1. Post #601
    December 2008
    983 Posts
    So glad I put an amethyst into a relic blade, the thing tears up machines and armor like a monster.

2. Post #602
    October 2009
    720 Posts
    A couple questions:

Is there a way to store gems or do you just hold on to them?

Is there a way to change weapons you can buy in the shop, or does it just choose weapons you can buy for you?

3. Post #603
    Saged, Hidden, Reported, Filtered & Called the cops
    June 2008
    4,419 Posts
    A couple questions:

Is there a way to store gems or do you just hold on to them?

Is there a way to change weapons you can buy in the shop, or does it just choose weapons you can buy for you?
    You just hold onto the gems.
    It chooses what weapon you can buy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

4. Post #604
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    3,740 Posts
    Just bought the Humble Indie Bundle. I look forward to playing this (And crayon physics)

5. Post #605
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,421 Posts
    Stuck on the sword training level. I'm not even getting close.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #606
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    5,218 Posts
    Stuck on the sword training level. I'm not even getting close.
    You mean the game where they throw baskets at you and you have to hit them? As has been said before, don't just swing it around in circles and try to hit things that way. Stay still and react to where baskets and shit come from with single controlled swings. You don't have to hit things hard with a sword, the edge takes care of doing damage for you.

I personally fucking hate the hammerball or whatever it's called level where you have to hit the rocks straight up. I just suck complete ass at it, which is retarded because I'm a master at everything else. I hate hammers so much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #607
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,538 Posts
    I personally fucking hate the hammerball or whatever it's called level where you have to hit the rocks straight up. I just suck complete ass at it, which is retarded because I'm a master at everything else. I hate hammers so much.
    I must have played (and failed) that level about 6 times before I went beserk and started flying around the level smashing everything up and killing as many spectators as I could
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #608
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    9,454 Posts
    Is there a way to switch what weapon appears in the store? I bought like 5 crappy weapons I don't really care about, then the next one to show up is the best flail in the game. I'm not even a high enough rank to buy it.

9. Post #609
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,421 Posts
    You mean the game where they throw baskets at you and you have to hit them? As has been said before, don't just swing it around in circles and try to hit things that way. Stay still and react to where baskets and shit come from with single controlled swings. You don't have to hit things hard with a sword, the edge takes care of doing damage for you.

That's what I do, then the flaming ones always get me.

10. Post #610
    April 2010
    1,959 Posts
    I got 1000 3 times in the first half, then fucked around for a bit at that level...
    Constantly spin the hammer slowly so you always have some momentum. When the ball reaches you do counter-clockwise spins as fast as you can, try to time it so you hit it at 3 o'clock. This will get you 1000-1400. Also, I hate hammers too so I don't know how I'm good at this.

11. Post #611
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    5,218 Posts
    Is there a way to switch what weapon appears in the store? I bought like 5 crappy weapons I don't really care about, then the next one to show up is the best flail in the game. I'm not even a high enough rank to buy it.
    High enough rank? Wat.

It's all based off of how much money you have. Also, you can't choose what weapons to buy, you just have to buy the shit ones before you can buy the good ones.

12. Post #612
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,322 Posts
    The old hammerball, AKA the thing where you have to hit the rocks as high as possible, is really easy.
    I got almost 3000 on my first try.

13. Post #613
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    5,218 Posts
    I normally just hit the balls with the chassis itself. Can get upwards of 1000 doing that, by the time I'm too damage to do it again I don't need much more to go.

14. Post #614
    April 2010
    1,959 Posts
    I died in the hammerball arena. In the last much too. Fuck.

15. Post #615
    December 2008
    983 Posts
    High enough rank? Wat.

It's all based off of how much money you have. Also, you can't choose what weapons to buy, you just have to buy the shit ones before you can buy the good ones.
    Some weapons have like a flag pictured and it says you need a rank to buy it. I'm not sure quite how it works but I've been getting it too.

16. Post #616
    December 2009
    823 Posts
    FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT HAMMER LEVEL.
    I need less than 100 points and the last ball bugged the hell out.
    I'm going to rage sleep.

17. Post #617
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    2,042 Posts
    I want a weapon with large enough sockets so that I can put 3 size 3 gems in it, closest I can get is strife though. Strife with ice gems is hilarious. Everything freezes just by being around it, I don't even need to hit anyone to freeze them.

