1. Post #401
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    14,953 Posts
    Bumping this because Humble bundle 3 has Hammerfight and I expect threads to start popping up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #402
    April 2009
    1,183 Posts
    Best game in HIB3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 11Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #403
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    14,953 Posts
    Going to clean up the OP a bit tomorrow.

Also I hate when I start working up circular momentum to swing the flail, then notice that I am swinging around the flail, not the flail swinging around me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #404
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    5,218 Posts
    I remember playing the fuck out of this game. Wish it had online multiplayer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

5. Post #405
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    14,953 Posts
    I remember playing the fuck out of this game. Wish it had online multiplayer.
    Online multiplayer would be fucking awesome. I'm happy that this game is on the bundle, maybe that means the developer is still active and working on a sequel (or another game).

6. Post #406
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    3,256 Posts
    I played the demo years ago, and for some reason the game feels harder than I remember.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #407
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    2,994 Posts
    Holy fuck does this game make me rage like a mofo. Seriously, I don't remember when was the last time a game got me this mad, not even super meatboy did this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #408
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    5,218 Posts
    It is better to actually control your swings rather than just whipping it around in circles as you try to fly close to people.

Hell, the sickle weapon (very small, super sharp) can rip fully armored enemies apart if you use it as a stabbing weapon. Just stab it into them and rip it out, it'll fuck their shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #409
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    14,953 Posts
    It is better to actually control your swings rather than just whipping it around in circles as you try to fly close to people.

Hell, the sickle weapon (very small, super sharp) can rip fully armored enemies apart if you use it as a stabbing weapon. Just stab it into them and rip it out, it'll fuck their shit.
    Swinging madly doesn't get you anywhere in this game, you only end up crashing against a wall. However flails and wrecking balls benefit from extra momentum (you still have to swing it, but if you swing it at the right point it gains extra momentum from the circular rotation, ends up in a instakill often).
    I love the gems though, nothing like the wrecking ball under you giving off arcs of lightning to any metal nearby.

Edited:

Oh and fuck enemies with explosives.

10. Post #410
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,065 Posts
    I'm on level 31 in the arena

So much RAGE.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #411
    Yandere Princess
    April 2010
    22,216 Posts
    How decent is this? It looked interesting and is the only game from the Humble Bundle 3 I don't have so I was thinking about just buying it through Steam.

12. Post #412
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    2,006 Posts
    How decent is this? It looked interesting and is the only game from the Humble Bundle 3 I don't have so I was thinking about just buying it through Steam.
    Find out yourself.

Just sent you a Humble Bundle steam code. Have fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 14Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #413
    Yandere Princess
    April 2010
    22,216 Posts
    Just sent you a Humble Bundle steam code. Have fun.
    You are awesome, thanks a lot man!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

14. Post #414
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,556 Posts
    Oh damn I love this game... I had the most fun with the huge wrecking balls and flails. :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #415
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    5,218 Posts
    A good tactic is to use flails as a counterweight.

As in, use a long blade and a heavy flail, lock them together. Instead of using the flail as your main weapon, try to hit people with the blade. The flail ripping around on the backside gives the blade way more swinging power than normal. Very sharp light blades that normally don't do much because of their weight become obliterating weapons. Often times you can get them to swing so hard that they go right through armor and just kill the guy outright.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #416
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,322 Posts
    I did that with the normal dagger knife thing, but without the flail. It's easy to just destroy their armor and nearly kill them with it. Then I switched over to that longer thin gold like sword.

17. Post #417
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    1,520 Posts
    Who else remembers when this was just a half created game, Hammerfall?

I still have it in a backup of mine :D

I feel so hipster right now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

18. Post #418
    Yandere Princess
    April 2010
    22,216 Posts
    Holy crap this game is hard. The flail is nearly impossible to aim once you have some decent momentum on it. Took me 20 tries just to beat part 2 of the tutorial...

19. Post #419
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    5,218 Posts
    Holy crap this game is hard. The flail is nearly impossible to aim once you have some decent momentum on it. Took me 20 tries just to beat part 2 of the tutorial...
    Play around with sensitivity settings, even if it means editing the config. Putting them to be very high really makes the game easier.

