1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,945 Posts
    [release]GManage - Server Management System
    What is it?
    An advanced server management system for Garry's Mod 10.

What state is it in?
    Public Beta Testing[/release]

[release]Features:
    - Coding Style
    * Uses a unique 'plug' system, allowing developers to simply and quickly add or enhance functionality without editing the core system
    * Uses an internal system which is used like 'hook.Call'
    * Allows you to easily add gamemode hooks to the entire system, without calling hook.Add

- Player Control
    * Features an expandable player action list, with all the basics (kick, ban) and punishments (slay, rocket)
    * Fully privelage based - whatever a player can or can't do/use/spawn, it's determined by whether or not s/he has the privelage
    * Inherits privelages based on their usergroup

- Usergroup Control
    * Full group creation/editing/removal interface ingame, without the need for ever using a con command or editing a file
    * Full control over what privelages a group has and hasn't
    * Full control over what sweps/stools/sents a player can spawn/use

- Gui
    * Nice-looking, yet simple to use Gui
    * The gui gives ways to use ALL of GManage's functionality, thus eliminating the need for chat/console commands (other than the bind used to open the menu)
    * Nearly every part of the Gui is customisable, meaning you can extend the addon
    * The 'plugs' can be used clientside, meaning you can code your own extensions to GManage that you can use without the server needing the plugs! (As long as there is no script enforce)

- Misc
    * Comes with built-in prop protection
    * Uses a custom player ID system, so no confusion with UserID's and none of this supposed "glitch the userid or change your name so you cant get banned" crap
    * Every action that goes through GManage is logged to an appropiately named log file, so the server owner can see what the admins are up to
    * Every action that goes through GManage is also sent via chat to everyone with the 'private_chat' privelage
    [/release]

[release]Screenshots

[/release]

[release]Privelage List
    all
    none
    kick
    ban
    setgroup
    punish
    teleport
    giveprivs
    manage_players
    manage_groups
    manage_server
    manage_limits
    manage_restrict
    viewmenu
    private_chat
    noclip
    spray
    creategroup
    editgroup
    deletegroup
    changelimits
    editserversettings
    changemap
    physgun_players
    physgun_all
    toolgun_players
    toolgun_all
    status_admin
    status_superadmin

(This is meant to be an exhaustive list, but I may have missed something)
    (More can be added with ease)[/release]

[release]Download
    SVN: http://pcmod.googlecode.com/svn/gmanage/[/release]

Sorry for the bad screenshot quality, my dev laptop is pretty... well, crap.

Credits
    Me - 99.9% of the code :D
    gmt2001 - A few bug fixes and stuff
    ASSMod - Bits n bobs, like the swep enforcement code

!!!HOW TO SETUP!!!
    To add yourself, Connect to your server and type "getplayergids" in console. Find your number. Then run the command.

For dedicated Servers
    Code:
    rcon gmanage_giveowership <YourGIDNumberHere>
    For listen Servers
    Code:
    gmanage_giveowership 1
    The bind for the menu is
    Code:
    bind key +gmanager
    Feel free to post suggestions, comments etc.

AND STOP ASKING HOW TO OPEN THE DAMN MENU!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic x 3Useful x 2Dumb x 2Funny x 1Bad Spelling x 1Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    YYZ
    March 2009
    15 Posts
    Cool. Finally a viable alternative to ULX / AssMod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

3. Post #3
    Creator of Exsto
    January 2009
    1,049 Posts
    Cool. Finally a viable alternative to ULX / AssMod.
    That.

And your achievements library was good too. This would be pretty good if used correctly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    YYZ
    March 2009
    15 Posts
    Also you spelled privileges wrong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Useful Useful x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,945 Posts
    Setting up from Scratch
    The addon comes (well it will when released) with two uneditable groups, aka "Hard" groups. These are: 'owner', 'restricted'. The owner has the "all" privelage, which means he automatically holds every privelage in existance. The restricted has the "none" privelage, which is the exact opposite. The default group when someone joins is restricted.

It is up to you as the server owner to create the usergroups, the first being "guest" (or whatever you want to call it) and set the default group accordingly. (All of which is as easy as clicking some buttons an typing a name.)

