1. Post #1
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    7,404 Posts
    Ender gave me this idea and i figure i'll put it to use. Instead of having multiple review threads all over the place we can combine everything into this thread. How it's going to be done

You post your review here. If it happens to be too long just post again. I'll link your post to this main post so when anyone needs it they can view it without going through the entire thread. If your review isn't done yet just post that it isn't and i won't add it intill you want me too.

--Accessories Reviews--

- BB's
    |-- TSD
    .20g By CubeManV2

- Gas Grenades
    Mega Grenade Review by Timebomb757

- Gun Rails

|-- Madbull
    16.25" "Dragon" RIS for M4 and M16 by Hikaru

- Magazines
    |-- A&K
    M4/M16 70rd MidCap Review by Hikaru

|-- MAG
    AK74 100rd MidCap Review by CubeManV2

--Gun Reviews--

- AEGs

|-- A&K
    MK43 By Timebomb757

|-- Classic Army
    G3-SG1 By Sonydude

|-- Cyma
    AKSU74 By xXEnder007Xx - Earlier Generation

|-- Dboy's
    AKS74 By xXEnder007Xx - Earlier Generation
    AKS74 By CubeManV2 - Current Generation

|-- Echo 1
    AKS-74u by OCELOT323

|-- JLS
    F2000 By Dysplasia

|--JG
    M4 S-SYSTEM by DarkSamus

|-- Tokyo Marui
    P90 By xXEnder007Xx

- Gas Guns
    |-- CAW
    CAW Grenade Launcher by Timebomb757

|-- KJW
    M1911 "CO2 Ready" By DarkSamus

|-- KWC
    Sigma 40F By Xamllew
    Desert Eagle By Dweller

|-- Maruzen
    P38 By Dysplasia

|-- Tokyo Marui
    P226 Chrome Edition By xXEnder007Xx
    Sig Sauer P226 by St0rmforce

|-- WE
    M1911 MEU by CubeManv2

- Springers

|-- Double Eagle
    M56C Shotgun By 64k1

|-- TSD
    M1014 Shotgun 64k1

--Gear Reviews--

- Chest Rigs

Russian Gear
    M23 Pioneer In Les By CubeManV2

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,757 Posts
    I'll start off, here are some older reviews I wrote.

Alright so I picked up a TM P90TR from ASGI while I was down in LA over the summer.

Feel/Looks
    So far this has to be one of the better guns I've bought. I love the feel of this gun, it's a little back heavy but it feels right when you shoulder it. It looks great too and all the trademarks are still intact. The fake bullets in the mag are sweet looking.

Features
    The trigger area is somewhat unique. The fire selector is right below the trigger and can be turned with your trigger finger, but I often end up turning it with my left thumb. On full auto, the trigger functions almost like that of an AUG, with a half pull being semi auto and a full pull being of course full auto.

Loading the mags takes some practice. It looks easy, but you can easily screw it up. First you have to slide the mag towards the front of the gun. Then you have to push the mag down to make it lock. Now here's the problem, if you push straight down, the mag catch won't always engage. I've found if you push down and towards the back of the gun it will lock in every time. Releasing the mag is easy. Just pull the 2 tabs on the sides of the gun behind the mag back and the mag will pop up, allowing you to remove it.

The TR version also comes with a suppressor, one that actually works. It's foam filled, almost identical to the TM Mk.23 suppressor that some of you have seen and heard. This version has 14mm CCW threads and is a flat black color unlike the CW threaded shiny black MK.23 suppressor. With the suppressor attached, the pop of the gun is muffled almost completely. You still have the gearbox whine, but you don't have to worry about that loud pop.

The hop-up dial is in a rather unique place. There's a little trap door just above your trigger thumb in the thumb hole of the stock. Sliding it back reveals the hop-up dial.

Take down is easy, almost too easy. To remove the upper receiver along with the barrel and hop-up, you remove the mag, push a button on the mag well and slide it off. To remove the gearbox, you open the stock and remove 2 screws and that's it. Simply pull out the gearbox and that's it. I love working on this gun.

The only thing I hate about this gun is the lack of battery space. The battery compartment only allows a 8.4v mini to fit inside it. A 9.6v mini is too long and the buttplate can't be attached. Even my slimmer 9.6v numchuck didn't fit. So I've bought the Hurricane P90 buttstock, which allows me to fit a 9.6v or larger battery. It also muffles a good amount of gearbox noise, making it a very silent gun when paired with the silencer.

Performance
    This gun shoots quite well in stock form. The hop-up (like any TM) works great and the bbs just drift to your target. I attached my Aimpoint and sighted it in and I was getting a grouping of only a couple of inches at 20 yards, with an occasional shot to the right about 3 inches from the grouping. I tried using the hicap mag, which is very controversial. Some say it feeds great, others say it's crap. Turns out there's 2 versions. Looks like I got the newest one. You can fully wind the hicap and it will fire every single round compared to other hicaps. That means no more winding on the go, you can let loose 300rds without having to wind it again after 50rds. I only had one misfeed out of 300 shots, that's damn good in my book.

