1. Post #1
    March 2009
    202 Posts
    Spidermod 1.4a - Spidermod Goes ADDON!

With great power comes great FUN! Imagine being able to zip through the air on a thread like the human spider of Marvel fame... Imagine no more! Introducing Spidermod for Garry's Mod. Based on the PS2 game, Spiderman 2 (and influenced by the good members here at Facepunch) this addon gives YOU the power to really enjoy those vertigo-inducing maps like "gm_bigcity" or "gm_simplicity". Run, jump, swing and dive your way through parts of the map that normal mingebags can't even hope to reach!

Downloads:

Patches:

Installation:
    Just extract into your GMod addons folder. Also download and install any patches required to bring your version up to the latest.

Features:
    [list][*]Webslinging[*]Wallcrawling[*]Spider Jump[*]Spider Speed[*]Three* (3) configurable Modes of Operation[*]Three (3) Fall Damage Modes[/list]*Three finished modes plus one not-yet-implemented mode.

Webslinging:
    The Spidermod Spider Web SWEP is integrated into this addon. Depending on which OpMode your server admin has selected, it can either be spawned from the Weapons menu (SWEP Mode) or it may automatically be given to you at spawn time. The SWEP gives the holder the power to shoot out streams of spider web from their arms to attach to the nearest building, tower or spire. THIS IS NOT A GRAPPLING HOOK SWEP - it will not pull you in. Jump and shoot a web line - start swinging to build up speed! Jump from the peak of your acceleration arc to launch yourself up into the sky... or at unsuspecting foes... but be careful - your range is not unlimited, and that can lead to some panicky moments with the fall damage...

Wallcrawling:
    Press USE on any world surface greater than 45 degrees and you can crawl or run up, down and around it til your heart's content. Set up ultra-sneaky sniper spots... Bolt up a wall and let go just in time to sail over the roof top... Hang upside down from a bridge, waiting for just the right moment to toss a 'nade... Bound from wall to wall to confuse your target...

Spider Jump:
    Based on the chargable jump of the PS2 game - Press and hold JUMP to charge your Spider Jump and release to propel yourself skyward... If you hold SPRINT and run forwards while releasing, you will perform a Spider Long Jump instead. Try charging your jump while swinging - timing is essential, but not hard to master - you'll be zipping through the sky before you know it! You can now even bound from wall to wall with a series of carefully-timed jumps and grabs (USE)!

Spider Speed:
    All the movement speeds in GMod have been accelerated to match the crawl, run and dash speeds of the great man himself. After a short while playing Spidermod, you'll wonder how you ever managed moving so trudgingly slow on those huge maps (just try forfeiting your Spider Powers in Choice Mode for a round and you'll know what I mean - yes, that IS default speed...).

Modes of Operation (OpModes):
    [list][*]Always On Mode (opmAlwaysOn)[*]Choice Mode (opmChoice)[*]SWEP Mode (opmSWEP)[*]Team Mode (opmTeam)[/list]
    After a few versions of Spidermod (the gamemode), it became apparent that in order to suit the many varied needs of Spidermod enthusiasts, admins and players out there, the mod would have to become an addon (and now it is) with configurable modes to allow the admin to "have their way" with Spidermod. Presently, Spidermod supports three (3) Modes of Operation that should cover the majority of players and admins alike. A fourth mode is in development. To set the OpMode that your Spidermod addon is running in, use the sm_opmode console command (see the command listing below for more information).

Always On Mode (opmAlwaysOn):
    This is the simplest mode of all. Everyone is ALWAYS endowed with Spiderific goodness. Every player who joins or who is currently playing will automatically be granted the powers of webslinging, wallclimbing etc.

Choice Mode (opmChoice):
    At spawn time, every player is given a simple GUI choice between having Spider Powers or just ordinary man power. The player chooses by clicking on the silhouette of their choice. Player selections can be remembered for the duration of the game if they tick the "Remember" checkbox in the bottom left corner of the GUI. If the checkbox is ticked, the selection GUI will not be shown again until either the game/mode is reset or sm_forget_power_choice is entered into the player's console.

