445 Posts
    Oh hi Pacific's avatar.

I'll buy this when I get some money.

2. Post #82
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2007
    2,686 Posts
    I ran through the game, i've finished world 6.

What now? i didn't get the ending.

3. Post #83
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    2,001 Posts
    I ran through the game, i've finished world 6.

What now? i didn't get the ending.
    You need all the puzzle pieces I think

4. Post #84
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2007
    2,686 Posts
    Aww bullshit >:[

5. Post #85
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,638 Posts
    Wow, I find the demo levels (really Time and Place) really tough. It's a cool game, though, and the music is awesome.

6. Post #86
    Murr purr and stuff!
    November 2007
    35,199 Posts
    I just beat world 2 and 3. It's great. And my friend helped me.

7. Post #87
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,532 Posts
    Aww bullshit >:[
    Yah in order to unlock the final room (the attic) you need all the puzzle pieces and you need to solve all the puzzles.

And yeah, I figured out the last level on World 5, completely by accident. It wasn't until I did for several times did it really click... it was so simple! The green key threw me off and the goomba guy.

8. Post #88
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,382 Posts
    I finished it in 5 hours. Awesome game.

9. Post #89
    March 2008
    467 Posts
    I just beat the demo. Really great, the music is awesome and the puzzles are challenging and fun.

I think it's the cloud level where you have to use the painting's puzzle of a bridge piece to move to the next bridge, that was really cool and took me a while to figure it out.   

10. Post #90
    May 2007
    676 Posts
    Just played the demo. It looks great, sounds great and is actually way better than I expected. Best puzzle game I played this year.

11. Post #91
    Ex-Least Respected Usergroup
    June 2007
    7,037 Posts
    Oh my god, i came into contact with princess. This was an amazing game, they story and gameplay has kept me on it all day.

12. Post #92
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,532 Posts
    Beat it for the 2nd time. Just as cool-beans as it was the first :c00l:

13. Post #93
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,667 Posts

fuuuuuck

14. Post #94
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2007
    500 Posts
    If your on the last level try riding up the chandelier

15. Post #95
    Gold Member

August 2007
    8,377 Posts
    Just bought this game on Steam, shit's so cash.

16. Post #96
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    1,028 Posts
    Tried it a while ago. Pretty fun.

17. Post #97
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    3,899 Posts
    Lovely game; I accidentally spoiled the ending for myself back when it was out on 360, so some of the intrigue is missing, but still a great game so far.

18. Post #98
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,102 Posts
    This game looks amazing. I've got birthday money, so I think I''m gonna buy it.

Edit:
    Just bought it, I'm downloading it now.

19. Post #99
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    315 Posts
    I just finished the game, and all I can say is that I'm really confused about the story. :/

20. Post #100
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    December 2006
    14,300 Posts
    Gave up at world 4 lair, seriously the hardest game ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #101
    June 2008
    230 Posts
    I love this game it's amazing.

22. Post #102
    Dennab
    February 2009
    2,898 Posts
    Getting the 7 hidden stars is infuriating beyond all belief.

I just finished the game, and all I can say is that I'm really confused about the story. :/
       You're playing the bad guy, running away from a life you've destroyed basically.   
       Alternate Story is that Tim is one of the scientists who worked on the first atomic bomb and the princess is a metaphorical representation of the bomb itself, as if you collect all 7 hidden stars then go to the princess - She explodes.    <-- I like the alternate story better.

23. Post #103
    October 2008
    71 Posts
    This or Zeno Clash? I want both :/

I'll get Zeno Clash, just because Blow is such a pretentious ass.

24. Post #104
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    2,001 Posts
    Ending is so cool

25. Post #105
    Dennab
    February 2009
    2,898 Posts
    Ending is so cool
    Which one? just kidding

26. Post #106
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    2,001 Posts
    I looked up where the stars are and I need to start a new game to get them all :(

27. Post #107
    May 2008
    39 Posts
    Bah, why does this game not use V-sync? I played the demo and had to physically stop because the tearing was giving me a gigantic headache.

