1. Post #961
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,453 Posts
    Flails (Iron Cast Ball, Spiked ball) > Everything.

Take distance, spin the chain, get closer at the right time and BAM! Instant metal wall paste. Bonus points if you got the Fire gem in it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

2. Post #962
    dubstep
    August 2005
    4,197 Posts
    This game is the fucking shit.

I hope he returns, updates it, or possibly makes a sequel (with multiplayer and more awesomeshit).

This game with 12v12 multiplayer on huge maps would be fucking epic, all the players with their own weapon/amour combinations fighting alongside eachother would be totally sweet.
    From bottom of last page.

Do you reckon he'd add multiplayer if we all emailed requesting it?

3. Post #963
    I HAVE A ROTARY BECAUSE ITS GODDAMN AWESOME!
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts

Take distance, spin the chain, get closer at the right time and BAM! Instant metal wall paste. Bonus points if you got the Fire gem in it.
    I want to see what an ice gem can do in one of the very heavy flails..Can never seem to get one though. Always fire or healing.

4. Post #964
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,836 Posts
    I want to see what an ice gem can do in one of the very heavy flails..Can never seem to get one though. Always fire or healing.
    I haven't gotten a single ice gem, i get too many ghost ones.

5. Post #965
    Dennab
    July 2009
    1,602 Posts

What is the iron cast ball for, I imagine you combine it with a chain to create a flail?

where do you get the chain?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Portugal Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #966
    August 2010
    263 Posts
    All flails are overpowered as fuck. No exceptions.

7. Post #967
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,836 Posts
    All flails are overpowered as fuck. No exceptions.
    Other than the last on you get they are mostly shit against those annoying little saw robots since they can be a little hard to aim properly.

8. Post #968
    August 2010
    263 Posts
    The saw flail is easy. The stone and iron ones are easy too. All the ones I tried so far are extremely easy to use.

9. Post #969
    Dennab
    July 2009
    1,602 Posts
    damn, the colossus is perfect for that worm killing mode, they drop more coins

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Portugal Show Events Funny Funny x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #970
    I was nice to a hobo once and he bought me this title
    May 2010
    5,951 Posts
    My only gripe with the game so far is sometimes there's so many explosions and enemies on the screen that you can't find your character and end up slamming yourself against a wall a few times.

That and the fact that it's hard as shit at parts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

11. Post #971
    October 2009
    724 Posts
    Okay I sent an e-mail asking them to update the Steam version, we'll see what happens I guess.

12. Post #972
    I DRAW SEALS
    March 2009
    6,089 Posts
    Aw man. Is there any other ending besides    being stuck in the abyss for all eternity   ?

I felt really bad at that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #973
    April 2010
    1,975 Posts
    Aw man. Is there any other ending besides    being stuck in the abyss for all eternity   ?

I felt really bad at that.
    There are 2 others, both are gained by     refusing to join the bad guys   

14. Post #974
    December 2008
    505 Posts
    My mouse wheel is fucked on my g5, scrolling does nothing, is there a way to change the key mapping so I don't have to use the scroll wheel to scroll through the inventory.

15. Post #975
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    July 2005
    1,397 Posts
    Man I fucking love this game. On my first playthrough I was using flails, the mesyazc with a ruby in it and a small sword. Obliterated everything to be honest.

But I thought, flails are awesome, but screw that, I'm gonna make a sword character!
    So then I linked two blades together and shit was cash. In one match, the other guy was laying on the ground being all "have mercy D:", and I just hovered over him casually with the tip of my sword touching his vehicle and then I just moved down and he exploded into a glorious rain of satisfaction.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Denmark Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #976
    Dennab
    July 2009
    1,602 Posts
    I'm rich !
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Portugal Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

17. Post #977
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    4,150 Posts
    Just finished the game, awesome.

Although when i lose my train of thought I seem to get images of this game in my head and a feeling as if my head in following the motion of my mouse movement, I haven't even been playing the game that long today.

Cool game though, firey flail for the flailing win!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #978
    Dennab
    November 2009
    2,472 Posts
    I swear that gascan spam gun is the most annoying thing ever. The ear ringing sound, blurred vision, coins being blown away, and the fact that the main reason I die because of them are my retarded grim teammates don't help either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #979
    October 2009
    724 Posts
    I swear that gascan spam gun is the most annoying thing ever. The ear ringing sound, blurred vision, coins being blown away, and the fact that the main reason I die because of them are my retarded grim teammates don't help either.
    How do you kill your teammates in Grim anyways, sure I have a heavy shield which I use more often than I should probably but still this is irritating and I might want to steal their equipment. I've only seemed to be able to do it almost completely by accident and with several hits when they just derp and get in the way.