Conclusion
    Overall I love this gun. It's great and is perfect for CQB, and can be used for woodland due to it's bullpup design. In the future I'll be looking at turning this into a some what high ROF gun. I hear these guns are great for that.

And now for some eye candy.

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,757 Posts
    Keep in mind this review I made is nearly a year old and was of the Ver.1 Dboys AK's. I've heard Dboys has since fixed the magazine compatibility issue. Also, my pictures for it were on a file upload site that no longer exists, and I don't feel like uploading them again, so just deal with the last picture.

Well I got this gun as a present for my dad's birthday, he kind of hinted to me he wanted one after using my AKS-74U. So I went off to look for the CM.036, no one in the U.S had it. So it went with something like it, and that was the D-Boys AK-74S. It cost around $170 at ASGI, more than I originally wanted to pay. I went ahead and got it for him.

Today it finally showed up and my dad got to try out his new gun. ASGI sent me a small piece of paper certifying it's shooting 390fps. Damn that's high, just barely under most field limits. The gun has a nice heft to it, not too front heavy remarkably considering it only has a folding stock to counter the weight.

The gun is all metal and has a nice look to it. There is even a number stamped into the receiver . The trigger grip has a odd texture feel, similar to that of a CA G36. The hand guards look good, and may be real wood but I've yet to confirm this. The bolt doesn't seem to slide as well as the CM.035 but it still makes a metallic clack sound once you manage to pull it back and let it go. I was also impressed by the hop-up lever, it was marked and numbered to make it easier for hop-up adjustments. The lever doesn't slide out of place either, unlike the CM.035 which is a bit loose at times.

Sights are your typical AK iron sights. The rear sight can be adjusted in height by pushing in the 2 buttons on the side and moving the slider to raise or lower the sight.

The flash hider is your standard 74 style flash hider. All metal

We've already run into one problem though: Mag compatibility. D-Boys just had to be different and make their mag well different. The front lip seems to be different than my other 2 AK-74's. You can tell it has to be different, just look at the mags. Shape and size they are almost the same. The only difference is the size of the lip on the front of the mags. The orange mag on the left is the D-Boys Hicap, while the black mag on the right is an ICS Ak-74 hicap.

This difference in size makes it impossible for ICS or CYMA AK-74 mags to fit without some sort of modification. We'll be going to AEX tomorrow to see if any of their AK-47 or AK-74 mags will fit. I heard rumor that AK-47 mags will fit due to a larger gap. If this doesn't work I'll look into some sort of modification.

We've already fired a few rounds in the backyard with the D-Boys AK-74S and this gun does impress us. It's remarkably quiet for a Chinese gun shooting 390fps. It's also quite accurate with the iron sights. This gun doesn't seem to be as heavy as my ICS AK-74, but it feels so much better than the ICS. It also feels very well balanced with most of the weight feeling like it's in the center, not front heavy at all. The ROF with a 8.4v 1400mAh Intellect stick battery is not actually that bad. I still need to drop in the 9.6v sometime and see what that does.

Accuracy Tests:
    I was testing the rifle at 15 yards in my backyard, using .20g bbs. I did 2 tests, the first while standing up, and the second while kneeling down having the rifle supported with some bricks. I used an Aimpoint to sight in the gun. The target is 8 inches in diameter. The results were about average for a clone AEG. It's definitely not the greatest in accuracy, but I've seen a lot worse.

Standing: ~6-7 inch grouping

Supported: ~5 inch grouping

Dboys AKS-74N with Aimpoint and UTG Scope mount.

Overall this seems like a good gun, except for the mag compatibility issue. This issue can be a big turn off if you don't have the money to spare to find the right mags that fit. I'll try to see which mags fit tomorrow and list which ones they are. I'll add more to this review once I learn of anything new about the gun. It still needs to be skirmished with as well so I'll let you know how that goes.

I'll leave you off with some comparison pictures between the D-Boys AK-74S and the CYMA CM.035

Update:
    We brought the gun to AEX today for a chrono and to find some mags that fit. First we chronoed it with .20g bbs included with the gun. The first shot was 418 fps. I literally said "Holy Shit" in the store. My dad fired a few more over the chrono, and got 417, 416 417. This gun is very powerful, almost too powerful. I can't even use this gun at Sequoia Airsoft unless I downgrade it.

As for mags we tried a variety of CA 47 and 74 mags. None of them worked. We tried a TM 47 mag, didn't work. The guy at AEX suggested we file down the back lip of the mag to get it to fit. We bought the TM 47 hicap and it just needs to be sanded down now. I think I know why we're having this problem though. The mag catch seems to be longer than that of my CM.035, making it too big to allow the mag to catch.

Update 2: 1 year later
    Somehow this gun is still working great with no upgrades at all. It amazes me that it works because it's still running on plastic bushings. Guess I chose a great gun for my dad because it's the only gun he ever uses now. ;D

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,757 Posts
    This review was written early last year. It's only been on my teams site, so I figured I'd bring it here. I've found some flaws with it since then too, so I've sold this gun.

Well I had some spare cash from Christmas I wanted to spend. I haven't tried any of these new Chinese clones yet, so I went ahead and bought the CYMA CM.035, otherwise known as the AK-74SU (I think). I got it off Airsoft GI for $115.