28. Post #108
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,532 Posts
    Bah, why does this game not use V-sync? I played the demo and had to physically stop because the tearing was giving me a gigantic headache.
    ... it does?

29. Post #109
    March 2008
    1,845 Posts
    Wow, I just finished this game. It's... Great :D

It's like, a poem in game-shape. With the qoutes in the end and all... Great!

Certainly worth the cash and time.

30. Post #110
    Dennab
    February 2005
    403 Posts
    I have this for 360, and I fucking hate 3, just because I still haven't figured out how the move-in-time works.

31. Post #111
    December 2008
    859 Posts
    I have this for 360, and I fucking hate 3, just because I still haven't figured out how the move-in-time works.
    4 wasn't that hard. World 5 pissed me off >:(

32. Post #112
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,532 Posts
    That would be world 4.

The first world is actually "World 2", then it's World 3 (where some things are not affected by time manipulation), then World 4 (where you moving forward or backward on the level determines the flow of time)

33. Post #113
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,530 Posts
    The demo blew my mind, but I still feel like $15 is a bit steep. Am I wrong in thinking that?

The Orange Box really set a new standard for value for me and it's hard to lay out that much cash for a short (but challenging) puzzle platformer.

34. Post #114
    Dennab
    February 2009
    2,898 Posts
    The demo blew my mind, but I still feel like $15 is a bit steep. Am I wrong in thinking that?

The Orange Box really set a new standard for value for me and it's hard to lay out that much cash for a short (but challenging) puzzle platformer.
    it's worth it.

35. Post #115
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,532 Posts

$15 is hardly anything. Most indie games run up to around $20-$25, and braid is one of the better indie games I've played and it's $15.

It's only short if you know the solutions to all the puzzles or don't get all the puzzle pieces (which means you don't beat the game and don't get to the final room).

It's defiantly worth the value, and worth more to me than many retail games priced at $60.

I'm going to be a little pretentious here and quote something I agree with from a review some magazine did for Braid:

"Braid is a risky experiment climaxing in glorious success. Ask yourself when last you felt a sense of reward and achievement playing a game; not Achievement with a capital 'A' and ten Microsoft points, but an actual sense of pride... And when did a game really make you look at the world differently?"

36. Post #116
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,102 Posts
    Wow, this game is awesome. I just finished the level 4 puzzle.

37. Post #117
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,957 Posts
    Double post ffs

38. Post #118
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,957 Posts
    Actually, this is how I think Braid is supposed to be:
    (SPOILERS OF THE WHOLE GOD DAMN GAME)
       You're actually supposed to be in a scientists way of thinking, that the Princess is an A-Bomb and you're a scientist trying to stop her, the whole game is supposed to be a lie, that it's just Einstein's imagination, to clear it out, you're a scientist (Einstein maybe?) who has made a bad choice in creating the bomb, and that the knight (could be?)is the world, and the princess is the bomb, the normal ending tells you how the world discovered the bomb and the last scene shows what has it become, and the alternate ending shows that how you saved the world, so yeah, it was all just a mindfuck   

39. Post #119
    December 2008
    859 Posts
    Actually, this is how I think Braid is supposed to be:
    (SPOILERS OF THE WHOLE GOD DAMN GAME)
       You're actually supposed to be in a scientists way of thinking, that the Princess is an A-Bomb and you're a scientist trying to stop her, the whole game is supposed to be a lie, that it's just Einstein's imagination, to clear it out, you're a scientist (Einstein maybe?) who has made a bad choice in creating the bomb, and that the knight (could be?)is the world, and the princess is the bomb, the normal ending tells you how the world discovered the bomb and the last scene shows what has it become, and the alternate ending shows that how you saved the world, so yeah, it was all just a mindfuck   
    Holy shit, there was already like 5 posts explaining the story, we don't need another one kthxbai.

P.S:

You didn't save the world. You silly goose.   

40. Post #120
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    December 2006
    14,300 Posts
    http://robink93.net/upl/files/fa3dd.pngAllright, gave up there. I have NO idea how to progress