1. Post #1
    April 2007
    1,093 Posts
    Since the other tiberium addon by Lynix kinda died i decided to make my own addon.

Entities :
    [list][*]Tiberium (Green, with a max of 2000 units of tiberium and blue with a max of 3000 units of tiberium)[*]Tiberium parent (Green and blue, these tiberium crystals grow tiberium faster than normal onces, but they only spawn normal tiberium entities)[*]Tiberium Chemical Tank (Stores 5000 units of tiberium chemicals)[*]Tiberium harvester (Harvests the tiberium around it, energy required = AmountOfTiberiumEntitys(Max of 5)*(math.random(15,50)*1.5) per second )[*]Tiberium tank (Stores 10000 units of tiberium)[*]Tiberium refiner (Refines tiberium into a more usable state, Energy required = math.random(100,300)*1.5, Tiberium required = math.random(100,300),
    Refined tiberium output = math.random(100,300)/math.random(1,1.8))[*]Refined tiberium tank (Stores 8000 units of refined tiberium)[*]Warhead factory (Creates warheads that you can combine with a tiberium missile, Energy requirement and Refined tiberium requirement depends on the warhead, check the list bellow.)[*]Tiberium Missile Launcher (Launches missiles at a specific vector in the map or straight forward)[*]Tiberium Missile (The missile than you need to equip the missile launcher with before fiering)[*]Tiberium Reactor (Uses refined tiberium to generate power, Refined tiberium requirement = math.random(50,200), Energy output = math.random(50,200)*1.5)[*]Tiberium Chemical Plant (Creates tiberium chemicals out of raw tiberium, Energy requirement = math.random(200,400)*1.5,
    Tiberium requirement = math.random(200,400), Tiberium Chemicals output = math.random(200,400)/math.random(1.5,2))[*]Tiberium infection cure (Cures a player from being infected by tiberium and adds up 20 HP with a maximum of 100 HP)[*]Growth accelerator (Accelerates the growth in a certain radius depending on the class)[*]Sonic field emitter (Prevents tiberium from growing inside the radius of this device, it also damages tiberium)[/list]
    Warheads :
    [list][*]Basic warhead (Energy requirement = 100, Refined Tiberium requirement = 200, Tiberium chemicals required = 0)[*]Advanced warhead (Energy requirement =150 , Refined Tiberium requirement = 300, Tiberium chemicals required = 0)[*]Seeder warhead (Energy requirement = 600, Refined Tiberium requirement = 200, Tiberium Chemicals requirement = 500)[*]Thermonium warhead (Energy requirement = 2000, Refined Tiberium requirement = 200, Tiberium Chemicals requirement = 2000)[*]Sonic cluster warhead (Energy requirement = 1000, Refined Tiberium requirement = 600, Tiberium Chemicals requirement = 0)[/list]
    SWeps :
    [list][*]Tiberium sprayer - Sprays tiberium at your target, right click on a tiberium tank to fill your ammo, equipping this swep makes you immune to tiberium damage.[*]Sonic grenade - Throws a grenade that will vaporize all normal tiberium entities within a 200 units radius.[*]Sonic ray - Creates a ray of sound that vaporizes tiberium and damages living objects.[*]Tiberium shard launcher - Launches a shard of tiberium that infects living creatures.[/list]

Console command :
    Serverside :
    [list][*]WTib_MaxFieldSize - The maximum amount of tiberium per field (Default 50)[*]WTib_MaxProductionRate - Growth speed of the tiberium at its maximum (Default 60)[*]WTib_MinProductionRate - Growth speed of the tiberium at its minimum (Default 30)[*]WTib_ClearAllTiberium - Removes all tiberium entities from the map[/list]
    Clientside :
    [list][*]WTib_DynamicLight - Enables/Disables the dynamic lights on the entities.[*]WTib_DynamicLightSize - The size of the dynamic lights when enabled.[*]WTib_UseToolTips - If the tiberium tooltips should be enabled.[*]WTib_UseOldTooltips - If we should use the classic or the new way of showing the tooltips.[/list]
    Changelog :

Due to lots of changes being made i do not note the changes anymore, check the SVN commit details for the changes