Decisions, decisions.... the Choice OpMode gives players two options - to be, or not to be?

SWEP Mode (opmSWEP):
    THE MOST REQUESTED FEATURE of late, admins especially will appreciate this mode. The premise is very simple. Any player can spawn themselves a Spidermod Spider Web weapon. Once they do, simply by possessing the weapon, they are granted all the Spidery Goodies that come with it. The weapon only need be equipped to shoot web. All other powers of wallclimbing and jumping are included free-of-charge. If you drop your Spider Web or die, you revert to being 100% homo-sapien.

Team Mode (opmTeam) {not yet implemented}:
    Use the console command sm_setspiderteams to choose which teams are honourable enough to deserve the freedom of web-aided flight... etc... But it's not working yet, so if you know of a good team-based gamemode or addon that you want this to work with, drop me a line and I will test with it.

Fall Damage Modes (FDMs):
    [list][*]All Players Mode (fdmAllPlayers)[*]Spider Only Mode (fdmSpiderOnly)[*]Disabled (fdmDisabled)[/list]
    With great power comes great responsibility... at least a responsibility to keep yourself from splattering on the ground in a pink, red and blue mess. Fall damage has been part of Spidermod from the beginning, giving gameplay that little extra edge of "oh-shit-there-isn't-a-building-in-reach-and-I-am-plummeting-to-my-death". You know you are at a speed when you will incur damage to yourself when the screen starts to get a little blurry. However, bowing to flexibility of the multitude, these fall damage modes allow admins to have it, once again, "their way".

All Players Mode (fdmAllPlayers):
    In this mode, all players are subject to Spider scaled Damage. It's not quite correct because they can survive the same kind of fall that Spidey can but it's better than -10pts from the top of the world.

Spider Only Mode (fdmSpiderOnly):
    Only Spiders need fear the consequence of death from a height - everyone else just loses 10pts.

Disabled (fdmDisabled):
    All players (even homo-arachnids) lose 10pts from a fall - standard GMod damage.

Command Reference:
    Most commands in Spidermod are provided with autocompletion but if you are using rcon, this kinda goes away, so here are the commands with how to use them.

SERVER:
    Code:
    sm_enabled [1|true|0|false] --Enables or disables Spidermod
    sm_opmode <opMode> --Changes the Mode of Operation of Spidermod to <opMode> e.g. "sm_opmode opmChoice" changes the opmode to Choice mode.
    sm_falldamagemode <fdm> --Changes the Spidermod fall damage mode to <fdm> e.g. "sm_falldamagemode fdmAllPlayers" changes the fall damage mode to affect all players.
    sm_select_power [smpSpider|smpHuman] --Changes the calling player to have either spider or human powers (used internally - this should not be needed ordinarily)
    CLIENT:
    Code:
    sm_forget_power_choice --Forgets the player's power choice as remembered by the Choice opmode GUI.  This allows them to choose another power scheme next time they spawn.
    Version ChangeList:

Version 1.4.1 (alpha with patch)
    ---------------------
    * Default opmode is now opmSWEP and Spidermod will start enabled
    * Added a very basic info message when player first spawns
    * Fixed no-jump and wrong player speeds in certain opmodes
    * Web SWEP now cannot be picked up unless the player is deemed spider-enhanced OR spidermod is operating in SWEP mode
    * Improved error message visibility for those running dedicated servers
    * Some code cleanup and improved debugging routines

Version 1.4 (alpha)
    -------------------
    * Moved codebase from gamemode to addon
    * Added OpModes
    * Added Fall Damage Modes
    * Added custom vgui selection screen
    * Added residual webstrands
    * Compressed WAV sounds into MP3 files
    * Added a custom SWEP icon for Spider Web
    * Fixed second webline firing failure

