1. Post #721
    July 2009
    318 Posts
    you just cannot wait episode 3 isnt?

2. Post #722
    January 2009
    484 Posts
    i think a DLC HEV suit would be great, as well as DLC headcrabs and headcrab zombies
    No, I think that won't work. The developers wanted to create a creepy atmosphere, and the disgusting mutated corpses are helping to get this. It won't work if you just had to fight some cute headcrabs...

3. Post #723
    July 2009
    318 Posts
    The divider do most of the work in some cases, if you are one of the guys who gets the crap out of him if you see a giant thing following you without warning

4. Post #724
    The King Of Ero-Ero
    November 2009
    7,317 Posts
    Are you guys going to do the civilians as well? After you get the main suits and necromorphs out of the way?

5. Post #725
    January 2009
    484 Posts
    Are you guys going to do the civilians as well? After you get the main suits and necromorphs out of the way?
    Well, I think it'd be very interesting to also rig a character that does not have 4 arms, claws, a bomb on a third arm or only one or maybe three legs...
    So yeah, I think when I finished everything I would try it. But I don't know how plasmid and nexus think about this.

6. Post #726
    Ask me about my Marvel/DC fetish
    May 2010
    27,673 Posts
    if you collected all the suits in your first playtrough, the hacker suit is practical and badass to the eye, the armor is acumulative, so is the inventory, and can help you a lot with hacking stages (specially with the ubermorph one)

its just me, or the zealot rig, looks a lot like freeman's hev suit
    I wouldnt call a Jacket and a pair of Jeans "Practical" In a combat situation with a fuckton of slashing monsters, compared to security armor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

7. Post #727
    July 2009
    318 Posts
    whatever you say dusty

8. Post #728
    May 2010
    27,673 Posts
    whatever you say dusty
    Which would protect you more.

A leather jacket.

or borderline power armor?

9. Post #729
    July 2009
    318 Posts
    Which would protect you more.

A leather jacket.

or borderline power armor?
    THE LEATHER JACKET, acumulative armor, besides, is that, or the spandex looking advanced armor, and look at the other soldiers, they technically speaking, didnt survive even if they have the same suit has you, its not the suit, its the person itself
    because has a long has i have my convictions (and my copy of conviction), im gonna fight with the hacker suit until the lights of his masgask start flickering BLOOD, or at least when im done finishing the game with spanish voices
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Argentina Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #730
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    6,182 Posts
    Ironically, the Hacker Suit is considered to be the best suit for usage in Hardcore mode.

11. Post #731
    May 2010
    27,673 Posts
    THE LEATHER JACKET, acumulative armor, besides, is that, or the spandex looking advanced armor, and look at the other soldiers, they technically speaking, didnt survive even if they have the same suit has you, its not the suit, its the person itself
    because has a long has i have my convictions (and my copy of conviction), im gonna fight with the hacker suit until the lights of his masgask start flickering BLOOD, or at least when im done finishing the game with spanish voices
    Sheer power of will=I AM INVINCIBLE.

12. Post #732
    July 2009
    318 Posts
    Sheer power of will=I AM INVINCIBLE.
    you have it right, the fucking power of will help with the "race of death" against the ubermorph,and with the final boss, but when i beated him i was like "waah D:?"

13. Post #733
    August 2010
    212 Posts
    aliensoldier, can i ask about the Dead Space sound effects pack? you last said you were still gathering the files because there were 100+ Mb of data...thanks.

14. Post #734
    July 2009
    318 Posts
    it would be awesome that isaac's grunts while meeleing/being damaged where in the pack isnt?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #735
    Gold Member

October 2009
    10,584 Posts
    This isn't Halo or Crysis, this is Sparta.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #736
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    2,638 Posts
    Teh lulz. at above.
    i would love releases rather than arguments.

