1. Post #401
    April 2008
    170 Posts
    Cant open the menu...

i gave myself ownership.
    Code:
    Results:
    Ownership given to SGC | James!
    And when i type +Gmanager it wont open..

Halp?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

2. Post #402

August 2008
    46 Posts
    Any chance that you'd be able to add a capability for different entity limits for each rank? It's so hard to make getting ranks on servers worth much when you can't really gain access to new entities / prop limits.

Also, is this compatible with the sui_scoreboard?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

3. Post #403
    April 2008
    170 Posts
    Yes it's compatible
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

4. Post #404
    October 2008
    3,543 Posts
    Cant open the menu...

i gave myself ownership.
    Code:
    Results:

Halp?
    same problem

5. Post #405
    March 2009
    27 Posts
    i carnt even give myself ownership
    rcon lua_run GMANAGE_GiveOwnership 1
    and it says lua_run unable to run
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #406

January 2009
    39 Posts
    Cant open the menu...

i gave myself ownership.
    Code:
    Results:

Halp?
    same problem as well
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #407
    Conna Wiles
    Meh, it's nice functionality wise - but the graphical interface is so damned ugly...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #408
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,959 Posts
    The next update will include at least one skin for you guys to use, exactly the same functionality but pure derma instead of the icon thing.

Edited:

On another note, I've been so busy with other stuff I've not been able to do much work on this recently. I guess you could say it's "On Pause".

9. Post #409
    October 2007
    124 Posts
    Hey, so, I've read every single post in this thread to not fuck up. I added myself as the owner of the server, the menu and quickmenu both work,
    but the only issue I, and obviously many other people have, is that I can not save the privileges that I apply to certain groups, and the motd editor just stays blank.
    I hope this will be fixed soon, as I really like this mod and it's functionality.

10. Post #410
    September 2009
    114 Posts
    listen up to teh Jezza's...in a recent update i think the coder set it to gmanage_setowner which is why it didn't let you

EDIT:

getplayergids fails

Code:
    L 09/05/2009 - 17:05:06: Lua Error: gmanage/plugs/sh_playerident.lua:42: attempt to call method 'PrintMessage' (a nil value)
    gmanage/plugs/sh_playerident.lua:42: attempt to call method 'PrintMessage' (a nil value)
    hehe i had to spam numbers into setowner to set the owner and ended up setting others. (if that happened to you go into it's folder in data and delete the text file of theirs)

also until it is easier, better, more functional, more stable, more effective (etc.) than ASS and ULX+ULIB then i'm going to keep them, i tried setting it up and found very little functionallity... very little, but yeah i know it's a work in progress so i hope you do well and i look forward to replacing ulx+ublib & assmod with your addon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #411
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    769 Posts

also until it is easier, better, more functional, more stable, more effective (etc.) than ASS and ULX+ULIB...
    Do you not find it odd that you have to use two seperate admin mods to be happy? You're comparing his to ASSMod AND ULX. Now if you think about it, ASS sucks (Ass lol) in it's own way, as does ULX. Each admin mod will have flaws. What makes this one different from ASSmod and ULX, is thonasfn is willing to add your suggestions, and try to get everything working for you. The others couldn't care less about you. They hardly update as it is.

If this was all a pointless random ramble, I apologize. I just woke up (6am) with two hours sleep and decided to rant.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #412
    October 2007
    124 Posts
    Do you not find it odd that you have to use two seperate admin mods to be happy? You're comparing his to ASSMod AND ULX. Now if you think about it, ASS sucks (Ass lol) in it's own way, as does ULX. Each admin mod will have flaws. What makes this one different from ASSmod and ULX, is thonasfn is willing to add your suggestions, and try to get everything working for you. The others couldn't care less about you. They hardly update as it is.

If this was all a pointless random ramble, I apologize. I just woke up (6am) with two hours sleep and decided to rant.
    Even though you just got up (5 hours ago), I totally agree with you. ULX and ASSMod have both little functions, and are not updated a much as GManage is. I like ASSMod, but only to a certain extend. If GManage starts working properly, I will be very happy to kick ASSMods Ass and Introduce GManage on my 32 Slot Buildserver.
    (IP is 216.245.206.113:27015 if you would like to check it out. Sadly it is not well known and needs more players :frown: )
    I am looking forward to get this mod onto my server. Keep up the awesome work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #413
    July 2009
    1,258 Posts
    I am on a listen server and no matter what I do, I cannot add myself as owner.

I have looked through the whole thread and tried everything.

Also, when I type getplayergids I get this:

] getplayergids
    gmanage/plugs/sh_playerident.lua:49: attempt to concatenate a nil value
    GManage - Player GIDs

Edited:

Wow, this mod is great but it is SO FUCKING ANNOYING.

I somehow got it to work for a while, then it just stopped working altogether. I could click the menus etc... but nothing happened.

Then, I kicked myself from my own server for "Chat Misuse"?

When I rejoined my server I no longer was able to access the menu.

FFFFFFFFFFFF-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #414
    July 2009
    1,258 Posts
    Now I am getting "You don't have the privileges to do that!" even when I know I am the owner.

What a shame, for such a nice mod, it doesn't work half the time.

15. Post #415
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,959 Posts
    The current revision is broken. See if you can figure out how to make your SVN revert back to a previous revision, try 2 or 3 revisions back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #416
    July 2009
    1,258 Posts
    The current revision is broken. See if you can figure out how to make your SVN revert back to a previous revision, try 2 or 3 revisions back.
    Ok good luck I hope you fix it, because it is awesome.

Edited:

I reverted back to revision 77 and it is working perfectly, thank you.