Version 1.3.2 (alpha with patch)
    --------------------------------
    * Added Jumping from wall crawl
    * Added alternating left/right websling
    * Added motion blur when falling at a damaging speed
    * Fixed Strider Cannon destroys wcam entity

Version 1.3.1 (alpha with patch)
    * Fixed C4 spin forever bug (thanks again PwnTra1n)
    * Added strafe controls to wall crawling

Version 1.3 (alpha)
    -------------------
    * Added basic wallcrawling
    * Fixed ERROR shadow appearing beneath webstrand in high sunlight (thanks PwnTra1n)

Version 1.2
    -------------
    * Added Custom View Models with true Spider-mation (left hand only for now)
    * Added PS2-borrowed Sound Effects
    * Changed web line to xbeam (white) to be more web-like
    * Thinned the web line a little
    * Other minor cleanups and enhancements

Version 1.1
    -------------
    * Removed +spiderjump console command and the necessity to bind to it - jumps are now done using the regular jump key

Version 1.0
    -------------
    * Initial Release

Troubleshooting:
    Here are some steps to take BEFORE YOU POST that will solve most "it won't work/I get errors/the console says.." issues.

[list=1][*]Have you enabled Spidermod? Type sm_enabled 1 into the console.[*]What mode is Spidermod operating in? Read this entire post carefully to understand the modes of operation.[*]Could another addon installed on your system be conflicting with Spidermod? Try the Addon Isolation Method (see below).[*]Have you cleaned out your cache lately? Try the Clean Cache Method (see below).[*](Last Resort) Try the Clean GMod Method (see below).[*]If you are STILL having problems after trying all these things then by all means, please post on this thread with a detailed description of your issue and a note stating that you have first tried these things. Any Spidermod-generated console/error messages are important. Don't just post "it doesn't work". That's totally useless and will be ignored. The more relevant info you provide, the quicker a solution will be reached.[/list]
    Addon Isolation Method
    This method attempts to discover any addons that are in conflict with Spidermod by removing then reintroducing them one at a time.
    [list=1][*]Zip up all folders in the addons folder to an archive (e.g. addons.zip)[*]Move addons.zip to your desktop[*]Delete all folders within the addon folder[*]Run GMod once to regenerate the default addon directories[*]Exit GMod[*]Install Spidermod[*]Test that all is working[*]One by one, reinstall your addons from the addons.zip and test that Spidermod still works[*]When Spidermod breaks, the last addon you added back into your addons folder is the culprit[*]Make a post about the incompatibility of the culprit addon so that I or the addon maker can adjust for compatibility if feasible and desired[/list]
    Clean Cache Method
    To improve efficiency and reduce network traffic, GMod caches a lot of things from the servers you connect to. Sometimes this can result in you having the incorrect version of some addons in your cache. Here are some steps to clear your cache:
    [list=1][*]Go to your garrysmod/garrysmod directory[*]Go to the cache directory[*]Delete everything in it[/list]
    Clean GMod Method
    Sometimes it's best to start with a clean slate. Fortunately, GMod will regenerate anything you delete (default content only) from the garrysmod/garrysmod folder by extracting a fresh copy from the GCF file. Here are a few quick steps to clean shop:
    [list=1][*]Zip up your garrysmod/garrysmod folder (to e.g. gmod.zip)[*]Delete your garrysmod/garrysmod folder[*]Run GMod - it will regenerate the default content[*]Exit GMod[*]You now have a clean GMod - at this point I usually copy addons and other salvaged stuff from the gmod.zip (or if testing, just reinstall Spidermod)[/list]
    Happy Spidermodding,
    ancientevil.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Lua King x 10Useful x 4Friendly x 1Artistic x 1Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    August 2008
    563 Posts
    Wow this looks pretty amazing!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    March 2009
    202 Posts
    You guys have been so patient, but now, the WAIT IS OVER! Come get it!
    AE.

