1. Post #641
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    2,783 Posts
    Revolver or Abbey Road. First two Beatles albums I bought were Sgt. Pepper's and Abbey Road.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #642
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,328 Posts
    Revolver was the album that got me into the Beatles, so it has a special place in my :h:.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #643
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    1,815 Posts
    I have Sgt. Pepper's and I like it a lot.

What should I get next?
    I'm going to have to disagree with the whole revolver next suggestion. IMO the white album would be perfect, since it defiantly is more of the kind of rock Sgt Pepper had.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

4. Post #644
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,328 Posts
    I'm going to have to disagree with the whole revolver next suggestion. IMO the white album would be perfect, since it defiantly is more of the kind of rock Sgt Pepper had.
    Get the white album. Get audiosurf. Play revolution 9 on audiosurf. Trip balls.

5. Post #645
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    2,783 Posts
    Get the white album. Get audiosurf. Play revolution 9 on audiosurf. Trip balls.
    Doing that now.
    EDIT:
    Done it. Fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #646
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    3,043 Posts
    How is that defiant?

7. Post #647
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    8,271 Posts
    It's the first thing to come up on the firefox spell checker suggestion thingy if you misspell "definitely."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

8. Post #648
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,328 Posts

Oh shit guys, they updated it.

9. Post #649
    Beverage Bandit
    November 2005
    19,210 Posts
    I am pleased to hear that Fallout: New Vegas will feature a cowardly cowboy named Ringo, who has a very matching mop head haircut.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events

10. Post #650
    I play the electric violin on desolation row
    March 2005
    2,578 Posts
    Revolver was probably their pound for pound best album. Abbey Road a close 2nd. I mean the great thing about The Beatles is that every one of their albums has some real great songs on them. Fantastic discography.

I'll just throw this here because it's awesome

I just listened to some audio clip where John Lennon was on-stage for the first time since The Beatles split, to my surprise it was with Elton John (which I'm a big fan of)! The beginning of the clip is awesome to listen to because of the audiences reaction (nobody knew John Lennon was going to be there).

It's really odd they didn't advertise Lennon being there because they could've jacked up ticket prices to double I'd imagine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events

11. Post #651
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,328 Posts
    I am pleased to hear that Fallout: New Vegas will feature a cowardly cowboy named Ringo, who has a very matching mop head haircut.
    That's fucking awesome.

12. Post #652
    January 2010
    453 Posts
    Goddamn, I'm really frustrated at the Beatles now. They've made me wanna make a whole new genre. Which is impossible now because no-ones inventing new instruments or effects, they've all been done before. Being different but still enjoyable is hard nowadays.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

13. Post #653
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    1,815 Posts
    Goddamn, I'm really frustrated at the Beatles now. They've made me wanna make a whole new genre. Which is impossible now because no-ones inventing new instruments or effects, they've all been done before. Being different but still enjoyable is hard nowadays.
    No they have not all been done before

14. Post #654
    July 2006
    236 Posts
    I caught Live & Let Die a few days ago. It's a Paul impersonator with a band and orchestra. This guy looked amazingly like Paul and nailed the vocals. If it comes through your city, don't miss it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

15. Post #655
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,328 Posts
    Ringo is a pretty damn good solo artist. I've been listening to his music a lot lately and it's hyping me up for his concert that hopefully I'm going to!

16. Post #656
    Beverage Bandit
    November 2005
    19,210 Posts
    Indeed.
    I bought the album Ringo a while ago and was positively surprised by the amount of great songs on it. Photograph and Devil Woman especially.

17. Post #657
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,328 Posts
    Indeed.
    I bought the album Ringo a while ago and was positively surprised by the amount of great songs on it. Photograph and Devil Woman especially.
    Photograph, Never Without You, and Walk With You are A++++ songs.

18. Post #658
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    2,783 Posts
    The Concert For George version of Photograph, with Ringo's introduction, made me shed a manly tear.

19. Post #659
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,328 Posts
    The Concert For George version of Photograph, with Ringo's introduction, made me shed a manly tear.
    Never without you made me shed a manly tear.

