1. Post #241

July 2009
    18 Posts
    No offense, but there isn't really a point to this. You can just open the steam web browser.
    acually ther is a point steam browser is glitchy

2. Post #242
    February 2010
    167 Posts
    It's not glitchy, the point about gm_chrome is so you can make a browser and turn it into a projector for your personal Garry's Mod reasons. And it's really hard to link a game on the Steam Community In-Game menu, so it's nearly impossible to link the Steam Browser on GMod, but only Garry can do it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #243
    Noi
    Purrr ~
    February 2010
    1,152 Posts
    looks awesome, thanks :)

4. Post #244
    October 2008
    1,208 Posts
    Have some one an idea what the function BASS.p_PendingChannels of gm_bass does or returns?

5. Post #245
    December 2008
    84 Posts
    Awesome binaries! But I still have some problems.

The first problem is this:

Why does it copy the site infinitely? And why is it always quadratic?
    Is there any way to fix this?

And this is the next problem:
    I can only use a 1024x512 texture. If I'm going to use 512x512 there are some HLČ textures drawn(randomly), and the whole thing doesn't work.

6. Post #246
    October 2008
    1,208 Posts
    Awesome binaries! But I still have some problems.

The first problem is this:

Why does it copy the site infinitely? And why is it always quadratic?
    Is there any way to fix this?

And this is the next problem:
    I can only use a 1024x512 texture. If I'm going to use 512x512 there are some HLČ textures drawn(randomly), and the whole thing doesn't work.
    You need to set the flags in the vtf file: Clamp S, Clamp T, Clamp U, Clamp All, no Mipmap, No Level Of Detail, Procedural and Anisotropic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

7. Post #247
    December 2008
    84 Posts
    Thanks, works now.

8. Post #248
    October 2008
    1,208 Posts
    Gm_chrome is broken since last update, it crashes the game on start up.

9. Post #249
    Isn't it not needed anymore since HTML uses WebKit? Or it would be if all HTML panels weren't just blank now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #250
    July 2009
    6,138 Posts
    Isn't it not needed anymore since HTML uses WebKit? Or it would be if all HTML panels weren't just blank now.
    Pretty much right. Webkit is a but buggier for things that animate a lot though.

11. Post #251
    October 2008
    1,208 Posts
    You cant do a controllable 2d3d browser with the WepKid of the engine...

12. Post #252
    You can fix the animate bug by oscillating the size of the panel.

13. Post #253
    September 2009
    921 Posts
    So wait, is gm_chrome confirmed to be broken by the latest object. If it is (i'm gonna sound dumb here) how do i make a controllable 3d2d panel without it?

14. Post #254
    October 2008
    1,208 Posts
    How do I make a controllable 3d2d panel without it?
    This^ ...

15. Post #255
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    758 Posts

16. Post #256
    October 2008
    1,208 Posts
    I just made a small documentation of gm_bass.

Code:
    BASS.StreamFileURL(url string, unknown int (use -1), callback function(channel, errorcode int)) -- opens a stream (given with url string), set an unknown int (the 2nd argument) and calls set a callback function. The callback function returns a channel if it can played else it returns nil and the errorcode returns a int it returns nil if there no errors.
    channel = BASS.StreamFile(sound file string) -- Returns a channel.
    BASS.SetPosition(position vector, velocity vector, angle angle, up vector) -- Set the position of player, for creating 3d would sound. 
    BASS.p_PendingChannels() -- Unknown.

channel:play() -- Plays the channel.
    channel:pause() -- Pauses the channel.
    channel:stop() -- Stops the channel.
    channel:setvolume(float) -- Set the volume.
    channel:setposition(number seconds) -- Set the playing position.
    channel:set3dposition(position vector, forward vector, velocity vector) -- Set the position of the sound, for creating 3d would sound.
    channel:getlength() -- Returns the length of the playing sound.
    channel:getposition() -- Returns the start point of the playing sound.
    channel:getplaying() -- Returns if a sound is playing.
    channel:fft2048() -- Returns the spectrum table (table with 1024 floats).
    channel:getlevel() -- Unknown.
    channel:getrawtag(unknown int) -- Unknown.
    channel:gettag(format string) -- Returns the tags formated by the given format string.
    There are some functions that I don't know, I hope you can use it. ;)

17. Post #257
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    1,349 Posts
    I just made a small documentation of gm_bass.