4. Post #4
    July 2008
    186 Posts
    Oooooh... *download*

I'll try it out first thing tomorrow :D

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,138 Posts
    Who else here remembers the old Ninja Rope swep?

6. Post #6
    January 2009
    21 Posts
    Hi ancientevil , Im Super Admin in all servers that are ownd by "Defenders Of Democracy" http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ddemocracy

And Im also a member of the highest administration of it. Well, I have tested all the spidermods and I really like them, we even got a server with it on. The ip is 85.226.146.246:27015
    I have also played the PS2 game that you have played. But in every case.. I was woundering if you could make a gamemod or map for us on "Defenders of Democracy". We would be very grantfull.. And you could get in the community. The gamemod or map we are talking about is nothing that is a job for a noob, but I dont think you are a noob. I dont know if you are good at mapping, but in gamemods you are. pls Reply!

If are intrested in my request and my idea of a gamemod or map, heres my steam name: "bromma53"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    2,424 Posts
    so is this more or less than the game mode version

8. Post #8
    March 2009
    202 Posts
    so is this more or less than the game mode version
    More. Plus all future improvements will go here.

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    2,424 Posts
    More. Plus all future improvements will go here.
    anything needed to be cut due to incapabilities?

10. Post #10
    March 2009
    202 Posts
    anything needed to be cut due to incapabilities?
    Nope.

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    6,509 Posts
    Holy christ, great job! You exceeded my expectations with this, thanks!

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    1,465 Posts
    Bravo.
    Only word to say.

13. Post #13
    January 2009
    21 Posts
    ancientevil, pls answer my reply.

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    1,465 Posts
    Just a suggestion....
    your mod seems to be first mod allwing player model to be posed not straigh upright....
    imagine making separate (gravity) mod allowing you to alter gravity on you soo yo ucan walk like on ball shaped props (small planets, lol) or just pretend playing PREY.

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    6,509 Posts
    Again, this mod is incredible, but I do have some suggestions/things I've noticed.

Part of me wants to be able to reel in to the area I'm hooked onto, maybe by holding down secondary fire while swinging. The swinging already implemented is nice, but feels a little too robotic and clunky, not to mention I constantly find myself trying to swing but hit the ground and lose the rope.

Also, climbing buildings is great fun, but I would like to be able to get onto a surface of another angle from where I stand, not just fall off every time. If you could do this, I would definitely use this all the time.

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    6,509 Posts
    Scratch that reeling-in feature I said earlier, I've learned to swing without it.

No auto-merge?

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,577 Posts
    Will this work on a sphere?

18. Post #18
    March 2009
    202 Posts
    ancientevil, pls answer my reply.
    In time. I am a busy man.

Edited:

Just a suggestion....
    your mod seems to be first mod allwing player model to be posed not straigh upright....
    That's likely. It was a BITCH to do and it's not perfect yet. That's why I am reluctant to drop the suffix of alpha.
    imagine making separate (gravity) mod allowing you to alter gravity on you soo yo ucan walk like on ball shaped props (small planets, lol) or just pretend playing PREY.
    Maybe it's the head cold or maybe I am just slow today but you might have to explain that to me a little more. I will note that there are some other ideas (separate from SM) that I am keen to code out. There's a gamemode, a couple of SWEPs and some SENTs. I can't code all the time because I would never get off this fucking PC but I do what I can when I can.

Glad you like it.

Edited:

Again, this mod is incredible, but I do have some suggestions/things I've noticed.

Part of me wants to be able to reel in to the area I'm hooked onto, maybe by holding down secondary fire while swinging. The swinging already implemented is nice, but feels a little too robotic and clunky, not to mention I constantly find myself trying to swing but hit the ground and lose the rope.