After waiting nearly 3 WEEKS! I finally got my package from Airsoft GI. It included the CYMA CM.035, Long JP Rifle kit, Systema tightbore and hop-up bucking. I first took out the CM.035 and opened the box for find one of the nicest AK's I've ever seen.

This gun is all metal, including the folding stock. CYMA went even farther and included wooden hand guards, yes that's right, WOODEN HAND GUARDS! This is a huge plus for the CM.035.

The folding stock is very sturdy when extended. No wobble at all. Unfortunately, this is not the same when it's folded. The lock that holds it when it's folded doesn't grab very well and the stock can unfold with a slight bash.

The Charging lever is metal and goes back about and inch and a half to reveal the hop-up lever.

What's really nice about this gun is the amount of space for a battery, despite it's small size. You can fit a 10.8v stick battery in this gun (That's 9 battery cells). The gun comes with a black 1400mAh NiMH battery and charger. The battery in the picture is from my MP5K.

The Iron sights are pretty good if you can adjust to using AK iron sights. The rear sight flips in 2 positions, one for closer ranges and the other for farther ranges. It flips similar to the standard M16 carry handle sight.

I loaded up the 500rd hicap and took it for a test run in my backyard. The first time I shot it I was awestruck. This cheap little gun shoots with a lot of power, higher than any of my high end AEGs in stock form. Airsoft GI was kind enough to even do a chrono test for me before they shipped it. They got 360fps and I can believe it, this gun was shredding through oranges on my orange tree. The ROF is extremely good for only a 8.4v battery and shooting 360fps. I don't have an exact rate of fire but the box claims 700-850rds per minute. Seems about right.

I did find one downside when I was firing though. It seems this gun has a very long trigger pull compared to some others I've shot. I found myself pulling it part way and hearing the motor spin, then stop. It's going to take me awhile to pull hard on that trigger.

[color=red]Trigger Update[/color]
    Turns out this gun has some bad trigger contacts. After a month or so I noticed I would have to pull the trigger insanely hard for it to fire. Turns out the trigger contacts had burnt out causing poor contact. I swapped it out with the one from my ICS AK-74 and it worked since then.

[color=red]SKIRMISH REPORT[/color]

Well I went to the field today, but only a total of 8 of us showed up. Anyways I tried out my AKS-74U. It works quite well for a little gun. Got a couple of kills with it. I was also able to fit it into my hydration carrier pouch when I took the mag out. Perfect as a back-up weapon if your primary craps out. I went through most of the day with my M15A4 in my hands and the AK on my back and I barely noticed it.

Accuracy is so-so. Not the greatest I've seen but not the worst either. At least it has some range, 100 feet at least, maybe 120. The gun was only effective at shooting a man sized target at 80-90 feet, due to a poor inner barrel. I swapped the original barrel out and exchanged it for my spare stock CA M4 inner barrel. Now the gun is shooting just as good as any other standard AEG, hitting man sized targets at around 120 feet. I used a silencer to cover up the longer inner barrel.

Overall it's not a bad gun, but it does require some work to get it working correctly. I'd recommend it for someone who likes the AKS-74U and is willing to spend some time opening it and replacing some of the parts. I'm hoping CYMA has included better inner barrels and trigger contacts in their newer AK's.

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2007
    3,407 Posts
    To make stuff red just use [highlight-] [/highlight-] Just remove the hyphen.

Also, nice looking reviews, I'll get to reading them now.

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,757 Posts
    Yeah I just copied them from another forum, that's why. Too lazy to edit.

7. Post #7
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    7,404 Posts
    added them all

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    1,727 Posts
    I'll try and add reviews for my Well R4 and my JG Stubby M4 in about 2 weeks, finally going to be back home and have access to them for pictures and everything.

9. Post #9
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    7,404 Posts
    Yeah going to get a review for the latest gen AKS74 Dboy's up tommorow.

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,749 Posts

11. Post #11
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    7,404 Posts
    added

12. Post #12
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    7,404 Posts
    Dboy's AKS74 RK-03

Info
    I bought the Dboy's AKS74 for 125$ Off hitguns.com and it came 8 days later with there free shipping (they shipped next day). I've had the gun for under a year

Overall gun

When i first picked it up it had weight to it. It isn't front heavy nor back heavy it's pretty much centered. With real wood and full pot metal it's really nice. There is also a full steel and real wood and a Full pot metal with imitation wood. I'm assuming each where different versions and the one i have being v2 and the steel currently being the latest v3.

Externally

The Flash hider is pot metal though the box says steel. Maybe it is but i'm 90% sure it isn't since they use the same box for the entire series of there ak's. It is removeable but me and my friend's gun have issues removing it. Seems it's glue on or something. You don't need to remove it to get the barrel out but it's easier with it off then taking apart the entire gun.

The gas tube and barrel are pot metal. As you can see i've roughed it up over previous Op from proning placing it on rocks for support ect. It stands up and hasn't cracked yet. The gas tube is part of the upper handguard and comes off surpising easily for it's design. The battery also goes through the handguard and into the gas tube? Not 100% sure on the gas tube part.

