1. Post #881
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,598 Posts
    ^ Ahhh likewise, I thought they were both fighting tournaments and the latter one was harder, and now I am stuck on 2v1 Hammerball.

2. Post #882
    August 2009
    389 Posts
    ^ Ahhh likewise, I thought they were both fighting tournaments and the latter one was harder, and now I am stuck on 2v1 Hammerball.
    Same, those fuckers always knock me out before I hit the ball.

3. Post #883

August 2008
    257 Posts
    I am terrible at this game, I even lost on the part where all you have to do is hit an enemy who isn't attacking.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

4. Post #884
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    4,030 Posts
    god damn is there cheats or something for the part when    you're lying in a pile of broken robots and they keep fucking coming out and there's explosions ABSOLUTELY FUCKING EVERYWHERE and you start out with an incredibly tiny amount of health and a shit hammer   

Edited:

Same, those fuckers always knock me out before I hit the ball.
    Why the hell do they even give those invincible robots guns?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

5. Post #885
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    7,210 Posts
    How do you unlock machine weapons?

6. Post #886
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,891 Posts
    Oooo, how do you get the colossus?

7. Post #887
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    3,557 Posts
    How do you unlock machine weapons?
    I stole mine. I don't know if there's any way to get them after you finish the campaign.

Edited:

Oooo, how do you get the colossus?
    I bought mine. I think you can get it once you get far enough in the arena.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #888
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    7,210 Posts
    So I'm playing Grim for some stones. I'm doing fine, got to whatsitname and killed him and was about to get the gem when my teammate decided now was the perfect time to launch an explosive barrel. I try again about 4 more times with me getting blown up by my teammate. When I finally killed him SURPRISE! No gem.
    I hate you AI

Edited:

Well I got the last sapphire
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #889
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    3,740 Posts
    I changed the value of m_weapon lock to -1, because I heard that it unlocks all the weapons in the hall, but all it did was remove all of the weapons. I checked back, and the value reset to 0. What am I doing wrong?

10. Post #890
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    7,210 Posts
    Try some really high number?

11. Post #891
    July 2009
    1,693 Posts
    It is impossible to beat the Hammerball gamemode.

The robots have arms that they can move anywhere they want while you only have a stupid wooden hammer that you have to swing it to work, also, the different types of ball only make you more mad -- You're winning? okay we'll drop a ball in the last minute that will make your enemy score points that is even higher then you already have.

I can only beat the second stage with a little bug I found -- every time someone score a point, press Esc, then everything will be stopped but the ball will still spawn, then you go smash the ball into their goal as soon as you can and repeat.

When I finally reach stage 3, you know what? You'll have to fight THREE robot at once, is this even possible to beat? Also, if you die, YOU HAVE TO START ALL OVER AGAIN, how am I supposed to beat it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Hong Kong Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

12. Post #892
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    3,740 Posts
    Try some really high number?
    Still didn't unlock anything. And it reset itself back to 0

13. Post #893
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    17,958 Posts

The robots have arms that they can move anywhere they want while you only have a stupid wooden hammer that you have to swing it to work, also, the different types of ball only make you more mad -- You're winning? okay we'll drop a ball in the last minute that will make your enemy score points that is even higher then you already have.

I can only beat the second stage with a little bug I found -- every time someone score a point, press Esc, then everything will be stopped but the ball will still spawn, then you go smash the ball into their goal as soon as you can and repeat.

When I finally reach stage 3, you know what? You'll have to fight THREE robot at once, is this even possible to beat? Also, if you die, YOU HAVE TO START ALL OVER AGAIN, how am I supposed to beat it?
    Hammerball isn't fun. Why would you play the gamemode on your own terms.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #894
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    7,210 Posts
    To get the relic hammer thiing

15. Post #895
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,891 Posts
    Still didn't unlock anything. And it reset itself back to 0
    http://www.facepunch.com/threads/715...1#post18200027

-1 doesn't work anymore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

16. Post #896
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    3,740 Posts
    Fuck and I forgot to back up my profile.

Welp, back to unlocking via story mode.

Edited:

I typed in 1337 and it unlocked a bunch of hammers and a mace, but nothing else
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #897
    August 2008
    9 Posts
    Fuck and I forgot to back up my profile.

Welp, back to unlocking via story mode.

Edited:

I typed in 1337 and it unlocked a bunch of hammers and a mace, but nothing else
    Try "30786325577470". It's just the stuff I've unlocked, but I'm not missing many weapons.