1.13 :
    [list][*]Tiberium will no longer spawn so close to another tiberium entity,[*]Tiberium will no longer attempt to grow upon another piece of tiberium or a player,[*]The gas effect of the tiberium sprayer now starts closer,[*]Fixed the missile launcher,[*]Added balloon tooltips to the tiberium tank and Refined tiberium tank,[*]Tiberium now emits gas when removed,[*]Tiberium now emits gas when spawned,[*]Added a tiberium seeder warhead,[*]The tiberium entities will no longer collide with the player,[*]The missile now gives more arguments to the warhead,[*]Added a sonic grenade,[*]Changed the range of the harvester from 200 units to 300 units,[*]Added a spark effect for the harvester,[*]Added a tiberium chemical plant,[*]Fixed the refinery not draining resources,[*]Moved all the variables for using the tiberium base to the shared file,[*]Added more variables to the tiberium base,[*]Added a tiberium prop (Only spawnable with Lua),[*]Added the thermonium warhead,[*]Added a small, medium and large storage tank of every resource in the tiberium addon,[*]Tiberium now properly spawns on props,[*]Added a small harvester,[/list]
    1.12 :
    [list][*]Better spawn heights for the entities,[*]Added RD3 support (Untested!),[/list]
    1.11 :
    [list][*]Different sizes and colors of gas are now possible,[*]Fixed the gas having the wrong color on the blue tiberium,[*]Fixed a typo in the gas code,[*]Added a way to set the damage of the gas,[*]Made the tiberium sprayer use the new functions,[/list]
    1.1 :
    [list][*]Added a power plant that runs on refined tiberium,[*]Fixed the tiberium sprayer,[*]I now use env_smoketrail for a better looking effect,[*]Blue and green tiberium will no longer spawn close to eachother,[*]Added a docs folder with some info,[/list]
    1.0 :
    [list][*]Initial Release.[/list]
    How can i help?
    [list][*] Post bugs and Lua errors related to this addon, but please give me some details! (When, what does not work, what error)[*] Custom model and sounds are also a nice thing to add to this addon, PM me and ill give you some more info.[/list]
    Screenshots :

Tiberium uses dynamic lights :
    http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo260/kevkev1945/gm_buttes_night0013.jpg
    Tiberium when fully grown :
    http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo260/kevkev1945/gm_btf_flatgrass0027.jpg
    Tiberium also grows on props :
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y239/tlanwarrior/gm_construct_flatgrass_v50013.jpg
    An awesome Tiberium refining tower made by a friend of mine :
    http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo260/kevkev1945/gm_flatgrass_noded_v30028.jpg
    A huge harvester made by the same person as the tower in action :
    http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo260/kevkev1945/gm_flatgrass_noded_v30024.jpg
    Credits :

These credits can be outdated, if so please notify me and i'll update the list.

Lynix : For the original tiberium models.
    kevkev : For the rest of the stuff in there.
    NightReaper : Models and icons
    Hoizen : Models
    Sn1per : For some ideas and testing help.

Download :

I recommend you the SVN since it is more updated and has more bug fixes than the garrysmod.org version :

http://wtiberium.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

For the non-svn users under us :

*Link removed*

This addon NEEDS RD2/3 or it wont work!, wire is also highly recommended although not needed :

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Dumb x 4Lua King x 3Useful x 1Bad Reading x 1Agree x 1Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    January 2009
    26 Posts
    cool.

be sure to add in a tiberium sprayer

Edit:

If you want each of that list to have a dot point, put[*] infront of each one

3. Post #3
    April 2007
    1,093 Posts
    cool.

be sure to add in a tiberium sprayer
    Sure, i'll get right on it.

4. Post #4
    January 2009
    26 Posts

-Tiberium reproduces at the right rate, but some might disagree so you might wanna add a server side var to adjust how fast.

-It grows on walls and uneven surfaces great - big bonus.

-Blue tiberium is volatile, and shouldn't be able to grow in the same area around green tiberium

-The effect when you damages it doesn't look right, dunno why.

other than that it's great

5. Post #5
    April 2007
    1,093 Posts

-Tiberium reproduces at the right rate, but some might disagree so you might wanna add a server side var to adjust how fast.

-It grows on walls and uneven surfaces great - big bonus.

-Blue tiberium is volatile, and shouldn't be able to grow in the same area around green tiberium

-The effect when you damages it doesn't look right, dunno why.

other than that it's great
    Thanks for the feedback :)

1. I did add a few console command, ill add them to the OP,
    2. -
    3. Yea i will make the tiberium react to eachother.
    4. Yea it is not really a gassy texture, if someone can make a better one please do so.

