1. Post #2721
    Formerly Shotgunguy49
    July 2008
    4,483 Posts
    God, I know I was complaining about the HD, but I actually quite like it now also, a complete reinstall didn't get rid of the HD :0?
    Steam won't remove any custom files you installed. You'll need to do that yourself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #2722

July 2012
    9 Posts

I demand more with fixed hitboxes...lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #2723
    January 2012
    94 Posts
    Yeah... I've always noticed that. If a HL:S model is replaced and used as a npc, the hit boxes get jacked and you can only hit them on the legs or below to do damage. Only for GMOD though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

4. Post #2724
    Formerly Shotgunguy49
    July 2008
    4,483 Posts
    That will only happen if you use model manipulator.

5. Post #2725

July 2012
    9 Posts
    Is there any possibility to make them NPCs without Model Manipulator?

6. Post #2726
    Formerly Shotgunguy49
    July 2008
    4,483 Posts
    Is there any possibility to make them NPCs without Model Manipulator?
    Yeah, script an SNPC.

7. Post #2727

July 2012
    9 Posts
    Alright then, I'll just have to wait until I figure out how to code lua correctly

Anyway, could you port any of these in your spare time?

Maybe not the Baby or Sewmo, considering they use 2 different models.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #2728
    January 2012
    94 Posts
    Not really. I've had one of the model replace the Human Grunt and I can only do damage to him by shooting him in the legs or foot. Same with the scientists. The rest work fine though.

9. Post #2729
    September 2007
    551 Posts
    Those Cry of Fear models will look really cool in Garysmod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #2730

January 2012
    107 Posts
    hello. Sorry to bump this, and sorry to ask this, but i do not have the time to read throughout all of the thread and the search button does not work.
    Is there a version of the Half Life port models in mdl format? For use in hammer?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events

11. Post #2731
    Formerly Shotgunguy49
    July 2008
    4,483 Posts
    All Source models are in .mdl format.

12. Post #2732

January 2012
    107 Posts
    Sorry for the late answer. Yes i found the models, but the editor crashes when trying to open some of them....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events

13. Post #2733
    January 2013
    184 Posts
    I've seen those HL1/HLDM players and the Back Alley from CS 1.6 on the Workshop and, according to some pictures I saw in this topic, I assume you did them.

I gotta say I'm really interested on this, I loved the way the map actually works perfectly that it doesn't seen like I'm playing it on Gmod/Source Engine. Could I have some info on how to port maps?

Thanks in advance! :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

14. Post #2734
    Formerly Shotgunguy49
    July 2008
    4,483 Posts
    The HLS/HLDMS stuff is from me, yes. The maps are from my friend CrazyChicken, though.

15. Post #2735
    January 2013
    184 Posts
    Cool, but is there any information I can use to at least try to convert maps? :P

16. Post #2736
    Formerly Shotgunguy49
    July 2008
    4,483 Posts
    Cool, but is there any information I can use to at least try to convert maps? :P
    Unfortunately, I have no knowledge with hammer. I'll tall him you have some questions whenever I see him online again.

17. Post #2737
    January 2013
    184 Posts
    Thanks for the help! Nice work, by the way. I'm interested on this because I've always wondered how good would Blue Shift look on Source with pretty models and stuff, and this thread makes me think it is possible :) (and many other stuff)

18. Post #2738
    April 2008
    793 Posts
    Map porting is a very hacky process that requires a lot more map repairs than actual porting. Often times I just use the hacky port mesh and block out the map in hammer which can be pretty tedious but worth it in the long run. I could see about making a tutorial somewhere but I have been very bad about keeping up with my internet stuff.

19. Post #2739
    January 2012
    94 Posts
    Well if you do try to port maps, I hope you have better luck doing so than when I did when I was trying to port a model. It did NOT want to cooperate.

20. Post #2740
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    1,551 Posts
    Yay, this thread's back! Pardon the minor bump.

I found a TFC skinpack a while back and figured out how to recompile Goldsource models in Source format:

I also did the CS 1.6 Leet, but I had to comment out most of his animations as they seemed to make StudioMDL hang.

However, they naturally don't have ragdoll functionality and I'm not sure how to do that without actually, you know, editing the model (I only have Maya installed right now, and its SMD exporter is fucking busted, so I'd have to spend a bit of time installing Max etc.) I'd release it without for SFM, but I don't want to get yelled at by GMod folks.

Any advice?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

21. Post #2741
    Formerly Shotgunguy49
    July 2008
    4,483 Posts
    The skeletal rig should be the same as the ones used for hldms. try taking one of the phymodels from that as a test to see if it works.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

22. Post #2742
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    1,551 Posts
    The skeletal rig should be the same as the ones used for hldms. try taking one of the phymodels from that as a test to see if it works.
    It works! Would be nice to have a HLDMS ragdoll.qci so I could compile them "properly", but oh well.

Any chance someone could look at the Leet Crew .qc and see if there's anything wrong? The multi-line sequences cause studiocompiler to just kind of lock up unless they're commented out.

23. Post #2743
    Formerly Shotgunguy49
    July 2008
    4,483 Posts
    Try changing XR into LR?

24. Post #2744
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    1,551 Posts
    Try changing XR into LR?
    Doesn't seem to have helped. SFM just locks up and crashes out somewhere around here:
    Code:
    SMD MODEL E:\SteamLibrary\decompwork\cs1\leetout/crouch_aim_onehanded_blend1.smd
    SMD 
    MODEL E:\SteamLibrary\decompwork\cs1\leetout/crouch_aim_onehanded_blend2.smd
    SMD 
    MODE
    StudioMDL Thread complete

25. Post #2745
    April 2008
    793 Posts
    That leet reminds me...

I finally got this map on the Workshop. I can't remember when the actual release was.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=116876310

My plan of explaining map porting is indefinitely put on hold thanks to finals.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

26. Post #2746
    January 2013
    184 Posts
    Good luck on it! Hope to see the tutorial soon, but don't rush your school and stuff :)

27. Post #2747
    January 2012
    80 Posts
    Sorry about the bumpidy bump.
    Could you port the Earth's Special Forces (ESF) models?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

28. Post #2748
    Formerly Shotgunguy49
    July 2008
    4,483 Posts
    Sorry about the bumpidy bump.
    Could you port the Earth's Special Forces (ESF) models?
    I really don't want to do that until the new version comes out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

29. Post #2749

November 2012
    9 Posts
    Could someone please link me to somewhere I could get Richard Boderman in GMOD?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)