Nothing like Real wood. 100% real wood. I've worn it down on previous games from mounting on rocks and proning and acutally my nails gripping into it hard and the metal on my sling grinding on it from time to time.

The body is full pot metal. I have a slight issue with this but since it's part of the stock as well i'll mention it down there. You can see some glue on the far left side so that might be a hint. Anyway the body is full pot metal and the selector switch is currently in safety. The upper reciever, Iron sights, Trigger guard, Trigger is all metal.

Full Auto

Semi

The stock, I've been through a couple of Ops and skirmishes with this gun and finally something went wrong. The stock release on the selector switch side cracked clean in half. Making having the stock out useless. Right now i permently closed the stock in by folding the stock out then placing the peice back in. I'm going to order a steel body and it comes with the stock so i'll be set. I have no idea how this happened but yeah...Figures. When it did work fine there was a bit of wobble but when aiming down it can't notice it at all. When folded it's locked into place.

Stock release, Can see the glue dried right there of me attempting to permently keep the stock out.

Moving down you can see the optics mount to mount a rail system or a real deal russian scope. I'm going to order a scope later when i get my RS SVD but yes this can take real russian scopes. It's pot metal

Here theres the stock latch to latch onto the stock when folded. And a fake serial number above it.

Aiming down the sights. Not the best picture

The Iron sights are easy to aim with outside, Not inside. Without the proper lighting it can be a bit hard to aim since there small. Othewise it provides good aiming. Sadly they arn't painted white but there is a white iron sight on ebaybanned.

The pistol grip is ABS Plastic or some type of nylon, Take your pic. It's sturdy and thick. It can easily keep up with the strength of the metal and it's survived a fall or two.

"Inside"

Battery space is a big thing to some people. The Dboy kalash eats batterys. It can easily hold a standard 9.6v battery no problems. look what it did to my 8.4v. It seems to be in the gas tube really!

The Hop up is a standard Ak hop up. I replaced my bucking with a systema bucking to provide a tiny bit of better accurcy soon to get a new tightbore and nub for it but it all works in the end. The standard bucking i had to put it up to 8 where my friends default hopup on his kalash only needed to be 5-6 to get the same range. So im assuming quality is different for each one.

FPS and Range

The fps of this gun is 380FPS for me with .20's and my friend says he got 410FPS with .20's so really it's a bit different for each batch of them. At the latest op using .25's i got 355FPS constant. My friend said he got 370-380 so it works. For range i've gotten good shots. Where i point it generally hits that location. The stock barrel and bucking isnt the best but hey you can easily upgrade those two parts.

Overall

Accuracy 9/10 - This gun is accurate for a clone
    Externals 10/10 - Full metal and real wood for 130$ Yeah im sold.
    Internals - 8/10
    Rate Of Fire 7/10 - Could be better
    Overall 8/10 - Dboy's stepped there game up and is making a huge impact in the Airsoft world.

13. Post #13
    Ask me about my .gif fetish
    February 2008
    3,594 Posts
    About time we had a proper review thread

If I get time I might do a review of my two, but seeing as I haven't used many other guns it would be a bit subjective.

14. Post #14
    Gold Member

July 2006
    388 Posts
    I've asked Hezzy to sticky this for obvious reasons, this is a very good idea.

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    1,727 Posts
    Double Eagle M56C

I got this after Christmas cash had rolled in - though the majority of my purchases were for the upcoming school year (oh, the woes of being an art student - at least I got a new HD out of it).

Thanks to living within a 15 minute drive to their in-person store, I headed to Evike on one of my vacation days before the spring semester started back up again and I had to go back to the Bay Area. Thanks to L4D and the fact that Evike didn't have the TSD M1014 in yet, I nabbed this shotgun instead, and I'm happy I did.

You notice right off the bat when you pull the gun from the cardboard box that it's all ABS plastic. The only thing that I can think of as I'm writing this review that's metal is part of the stock, and it's simply the portion that the stock slides up and down on. That didn't really deter me, nor should it you, considering that the gun is a hefty little beast. The overall weight isn't too bad, lighter than an M-14, but since I'm using a stubby M-4, it does feel heavier than that.

Sights, sadly, are not adjustable, nor is there a rail for attachments, at least on this particular model. They are however quite easy to see, and are quite pleasant to use with my goggles on. Racking the slide is a little harder than you'd think (I think it racks three springs), but you get used to it with time.

In the box, it came with a bad quality sling (don't use one anyhow, at least for this gun), a speed-loader, one shell, and a small bag of BB's. Each shell holds 30 rounds, each pump loads 3, factor in the division and you've got 10 shots a shell. Buy extras. Seems the gun was built with that in mind, because the pistol grip features storage for one spare shell. It's a little hard to get the shell out, but again, pulling it out and loading it with ease will come with time. Shell storage demonstrated here.

The stock is great, especially if you've got multiple people using your gun. There's four positions for the stock, fourth one will pull it clean off. If you're about 5'5", 5'6" like me, then the second position will serve you just well. It'll vary for other people, but just see where it feels most comfortable with you and just go with it. Pic is below.