18. Post #898
    July 2009
    1,693 Posts
    Oh god after I messed around the m_value thing I made my ice gem sword overpowered, it will frozen everything except you near it, and it can even frozen itself and if you hit too hard, it breaks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Hong Kong Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #899
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    3,740 Posts
    Try "30786325577470". It's just the stuff I've unlocked, but I'm not missing many weapons.
    Actually I typed in -1 in the general profile thing, and started a new game

All the weapons unlocked

Edited:

Still trying to find the value for gold
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

20. Post #900
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    7,210 Posts
    While looking around in the Player file, I found a bit where it defines the Gemstone that is inside my Dayram's Hammer:

I'm going to test changing the improvement m_value to see if that makes the lightning even stronger.
    Then, I'll test m_new to see if I can cause it to appear in my inventory.

EDIT: WHOA. Changed the value to 8. Lighting spews everywhere! Making a quick video.
    Haha
    Changed my sapphire value to 15
    everything shatters upon impact but my sword breaks easier too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #901
    Bold Member
    Dennab
    October 2006
    3,815 Posts
    Haha
    Changed my sapphire value to 15
    everything shatters upon impact but my sword breaks easier too.
    Here is 1 sword frost 8, another fire 8 on either side. Frost is EXTREMELY OP. You just go NEAR your enemy with it and they turn into ice, 1 or 2 hits kills them. ANYTHING frozen shatters when hit. I will try level 15 frozen hammer. Also, you don't need to have a slot to use these effects.

As you can see, my sword is frost 8 no slots. Here's a simple tutorial.

1. Use some text editor and open your player_xx.seria file
    2. CTRL+F and find the name of your weapon, sometimes it is shortened. For example, my Strife was named strife.
    3. Once you find the weapon, look below until you find some code like below
    Code:
    m_new=false
    4. Right below that, start a new line and put in the code below.
    Code:
    m_improvements=134217731
    {
    m_classname=Improvement
    m_code=134217731
    m_active=1
    m_type=2
    m_value=15
    }
    5. The last 2 values, m_type and m_value are what you want to play with. Value is the strength of the effect, type is the type obviously. So far I have found these types.
    1 - Fire
    2 - Frost
    3 - Arcane ?
    4 - Lightning

I have yet to do anymore than that. If your weapon already has a slot, look for the name of the gem. Say it was called 'flaming ballsack gem'. Just look for that. You will find all of the same kind of data. Just again look for the value and type attributes and play with them. I do not know the limit of the value, but I assume it's fairly low.

Edit: I modified this tutorial a LOT after seeing the game auto format my shit.

Edit2: These effects will only stay if you keep the weapon. Putting it back in the hall loses it since it isn't gem slotted. It appears 1 - 4 are the only available effects.

Edit3: Wow god damn my hammer lasted like 10 blows and exploded. Welp, that sucks :v

Edit4: You can do multiple improvements, but holy crap your weapon dies so fast... Also, my game crashed having level 15 every type after 1 fight.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #902
    July 2009
    1,693 Posts
    protip : put a ruby in your weapon, change it's value to 100, then "touch" your enemies with your weapon.

Edited:

5. The last 2 values, m_type and m_value are what you want to play with. Value is the strength of the effect, type is the type obviously. So far I have found these types.
    1 - Fire
    2 - Frost
    3 - Arcane ?
    4 - Lightning

I have yet to do anymore than that. If your weapon already has a slot, look for the name of the gem. Say it was called 'flaming ballsack gem'. Just look for that. You will find all of the same kind of data. Just again look for the value and type attributes and play with them. I do not know the limit of the value, but I assume it's fairly low.

Edit2: These effects will only stay if you keep the weapon. Putting it back in the hall loses it since it isn't gem slotted. It appears 1 - 4 are the only available effects.

Edit3: Wow god damn my hammer lasted like 10 blows and exploded. Welp, that sucks :v

Edit4: You can do multiple improvements, but holy crap your weapon dies so fast... Also, my game crashed having level 15 every type after 1 fight.
    having VERY HIGH frost will break your weapon.
    arcane = ruby, it heals you when you hit somebody, it will also blow away your enemy when you hit them.

Edited:

oh my god you can put effects on GUNs if you use the method above.

well only works for those with a blade on it since it only "use" the effect if you melee something with it.

Edited:

oh god I broke the game with my value 200 ruby hammer, I hit an enemy and it goes through a wall and disappear.