20. Post #660
    Dam
    February 2009
    129 Posts
    Due to me being an insufferable bastard that hates everybody who disagrees with the statement "The Beatles are* the best band ever" I have decided to do my best prove all of them wrong.

The Beatles are* the best band ever.

The Beatles are* not my favourite band, Earth is. Just because your favourite band is Coldplay or something doesn't change the FACT that the Beatles are/were* the BEST band ever.

Also Led Zeppelin is the most awesome and the Grateful Dead is the greatest... or something like that.

* I CAN'T GRAMMAR HERPY DERP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #661
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    853 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

22. Post #662
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,328 Posts
    Due to me being an insufferable bastard that hates everybody who disagrees with the statement "The Beatles are the best band ever" I have decided to do my best prove all of them wrong.

The Beatles is the best band ever.

The Beatles is not my favourite band, Earth is. Just because your favourite band is Coldplay or something doesn't change the FACT that the Beatles is/was the BEST band ever.

You are a smart man.

23. Post #663
    January 2010
    453 Posts
    No they have not all been done before
    I haven't heard a new genre for a matter of years now.

24. Post #664
    Prime Minister of Australia
    June 2008
    7,132 Posts
    is it weird that I like The Beatles even though I'm a metalhead

25. Post #665
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,328 Posts
    is it weird that I like The Beatles even though I'm a metalhead
    No, everyone can find a Beatles song that they love. That's what makes them such a great band.

26. Post #666
    October 2009
    5,109 Posts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0714IbwC3HA

<3

:)

I miss Beatles, especially Lenon.. He didnt hafto die :(

Edit: I am a "Metalhead" aswell, but most Metalheads listen to Heavy Metal/Screamo or whatever and Classic rock, and you usally find people listening to Rap listens to Pop.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

27. Post #667
    April 2010
    508 Posts
    No, everyone can find a Beatles song that they love. That's what makes them such a great band.
    I've never heard someone talk shit about the beatles. They've probably got the lowest amount of haters in the world.

28. Post #668
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,328 Posts
    I've never heard someone talk shit about the Beatles. They've probably got the lowest amount of haters in the world.
    And the people that do talk shit about them are usually :bandwagon: who think it's hip and rebellious to not like a band that everyone like when they've never even heard them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #669
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    6,044 Posts
    And the people that do talk shit about them are usually :bandwagon: who think it's hip and rebellious to not like a band that everyone like when they've never even heard them.
    hmmm, have to disagree with some of that.. on some level

music is art

if you think a piece of art is a piece of shit then thats your opinion...

unless the person has NO taste and has relatively low music knowledge, and he says "the beatles are shit", then his opinion means bullshit and that person in fact a bullshit person

thats one way to agree with what you said ;)

30. Post #670
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    3,043 Posts
    I used to be one of those. Used to say 'blah blah THe Beatles are overrated' when I'd never actually listened to them. Damn I was a prick.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #671
    Beverage Bandit
    November 2005
    19,210 Posts
    I've never heard someone talk shit about the beatles. They've probably got the lowest amount of haters in the world.
    This guy in junior high said that The Beatles were homosexual grandpa music, and that every member was dead anyway :sigh:

Not sure if he was trolling or not, as I can't imagine someone saying, with their hand on their heart, that they don't like a single Beatles song.

32. Post #672
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    2,783 Posts
    Just been browsing youtube, and found this
    It's really weird how much he looks like John.

