1. Post #7761
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    15,519 Posts
    here's my stats, current gear, and mf gear. i need to upgrade them through farming.

2. Post #7762
    Respected User
    March 2007
    9,170 Posts
    Wow... went back to play normal since I hadn't played very much Barbarian yet... I forgot how fricken easy it is. Screamed through Act 2, one shotting most everything. I think I've decided normal is more fun than the higher difficulties, even though it's too easy. But you find newer, better gear all the time, you level up much faster, and when you level up you're constantly unlocking brand new abilities, not just new runes, and you aren't frustrated to all heck by elites with invul minions/shielding/extra health/vampiric.

3. Post #7763
    July 2010
    313 Posts
    here's my stats, current gear, and mf gear. i need to upgrade them through farming.
    I only see one problem...
    You have a 1hander and a quiver. you can hold a 2 handed crossbow and a quiver. or 2 1handed crossbows

4. Post #7764
    Respected User
    March 2007
    9,170 Posts
    You have a 1hander and a quiver. you can hold a 2 handed crossbow and a quiver. or 2 1handed crossbows
    my DH uses a 1 hander and a quiver. looks funny, but the stats of my 1 hander are better than any 2 hander i'm finding

5. Post #7765
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    5,048 Posts
    BTW Attack speed is getting nerfed so better get either dex or crit

6. Post #7766
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    15,519 Posts
    none of the 2h's i find are better and dual wielding 1h's are horrendous unless you have really good 1h's.

Edited:

which i don't.

7. Post #7767
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,168 Posts
    i need someone not or less retarded than the companion AI to progress through act 3 with

Parky#2190

barb tank, so preferably ranged and not gay

8. Post #7768
    July 2010
    2,434 Posts
    Just spent 1m of my hard earned dosh on a new amulet (got a good deal on one with 1d 11h left) and finally broke 1k resist on some stats.

Few thousand more dps and I might be able to solo some Act 3 :)

9. Post #7769
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,168 Posts
    Just spent 1m of my hard earned dosh on a new amulet (got a good deal on one with 1d 11h left) and finally broke 1k resist on some stats.

Few thousand more dps and I might be able to solo some Act 3 :)
    Replace ignore pain with leap and iron impact, it's a tonne more mitigation and is also a mobility CD, plus its only got like a 12 sec CD it owns
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #7770
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,948 Posts
    Leap with Iron Impact rune is one of the best abilities in the game imo. I can't imagine playing Barb without it.

11. Post #7771
    July 2010
    2,434 Posts
    Replace ignore pain with leap and iron impact, it's a tonne more mitigation and is also a mobility CD, plus its only got like a 12 sec CD it owns

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #7772
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    9,253 Posts
    is 90% the damage reduction cap??

13. Post #7773
    Quite so, ol' chap.
    December 2011
    4,040 Posts
    It is.

14. Post #7774
    Murr purr and stuff!
    November 2007
    36,423 Posts
    so i finally got my first legendary and it's a really crappy helmet

i'm really not expecting much but how much you guys think i could sell this for? i really need gold for better equipment
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #7775
    July 2010
    2,434 Posts
    so i finally got my first legendary and it's a really crappy helmet

i'm really not expecting much but how much you guys think i could sell this for? i really need gold for better equipment
    sorry to say but i don't think it'll really sell... at all. no primary stats nor vitality. legendaries at the moment are pretty crap most of the time, hopefully the improvements in 1.03 will sort things out.

guess you're just gonna have to keep farming

16. Post #7776
    Murr purr and stuff!
    November 2007
    36,423 Posts
    yeah i kinda figured it wouldn't sell

17. Post #7777
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    3,634 Posts
    Are they being fucking serious? It takes 1-3 DAYS to add funds to my account?

And when I try and add paypal to my battle.net acc it doesn't let me because my phone number is too small in order to continue. Fuck this.

18. Post #7778
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,831 Posts
    that's not my problem at all. I want D3 soo very badly, but I can't decide between it and the other game.
    IMO if you loved D2 you'll probably be disappointed in D3. But it depends on what you loved about D2 - if you loved it purely for the multiplayer co-op action then D3 probably wouldn't disaapoint there.

However Borderlands 2 looks like borderlands 1 except better in every single way.

You could also decide to get Torchlight 2, which was made by the actual people who did D2, and appears to carry the same "feel" of those games very well into a new (more colorful, but still somewhat dark) universe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #7779
    July 2010
    452 Posts
    a bit off-topic, but was vanilla D2 as bad as people make it out to be?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

20. Post #7780
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    4,604 Posts
    ...who's calling vanilla D2 bad?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

21. Post #7781
    Respected User
    March 2007
    9,170 Posts
    Was? No. But now it's so outdated it's pretty tough to play.

22. Post #7782
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    20,285 Posts
    I wish I wasn't poor. I get nothing for drops, even with inferno Butcher runs of nearly 200% Magic Find. I've resorted to loading and reloading and reloading my game in hopes that some good blue rings appear on a merchant to sell those on the AH

23. Post #7783
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    14,729 Posts
    IMO if you loved D2 you'll probably be disappointed in D3. But it depends on what you loved about D2 - if you loved it purely for the multiplayer co-op action then D3 probably wouldn't disaapoint there.