Code:
    BASS.StreamFileURL(url string, unknown int (use -1), callback function(channel, errorcode int)) -- opens a stream (given with url string), set an unknown int (the 2nd argument) and calls set a callback function. The callback function returns a channel if it can played else it returns nil and the errorcode returns a int it returns nil if there no errors.
    channel = BASS.StreamFile(sound file string) -- Returns a channel.
    BASS.SetPosition(position vector, velocity vector, angle angle, up vector) -- Set the position of player, for creating 3d would sound. 
    BASS.p_PendingChannels() -- Unknown.

channel:play() -- Plays the channel.
    channel:pause() -- Pauses the channel.
    channel:stop() -- Stops the channel.
    channel:setvolume(float) -- Set the volume.
    channel:setposition(number seconds)  -- Set the playing position.
    channel:set3dposition(position vector, forward vector, velocity vector) -- Set the position of the sound, for creating 3d would sound.
    channel:getlength() -- Returns the length of the playing sound.
    channel:getposition() -- Returns the start point of the playing sound.
    channel:getplaying() -- Returns if a sound is playing.
    channel:fft2048() -- Returns the spectrum table (table with 1024 floats).
    channel:getlevel() -- Unknown.
    channel:getrawtag(unknown int) -- Unknown.
    channel:gettag(format string) -- Returns the tags formated by the given format string.
    There are some functions that I don't know, I hope you can use it. ;)
    Wrong thread?

18. Post #258
    July 2009
    111 Posts
    I have followed the instructions in the readme but the browser isn't there (entries)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Bulgaria Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #259
    October 2008
    1,208 Posts
    I have followed the instructions in the readme but the browser isn't there (entries)
    The browser broke some gmod updates ago.

20. Post #260
    October 2008
    9 Posts
    No offense, but there isn't really a point to this. You can just open the steam web browser.
    Thats funny, whenever i open my steam overlay it closes after because the game hasn't rendered a frame in over 10 seconds :|
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Late Late x 2 (list)

21. Post #261
    January 2009
    138 Posts
    Does this work for 64 bit cause I crash every time i try anything :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

22. Post #262
    October 2008
    1,208 Posts
    It's broken.

Edit: The game crashes when you try to require it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #263
    February 2010
    167 Posts
    It's broken.
    Is it still broken? I hope someone else can actually make a BROWSABLE webpage. D:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Late Late x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #264
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    2,024 Posts
    Will this ever be fixed?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #265
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    629 Posts
    Will this ever be fixed?
    Don't really need it to be fixed, do we?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

26. Post #266
    October 2008
    1,208 Posts
    Don't really need it to be fixed, do we?
    Gm_chrome was a lot easier to use if you want to do 3d2d stuff (what it was designed for) and it was less prone to crash. The Steam/Source/Gmod browser functions are not designed for the fancy 3d2d stuff and tends to crash more often.

BTW: The Awesomium license is Free for commercial Indie game makers, so Garry could fix it and add it to gmod, but to get this license garry must earn less than $100k a year with his company, that could be a problem.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

27. Post #267
    July 2010
    1,458 Posts
    You can do this fine with 3d2d. No reason for garry to buy a license.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #268
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,432 Posts
    Would anyone be willing to fix this yet?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #269
    December 2011
    1,137 Posts
    I don't think it's worth it anymore, there's many other ways to make a plugin like this without gm_chrome, look at physx
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Lua King Lua King x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

30. Post #270
    July 2007
    285 Posts
    GMod Tower has a fixed version on their repository. Get the Awesomium binaries here http://gmodtower.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ and the module here http://gmodtower.googlecode.com/svn/...ludes/modules/.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Informative Informative x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

31. Post #271
    October 2008
    1,208 Posts
    No source code of the fixed version?

32. Post #272
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    860 Posts
    There were no source code changes to chrome in the fixed version, only in the SDK. I believe I had to add a virtual destructor to IVTFTexture.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

33. Post #273
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    276 Posts
    Pretty awesome module. I've been avoiding using it since its considerably more work for me as the coder, and some people are just scared of things that even try to use modules, but now that it's in gmod 13 it's quite exciting! I dont know if Garry used your implementation of it or not but either way it's a WIN.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Late Late x 1 (list)

34. Post #274

December 2012
    3 Posts
    [QUOTE=AzuiSleet;14009381]This is my second attempt at a browser in gmod. LLMozLib had too many issues, but Awesomium reached a stable point, and shows a lot of potential. This is my binding for it in gmod.

This uses Awesomium! http://princeofcode.com/awesomium.php

http://code.google.com/p/gmodmodules/
    http://code.google.com/p/gmodmodules...runk/gm_chrome[/QUOTE

how to instal the Awesomium! module pls reply
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Dumb x 4Winner x 2Friendly x 1Optimistic x 1Funny x 1 (list)