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,061 Posts
    Can I request a Tiberium-fueled power plant? I mean, can I make one?

7. Post #7
    April 2007
    1,093 Posts
    Can I request a Tiberium-fueled power plant? I mean, can I make one?
    I'll add one in the next release.

8. Post #8
    May 2005
    71 Posts
    Good job

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,061 Posts
    Thanks. I never made anything, but I thought it would be time to start (and if you base it on RD2, then it's very easy to adjust things as needed).

10. Post #10
    April 2007
    1,093 Posts
    Good job
    This means i can use your models?

Thanks. I never made anything, but I thought it would be time to start (and if you base it on RD2, then it's very easy to adjust things as needed).
    RD is very easy to use, but you want some lua help or something just ask.

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,061 Posts
    Well, I COULD need some help. I have lots of ideas to implement. For example, an entity that adds together the health of all props constrained to it then if one of the props are hit with GCombat, the entity take damage. If the collective health reaches 0, the entire contraption explodes instead of individual pieces being shot off.

12. Post #12

April 2007
    1 Posts
    I'e got question, what RD i need to use with this addon? RD, RD2, or RD3?

13. Post #13
    April 2007
    1,093 Posts
    I'e got question, what RD i need to use with this addon? RD, RD2, or RD3?
    RD2, RD should also work but RD3 is unsupported at the moment, i will however add support for it somewhere along the line.

14. Post #14
    April 2007
    1,093 Posts
    Version 1.1 released :

Changelog :
    1.1 :
    [list][*]Added a power plant that runs on refined tiberium,[*]Fixed the tiberium sprayer,[*]I now use env_smoketrail for a better looking effect,[*]Blue and green tiberium will no longer spawn close to eachother,[*]Added a docs folder with some info,[/list]
    Download :

15. Post #15
    September 2008
    16 Posts
    This message fills the console for me,

entities/wtib_warheadfactory/init.lua:37: attempt to call global 'RD_GetResourceAmount' (a nil value)
    entities/wtib_warheadfactory/cl_init.lua:5: attempt to call global 'Wire_Render' (a nil value)

It's not only warfactory but the storagetank-thingy aswell.

16. Post #16
    April 2007
    1,093 Posts
    This message fills the console for me,

entities/wtib_warheadfactory/init.lua:37: attempt to call global 'RD_GetResourceAmount' (a nil value)
    entities/wtib_warheadfactory/cl_init.lua:5: attempt to call global 'Wire_Render' (a nil value)

It's not only warfactory but the storagetank-thingy aswell.
    Yea if forgot to add to the OP that you NEED wire and RD2.

17. Post #17
    September 2008
    16 Posts
    Yea if forgot to add to the OP that you NEED wire and RD2.
    Ah ok, thanks.

18. Post #18
    April 2007
    1,093 Posts
    Version 1.11 released :

Changelog :
    1.11 :
    [list][*]Different sizes and colors of gas are now possible,[*]Fixed the gas having the wrong color on the blue tiberium,[*]Fixed a typo in the gas code,[*]Added a way to set the damage of the gas,[*]Made the tiberium sprayer use the new functions,[/list]
    Download :

19. Post #19
    May 2008
    172 Posts
    You should make this work with LS3.

20. Post #20
    April 2007
    1,093 Posts
    You should make this work with LS3.
    I am working on that now.

21. Post #21
    September 2008
    79 Posts
    kev, you have been busy lately

22. Post #22
    April 2007
    1,093 Posts
    kev, you have been busy lately
    Why is that ?

23. Post #23
    September 2008
    79 Posts
    you made updates every hour or so

24. Post #24
    April 2007
    1,093 Posts
    you made updates every hour or so
    When there are bugs i like to fix them ASAP :)

25. Post #25
    September 2008
    79 Posts
    Cool, other maps/models etc. you have to wait like at least 3 days for it to be fixed or compatible etc.

26. Post #26
    May 2008
    172 Posts
    You know what would be sweet? If you made a STOOL that fires a meteorite down on the location you pick (like a Headcrab Canister), only it's a tiberium meteorite!! In other words, a possibly custom model of a ball of rock with crystals sticking out. Once this impacts, it's stuck in the ground, and Tiberium grows around it YAY!