17. Post #417
    October 2007
    124 Posts
    I'd rather wait for a working revision. I also reverted back to 77, but was not able to save privileges for certain groups. Oh well, I am a patient person. Keep up the work, I love gmanage (if it would work properly).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #418
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    21,449 Posts
    oke...
    i have a question

when i start the server, get in the server, give myself ownership. and playing with the commands... but after a while.. when someone joins/leavses i cant do anything! when i press like: kick <someone> it wont work, or anything els.. it does nothing!!

also... about the scoreboard. it stays the same! had this problem also with ASS mod... (i thinks that was a noob question)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #419
    October 2007
    124 Posts
    oke...
    i have a question

when i start the server, get in the server, give myself ownership. and playing with the commands... but after a while.. when someone joins/leavses i cant do anything! when i press like: kick <someone> it wont work, or anything els.. it does nothing!!

also... about the scoreboard. it stays the same! had this problem also with ASS mod... (i thinks that was a noob question)
    The current revision seems to be fairly unstable. Just wait for a working revision. Thomasfn seems to be a rather busy person, so give him a break. As for the scoreboard, there should be a team.txt or something similar where you can state the group names and colors, and then it should work together with gmanage. I have yet to try to work with the sui_scoreboard and gmanage together. As far as I read this thread, it should work just fine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #420
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    21,449 Posts
    yea oke. i understand. i was realy excited about that ingame rank creater, the awesome menu and stuff... but its in a sort of preview state. oke i will add this to favorites and will check it time to time

Edited:

have BTW no idea how to create ranks in ASS mod
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events

21. Post #421
    April 2008
    716 Posts
    have BTW no idea how to create ranks in ASS mod
    You can't.

Also, I think GManage is dead:

I abandoned my previous admin mod project, GManage, due to it being too bulky and buggy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Romania Show Events

22. Post #422
    March 2009
    35 Posts
    You can't.

Also, I think GManage is dead:
    Shit, I was looking forward to it so much
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #423
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,959 Posts
    If someone wants to continue it, I'll send them all my unreleased source code for it (it's in a bit of a mess) but I doubt I'll be working on it myself anymore.

24. Post #424
    September 2009
    75 Posts
    Why does this nearly always happen ... someone starts a new project and after a little while they leave and ask if anyone wants to take it on and no one does ...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #425
    April 2008
    716 Posts
    Well, if it counts, I'm working on a private admin mod for my server based on GManage...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Romania Show Events

26. Post #426
    July 2006
    258 Posts
    Awwww!

I just found out about this awesome admin mod and now it's already dead...

I was going to use it on my server but since I don't have the skills to fix it there is nothing I can do.

Too bad you're abandoning the project, it really looks cool...

It worked for like a second or so but then it suddenly stopped working
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events

27. Post #427
    January 2010
    114 Posts
    I know this is old, but here's to hoping someone helps...
    I can't make myself admin (I have a listen server) console is saying that "gmanage_giveownership" is not a command >.>

EDIT:
    Nevermind, it was gmanage_setowner, didnt read topic >.>

28. Post #428
    October 2009
    15 Posts
    ok this is really coool and i really want to use it but i cant figure out how to change the privelages

29. Post #429
    September 2009
    9 Posts
    Hello, nice Admin mod!

I detected a problem, it's suppose to be "gmanage_setowner 1" not "gmanage_giveowership 1".

Don't know if you already know it. But you might need to change it on first post.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #430
    November 2008
    2 Posts
    can i give you an idear i dont see it on ulx or citrus but only ass mod has it. Can you put an opinion tab to clearing props on the server or clearing playes props! :-)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #431
    Gold Member

April 2009
    726 Posts
    can i give you an idear i dont see it on ulx or citrus but only ass mod has it. Can you put an opinion tab to clearing props on the server or clearing playes props! :-)
    If someone wants to continue it, I'll send them all my unreleased source code for it (it's in a bit of a mess) but I doubt I'll be working on it myself anymore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events

32. Post #432
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    627 Posts
    Anyone having an issue where it won't set permissions? It says I'm server owner but I can't do anything.

33. Post #433

August 2009
    32 Posts
    I do have the same issue.
    But it only happens on listen server, it works fine in Single player though.
    Can someone help me?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events

34. Post #434

February 2009
    672 Posts
    !!!HOW TO SETUP!!!
    To add yourself, Connect to your server and type "getplayergids" in console. Find your number. Then run the command.

For dedicated Servers
    Code:
    rcon gmanage_giveowership <YourGIDNumberHere>
    For listen Servers
    Code:
    gmanage_giveowership 1
    The bind for the menu is
    Code:
    bind key +gmanager
    Feel free to post suggestions, comments etc.

AND STOP ASKING HOW TO OPEN THE DAMN MENU![/QUOTE]

butr i cant see the player ID becuase this is in my console

] getplayergids 1
    GManage - Player GIDs
    ] getplayergids
    GManage - Player GIDs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events Late Late x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #435
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,959 Posts
    This is dead. There was no reason to bump it. It probably doesn't even work any more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #436

February 2009
    672 Posts
    oh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

37. Post #437

July 2011
    1 Posts
    It said's unknown command?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

38. Post #438
    MoronYard
    May 2010
    1,264 Posts
    It said's unknown command?
    This is dead. There was no reason to bump it. It probably doesn't even work any more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #439
    May 2011
    12 Posts
    Why did you choose to quit this great addon. It was really cool, and I used it.

SVN & Download: oh btw it no longer works because of some previous updates I guess.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Late Late x 4 (list)

40. Post #440

July 2013
    4 Posts
    how do u download it its just a file path?

(User was banned for this post ("dumb bump" - postal))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)