Edit:
    Oh damn, I knew I spelt privelages wrong somewhere. Thankfully the backend names it "privs", so it's just a Replace All in notepad++.

Edit2:
    Job done. Was quicker than I thought.

Edit3:
    Stupid spelling error. I've done the same thing everywhere, even in my posts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

6. Post #6
    metromod.net
    October 2007
    1,087 Posts
    Holy shit, this is advanced! I love it!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events

7. Post #7
    Minecraft Servers
    August 2007
    167 Posts
    Amazing, love it, its something new.

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,945 Posts
    I haven't managed to get swep spawn restricting to work, I can't find the hook you use to restrict it on the wiki. Other than that, everything else seems to be working and I'm at the stage of beta testing and extra feature adding. More than likely this will involve adding more 'plugs', such as more player actions and more control over what players can/can't do.

(Note, you can turn noclip on/off for individual players by giving/taking the privilage from them. (Yay I spelled it right :D))

9. Post #9
    YYZ
    March 2009
    15 Posts
    You mean GM:PlayerLoadout?

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,589 Posts
    That is beautiful!

11. Post #11
    YYZ
    March 2009
    15 Posts
    . (Yay I spelled it right :D))
    No you still haven't. Privilege.

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,945 Posts
    No you still haven't. Privilege.
    Dear me, and I'm meant to be taking English GCSE o.O

13. Post #13
    September 2007
    166 Posts
    I like what I'm seeing, not quite ready to give up ULX though.

I'll keep this bookmarked though. Looking forward to seeing your revisions.

14. Post #14
    August 2005
    3,925 Posts
    I don't like the icons.

Are you going to change those?

Edit:

Oh, it's the laptop doing it isn't it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    244 Posts
    I'm just saying this as a warning: Every single of the easy-to-use admin tools have a common flaw which can be used to hijack the control of the server.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,477 Posts
    Oh god, looks amazing.

17. Post #17
    open.gl
    February 2007
    7,431 Posts
    Not trying to discourage you, but personally I don't like the layout at all...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    January 2008
    502 Posts
    Awesome but the buttons are kinda terrible looking.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Korea, Republic of Show Events

19. Post #19
    YYZ
    March 2009
    15 Posts
    Awesome but the buttons are kinda terrible looking.
    Might be because of his low texture settings due to his shitty laptop.

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,945 Posts
    Yes, the low quality buttons are because of my laptop. But I'm replacing the icons anyway, to better ones.

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    1,091 Posts
    Looks very nice. Though, large and unused spaces in menus tend to make them look ugly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Latvia Show Events

22. Post #22
    Dennab
    March 2009
    1,572 Posts
    ANOTHER admin mod? Meh. (I shouldn't moan, I'm making one ^^)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member

July 2006
    1,951 Posts
    Another admin mod, what's up with everyone coding these and aimbots.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events

24. Post #24
    Dennab
    March 2009
    1,572 Posts
    Another admin mod, what's up with everyone coding these and aimbots.
    Probably because there still isn't yet a decent admin mod that seems to do pretty much anything. This looks better, although I have no idea what level of customization it will have.

25. Post #25
    October 2007
    74 Posts
    There's only two that work, stop whining

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    275 Posts
    I like it. Will there be some sort of quick command panel so that if i have a spammer i can ban them quickly without having to go through lots of menu's.

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,945 Posts
    I like it. Will there be some sort of quick command panel so that if i have a spammer i can ban them quickly without having to go through lots of menu's.
    I was thinking about that, it would be easy enough to do. I'll add that later tonight.

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,945 Posts
    Ok, I'm suspending progress on this for a while for a few reasons.

First, I just realised I have a half finished gamemode for the RTS gamemode contest lying in my archive folder and I'm gonna have a go at entering.

Second, I decided that one of the core features is too ineffient and needs a recode (if you really want to know, its the way usergroup updates are sent to the client).

Third, I have some RL stuff catching up on me (GCSEs in < 8 weeks o.O)

If anyone is amazingly desperate to try this out, I can give them temp admin for a while on my build server (which has GManage installed) or perhaps give them the source. Or, if anyone wants to have a go at improving + finishing it. Or something.