Also, climbing buildings is great fun, but I would like to be able to get onto a surface of another angle from where I stand, not just fall off every time. If you could do this, I would definitely use this all the time.
    I'm glad you said scratch the reel in because that would make it just like the million other grappling hook SWEPs out there. Yeah, swinging takes a bit of practice and I have noticed that it's a little less smooth in this mode (don't worry, I'll fix it when I get a moment) but tell me, are you using your wall jumping properly? Hold jump to charge as you are getting to the top and release it when you get there and you will jump up and over the top of the building. I am going to put "walk around walls" including climbing up after a wall climb onto a walking surface - but that's still to come. For now I suggest you work on your swing and jump timing - and try jumping from wall to wall... I LOVE doing that. :)

Edited:

Allow me to underline the parts I need clarification on:

this: This mod? This feature? This action?
    work: In entirety? One feature?
    sphere: In what context? A spherical entity? A spherical world? A spherical surface?

Having typed all that out I THINK you might be asking if wallcrawling would work on a spherical object and the answer at the moment is - no. Wallcrawling will only work properly at this time on flat surfaces. Once I design and code the crawl-around-corners addition, it should work fine with spheres.

Did I answer your question?

Cheers all,
    AE.

19. Post #19

April 2009
    5 Posts
    Help me please I've tried this and the Spiderjump and wallclimb don't work

20. Post #20
    March 2009
    202 Posts
    Help me please I've tried this and the Spiderjump and wallclimb don't work
    Try this in the console:
    Code:
    sm_enabled 1
    You have to turn the addon ON to use it - spawning the SWEP for yourself will do nothing unless Spidermod is enabled. Be sure to check out the full reference up top.

21. Post #21

April 2009
    5 Posts
    Try this in the console:
    Code:
    sm_enabled 1
    You have to turn the addon ON to use it - spawning the SWEP for yourself will do nothing unless Spidermod is enabled. Be sure to check out the full reference up top.
    Thanks

22. Post #22
    September 2008
    23 Posts
    this is great with the fist pack

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    1,707 Posts
    Wait, isn't there a way to run console commands through Lua?
    Game.ConsoleCommand
    Apparently, yes. That means we won't have to type in sm_enable 1 if you put that in, right? *goes to make an autorun file*
    That's the only thing bothering me, this looks like the worthy successor to the Grappling Hook otherwise.
    Five stars and a muffin.

24. Post #24
    March 2009
    202 Posts
    Wait, isn't there a way to run console commands through Lua?
    Game.ConsoleCommand
    Apparently, yes. That means we won't have to type in sm_enable 1 if you put that in, right? *goes to make an autorun file*
    That's the only thing bothering me, this looks like the worthy successor to the Grappling Hook otherwise.
    Five stars and a muffin.
    Thanks for the muffin! But seriously, the reason why you have to use sm_enable to enable the mod is so that server admins can control what they allow to work on their servers. Being in an alpha stage, I don't know which addons would break or break it. I encourage everyone to test this with their favourite addon and let me know of any incompatibilities. You can put sm_enable in an autoexec script (untested) if you want it on all the time - the idea is that admins will set up their own scripts in this way.

Cheers!

Edited:

this is great with the fist pack
    Heh heh heh. I imagine it would be. Please send in your tests with other mods, everyone!

Thanks,
    ae.

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    6,509 Posts
    Thanks, will try these techniques. Looking forward to future updates!

26. Post #26
    April 2008
    251 Posts
    Make it so we can rope props together or to the world.

27. Post #27

May 2009
    1 Posts
    Spidermod 1.4a - Spidermod Goes ADDON!

With great power comes great FUN! Imagine being able to zip through the air on a thread like the human spider of Marvel fame... Imagine no more! Introducing Spidermod for Garry's Mod. Based on the PS2 game, Spiderman 2 (and influenced by the good members here at Facepunch) this addon gives YOU the power to really enjoy those vertigo-inducing maps like "gm_bigcity" or "gm_simplicity". Run, jump, swing and dive your way through parts of the map that normal mingebags can't even hope to reach!

