcastic bastard
    October 2005
    5,085 Posts
    Yeah, sad that you couldn't    screw both Liara and Williams (at the same time)   , my space-pimp won't be complete without that...
    In JE (the Bioware game released before) you could do that.

9. Post #129
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,826 Posts
    I     still wish they gave you more options than just williams and liara. what about tali? :q:

or all three... 

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #130
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    1,543 Posts
    Hasn't BioWare mentioned that it's wise to keep your saves since that affects Mass Effect 2's story?

Of course, I really wonder how they can incorporate EVERYONE'S stories in there since you can't predict how a player was or what decisions he made.

Maybe it's like having an add-on like Shivering Isles in Oblivion or the DLC for Mass Effect already out...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Philippines Show Events

11. Post #131
    May 2008
    91 Posts
    Mass Effect was my favorite console game of all time, perhaps. It was almost perfect in every aspect. Hopefully I'll be able to play Mass Effect 2 when it's released.

Edit:
       I imagine the saved games that carry over will check the major decisions you've made in the game (such as your love-story choices, whether or not you killed Wrex, let the council die, and who you chose to head the new council) and your overall standing in the game, paragon or rebel-wise, and apply those to various events and doings in the sequel. It'll probably affect things such as dialogue options pertaining to Shepard and his crew, the history and codex entries you can read of about him, and probably some major story elements. Most of it would probably be executed similarly to how your chosen background in the first game was. You know;

"Wow, Commander Shepard! I heard what you did on [blank] when [blank] happened! Is it true that [blank]?" 

12. Post #132

May 2006
    9,040 Posts
    Mass Effect was my favorite console game of all time, perhaps. It was almost perfect in every aspect. Hopefully I'll be able to play Mass Effect 2 when it's released.

Edit:
       I imagine the saved games that carry over will check the major decisions you've made in the game (such as your love-story choices, whether or not you killed Wrex, let the council die, and who you chose to head the new council) and your overall standing in the game, paragon or rebel-wise, and apply those to various events and doings in the sequel. It'll probably affect things such as dialogue options pertaining to Shepard and his crew, the history and codex entries you can read of about him, and probably some major story elements. Most of it would probably be executed similarly to how your chosen background in the first game was. You know;

"Wow, Commander Shepard! I heard what you did on [blank] when [blank] happened! Is it true that [blank]?" 

Meaning that the length of ME2 could be what it'll be + atleast 2/3 times more depending on the multiple different playthroughs someone has on ME1.

Can't wait.

13. Post #133
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    14,968 Posts
    Things I want in this:
    Space Battles
    More vehicles
    Diverse weapons, so they don't all just look exactly the same with a different coat of paint
    NO TEXTURE POP-IN
    Nothing that looks anything close to Matriarch Benezia's cleavage.

14. Post #134
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,571 Posts
    The story carrying on from the first game sounds interesting, but does this mean if we want a different story, we'll have to go back and play Mass Effect 1 differently?

15. Post #135
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,826 Posts
    NO TEXTURE POP-IN
    what do you mean? specular?

also, about the weapons, I think it's alot cheaper(performance wise) to make a new texture for each one than to make an individual model.

16. Post #136
    August 2008
    171 Posts
    Wouldn't it be nice if they would have a system where you can choose from a list what you did in the first game in case you lose your save games? I've still got them on my computer and am scared that I could lose them. It would be the death of my very own Polter Shephard!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events

17. Post #137
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    14,955 Posts
    Wouldn't it be nice if they would have a system where you can choose from a list what you did in the first game in case you lose your save games? I've still got them on my computer and am scared that I could lose them. It would be the death of my very own Polter Shephard!
    That, or that it reads your old saves and fills the list on it's own (which is what I think it will do).

18. Post #138
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    14,968 Posts

also, about the weapons, I think it's alot cheaper(performance wise) to make a new texture for each one than to make an individual model.
    So that when a cutscene or something plays, it doesn't looks like a blurry, pasty, pile of shit for five seconds and then all of the textures just show up. And I don't care how much cheaper it is, it break immersion if I trade in my assault rifle for a new one that's exactly the same except it's red and the numbers are slightly different. The only thing that looked different was the Pulse Rifle.

19. Post #139
    March 2007
    407 Posts
    I wouldn't quite agree there, yes it looked good(past those texture problems mentioned before), had good story, writing, and voice acting, but the main storyline felt short and underwhelming, the endings didn't really differ all that much, there wasn't any real drive to explore the galaxy, as nearly all the planets were exactly the same, and the side-quests were depthless, repetitive, and never really tied into anything else. (   except for that series of missions involving Admiral Kohoku and Cerberus, which I thought was pretty interesting.   )

20. Post #140
    February 2006
    341 Posts

No, it decreases game size, HD disc's are simply not big enough.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events

21. Post #141
    I'll donate $1,000 to a site that's based around chance but not $1 to a site that provides a community service :C
    February 2007
    33,088 Posts
    So that when a cutscene or something plays, it doesn't looks like a blurry, pasty, pile of shit for five seconds and then all of the textures just show up.
    I'm guessing your playing on a console?