However Borderlands 2 looks like borderlands 1 except better in every single way.

You could also decide to get Torchlight 2, which was made by the actual people who did D2, and appears to carry the same "feel" of those games very well into a new (more colorful, but still somewhat dark) universe.
    The some people who made Diablo 2 doesn't really mean much considering they also made Hellgate: London and the first Torchlight.

24. Post #7784
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    3,634 Posts
    I wish I wasn't poor. I get nothing for drops, even with inferno Butcher runs of nearly 200% Magic Find. I've resorted to loading and reloading and reloading my game in hopes that some good blue rings appear on a merchant to sell those on the AH
    Get Gold find gear and create a build that does aoe and has alot of mobility and then kill shit in arreat crater in act 3 nightmare.

200k gold per hour(if not more).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Iceland Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #7785
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,831 Posts
    The some people who made Diablo 2 doesn't really mean much considering they also made Hellgate: London and the first Torchlight.
    Hellgate was a flop just like any other MMO starting out of nowhere, but Tourchlight? The first Torchlight was really good, the downsides to it pretty much amount to a "first-time testing-the-waters game" rather than any real issues (i.e. lack of features like co-op/multiplay, it pretty much took place in the same enviornment through the whole game, etc).

26. Post #7786
    Go make yourself a fucking waffle.
    April 2012
    3,445 Posts
    torchlight was fucking amazing and the mod community made it even better
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #7787
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    21,493 Posts
    Is battle rage shit with a lvl60 barb?

Because I still kinda use it. Should I change it?

28. Post #7788
    in 2013 people will no longer be judged by ethnicity but by the anime girl used as their avatar
    March 2007
    7,930 Posts
    battle rage really cant compare to war cry with impunity
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #7789
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    14,729 Posts
    Hellgate was a flop just like any other MMO starting out of nowhere, but Tourchlight? The first Torchlight was really good, the downsides to it pretty much amount to a "first-time testing-the-waters game" rather than any real issues (i.e. lack of features like co-op/multiplay, it pretty much took place in the same enviornment through the whole game, etc).
    Torchlight was the worst Diablo clone I've played besides Dungeon Runners. Titan Quest, The first two Diablo games, Darkspore, Champions of Norrath, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, and even Hellgate: London were all better. I don't care if was really cheap- I'd rather pay six bucks for a slice of pizza than 25 cents for a piece for crust.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #7790
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    3,634 Posts
    Is battle rage shit with a lvl60 barb?

Because I still kinda use it. Should I change it?
    It's pretty bad really but it can be viable in some builds that are heavily centered around dps. I'm talking about inferno viable by the way.

Edited:

battle rage really cant compare to war cry with impunity
    Irrelevant. Battle Rage and War Cry have 2 very different purposes.

31. Post #7791
    in 2013 people will no longer be judged by ethnicity but by the anime girl used as their avatar
    March 2007
    7,930 Posts
    yeah but war cry affects your teammates

battle rage only affects yourself

honestly war cry is better than battle rage in inferno even with dps builds, without survivability it's kind of pointless and war cry offers quite a lot

32. Post #7792
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    Buying a level 60 weapon with reduced level requirement was one of the best ideas any of you guys ever had (I forget who). Doubled my DPS for 5k gold.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #7793
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,276 Posts
    Buying a level 60 weapon with reduced level requirement was one of the best ideas any of you guys ever had (I forget who). Doubled my DPS for 5k gold.
    You are welcome.

34. Post #7794
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    21,493 Posts

honestly war cry is better than battle rage in inferno even with dps builds, without survivability it's kind of pointless and war cry offers quite a lot
    Already have warcry with impunity.

Also, could someone give me an estimate worth of these 2 items if I were to put them on the AH (eventually RMAH)

35. Post #7795
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    3,634 Posts

Obviously. If you aren't using War Cry with impunity then you're doing it wrong. I was saying that you can use both.

36. Post #7796
    March 2007
    7,930 Posts
    having war cry occupying a skill slot just doesn't seem worth it

especially with leap, merciless charge, wrath of the berserker, and ignore pain being extremely useful

37. Post #7797
    Go make yourself a fucking waffle.
    April 2012
    3,445 Posts
    which class? and level?

38. Post #7798
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    21,493 Posts
    having war cry occupying a skill slot just doesn't seem worth it

especially with leap, merciless charge, wrath of the berserker, and ignore pain being extremely useful
    Warcry ups my all res with like 100-200.

And my armor with an additional 1000-2000

So I'd say it's pretty much worth it.

39. Post #7799
    March 2007
    7,930 Posts
    sounds like you're appropriately geared

do whatever then

40. Post #7800
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    21,493 Posts
    The thing about battle rage is that I deal no substantial amount of damage when in a party, so I wondered what I'd change it to.

Merciless Charge sounds good, but what rune should I get for it?

(Current skills: leap,warcry,battlerage,WotA,Frenzy,Revenge)