1. Post #601
    Ask me about my Marvel/DC fetish
    May 2010
    17,990 Posts
    Hey could you kinda fix the advanced suit up a little and re-release it?

Like, make it less shiny, fix the fingers, etc.

2. Post #602
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    5,448 Posts
    Hm...

Regarding the survivor models, do you think we could get a few closeups? I've counted atleast 18 different models over the span of the six first chapters.

Anyways, regarding the Multiplayer Puker thing, I heard that it's legs weren't extremely mutated as the singleplayer ones.

3. Post #603
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,310 Posts
    Hey could you kinda fix the advanced suit up a little and re-release it?

Like, make it less shiny, fix the fingers, etc.
    Just change the vmt of the armor, body and helmet.

I haven't tested the fingers yet which I'm about to do when I add new phys, well if it has HL2 skeleton that is olol

4. Post #604
    May 2010
    17,990 Posts

I haven't tested the fingers yet which I'm about to do when I add new phys, well if it has HL2 skeleton that is olol

Theres something...odd about that model.

It doesnt look as good as say, the one next to it, texture quality wise

5. Post #605
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,310 Posts
    Alright, the model got new phys. The finger posing is okay even though it's backwards but I'm not okay with the feet:

The feet clips through the floor, you grab the feet by the ankle area and the feet just like floats or something.

6. Post #606
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,323 Posts
    I've just notice it's missing quite a bit of parts from it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #607
    May 2010
    17,990 Posts
    I've just notice it's missing quite a bit of parts from it.
    I think you're right, it is.

8. Post #608
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,310 Posts
    That crotch thingy, right?

9. Post #609
    May 2010
    17,990 Posts
    Yees.

10. Post #610
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    5,448 Posts
    Alright, people. While you're waiting for the Slasher models, you're gonna have to make your own ingame. While I can give a tutorial on how to easily make Slashers with these assets, it's not exactly failproof. Still, better than nothing.

1. Take a Common Infected or Corpse. If you want your Slasher to be a more "recent infectee", then use any other ragdoll, though you'll have to take more time in adding mutations.
    2. Pose them! Most Slashers are usually in a slouched postion when idle, depending on when their scythes are located.
    3. Use your crowbar to add blood where you want the scythes to be. Most slasher have their sycthes on their palms, but other Slashers can have them on their back (If there is a mutated growth of flesh) elbows, or shoulders. If you're posing a female slasher that's not intended with to be a Spitter, then their scythes MUST be on their palms.
    4. Proceed to spawn some Antlion Worker gibs. Use the material changer to change their texture to the bloody one.
    5. Pose the "scythes" onto the model with nocollide.
    6. If you like, add more mutations! Male slashers with palm-scythes will have their gut open, with a set of smaller hands coming out. Those who have sycthes on their shoulders or back will have their arms seemingly fused to their stomach, replacing the abnormal hands. Those who have an elbow-sycthe will usually have their other hand dangling uselessly or tucked behind their backs, and sometimes have their gut open with tentacles inside. Female Slashers lack the abnormal hands. If you're posing a spitter (A subspecies of the female slasher.) they will occasionaly have longer, more toothy mouth, or heavily mutated legs. Other mutations include tusks, maws, mouth-tentacles and pustles.
    7. Voila, look on at your new Slasher!

Here's an example of two male Slashers.

I hope this helps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Arab Emirates Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

11. Post #611
    July 2009
    325 Posts
    Alright, people. While you're waiting for the Slasher models, you're gonna have to make your own ingame. While I can give a tutorial on how to easily make Slashers with these assets, it's not exactly failproof. Still, better than nothing.

1. Take a Common Infected or Corpse. If you want your Slasher to be a more "recent infectee", then use any other ragdoll, though you'll have to take more time in adding mutations.
    2. Pose them! Most Slashers are usually in a slouched postion when idle, depending on when their scythes are located.
    3. Use your crowbar to add blood where you want the scythes to be. Most slasher have their sycthes on their palms, but other Slashers can have them on their back (If there is a mutated growth of flesh) elbows, or shoulders. If you're posing a female slasher that's not intended with to be a Spitter, then their scythes MUST be on their palms.
    4. Proceed to spawn some Antlion Worker gibs. Use the material changer to change their texture to the bloody one.
    5. Pose the "scythes" onto the model with nocollide.
    6. If you like, add more mutations! Male slashers with palm-scythes will have their gut open, with a set of smaller hands coming out. Those who have sycthes on their shoulders or back will have their arms seemingly fused to their stomach, replacing the abnormal hands. Those who have an elbow-sycthe will usually have their other hand dangling uselessly or tucked behind their backs, and sometimes have their gut open with tentacles inside. Female Slashers lack the abnormal hands. If you're posing a spitter (A subspecies of the female slasher.) they will occasionaly have longer, more toothy mouth, or heavily mutated legs. Other mutations include tusks, maws, mouth-tentacles and pustles.
    7. Voila, look on at your new Slasher!

Here's an example of two male Slashers.

I hope this helps.
    thats awesome, the problem is that antlion worker gibs are hard as hell to pose

12. Post #612
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    5,448 Posts
    Not really. Take hold of the midsection first, it'll make things alot more easier.