Downloads:

Installation:
    Just extract into your GMod addons folder. Remember to type sm_enabled 1 into the console to enable Spidermod. It defaults to off.

Features:
    [list][*]Webslinging[*]Wallcrawling[*]Spider Jump[*]Spider Speed[*]Three* (3) configurable Modes of Operation[*]Three (3) Fall Damage Modes[/list]*Three finished modes plus one not-yet-implemented mode.

Webslinging:
    The Spidermod Spider Web SWEP is integrated into this addon. Depending on which OpMode your server admin has selected, it can either be spawned from the Weapons menu (SWEP Mode) or it may automatically be given to you at spawn time. The SWEP gives the holder the power to shoot out streams of spider web from their arms to attach to the nearest building, tower or spire. THIS IS NOT A GRAPPLING HOOK SWEP - it will not pull you in. Jump and shoot a web line - start swinging to build up speed! Jump from the peak of your acceleration arc to launch yourself up into the sky... or at unsuspecting foes... but be careful - your range is not unlimited, and that can lead to some panicky moments with the fall damage...

Wallcrawling:
    Press USE on any world surface greater than 45 degrees and you can crawl or run up, down and around it til your heart's content. Set up ultra-sneaky sniper spots... Bolt up a wall and let go just in time to sail over the roof top... Hang upside down from a bridge, waiting for just the right moment to toss a 'nade... Bound from wall to wall to confuse your target...

Spider Jump:
    Based on the chargable jump of the PS2 game - Press and hold JUMP to charge your Spider Jump and release to propel yourself skyward... If you hold SPRINT and run forwards while releasing, you will perform a Spider Long Jump instead. Try charging your jump while swinging - timing is essential, but not hard to master - you'll be zipping through the sky before you know it! You can now even bound from wall to wall with a series of carefully-timed jumps and grabs (USE)!

Spider Speed:
    All the movement speeds in GMod have been accelerated to match the crawl, run and dash speeds of the great man himself. After a short while playing Spidermod, you'll wonder how you ever managed moving so trudgingly slow on those huge maps (just try forfeiting your Spider Powers in Choice Mode for a round and you'll know what I mean - yes, that IS default speed...).

[list][*]Always On Mode (opmAlwaysOn)[*]Choice Mode (opmChoice)[*]SWEP Mode (opmSWEP)[*]Team Mode (opmTeam)[/list]
    After a few versions of Spidermod (the gamemode), it became apparent that in order to suit the many varied needs of Spidermod enthusiasts, admins and players out there, the mod would have to become an addon (and now it is) with configurable modes to allow the admin to "have their way" with Spidermod. Presently, Spidermod supports three (3) Modes of Operation that should cover the majority of players and admins alike. A fourth mode is in development. To set the OpMode that your Spidermod addon is running in, use the sm_opmode console command (see the command listing below for more information).

Always On Mode (opmAlwaysOn):
    This is the simplest mode of all. Everyone is ALWAYS endowed with Spiderific goodness. Every player who joins or who is currently playing will automatically be granted the powers of webslinging, wallclimbing etc.

Choice Mode (opmChoice):
    At spawn time, every player is given a simple GUI choice between having Spider Powers or just ordinary man power. The player chooses by clicking on the silhouette of their choice. Player selections can be remembered for the duration of the game if they tick the "Remember" checkbox in the bottom left corner of the GUI. If the checkbox is ticked, the selection GUI will not be shown again until either the game/mode is reset or sm_forget_power_choice is entered into the player's console.

Decisions, decisions.... the Choice OpMode gives players two options - to be, or not to be?

SWEP Mode (opmSWEP):
    THE MOST REQUESTED FEATURE of late, admins especially will appreciate this mode. The premise is very simple. Any player can spawn themselves a Spidermod Spider Web weapon. Once they do, simply by possessing the weapon, they are granted all the Spidery Goodies that come with it. The weapon only need be equipped to shoot web. All other powers of wallclimbing and jumping are included free-of-charge. If you drop your Spider Web or die, you revert to being 100% homo-sapien.