Now for actually loading and unloading. There's a switch that flips the loading door open on the right side of the gun, just in front of the trigger guard. Pull on it (this proves harder for southpaws), door flips open. The shells had a tendency to get stuck inside when I first got the gun, but the mechanism loosened up a little bit and now releases the shell when the door opens up. Picture is below again.

I took it over to my friend's house the day I bought it so I could do some test-firing with him. We set up a target on an old playhouse his cousin uses whenever he comes over and started up. Two pellets hit a man-sized target reliably at 20 feet. The third, however, had the incredibly annoying tendency to arc up instead of flying where I wanted it to go. This was with .20s. I later tested the gun at my girlfriend's house (shotgun fell out of my guitar bag, she wanted to try it out) with .12s in the shells. They fly EVERYWHERE. I've yet to use .25s and above, but I'm willing to believe that they'll help retain the spread without having one arc up all the time.

The price is still definitive selling point. It's only $55 at Evike, now being sold at Airsoftgi for $50. Haven't chrono'd it just yet, but it's listed at about 280~310, so power isn't an issue, at least in CQB. I'll write in a skirmish report when I can, but I'm still pleased with this purchase.

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,749 Posts
    Double Eagle M56C
    -Review-
    Nice review. Do you have any issues with the M1014 style stock wobbling BADLY after a day of use? My M1014s stock has started to have issues. Its first gen. though.

17. Post #17
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    7,404 Posts
    added.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    1,727 Posts
    Nice review. Do you have any issues with the M1014 style stock wobbling BADLY after a day of use? My M1014s stock has started to have issues. Its first gen. though.
    Can't say the stock's wobbled on me during usage. The button that unlocks the stock for adjustment has stayed rock steady during my usage and testing (still got to test it in a skirmish environment) and the stock hasn't wobbled in the slightest unless it wasn't locked correctly in the first place or it's on the fourth position (which is for removal of the stock).

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    3,838 Posts
    KWC Sigma 40F

Intro
    I've had my KWC Sigma for a little over a year now, to say the least it's served me well. It is my first gas gun so I have nothing to compare it to. I was going to write about when I opened the package and saw the gun but since it was so long ago I can hardly remember. I have actually had two of these guns, but one was the all plastic, clear, Wal-Mart version which actually gave about the same performance. Why I bought my second (and improved) one is because the piece of crap plastic slide on my first one literally snapped in two, right at the front sight. I bought another slide for it but that old Wal-Mart gun was bound to have problems. The hop-up unit was giving me all sorts of Hell. Which is why I ended up buying a whole new gun. (sorry for the dark, sloppy images by the way)

Construction
    The KWC Sigma is made mostly of aluminum and what I guess is steel, some parts (Frame, Gas Piston, Sights, and Trigger) are made of polymer. This gun is really solid and has never really had any failure of any sort. I have dropped it into dirt, over rocks, onto fallen pine trees, on asphalt roads, into a creek, and I have thrown it into dirt, it is tough. If you shake the gun you hear the sound of metallic parts clashing, mostly because the slide is loose from the slide rail about a half a millimeter. The magazine tends to move around a bit as well. It weighs about two pounds, half of that actually coming from the all metal magazine.
    This gun earns good marks for reliability, although the slide and mag wiggle is something I don't like.
    For that, the construction mark earns a 9/10.

Feel
    This gun has some nice grip textures at the front and back of the grip, though in the middle it is just smooth which I don't like. You might notice the unique shape of the pistol grip that the Walther P99 features as well. The heavy magazine makes you not want to hold this gun at eyesight for long.
    The weight is a minus, although the pistol grip shape is nice, 8/10 .

Performance
    Well, what is there to say, it's a GBB. I have read reviews that say this gun has the best power and the best bang of a GBB for the price of 80$ to 100$. The Sigma shoots at around 300 FPS which seems good, keep in mind this does use C02, but is also compatible with KWC's chrome Green Gas magazines which would most likely give you less power, but make it more concealable.
    The only problem I have with this gun is that I was dumb enough to push the inner barrel down INTO THE SOFT RUBBER HOP UP UNIT, which basically turned the hop up unit into shredded rubber, still working, nonetheless.
    But for that reason, I won't be able to give a good accuracy reading:
    I shot this at a can about 25 feet away, it took 5 long shots but yes, It can hit the can. The shots I missed were just hardly to the left or right. This gun doesn't have much curve, I still wouldn't recommend it for woodland skirmishes though.
    Power is high, but accuracy could be better:

EDIT: I compared my Sigma to my freind's KWA Glock 18, my Sigma came out top in accuracy and range by a long run.
    8/10

Magazines
    The magazine that came with the Sigma is a 40 round, double stack, C02 propelled monster. Like I said before, they are all metal (solid metal, not hollow), and pretty damn heavy for a magazine, heavier than any real steel pistol mags I've held. The paint on the magazine is nice, but still tends to wear off, it gives the mag a nice war-torn look to it. But you can get off about 100 rounds before you run out of C02 which I think is great, very efficient for such a kick the recoil has. Since you have 40 rounds at your disposal you can choose to pop off some accurate shots, or like I sometimes do when an opponent is on the run, rapidly tap the trigger and get a good burst, the C02 is pretty consistent so you don't have to worry about losing power when firing rapidly. KEEP IN MIND I DO NOT RECOMMEND RAPID FIRE AS FOR MOST GAS GUNS TEND TO STRESS UNDER SO MUCH FIRE.
    The mags are great, high cap, efficient, BUT SO DAMN HEAVY! 9/10

In Conclusion
    I would definitely recommend this gun otherwise I wouldn't be writing a review for a gun I've had for a year.