20. Post #420
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    15,381 Posts
    i remember when i downloaded the demo and got stuck on the second level because i sucked.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #421
    Yandere Princess
    April 2010
    22,216 Posts
    Play around with sensitivity settings, even if it means editing the config. Putting them to be very high really makes the game easier.
    I've got sensitivity maxed. I don't think the game is built for a trackball though. I'm using one of these:

I had trouble on Amnesia with those valves you had to rotate too. Trackballs don't seem to be very good at that sort of motion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

22. Post #422
    October 2009
    596 Posts
    Trackballs
    Are they even useful for anything?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Denmark Show Events Zing Zing x 8Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #423
    Yandere Princess
    April 2010
    22,216 Posts
    Any sort of 3d shooter actually. I have a far easier time on them than with a mouse. And for most games they work just as good, just not ones that involve circular motions like this one needs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #424
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    1,164 Posts
    Oh wow! I remember Hammerfall. That was great stuff. Too bad I spent my last $50 on a little birthday happiness for my mom. Oh well though, she deserved it. I remember how cool those gems were, I bet they added to them lots?

25. Post #425
    November 2009
    1,973 Posts
    This is an 09 thread, he has bad spelling ratings, perhaps we should let this thread die?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 33 (list)

26. Post #426
    Yandere Princess
    April 2010
    22,216 Posts
    Um... Why? The game isn't dead is it? The thread isn't suddenly shitty just because it's old.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #427
    January 2009
    1,047 Posts
    This game is hard as hell. Man, I always get massed by the little tiny copters with the blades and get massacred. How am I supposed to change my weapon anyway? I'm on the level immediately after you fight the giant worm thing in the dark.

28. Post #428
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    2,006 Posts
    Just gave it a shot, seems an ok game, that worm level with the team mate is annoying as fuck though he just gets in the way.

Edited:

This is an 09 thread, he has bad spelling ratings, perhaps we should let this thread die?
    And that my friend is why you are not a moderator.

29. Post #429
    February 2011
    103 Posts
    This game is really damn difficult. Either that or I suck at it, cause I am having lots of trouble on the first few levels.

30. Post #430
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    455 Posts
    All you have to do it turn your mouse sensitivity way up

31. Post #431
    I was nice to a hobo once and he bought me this title
    May 2010
    5,942 Posts
    I've got sensitivity maxed. I don't think the game is built for a trackball though. I'm using one of these:

I had trouble on Amnesia with those valves you had to rotate too. Trackballs don't seem to be very good at that sort of motion.
    God damn why does this mouse even exist
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #432
    October 2009
    59 Posts
    Goodness, this game uses my entire mousepad.

33. Post #433
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    7,193 Posts
    I broke my mouse
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

34. Post #434
    Yandere Princess
    April 2010
    22,216 Posts
    God damn why does this mouse even exist
    Why shouldn't it exist? I've been using mine for about two years. The only times I've ever had issues with it are in Hammerfight and Amnesia.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

35. Post #435
    Bold Member
    October 2006
    3,803 Posts
    Badass game. Love it so far.

36. Post #436

February 2010
    3,109 Posts
    I don't get how do you fire the guns ? and is there any way to pick up more than two weapons or have only one out at a time ?

37. Post #437
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,902 Posts
    To fire the guns you scroll until the gun is highlighted then click.

Also, this is the best physics-based game ever made.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

38. Post #438

February 2010
    3,109 Posts
    To fire the guns you scroll until the gun is highlighted then click.

Also, this is the best physics-based game ever made.
    Well.. that's the first thing i tried, it just triggers pickup.

39. Post #439
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    2,042 Posts
    First you get the gun that is lopsided, IE: When you fire it, it jerks off to one side.

Then you get a nice heavy weapon and link it to the gun, and right before you hit an enemy, fire the gun, it'll multiply your damage by incredible amounts. Also FUCK Kamar's Pendulum.

40. Post #440
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    5,218 Posts
    This game is hard as hell. Man, I always get massed by the little tiny copters with the blades and get massacred. How am I supposed to change my weapon anyway? I'm on the level immediately after you fight the giant worm thing in the dark.
    You can't change your weapon sometime into the campaign, until you unlock the weapons hall.

I'm assuming you're talking about the early mission where you have to defend the blimp/worm thing from the wasps.

One thing that makes a massive difference is the side of the weapon you're using. Hitting things with the blunt side of a blade won't do nearly as much damage as using the sharp side. To flip the weapon over, select it on the weapons wheel and right click. Helps when you change what direction you're swinging.

Also, most bladed weapons are not meant for chopping. Axes are for chopping. In order to get the best results with a bladed weapon, drag the weapon away the enemy. It's a hard motion to describe, but just think of it as if you're cutting with a razor blade. You don't jam a razor into whatever you're cutting, you put it against the object and slide it down the surface. So, with bladed weapons, you make contact with enemies and instead of trying to bring the weapon through the enemy like you would with a flail or axe, you pull away from the enemy as the blade is coming in contact.

Do it right and you'll see a little award popup thing that says "slice" or "cut," something along those lines.

I've had this game for a looooooong time and I've thoroughly mastered it, haha. I can do the survival mode until the area is so full of enemy parts that it crashes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)