Team Mode (opmTeam) {not yet implemented}:
    Use the console command sm_setspiderteams to choose which teams are honourable enough to deserve the freedom of web-aided flight... etc... But it's not working yet, so if you know of a good team-based gamemode or addon that you want this to work with, drop me a line and I will test with it.

[list][*]All Players Mode (fdmAllPlayers)[*]Spider Only Mode (fdmSpiderOnly)[*]Disabled (fdmDisabled)[/list]
    With great power comes great responsibility... at least a responsibility to keep yourself from splattering on the ground in a pink, red and blue mess. Fall damage has been part of Spidermod from the beginning, giving gameplay that little extra edge of "oh-shit-there-isn't-a-building-in-reach-and-I-am-plummeting-to-my-death". You know you are at a speed when you will incur damage to yourself when the screen starts to get a little blurry. However, bowing to flexibility of the multitude, these fall damage modes allow admins to have it, once again, "their way".

All Players Mode (fdmAllPlayers):
    In this mode, all players are subject to Spider scaled Damage. It's not quite correct because they can survive the same kind of fall that Spidey can but it's better than -10pts from the top of the world.

Spider Only Mode (fdmSpiderOnly):
    Only Spiders need fear the consequence of death from a height - everyone else just loses 10pts.

Disabled (fdmDisabled):
    All players (even homo-arachnids) lose 10pts from a fall - standard GMod damage.

Command Reference:
    Most commands in Spidermod are provided with autocompletion but if you are using rcon, this kinda goes away, so here are the commands with how to use them.

SERVER:
    Code:
    sm_enabled [1|true|0|false] --Enables or disables Spidermod
    sm_opmode <opMode> --Changes the Mode of Operation of Spidermod to <opMode> e.g. "sm_opmode opmChoice" changes the opmode to Choice mode.
    sm_falldamagemode <fdm> --Changes the Spidermod fall damage mode to <fdm> e.g. "sm_falldamagemode fdmAllPlayers" changes the fall damage mode to affect all players.
    sm_select_power [smpSpider|smpHuman] --Changes the calling player to have either spider or human powers (used internally - this should not be needed ordinarily)
    CLIENT:
    Code:
    sm_forget_power_choice --Forgets the player's power choice as remembered by the Choice opmode GUI.  This allows them to choose another power scheme next time they spawn.
    Version ChangeList:

Version 1.4 (alpha)
    -------------------
    * Moved codebase from gamemode to addon
    * Added OpModes
    * Added Fall Damage Modes
    * Added custom vgui selection screen
    * Added residual webstrands
    * Compressed WAV sounds into MP3 files
    * Added a custom SWEP icon for Spider Web
    * Fixed second webline firing failure

Version 1.3.2 (alpha with patch)
    * Added Jumping from wall crawl
    * Added alternating left/right websling
    * Added motion blur when falling at a damaging speed
    * Fixed Strider Cannon destroys wcam entity

Version 1.3.1 (alpha with patch)
    * Fixed C4 spin forever bug (thanks again PwnTra1n)
    * Added strafe controls to wall crawling

Version 1.3 (alpha)
    -------------------
    * Added basic wallcrawling
    * Fixed ERROR shadow appearing beneath webstrand in high sunlight (thanks PwnTra1n)

Version 1.2
    -------------
    * Added Custom View Models with true Spider-mation (left hand only for now)
    * Added PS2-borrowed Sound Effects
    * Changed web line to xbeam (white) to be more web-like
    * Thinned the web line a little
    * Other minor cleanups and enhancements

Version 1.1
    -------------
    * Removed +spiderjump console command and the necessity to bind to it - jumps are now done using the regular jump key

Version 1.0
    -------------
    * Initial Release

Happy Spidermodding,
    ancientevil.
    Reply. dude for some reason i cant jump when ever i use that wep even when i change weps i cant jump but only after i have lready spawn thed weapon

Edited:

for some reason when ever i spawn this wep i cant jump at all
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    1,707 Posts
    Reply. dude for some reason i cant jump when ever i use that wep even when i change weps i cant jump but only after i have lready spawn thed weapon

Edited:

:eek:

Why the hell did you feel the need to quote the entire first post?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    October 2008
    811 Posts
    Hmm... World Model Now :D

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,651 Posts

Edited:

Type "sm_enabled 1" in the console.