Pros
    -Great power
    -Exceptional accuracy and range for a GBB
    -40 rounds
    -Gas efficient
    -Parts can be found at UNcompany.com
    -Has lasted me 2 years.

Cons
    -Weight
    -Not concealable
    -DON'T MESS WITH THE INNER BARREL

Images (excuse the quality)

Post-stippling

EDIT: It is 8/20/08 and my KWC Sigma is still going great, I've realized I have underrated this gun by a lot. I've had this pistol for over 2 years now and it has proven itself to be a very reliable sidearm. If my KWC Sigma ever breaks I will buy another.

As of May 8th, 2009 both of my magazines are nonfunctional but the gun itself still works as far as I know. The hop-up is virtually gone, I haven't shot my Sigma in months though.

20. Post #20
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    7,404 Posts
    Handgrips are ugly

added :)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    3,838 Posts
    Yes I've already been told my craftsmanship is shit. I don't care though because it feels better and more secure in hand.

22. Post #22
    October 2008
    1,549 Posts
    JLS F2000

Overview:

I bought this gun off of Airsplat a year and a half ago for about $160, it arrived in an unmarked box in perfect condition, in the box there was the F2000, a 9.6volt 1100MaH battery, a charger, a high capacity magazine and a small bag of .2G BBs. When I got it I was surprised with how large it was, I figured it was going to be a few inches longer than a P90, I was wrong, this isn't necessarily bad, I was just hoping for something a little more compact, no biggy.

The Feel of it:

It's comfortable, as I said before, it's pretty big, it's slightly shorter than an M4. But the plastic, the plastic isn't that of a body of like a JG M4 or something, the plastic is hard and brittle, that's one thing I don't like about it, maybe it's just because I painted it, and the plastic absorbed the paint like a fucking sponge, even if that is the case, I don't like this plastic. I'd also like to note that the sights aren't that great, if you do decide on getting this gun I'd recommend that you get an Aimpoint or something.

The sights

Performance:

This gun is a good plinker, not a great gun for skirmishing if you plan to leave it stock, if you do, expect the tappet plate to break, the tappet plate is made out of cheap, clear plastic(and so is the spring guide), it's nothing compared to a Guarder tappet plate. When I received it it was shooting at about 350FPS, it wasn't very accurate, but it had a great rate of fire, but I wanted to make it more powerful, because I'll be playing in woodland areas, so I get a Guarder SP110 spring and put it in, after 10 shots the gearbox locks up, I take the battery out and it's hot as fuck, so is the motor, the motor overheated trying to run this spring, it's not powerful enough for it. The hop up is in a convenient place, it's right under the flip-up hood behind the sights.

Tappet plate(broken) and spring guide:

Hop up - picture stolen from Airsplat.

Takedown:

It's easy to field strip this gun, all you do is push the button on the side(push to the right to secure it and push to the left to pull the upper receiver off the lower).

Now on the bottom right of the lower black part thing, there's a pin that you push out, you can then pull that part out and set it aside. But wait, there's another pin, remember that hood behind the back sight? There's a pin in the top left part of it, you just push it out and now you just unscrew the 9 screws and pull the body apart.

Other notes:

There's another thing, if you want to use midcaps, you have to shave a little part of the magazine off, because the gearbox blocks it from fully entering the well, this isn't that big of a problem, it's pretty simple to fix really. Hi-caps don't have this problem though.

Rating:

Accuracy: 7/10 - It's decent.
    Build/Durability: 5/10 - The plastic cracks fairly easily and it feels cheap.
    Comfort: 9/10 - It's really comfortable, if the motor could actually support a decent spring it'd be great.
    Internals: 2/10 - These internals are ass, everything in it is ass, except for the cylinder and the gears.
    Rate of Fire: 9/10 - It's fine stock, just don't get a strong spring for it.
    Overall: 6/10 - If you want to skirmish with it, you're gonna have to upgrade it quite a bit.

23. Post #23
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    7,404 Posts
    added

24. Post #24
    February 2008
    3,594 Posts
    ēTokyo Marui, Sig Sauer P226 rail (GBB)

It's a double action trigger, the trigger pull from decocked is considerable but when cocked it's effortless. Interestingly it doesn't have a normal safety catch, but the disassembly catch can be pushed from the right side to lock the trigger. The problem with this, is that it can't be done with one hand.

This is the packaging it came in, basic moulded polystyrene with a cardboard lid.
    It came with a bag of .2g BBs (used), a cleaning rod (lost somewhere in my bedroom), a standard magazine....oh and a very nice pistol.

The pistol has ABS externals with lots of metal parts:
    trigger, catches, hop unit, hammer, sights and parts of the internal frame.