17. Post #737
    July 2009
    318 Posts
    justin, dont take it has a insult
    BUT YOU'RE FUCKING UNBELIEVABLE

18. Post #738
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    2,638 Posts
    justin, dont take it has a insult
    BUT YOU'RE FUCKING UNBELIEVABLE
    Can i ask why?

well, i know i im requesting shit. but doesnt that make things right?

19. Post #739
    July 2009
    318 Posts
    nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnope, try to be more polite and stop giving orders

20. Post #740
    January 2009
    484 Posts
    aliensoldier, can i ask about the Dead Space sound effects pack? you last said you were still gathering the files because there were 100+ Mb of data...thanks.
    Sorry buddy, looks like I'd forget to upload it...
    Thanks for remembering me!
    I'm uploading them right now, but NOT on garrysmod.org

EDIT: http://www28.zippyshare.com/v/24760929/file.html

21. Post #741
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    1,501 Posts
    Sorry buddy, looks like I'd forget to upload it...
    Thanks for remembering me!
    I'm uploading them right now, but NOT on garrysmod.org

EDIT: http://www28.zippyshare.com/v/24760929/file.html
    Awesome.

22. Post #742
    August 2010
    212 Posts
    the sounds are amazing. i am very happy with the door opening/closing sounds and the monorail, as well as all the ambient sounds. i wish you could have gotten the sounds of a grate smashing when a necromorph jumps through it. But I am sure the sounds in Half-Life 2 can suffice.

This is going to be a good mod.

23. Post #743
    July 2009
    318 Posts
    Hey aliensoldier, thanks for the files, but im think im gonna rip isaac grunts by MYSELF, i got some programs and some skill with this shit, so wish me luck

Actually is one program, and its in a russian page, i think it was called ToWav, and its able to rip sounds from the SNU files inside the dead space folder

Guys... mission acomplished

24. Post #744
    January 2009
    484 Posts
    Hey aliensoldier, thanks for the files, but im think im gonna rip isaac grunts by MYSELF, i got some programs and some skill with this shit, so wish me luck

Actually is one program, and its in a russian page, i think it was called ToWav, and its able to rip sounds from the SNU files inside the dead space folder

Guys... mission acomplished
    Yeah, I know that program. It works fine for Dead Space, but not for Dead Space 2 :(
    But I still wish ya some luck on this! :)

This is going to be a good mod.
    Wait, what do you mean...mod?
    Sorry but I didn't knew you wanted to use the sounds for a mod.
    Don't missunderstand me, I have no problem with this, but I don't know what other devs would say if the see that you used sounds from another game for a mod basing on the Source Engine.
    If this causes trouble with EA or Visceral, then it's your problem, not my. Just to say that...
    I recommend you to say that the sounds are made by EA/Visceral Games before you release the mod.
    Oh, and may I ask what kind of mod you've planned?

25. Post #745
    July 2009
    318 Posts
    ok, i got AAAAAAAAALL the sounds from the game, over 5 gigs of space, i call it the "Screaming Engineer Sound Pack" even if im not going to upload it... for now...

edit: AAAAAAAAALL the sounds of the game, but still i didnt found isaac grunts, nor most other creatures sounds
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Argentina Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #746
    January 2009
    484 Posts
    ok, i got AAAAAAAAALL the sounds from the game, over 5 gigs of space, i call it the "Screaming Engineer Sound Pack" even if im not going to upload it... for now...
    From Dead Space or Dead Space 2?

27. Post #747
    July 2009
    318 Posts
    from dead space 1, unfortunately i dont know how to extract from DAT files

28. Post #748
    August 2010
    212 Posts
    Wait, what do you mean...mod?
    Sorry but I didn't knew you wanted to use the sounds for a mod.
    Don't missunderstand me, I have no problem with this, but I don't know what other devs would say if the see that you used sounds from another game for a mod basing on the Source Engine.
    If this causes trouble with EA or Visceral, then it's your problem, not my. Just to say that...
    I recommend you to say that the sounds are made by EA/Visceral Games before you release the mod.
    Oh, and may I ask what kind of mod you've planned?
    it would be a personal project if i was actually gonna make anything. i would not release it or anything, just make machinima, etc. i just call everything a mod since it is modifying Half-Life 2.