13. Post #613
    The King Of Ero-Ero
    November 2009
    13,169 Posts

Has anyone else noticed how the security suit's helmet looks like a devilish smile?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #614
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,323 Posts
    Shoulder pads, legs side pad, rig, and statis rig

15. Post #615
    The King Of Ero-Ero
    November 2009
    13,169 Posts
    Has anyone else noticed how the security suit's helmet looks like a devilish smile?
    Here is the helmet, correct?

But if we angle it down slightly...

16. Post #616
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,310 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

17. Post #617
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    1,497 Posts
    Theres something...odd about that model.

It doesnt look as good as say, the one next to it, texture quality wise
    I saved the textures of my version as a higher quality, as well as having baked the normals into the diffuse maps (which helps a lot). I also opted for newer shaders rather than just cubemaps.

18. Post #618
    July 2009
    325 Posts
    The smiley face in Isaac security suit looks like: Im a serial rapist, FEAR ME!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Argentina Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

19. Post #619
    SEXIST FUCK
    November 2010
    3,151 Posts
    any update me of stuff/?? im kinda gone to school for awhile... cant scroll faster...

okay, read to it all.... and why is everyone making a big fuzz out of that smiley face visor???

its been there all the time and its like we found another .... JEEZUS THAT THING WAS ANGRY!

OH and yeah... MAKE US WHOLE!(model pack)

20. Post #620
    July 2009
    325 Posts
    Good luck justin, altman be praised (i always wanted to say that :D)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Argentina Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

21. Post #621
    SEXIST FUCK
    November 2010
    3,151 Posts
    Alright, the model got new phys. The finger posing is okay even though it's backwards but I'm not okay with the feet:

*snip*

The feet clips through the floor, you grab the feet by the ankle area and the feet just like floats or something.
    Solution... Nocollide world? no? hmm.......

22. Post #622
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    3,858 Posts

why is there not a single hard edge there?
    use smoothing groups , even if it is a rip.

23. Post #623
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,323 Posts
    Sorry if I bother, but can i have a screenshot of the weapon?

Edited:

Thats great, except that it doesn't look like it has fingerposing.
    Well it just like the one issac use, exactly, but, i need to re rip it again then later.

24. Post #624
    January 2009
    683 Posts
    Is somebody here interested in some props from Dead Space?
    I'm working on a Dead Space map, so I had to rip doors, the tram, sounds and other stuff like that.
    I could upload it, if somebody may need it...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

25. Post #625
    July 2010
    5,359 Posts
    I'm sure someone will have a use for them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #626
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    5,448 Posts
    Yeah, I'd love to use the advert signs seen throughout the game.

27. Post #627
    August 2010
    213 Posts
    Is somebody here interested in some props from Dead Space?
    I'm working on a Dead Space map, so I had to rip doors, the tram, sounds and other stuff like that.
    I could upload it, if somebody may need it...
    I am extremely interested in having those models and sound effects from the ship. Doors opening, bleeps, accessing computers, ventilation, etc. That kind of stuff would be enormously useful. Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #628
    January 2009
    683 Posts
    So then, I'll upload them tomorrow...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

29. Post #629
    July 2009
    325 Posts
    cool, hey im gonna try that ripper DX thing, but better im going to get a 3D max, just for testing, its going to be a friking battle to find a store in the game, and aliensoldier, what kind of map are you making, the ishimura?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Argentina Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #630
    January 2009
    683 Posts
    cool, hey im gonna try that ripper DX thing, but better im going to get a 3D max, just for testing, its going to be a friking battle to find a store in the game, and aliensoldier, what kind of map are you making, the ishimura?
    Yeah, it's the Ishimura for Left 4 Dead. At the beginning it was only planned for me and my friends, but maybe I'll also convert it for Gmod

31. Post #631
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    5,345 Posts
    Yeah, it's the Ishimura for Left 4 Dead. At the beginning it was only planned for me and my friends, but maybe I'll also convert it for Gmod
    Goody, that will make a great horror map. Both for killing infected, and poses.

32. Post #632
    July 2009
    325 Posts
    The brute is turning into a Tank D:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Argentina Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #633
    November 2009
    850 Posts
    The brute is turning into a Tank D:
    Tottaly, Puker as the Spitter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #634
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    5,448 Posts
    Tottaly, Puker as the Spitter.
    Spitter as the Spitter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Arab Emirates Show Events Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

35. Post #635
    August 2010
    213 Posts
    Puker as the Boomer, DUUHHHH

and Leapers as Hunters
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #636
    July 2009
    325 Posts
    The divider is the smoker, also
    nicole is the witch, and daina, a bitch
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Argentina Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

37. Post #637
    August 2010
    213 Posts
    and the stalkers are chargers

god i hate those things
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #638
    The King Of Ero-Ero
    November 2009
    13,169 Posts
    and the stalkers are chargers

god i hate those things
    "Oh whats in this room? A maze of boxes? Oh well, that's not.."
    *SCRRREEEEE*
    "Fuck"

39. Post #639
    July 2010
    5,359 Posts
    Lurkers and The Pack take turns as Jockey.
    Divider as the Smoker.

40. Post #640
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    1,497 Posts
    I think I'm going to do my own version of the advanced suit. The current one is a decent effort, but the rigging is a bit subpar (plus lack of finger posing) and lack of smooth groups and orangebox shaders.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)