27. Post #27
    April 2007
    1,093 Posts
    Version 1.12 released :

Changelog :
    1.12 :
    [list][*]Better spawn heights for the entities,[*]Added RD3 support (Untested!),[/list]
    Download :

Edit :

You know what would be sweet? If you made a STOOL that fires a meteorite down on the location you pick (like a Headcrab Canister), only it's a tiberium meteorite!! In other words, a possibly custom model of a ball of rock with crystals sticking out. Once this impacts, it's stuck in the ground, and Tiberium grows around it YAY!
    Sounds like a good idea.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    September 2008
    79 Posts
    -snip-

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    580 Posts
    Yay I loved using this.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    751 Posts
    Does this actually work on RD3

31. Post #31
    April 2007
    1,093 Posts
    Does this actually work on RD3
    I added support for it in the last update, but i don't use RD3 so it is untested.

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,061 Posts
    Ahh, seeding planets with Tiberium! Fields of green...

33. Post #33
    September 2008
    79 Posts
    I added support for it in the last update, but i don't use RD3 so it is untested.
    All there is is errors for anything else than the plants

34. Post #34
    April 2007
    1,093 Posts
    All there is is errors for anything else than the plants
    Plants? what do you mean?

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    467 Posts
    I had an idea for a tiberium missile. It would use three elements; Fuel (Could be tiberium based), Liquid/Chemical Tiberium, and raw Tiberium. Rather than being dependent upon a set amount of tiberium 'ingredients' the missile would use a ratio to calculate the type of warhead it had.

If the missile had more chemicals/liquid than raw tiberium, it would act as a chemical missile, from TS, mixed with a catalyst missile from TW. Toxic clouds would form, reacting violently with any tiberium, stored, or free range.

If the missile's Raw tiberium content was greater, it would act as a Tiberium Seed missile, and plant a patch of Tiberium, the size of the field would be determined by how much chemical is in the missile. (i.e. If there's 3 parts Raw, and 2 parts chem/LQ, that would make a bigger field than a 3 part Raw, 1 part chem)

36. Post #36
    April 2007
    1,093 Posts
    I had an idea for a tiberium missile. It would use three elements; Fuel (Could be tiberium based), Liquid/Chemical Tiberium, and raw Tiberium. Rather than being dependent upon a set amount of tiberium 'ingredients' the missile would use a ratio to calculate the type of warhead it had.

If the missile had more chemicals/liquid than raw tiberium, it would act as a chemical missile, from TS, mixed with a catalyst missile from TW. Toxic clouds would form, reacting violently with any tiberium, stored, or free range.

If the missile's Raw tiberium content was greater, it would act as a Tiberium Seed missile, and plant a patch of Tiberium, the size of the field would be determined by how much chemical is in the missile. (i.e. If there's 3 parts Raw, and 2 parts chem/LQ, that would make a bigger field than a 3 part Raw, 1 part chem)
    Sounds very complicated to make though, and you can aways make your own warhead used with the missile in this pack.

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,061 Posts
    Not really, the Seeder works by "spraying" an area with IchorLQ, turning everything there into more Ichor. On the other hand, the Catalyst works by detonating and igniting all Ichor in the vicinity. Thus my idea is:
    * Seeder: Fuel, IchorLQ
    * Catalyst: Fuel, Ichor Chemicals
    * Advanced Power Plant: uses IchorLQ to generate power, but extremely volatile and destroying it is like unleashing a Catalyst missile.

38. Post #38
    March 2008
    153 Posts
    One word.

AWESOME!

39. Post #39
    March 2008
    153 Posts
    Not really, the Seeder works by "spraying" an area with IchorLQ, turning everything there into more Ichor. On the other hand, the Catalyst works by detonating and igniting all Ichor in the vicinity. Thus my idea is:
    * Seeder: Fuel, IchorLQ
    * Catalyst: Fuel, Ichor Chemicals
    * Advanced Power Plant: uses IchorLQ to generate power, but extremely volatile and destroying it is like unleashing a Catalyst missile.
    This would revolutionize spacebuild warfare. Shoot a missile, let the tiberium consume the planet, blow the fucker to the skies.

40. Post #40
    September 2008
    79 Posts
    Plants? what do you mean?
    I meant, only The tiberium can spawn with no errors if you have rd3