It feels really solid, it doesn't feel plasticy at all and the finish is great (It's a Marui).
    The finish isn't easily scratched, but it is possible:

This amount of damage (not really noticeable), took a couple of skirmishes.

The magazines take 25 bbs and enough 134a for about 3 magazines worth of shots.

I havenít chronod it, but itís listed online as firing at 290-300fps. That sounds about right with 134a (I've been told it will have no trouble firing with green gas, but I've never tried it).
    The problem with it (like any pistol) is inaccuracy. I havenít got much to compare it to, but firing at 18ft (the length of my garden) it has a noticable spread, maybe 10 inches. Saying that I have managed to hit somebody at about 30 ft with a quick burst.

One really good thing about this gun is the ability to adjust the hop in the field without tools:
    First remove the magazine, flick the disassembly catch down. The interesting thing is that the real-steel requires the slide to be locked back before the catch can be moved, on this one it can be done with the slide forward.

Then the slide can be slid forward and off. The hop wheel can be adjusted without a tool and is clearly marked.

Ratings (as I said, this is my only pistol so its subjective)
    Aesthetics: 9/10, I'd say it's a near perfect replica. The scratches lose it a point.
    Internals 10/10, I don't think there's any way to improve them.
    Durability 9/10, Really solid feeling, but a metal slide would make it 10/10
    Accuracy 7/10, Although for a pistol it is about average, I think
    Ease of use/Ergonomics 7/10: In my hands it feels perfect, but people with smaller hands have said its a bit awkward. Also its right-handed only.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,435 Posts
    every gun should have a down the sights picture

26. Post #26
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    7,404 Posts
    some people modifyed the sights down there gun so yeah.. its a bonus but not required

27. Post #27
    April 2008
    1,246 Posts
    How much was the TM Sig?

28. Post #28
    February 2008
    3,594 Posts
    It should have been around £100, but I got in a closing down sale for £75
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    April 2008
    1,246 Posts
    I'm not sure what that amounts too in US, I'll just google the thing later.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    1,727 Posts
    About $115 here. Not a bad deal, especially for the normal going price of a TM gun.

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,749 Posts
    CAW Revolver launcher review:

**More Pics to come**

First Impressions/build quality:

It came in the typically bare bones CAW boxes, but was obviously well protected. The first thing I noticed after I opened the box was the VERY clear distinction between build materials. There were three from my observations:

-The metal: Thick, cold, and heavy. Just the way I like it
    -The revolving drum plastic: Thick, and TM-body-esqe shininess (Not very shiny in other words)
    -The foregrip and pistol grip plastic: thin-ish and very shiny

The metal on this thing is THHHIIICCCKKK, The parts that hold the drum together are slightly-more-than 1/2 inch thick aluminum slabs. The revolver drum's plastic has a great solid feel, and is slightly more than 1/8th of an inch thick. The Pistol grip plastic is the only part that I feel could break if the gun was thrown off a cliff. It is rather thin compared to the drum's, and is very shiny, and while it doesnt wobble, doesnt seem like it should be supporting the wieght of the gun. It is also very slippery, so it will be getting hockey taped.

This thing is SOLID, and rather heavy for its size, even unloaded. It feels like it will last a lifetime to be honest.

Operation:
    For the drum to rotate when the trigger is pulled, you have to wind the drum counter-clockwise about 2 full rotations. After that, it seems to rotate enough to fire about 8 rounds before needing rewinding.

The drum is opened via a large metal catch on the top of the weapon, near the back of the scope rail. It looks very solid, I dont see any issues arising with it.

The safety is that MASSIVE solid metal button behind the trigger. It seems that CAW wanted to make this whole weapon as robust as humanly possible. The saftey operates with more of a "thunk" than a "click"

Performance:
    The guns performance is solely based on the shells you use. See my 40mm grenade review thread for more info

NOTE: CANNOT FIT MADBULL KING GRENADES, OR ANY GRENADE OF THAT LENGTH

Other notes:
    -There are no obvious sling mounting points, other than a simple hole in the rear area of the gun, maybe intended for a one-point sling
    -It comes with an RIS grip
    -The barrel, Drum supports, and trigger mech/area are all cold, hard, metal.
    -This thing is deceivingly small. Being the same length as my G3SAS

Final Pros/Cons
    Pros:
    -Lots of thick metal
    -Covered in RIS units
    -Allows you to dispense and insane amount of BBs in a very short time if needed
    -Intimidating looking (According to my friends anyway)
    -DAMN solid construction

Cons:
    -Pistol grip doesnt feel as solid as the rest of the gun
    -Heavy
    -Expensive, ~350 for the gun alone, not including the amount of grenades you will need
    -Abundance of RIS units seems rather useless, seeing as its a grenade launcher...
    -Eats ammo for breakfast
    -No easy way to mount a sling

Overall, if I step back from my explosive loving, I would look at this thing as one of those weapons that you want to play with, but dont want to own. If you DO love explosives/being a grenadier, I would highly recommend this, as not needing to constantly reload you launcher is a major plus, as I have been caught reloading on several occasions. Feel free to reply with any questions/comments you may have.
    This thing has since been used to great effect during skirmishes. With enough grenades, propane, and BBs, you can literally hold a defensive position all day, the enemy was too scared to even try a flanking maneuver Ive also come to the conclusion that the weight makes it horribly impractical for a heavy assault, or long duration movement, so the M79 hasnt been mothballed yet :P

32. Post #32
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    7,404 Posts
    Hey guys if we can get some gear reviews. You don't need to know the name of what it's called just the brand. If you can also review bb's that would be great.