33. Post #673
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    4,036 Posts
    Paul McCartney's Last Song
    It was 1968. Paul McCartney was hanging out in the late evening, vain as he was, seeing if he could pick up chicks if he wasn't a Beatle. Stood in a long coat, sunglasses, and a Trilby - in that short time between when it didn't mean you were posh and it didn't mean you were a wanker - a miniature cloud escaped his lips as he sighed. Maybe he should try a new look - yeah that was it, he needed something to make him stand out. Maybe a James Dean thing, Rebel Without a Cause. Slicked hair, smoking a cigarette. Yeah, that'd do it. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a lighter. This'd work.
    Well, maybe if he wasn't at a petrol station.
    The flames moved quickly. It wasn't so much an explosion as an expansion. When the big tanks of petrol erupted the stone awning collapsed on Paul - as he fell he cut his stomach open on his car, spilling his intestines over the dashboard and steering wheel. His head was smashed by falling rubble. His wallet melted. His skin charred. Even the tobacco and cannabis residue between his teeth caught fire. Luckily, Paul was the only one caught up in it. But that was still one too many. Paul McCartney was dead.
    While Paul's body couldn't be identified, John knew what he did every Saturday - he knew it was him. He acted quickly. The Beatles were his dream, and he didn't want to let go of it yet. He called in a favour from an old friend of his, the bastard son of an immigrant dock worker back in Liverpool: Guglielmo Shears. The guy had talent, and with the help of hair dye, looked a fair bit like the late Paul. John was happy with the results, and George... George went along with it, if only to placate John and his temper. Ringo wasn't aware of any of this; he had walked out a few days beforehand.
    Everything worked well, for a while, but Guglielmo got nervous. He wasn't too pleased with the arrangement, but it was a big favour he owed. Eventually, however, the pressure got too much for him. Even John had found a new hobby: imagining Yoko Ono was his mother. He persuaded him not to come out with it immediately. Instead, he said, Shears should just wait for their last album (which, at this point, everyone knew would be soon) and include a message on the cover of the last album. The problem then was making sure the printers didn't reveal anything before the album was released. It was George, in the end, who came up with the solution: stage a mock funeral in the picture. John would be the vicar, Ringo the unknowing undertaker, George the gravedigger, and Guglielmo would represent the corpse of Paul, going barefoot, as corpses are buried in his father's native Italy. As it turned out, Abbey Road would be the penultimate Beatles album, and perhaps that's why the rumour was eventually poo-pooed. John took the secret to his grave. Guglielmo's family(s) persuaded him to keep the secret, while George just sorta kept on trucking and kept on shtumming. Ringo remains oblivious to the whole affair to this day.
    Of course, everyone knows that story. But what isn't widely known is that in the weeks before the recording of the White Album, that particular petrol station was subject to many attempted thefts. In an effort to gather evidence and discourage potential criminals, the owners of the station installed special cameras that used CCTV, a technology that had been stolen from the Nazis just twenty-five years beforehand. That meant that that petrol station was the first place in the United Kingdom to have a CCTV system installed. Due to its novelty, the cameras and their footage were not found during the investigation of the fire, and were presumed lost. A very persistent John Lennon, however, managed to locate the tapes of that night and buy them off the station's manager - keeping him in business after the accident. John kept that tape until he died, and planned to have it buried with him, but Yoko Ono (the stupid cow) decided that she should keep it. In 2007, she left it on a train as she got off Loughborough station. The next occupant of her seat was one Sergio Pizzorno, suffering from writer's block and struggling to come up with song material...

34. Post #674
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    6,044 Posts
    Thats the worst conspiracy ive ever heard

35. Post #675
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    4,036 Posts
    It's a story.

Edited:

The Terminator is fucking retarded no lie

36. Post #676
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    6,044 Posts

The Terminator is fucking retarded no lie
    oi! You may actually die for saying that :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

37. Post #677
    February 2010
    405 Posts
    My fav band.

:)

38. Post #678
    January 2010
    453 Posts
    It sucks balls that when most people think of The Beatles they think of 'Yellow Submarine', 'Twist and Shout', and 'All You Need Is Love'.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #679
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    2,783 Posts
    I think those are actually a fair three tracks for people that aren't into them to associate with them.

If you had just said Yellow Submarine, I'd have had to agree.

40. Post #680
    January 2010
    453 Posts
    I do reckon Twist and Shout does give them knowledge of their classic rock, but still, nobody knows about the psychedelic side of things, or even the bluesy rock that came after.