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    6,509 Posts

Edited:

get off sandbox gamemode, go onto spidermod gamemode, and stop quoting the whole fucking first post

32. Post #32
    March 2009
    202 Posts
    Make it so we can rope props together or to the world.
    It's on the list.

Edited:

Hmm... World Model Now :D
    Also on the list.

Edited:

Type "sm_enabled 1" in the console.
    This is the correct answer.

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,701 Posts
    That falldamage bug is ruining it for me.

>:O

34. Post #34
    March 2009
    202 Posts
    That falldamage bug is ruining it for me.

>:O
    What falldamage bug? Please please please try not to post enigmatic complaints. They are a real waste of time.

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,701 Posts
    What falldamage bug? Please please please try not to post enigmatic complaints. They are a real waste of time.
    Sorry.

The mp_falldamage bug which came with an update and prevents realistic damage from falling. I can't find a fix for it and it's getting very annoying. I've looked around, apparently other people are getting it too.

36. Post #36
    March 2009
    202 Posts
    Sorry.

The mp_falldamage bug which came with an update and prevents realistic damage from falling. I can't find a fix for it and it's getting very annoying. I've looked around, apparently other people are getting it too.
    If you set up your sm_falldamagemode to something like fdmAllPlayers then fall damage will be rendered to you regardless of that bug. However, it is spider-scaled fall damage so you have to fall from higher than what would be required to damage a homo sapien. This has been tested with all the latest GMod updates.

Thanks for explaining - ae.

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,701 Posts
    If you set up your sm_falldamagemode to something like fdmAllPlayers then fall damage will be rendered to you regardless of that bug. However, it is spider-scaled fall damage so you have to fall from higher than what would be required to damage a homo sapien. This has been tested with all the latest GMod updates.

Thanks for explaining - ae.
    Thanks for the fast reply, I'll test this out.

38. Post #38
    July 2008
    186 Posts
    Sorry.

I found a fix on the forums a while back. I think realistic fall damage was taken out during a recent update? Anyways, shove this code into a file called "falldamage.lua" and put it in garrysmod/garrysmod/lua/autorun/server. Untested, but it should work. And as long as "mp_falldamage" is set to zero, it shouldn't conflict with SpiderMod. (:

Code:
     function MPFallDamage( ply, speed )  
         if GetConVar( "mp_falldamage" ):GetBool() then  
             speed = speed - 580  
             return vel*(100/(1024-580)) )  
         end  
         return 10  
     end  
     hook.Add( "GetFallDamage", "MPFallDamage", MPFallDamage )

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,701 Posts
    I found a fix on the forums a while back. I think realistic fall damage was taken out during a recent update? Anyways, shove this code into a file called "falldamage.lua" and put it in garrysmod/garrysmod/lua/autorun/server. Untested, but it should work. And as long as "mp_falldamage" is set to zero, it shouldn't conflict with SpiderMod. (:

Code:
     function MPFallDamage( ply, speed )  
         if GetConVar( "mp_falldamage" ):GetBool() then  
             speed = speed - 580  
             return vel*(100/(1024-580)) )  
         end  
         return 10  
     end  
     hook.Add( "GetFallDamage", "MPFallDamage", MPFallDamage )
    Thank you as well.

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,701 Posts
    Okay, I've tried these suggestions with no luck.

Thanks anyway.