I would credit you with the ripping and credit Visceral for the content.

29. Post #749
    January 2009
    484 Posts
    it would be a personal project if i was actually gonna make anything. i would not release it or anything, just make machinima, etc. i just call everything a mod since it is modifying Half-Life 2.

I would credit you with the ripping and credit Visceral for the content.
    But don't forget EA, they published the game and they got the copyrights.

30. Post #750
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    6,800 Posts
    Deadspace sounds can be useful for having a l4d soundpack. Then, i won't have to hear crazy farm animals with rabies stuck in people running at me.

31. Post #751
    July 2009
    318 Posts
    Gabe Weller's patrol rig, or Weller itself, would be an awesome ragdoll, unfortunately,severed its not for PC, the patrol rig in dead space 2 its just a palette swap of the security suit, but that orange makeover on the suit is awesome

Edited:

A suit with THAT kind of lenses? dude... i would turn into a lawyer only for that helmet :D

32. Post #752
    January 2009
    484 Posts
    Gabe Weller's patrol rig, or Weller itself, would be an awesome ragdoll, unfortunately,severed its not for PC, the patrol rig in dead space 2 its just a palette swap of the security suit, but that orange makeover on the suit is awesome

Edited:

A suit with THAT kind of lenses? dude... i would turn into a lawyer only for that helmet :D
    Damn, this sucks...
    Why do they make severed for Xbox360 and PS3 only? I think EA is kidding us PC-customers
    "No Dead Space for PC" some months later: "Dead Space also for PC"
    "No PC-version for Dead Space 2 planned" - "Dead Space 2 also for PC"
    "No Servered DLC for PC". Some months later "Servered also for PC" ?

33. Post #753
    July 2009
    318 Posts
    lets hope severed follows the same path...

34. Post #754
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    1,815 Posts
    Yeah, EA just loves bullshitting the PC players with everything they produce...
    Severed will probably come to PC sooner or later, though.

35. Post #755
    July 2009
    318 Posts
    I wonder if gabe swears too when stomping...

36. Post #756
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    7,194 Posts
    He does, it's fucking hilarious. It's good to be a multiplatform gamer. You never have to worry about missing out on things.

The problem is you end up buying multiple copies of every game and go broke very fast. :(

37. Post #757
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    7,194 Posts
    Well I was disappointed with Severed. I thought they were going to intertwine it with the main storyline or show something cool like Gabe turning into the Ubermorph at the end or something. Poo...

Edited:

And I thought this was going to automerge. Everybody keeps disappointing me today.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #758
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    2,638 Posts
    Well I was disappointed with Severed. I thought they were going to intertwine it with the main storyline or show something cool like Gabe turning into the Ubermorph at the end or something. Poo...

Edited:

And I thought this was going to automerge. Everybody keeps disappointing me today.
    once again, another year of waiting for episode 3!
    okay, seriously. he IS always watching....

Okay... i thought it was another fat joke.

but okay... yes why didnt they put that suit into the pc ver???
    thats just complete bull!

39. Post #759
    July 2009
    318 Posts
    Seriusly im the only one who actually kinda like severed and he's going to wait to get a pc version?

and justin... leave dead space jokes to me, ok?   even if they're getting old   

40. Post #760
    January 2009
    484 Posts
    Okay, now they are going too far:
    The DLC Servered won't get released in Germany...
    Nobody knows why, EA just said "No Servered for Germany!"
    Damn, WTF is wrong with them?!
    That's all just because of those fuckin' Bavarias! They started the appelation progress some weeks before Dead Space 2 got released in Germany, this ment in Germany we first were able to buy it on May 24th.
    And now it's the new DLC? It's just like they would say "Dead Space 2 is a spot of bullshit and we don't want to see it in Germany"
    WHY?!WHY THE HELL ARE THE ASSHOLES KIDDING US?!