22. Post #142
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    14,968 Posts
    I'm guessing your playing on a console?
    Yeah, I got it the day it came out on 360. The only other game that pissed me off as much with that was Halo 2.

23. Post #143
    May 2008
    91 Posts
    I'm sure they will have something along those lines for new character creation if you don't have any previous saves you'd like to load in.
    It might be done similarly to how to "GOAT" in Fallout 3 was done, with an in-game questionnaire that asks you about what you would do in certain situations. Or they might do it like KOTR2 (which would be stupid). Some little bastard runs up and screams, "HAY YOU KNOW COMMANDER CHSEPARD? HE SAVED THE GALAZY BUT WAIT DID HE DESTROY THE UNIVERSUS ENTIER LEADERSQUAD OR DID HE SAEV THE<? I DONT REMEMBR. ALSO DID HE BONE THE LARIAA OR THE ASSLEY?"

24. Post #144
    February 2007
    33,088 Posts
    Yeah, I got it the day it came out on 360. The only other game that pissed me off as much with that was Halo 2.
    Good thing I bought it for the PC then.
    No graphical glitchs. :D

25. Post #145
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    2,070 Posts
    I hope they fix the overheat bug in Mass Effect 2. Pissed me off so much in Mass Effect 1.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events

26. Post #146
    February 2009
    12 Posts
    I hope the make it more like Oblivion and Fallout 3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

27. Post #147
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,544 Posts
    I hope they fix the overheat bug in Mass Effect 2. Pissed me off so much in Mass Effect 1.
    Same, I also hope they work on the low FPS problem. I'm assuming that it's gonna be optimized for installation on the 360, so that it'll run smoother.

Also, 4 player co-op would be nice, if executed properly. Nonetheless, I can't wait to play the game. Hopefully the main story will be a little longer.

28. Post #148
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    203 Posts
    yesssss
    That was so annoying, having to reload a save game all the time because of that bug

29. Post #149
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    203 Posts
    Same, I also hope they work on the low FPS problem. I'm assuming that it's gonna be optimized for installation on the 360, so that it'll run smoother.

Also, 4 player co-op would be nice, if executed properly. Nonetheless, I can't wait to play the game. Hopefully the main story will be a little longer.
    If you can only bring 2 companions, 4 player coop wouldn't work... 3 player coop would work

30. Post #150
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    14,968 Posts
    I hope the make it more like Oblivion and Fallout 3.
    Nonono. That is bad, Mass Effect is a linear RPG, like KOTOR. I've had enough of the freeroam.

31. Post #151
    sarcastic bastard
    October 2005
    5,085 Posts
    No, it decreases game size, HD disc's are simply not big enough.
    I remember reading that Bioware had to cut a lot of content because they couldn't fit it all on the 9GB dual layer discs that the 360 uses.

32. Post #152
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,544 Posts
    If you can only bring 2 companions, 4 player coop wouldn't work... 3 player coop would work
    Companion count could always be upgraded.

33. Post #153
    sarcastic bastard
    October 2005
    5,085 Posts
    Companion count could always be upgraded.
    But the trouble is even with two other companions, I regularly found myself fighting against my own team for cover.

34. Post #154
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    14,955 Posts
    Nonono. That is bad, Mass Effect is a linear RPG, like KOTOR. I've had enough of the freeroam.
    Exactly, linear RPGs are better than free-roam RPGs.

Good examples are the Bioware games. NWN1 and 2, KOTOR, JE and ME are all great games, all of them much better than Morrowind, Oblivion or Fallout 3, altough freeroams are still good.

35. Post #155
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    2,070 Posts
    I remember reading that Bioware had to cut a lot of content because they couldn't fit it all on the 9GB dual layer discs that the 360 uses.
    Consoles hinder greatness. I wish Bioware would just make it a PC game then port it to 360 and cut what they need while leaving the PC version with complete glory.

36. Post #156
    February 2007
    33,088 Posts
    Completely 100% agreed.

37. Post #157
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    8,239 Posts
    Consoles hinder greatness. I wish Bioware would just make it a PC game then port it to 360 and cut what they need while leaving the PC version with complete glory.
    hell no

38. Post #158
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    2,070 Posts
    Hell yes, the PC port of ME1 was already far superior than it's console counterpart. If they would just design the game the way they wanted with no limitations then the game would just dominate.

39. Post #159
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    8,239 Posts
    oh look, another stupid arrogant console-basher.

also, they DID design the game the way they wanted in ME1. Considering the game's fanbase is mostly on consoles, BioWare would most likely go bankrupt with a retarded move like that.

40. Post #160
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,368 Posts
    Hell yes, the PC port of ME1 was already far superior than it's console counterpart. If they would just design the game the way they wanted with no limitations then the game would just dominate.
    hell no