20. Post #980
    I DRAW SEALS
    March 2009
    6,089 Posts
    Ok nevermind about the other endings. the part where you're thrown into the abyss with no items at half HP is just pure rage.

Screw it, where's the cheat codes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

21. Post #981
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    1,520 Posts
    How do you kill your teammates in Grim anyways, sure I have a heavy shield which I use more often than I should probably but still this is irritating and I might want to steal their equipment. I've only seemed to be able to do it almost completely by accident and with several hits when they just derp and get in the way.
    Slam their weapon with a hard hit, "overkill" and it'l knock it out of their ship.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #982
    Gold Member

November 2007
    8,432 Posts
    Are you talking about the one that fires these yellow missile type things or the one that spams around 20 dynamite looking things? I definitely think the second one is more annoying simply because it's a never ending stream of explosives.

23. Post #983
    October 2009
    724 Posts
    Ok nevermind about the other endings. the part where you're thrown into the abyss with no items at half HP is just pure rage.

Screw it, where's the cheat codes.
    Press G, I'm pretty sure it's godmode.

24. Post #984
    October 2010
    2,836 Posts
    Okay, I would like to apologize about some statements I made earlier in this thread. This game is NOT random or impossible. for some reason, a drive ron my pc messed up my sensitivity and made it nearly impossible to boost or hit enemies properly. I am now in love with this game.

Please pity me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 8 (list)

25. Post #985
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    946 Posts
    I keep losing Arena matches to last minute javelin tosses to my cranium

I roll up with my flail raised high above my head ready to deal the final blow when the dude stops being unconscious and throws a spear at me and I explode everywhere
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

26. Post #986
    August 2010
    263 Posts
    Okay, I would like to apologize about some statements I made earlier in this thread. This game is NOT random or impossible. for some reason, a drive ron my pc messed up my sensitivity and made it nearly impossible to boost or hit enemies properly. I am now in love with this game.

Please pity me.
    I forgive you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5 (list)

27. Post #987
    October 2009
    724 Posts
    Is it possible to edit out a stone out of a weapon somehow? I see people have made some stones ridiculously powerful but I still don't have the hang of putting stones into weapons and put a small stone into a large slot in the gift sword you get from the arena.

28. Post #988
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    5,218 Posts
    I keep losing Arena matches to last minute javelin tosses to my cranium

I roll up with my flail raised high above my head ready to deal the final blow when the dude stops being unconscious and throws a spear at me and I explode everywhere
    Instead of finishing them off, bury them under debris after you fuck their shit. Bonus points if they aren't even incapacitated yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

29. Post #989
    March 2010
    764 Posts
    i want the sword mastery trial to have a face so i could punch it
    :downsrim:

30. Post #990
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,855 Posts
    This game becomes so much fun after you pass the first chapter.

31. Post #991
    Head Poster
    April 2009
    1,764 Posts
    How do you get "grim" mode? Is that worm killing mode mentioned above? Id so, how do I get that?

32. Post #992
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,446 Posts
    Go down the hard path of missions at the start.

If you didn't, make a new character and do them. It'll unlock for all characters.

33. Post #993
    Head Poster
    April 2009
    1,764 Posts
    How far do you have to go? I'm at the "captured as a slave" part and haven't unlocked it.

34. Post #994
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,446 Posts
    It's like... the third mission? When you get your first choice of missions, go down the "hard" path. After you beat the next mission it'll unlock for every character.

35. Post #995
    January 2008
    2,339 Posts
    Holy shit the other weapons are so much more powerful then the starting ones.

I did hard mode and I was like, "THIS GAME IS SO HARD". Then I got the Ibis' Claw from the fortuna box and I was like... DIS SO EASY.

36. Post #996
    Dennab
    November 2009
    2,472 Posts
    Another way to kill teammates in grim is to use a lighting gem thing, i think it does damage to them, probably minor though.

37. Post #997
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    15,070 Posts
    This game is ludicrously difficult and then ludicrously easy and then ludicrously difficult and so on and so on. It's like a difficulty rollercoaster.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #998
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,492 Posts
    I completed the game with starter sword with a large ruby and the first gun you get

39. Post #999
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    17,958 Posts
    There really shouldn't be any teammates in grim. All they're doing is teamkilling me with bombs, making it harder to collect money by causing constant useless explosions, getting in my way, and stealing my money/kills.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

40. Post #1000
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    762 Posts
    There really shouldn't be any teammates in grim. All they're doing is teamkilling me with bombs, making it harder to collect money by causing constant useless explosions, getting in my way, and stealing my money/kills.
    I just launch them into the worms using my flail.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)