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,477 Posts
    I really hope you continue work on this. :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    November 2008
    1,139 Posts
    I apologise if these have been said already, but a few things I believe are a necessity in managing a proper server are:
    - Prop spawning logs (prints in console to certain ranks when a play spawns a prop, along with their name and SteamID (like ULX))

- Console and chat commands, not one but both! Chat for quick actions and console for like when a player leaves the server after they've been spamming, you can get their Steam ID from console and then ban their id with a command like GManange Banid <Steam ID> <Length of ban> <Reason>.

- Silent options of commands, this isn't a necessity but I believe it'd be very handy. For example you have !slay phabeZ, it prints in chat "Player phabeZ slayed phabeZ" then you have !sslay only your desired ranks can see in chat.

- An "Alias" command, again not a necessity but players often "minge up" when they know there is no admin in the server, so I think that the alias command (GManage Alias phabeZ/!Alias phabeZ as command examples) should make it so it hides anything showing that the player is an admin.

Other than that, it's looking quite good and user friendly! Keep it up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

31. Post #31
    open.gl
    February 2007
    7,431 Posts
    - An "Alias" command, again not a necessity but players often "minge up" when they know there is no admin in the server, so I think that the alias command (GManage Alias phabeZ/!Alias phabeZ as command examples) should make it so it hides anything showing that the player is an admin.
    I love owning minges like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events

32. Post #32
    December 2006
    63 Posts
    This looks like an excellent alternative to most other options out there. I look forward to seeing a release.

33. Post #33
    I'm Better Than You
    Dennab
    August 2008
    5,304 Posts
    Good job. But...

Is this going to end up like all your other projects?

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    1,573 Posts
    Looks great, good luck on getting it all complete!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

35. Post #35

August 2008
    46 Posts
    Very, very nice! If we still ran ULX on my server we probably would have switched over.

I do have some questions though;

1. Will it have it's own groups and group coloring system?
    2. How much of the settings will be configurable from in-game?
    3. The icons are a little bit low detail, are those just placeholders until you get high-detail icons? It's a great menu, but I'm just concerned that it could become an eyesore to certain people.

All in all, it's a very nice menu, definitely going to be up there with ULX and ASSMod when it comes out.

Don't give up, my friend.

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,945 Posts
    1) There are two "hard" groups, uneditable undeletable ones. Restricted, and Owner. It is up to you (as the server owner) to setup the rest. But it's really really easy, you can make + setup a new group in the space of 20 seconds from the gui without so much as editing a file or running a console or chat command.

As for group colouring, it won't be possible unless I either override the gamemode's teams and create my own coloured ones for each group (NOT a good option) or I edit the scoreboard or something to reflect it. Or, I just wait until Garry releases his new chat hook stuff. If he does, I will almost certainly add group colouring.

2) Everything to do with GManage is configurable ingame, including groups, limits (which save over server restarts), entity/swep/stool restrictions (which also save). I am planning to add way more to the server config tab, such as a way to change many other convars (sv_password, sv_gravity etc) that will save too.

3) The icons are place holders, I have another set ready to vtf-ify and replace them. Also, bear in mind the screeny was taken on my dev laptop which has every single setting that exists set to low.

And as for sticking with the project, I have a somewhat irritating trait of 'project hopping'. I'll start on a project, make very good progress, get bored or run against an obstacle, dump the work into my archive, then 'hop' onto another project. My archive folder is probably a gold mine for some people out there, it's so full of unfinished crap. PCMod is the only thing I have properly released in some working state (even PCMod has issues :P)

But since this has picked up interest, I suppose I'll get it done sooner or later - especially since I now have a 2 week no-school period of time in which to get loads of stuff done.

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,477 Posts

But since this has picked up interest, I suppose I'll get it done sooner or later - especially since I now have a 2 week no-school period of time in which to get loads of stuff done.
    Great news!

38. Post #38

August 2008
    46 Posts
    I hope to see the future of GManage explode in popularity like a Boomer who's clothes are too tight for his boils.

I have no idea how the hell I just made up that sentence, but it works.

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,945 Posts
    I hope to see the future of GManage explode in popularity like a Boomer who's clothes are too tight for his boils.

I have no idea how the hell I just made up that sentence, but it works.
    Been playing too much Left 4 Dead for you're own good. Hehe.

40. Post #40
    April 2007
    146 Posts
    Hey, I like it.