Bb's reviews can be done by taking a picture of the bag they come in,the amount,and groupings when used in guns.

33. Post #33
    Professional Hustler
    July 2006
    931 Posts
    Lightning review for MadBull 16.25 inch "Dragon" RIS for M4 and M16:

Pictures from Airsoft GI and me :buddy:
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_inf...oducts_id=3061

Comes in a long box with a Madbull Sticker with the name and picture of each rail system they offer and a checked box next to the one in in the box. The first thing I noticed when I took the rail out of the box was that the rail was very resonate. Even a slight touch would give off a cool, quiet "ping" sound. The outside of the box recommends reading the enclosed manual on how to install it, but there isn't a manual in the box. After a few minutes of trial and error I finally figured out that the Delta ring needed to be unscrewed, and the new ring takes it's place. You then screw on the actual rail part which can take a few minutes due to the VERY fine threading. If you do everything right, the rail on the receiver will line up with the top of the rail. And if you were smart, you would have put the suppressor on BEFORE the rail. Yeah, this rail is actually bigger than a standard M16 length barrel, so you'll need an extension to not look like a retard. If you have an M4, I recommend the JBU 8.5in suppressor. It sticks out plenty and looks fucking sweet. And it actually suppresses, or you can take the end cap off for an amplifier. Shit son this thing does it all

Aww yeah

Only downside I can think of is it makes the weapon batshit insane heavy and it's very sharp so you'll want to get some rail covers or a foregrip or some gloves.

I never did figure out what those pins and little thingies were for, since the rail is fine without them I didn't bother trying to find out

More pictures.

Pew pew

This is what your gun will look like with it on. That's a JBU 8.5in suppressor. And my bathroom floor

34. Post #34
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    7,404 Posts
    added

35. Post #35
    Professional Hustler
    July 2006
    931 Posts
    Yay I have a whole new section for myself :D

36. Post #36
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    7,404 Posts
    yeah i figured i should do Gun rails instead of Gun parts incase we do ever actually get into gun part reviews

Plan on doing a review on my M23 and my Midcap mags.

37. Post #37
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    7,404 Posts
    M23 Pioneer Review

This review is the M23 in Les. The Pioneer M23 chest rig was designed for the mobile infantry units of Russian Army, FSB (KGB) and Interior Forces (MVD) operatives.

The overall vest is extremely durable though it's not as Les pattern as it should be. More of a Woodland. I ordered for around 100$ Off of dimitry from soviet propaganda

There are 4 AK/RPK pouches. All together it can hold 8 AK magazines or 4 RPK Magazines.

On the right side you have 3 grenade pouches where i store random things such as fishing line (for traps), My barrel condom and i can even sling my AK to one of the grenade connections in the pouch for a floating AK. There is also a flare/smoke pouch where i put a speed loader in. On the upper right on one of the straps there is a radio pouch.

Same on the left side.

The rig using a clip system of extremely durable and hard plastic. Sorry guys this won't break. It's a paint in the ass to unclip them once there on your back but you can do it on your own. Putting it on for me sometimes requires a bit of help from someone near me but im small so yeah.

38. Post #38
    Professional Hustler
    July 2006
    931 Posts
    Micro review of A&K M4/M16 70rd midcap mags
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_inf...oducts_id=2494

Contrary to this picture, they are a flat black with very little shine. They have a very nice solid feel to them.

These mags are all metal except for the parts that feed the bb's. These mags are huge, barely fit inside a JG magwell but G&G and Classic Army users need not worry. A little silicone oil makes these mags feed flawlessly on auto, but semi can lead to multiple feeds every 10th shot or so. I have 3 of these mags and I love them. Since my gun right now is using a JG M16 lower(Long story) one of the mags barely fits in it and is a hassle to take out. The paint on them is pretty durable and doesn't scratch easily and adheres to tape easily, making it prime for personalizing.

All in all, I like these mags. I toss them around all the time without worrying about breakage.I recommend buying more than 3 as 70 rounds go by very fast

The end.

39. Post #39
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    7,404 Posts
    TSD .20g Bb's

I bought 2 bags for 18$ And 7$ Shipping. Came out to around 26-27$ shipped cause of Ny Tax but yeah it was worth it. Each bag contains 3k .20g bb's.

Good feature about these bags that the 20$ Bio's i bought is that it has a small pin size hole to get rid of the air inside for easy storage. And the fact the seals on them don't break off like the G&G bags.

These bb's are highly polished and really shiny. No visible seams or cracks in any of the bb's in either bag.

After firing 200rds out of my 100rd Mag Midcaps from my AK there where no misfeeds. All rounds fired. I looked at the bb's in the box or stuck in the box and None where cracked I would never use a bb twice but these are some high quality shits.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Professional Hustler
    July 2006
    931 Posts
    Go on.