18. Post #618
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,556 Posts
    wow how do i beat the huge tentacle rape robot? and where do you even get gems from? also can i disable all the ridiculous flags and jewelry floating about my machine? i can't see shit.

19. Post #619
    July 2010
    2,527 Posts
    i tried the game and this is basically what i think of it

someone wanna change my mind?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Mexico Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #620
    Gay Member #1
    Dennab
    November 2009
    5,517 Posts
    no because its not our loss if you dont enjoy it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #621
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,322 Posts
    Learn to play. That guy did nothing but spin around randomly. He spun around the weapon.

22. Post #622
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    2,042 Posts

videosnip

Good lord that was the worst review I've ever seen. If you're going to base your decision on whether or not to buy the game on THAT video, I pity you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

23. Post #623
    Gay Member #1
    Dennab
    November 2009
    5,517 Posts
    funny review though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

24. Post #624

February 2010
    3,109 Posts
    funny review though
    Funniest part was the annotation that said Dragon age 2 is an awesome game... tehehehe
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #625
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,421 Posts
    Oh god.

The schythe looking weapon and the long flail never stop spinning at full speed if you combine them

It even keeps spinning in the menu.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #626
    Saged, Hidden, Reported, Filtered & Called the cops
    June 2008
    4,419 Posts
    Oh god.

The schythe looking weapon and the long flail never stop spinning at full speed if you combine them

It even keeps spinning in the menu.

What's the exact name of the "scythe"?

27. Post #627
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    2,042 Posts
    What's the exact name of the "scythe"?
    High Saian, also lies and slander, I tried that, but they didn't spin at all.

28. Post #628
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,421 Posts
    High Saian, also lies and slander, I tried that, but they didn't spin at all.
    Mine's still spinning. It may have had to do with how I picked it up or somehing. I'll try it on my other character.

Ah, figured it out. You have to right click to flip the blade, then it starts spinning up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

29. Post #629
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    2,042 Posts
    Mine's still spinning. It may have had to do with how I picked it up or somehing. I'll try it on my other character.

Ah, figured it out. You have to right click to flip the blade, then it starts spinning up.
    And then I was invincible.

30. Post #630
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    946 Posts
    the 1v2 hammerball is some bullshit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

31. Post #631
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    1,365 Posts
    fuck enemies with those cannons that shit out like a billion tiny explosives.
    They explode and cause the game to lag and the screen to blur. Also they kill you in one hit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

32. Post #632
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,435 Posts
    the 1v2 hammerball is some bullshit
    That's what all hammerball is.

Why do you go against the robotic worm things? Why not another helicopter with a hammer?

33. Post #633
    Worst Member
    July 2009
    7,919 Posts
    Aw, I just finished the game for the first time and got the bad ending.
    Also yeah, I was just about to come here to whine about the enemies that spew out those tiny as fuck overpowered barrels of doom. Fucking frustrating.

Edited:

And I hate it when in hammerball the opponent just pushes the ball along the floor to my goal. They're just unstoppable when they do that.

34. Post #634
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    5,218 Posts
    They don't quite spin at "full speed." At least not nearly as fast as I normally swing weapons.

In regards to the flail/scythe glitch.

35. Post #635
    Dennab
    November 2009
    2,472 Posts
    I'm really bad with swords, I just like crushing through the enemies shield with my iron ballchain. The start of the game was so damn confusing though, I didn't know what the selector on the bottom right did and once I accidentally threw my weapon away and took forever to find it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #636
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    3,615 Posts
    god it is so great to annihilate the worms in Grim by sending your allies flying into them, or watching those mini-sophits slam themselves into the walls.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #637
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,322 Posts
    Nothing more satisfying than throwing a whirlwind at the enemies. Ritor + Saian = awesomeness.
    The Ritor has a large and a small sapphire in it, while the Saian has a small emerald in it.
    Ritor provides loads of damage, while the Saian provides safety.

38. Post #638
    December 2008
    983 Posts

I accidentally killed my ally in a boss fight with this, and proceeded to completely wreck the boss.

39. Post #639
    April 2010
    1,959 Posts

Even that video couldn't make the game look bad, and he really tried.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Israel Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

40. Post #640
    December 2008
    983 Posts
    I accidentally killed my ally in a boss fight with this, and proceeded to completely wreck the boss.
    Unfortunately it's still inferior to timed swings.

Also, how do you unlock arena mode?