Edited:

okay I broke the game again in grim, after I hit a bee with my hammer my game crash.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Hong Kong Show Events Funny Funny x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

23. Post #903
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    3,740 Posts
    protip : put a ruby in your weapon, change it's value to 100, then "touch" your enemies with your weapon.
    How do you find the value to modify it, exactly, if it's already existing

24. Post #904
    July 2009
    1,693 Posts
    How do you find the value to modify it, exactly, if it's already existing
    equip your weapon that has the gem you want to modify, exit the game, open to gamefolder/save/profile0X.seria, find m_value, check the if it is the gem you want to modify (it will have a name of what is it above), if it is, change the m_value to an amount you want.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Hong Kong Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

25. Post #905
    Bold Member
    Dennab
    October 2006
    3,815 Posts
    oh my god you can put effects on GUNs if you use the method above.

well only works for those with a blade on it since it only "use" the effect if you melee something with it.
    Use lightning. It will work no matter what. :) I considered attempting lightning armor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #906
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    3,740 Posts
    equip your weapon that has the gem you want to modify, exit the game, open to gamefolder/save/profile0X.seria, find m_value, check the if it is the gem you want to modify (it will have a name of what is it above), if it is, change the m_value to an amount you want.
    I put in one level 1 ruby and the m_type is 7 in the config. Is that normal?

27. Post #907
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    14,974 Posts
    Here is 1 sword frost 8, another fire 8 on either side. Frost is EXTREMELY OP. You just go NEAR your enemy with it and they turn into ice, 1 or 2 hits kills them. ANYTHING frozen shatters when hit. I will try level 15 frozen hammer. Also, you don't need to have a slot to use these effects.

As you can see, my sword is frost 8 no slots. Here's a simple tutorial.

1. Use some text editor and open your player_xx.seria file
    2. CTRL+F and find the name of your weapon, sometimes it is shortened. For example, my Strife was named strife.
    3. Once you find the weapon, look below until you find some code like below
    Code:
    m_new=false
    4. Right below that, start a new line and put in the code below.
    Code:
    m_improvements=134217731
    {
    m_classname=Improvement
    m_code=134217731
    m_active=1
    m_type=2
    m_value=15
    }
    1 - Fire
    2 - Frost
    3 - Arcane ?
    4 - Lightning

Set my Strife to 50 frost, now I smashed every single weapon in the hall.

Edited:

Even the ropes that hold up the announcers "screen" are froze.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

28. Post #908
    July 2009
    1,693 Posts
    Set my Strife to 50 frost, now I smashed every single weapon in the hall.

Edited:

Even the ropes that hold up the announcers "screen" are froze.
    you should try 1000 ruby or 100 lighting.

Edited:

I am uploading an video of me playing with my value 1000 hammer.

29. Post #909
    Wnd
    October 2010
    1,601 Posts

You get 2 robots at level 3 and it was quite easy if you ask me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Azerbaijan Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #910
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    14,974 Posts
    you should try 1000 ruby or 100 lighting.

Edited:

I am uploading an video of me playing with my value 1000 hammer.
    Tried 5000 on every type. Fire I did not see much difference, Lightning insta-killed anything that came near you, while frost froze pretty much the entire arena, itself included.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #911
    Bold Member
    Dennab
    October 2006
    3,815 Posts
    Tried 5000 on every type. Fire I did not see much difference, Lightning insta-killed anything that came near you, while frost froze pretty much the entire arena, itself included.
    Yeah, fire sucks honestly. It's way weaker in effect and capabilities compared to the others. Uploading a video too of a level 15 lightning mortar with 0.1 reload time and 10 shots per clip. :v

32. Post #912
    July 2009
    1,693 Posts
    You get 2 robots at level 3 and it was quite easy if you ask me
    I mean the gamemode, not in the solo

33. Post #913
    Bold Member
    Dennab
    October 2006
    3,815 Posts
    Well, here's my video. It is shaking like its on acid, but ignore that... I fucked up on my export from premiere pro.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

34. Post #914
    August 2010
    2,074 Posts
    Jesus linked swords can be devastating. I can rip my opponents in half with those. But they are REALLY hard to use effectively.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #915
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,908 Posts

I beat it, so it's not impossible.

36. Post #916
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    3,740 Posts
    Fuck I'm having a hard time editing the config. Can someone post example code of a modded weapon with a gemstone, so I can find it?

Edited:

Nevermind I found out how. Broke my sword of arjuna in one hit

37. Post #917
    December 2009
    5,102 Posts
    I still have no fucking idea how to change my weapon.

Still using the first default mace.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #918
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,631 Posts
    I still have no fucking idea how to change my weapon.

Still using the first default mace.
    You unlock the hall (armoury with all your weapons) when you are freed from slavery. You pick up weapons by holding left click and touching the hitting part. You drop weapons by selecting it and holding right click.

Edited:

The hall is filled with weapons you buy or get rewarded in missions, as well as weapons picked up from disarmed opponents.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #919
    August 2010
    263 Posts
    How do you get the mortar cannon?

40. Post #920
    June 2010
    2,493 Posts
       I joined the machines   
    Now I am a badass lord. I don't even think it's a bad ending - I saved many people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)