1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,577 Posts
    :siren:24/7 SERVER UP!!!! GOTO 72.233.56.10:27018:siren:
    Note, there are some bugs, expect new version within a week
    Also, donations are appreciated. I don't have a paypal account, so steam gifts are fine. L4D would be nice as it would improve my hammer skills because l4d hammer is a lot better. Steam name laptopman
    Its here!
    Download:
    http://files.filefront.com/sb+lostin.../fileinfo.html
    Pictars.

^ To open those doors, fly right under them from inside, they will disable and enable 10 seconds later

Have fun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    December 2008
    62 Posts
    Map = awesomeness GJ!!

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,503 Posts
    If only Sgt. Sgt. knew how to map this fast.

Really nice map!!

4. Post #4
    July 2005
    7 Posts
    Will there be Spacebuild 2 legacy support / version, as inane as that sounds?

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,577 Posts
    There is. Sb3 is backwards compatible with legacy

6. Post #6
    July 2005
    7 Posts
    There is. Sb3 is backwards compatible with legacy
    Sweet.

Playtesting the map is interesting. I like the hollowed out asteroid, though it could be bigger. Having the entrance at a 45 degree angle is going to make building a base in it interesting. The big metal building base on the huge asteroid is also helpful, though I was hoping for an interior like lost_worlds 3. The distance between these planets is positively vast.

The platform on the spawn planet is helpful, but the spot where the spawn room dumps you shouldn't be on top of it. Maybe beneath it. If anyone is actually building on that platform, they might get mushed.

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,577 Posts
    That is my, plan. That problem has been brought up already

8. Post #8
    July 2005
    68 Posts
    I already posted this in the mcbuilds forum, but I thought I'd post here to get ideas from a bigger community:

Suggestions for RC6/Final:

Problem:
    It has been noted that RT cams in multiplayer are a huge source of lag. I noticed that the security cams in the base on the lava planet use RT screens and cams. When there are lots of players/props in the feild of view of the rt-cam, we have noticed a significant increase in lag.
    Solution:
    Figure out a new way to do the security cams, or remove them completley. Or, if possible, still have have the screen dispaly the output of rt-cams, but don't place any cams in the map. If someone makes an RT-cam, THEN it will display it, but if there are no cams it would just be a blank screen.

Problem:
    The new, raised build platform on the spawn planet is BRILLIANT.
    HOWEVER, this also happens to be where people spawn, and this becomes a HUGE problem when people are building on it as new players spawn inside their contraptions, and become stuck. With Uclip, players aren't allowed to noclip through other players stuff, so spawning inside someones stuff is not good.
    Solution:
    After using the teleport in the spawn room, have the spawning area separate from the build platform. A separate, much smaller platform SPECIFICALLY for spawning. Or another idea, instead of teleporting out, make a corridor that leads out and up to the surface of the planet, with some kind of airlock system that functions as the occluder. Kind of like the airlock system in the structure on the big yellow planet, only much quicker (because people want to exit the spawn room as quick as possible).

Problem:
    Admin Room:
    The forcefield in the secret admin room seems to be solid, only way to use the teleport is to noclip.
    The lasers pointing to each planet cause damage if you stand in front of them.
    Wasn't it mentioned that the admin room would have a trigger_hurt inside of it that caused like 1000 damage? I wasn't being hurt by anything but the laser.
    The thing floating above your head, its kind of wierd, maybe use a more subtle effect like just a glowing orb above them or something.
    The Easter Egg texture wasn't included in the zip, so I used the one from phx model pack.
    Solution:
    Fix that stuff!

Problem:
    The new glass ceiling in the castle structure is removable, dissapears whenever I noclip through it, and can't be seen when looked though from inside the castle.
    Solution:
    Cant you make stuff that is part of the world transparent? Take a look at forlorn, go to the desert planet (across from the spawn planet), there is a structure on it with a glass ceiling. I don't think its a separate entity. It is part of the world, it can't be selected or deleted. It even makes it sound like glass when you walk on it!

Problem:
    Nitrogen always seems to be the first resource to be used up on the planets.
    Solution:
    Less hydrogen, more nitrogen! (No one cares about hydrogen.) I don't think hydrogen or nitrogen have any effect on habitability of the planets, so messing with those levels shouldn't be a problem.

Everything else I've seen is great, I can't wait to see what you are planning for the admin room, I look forward to the next release!

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,577 Posts
    @ the admin room
    that ain't the admin room. Thats the easter egg.
    k about the teleport part tho
    ill fix the egg texture

The glass ceiling is supposed to dissapear when you noclip through it.
    Its hangar doors. When you are in the building, and go up, it dissapears. Maybe i should make that more clear/different/make it not happen

I'm probably not gonna make an admin room, as the community is making the admin terraformer

10. Post #10
    July 2005
    68 Posts
    hmm, then whats the point of the forcefield at the entrance if the hangar doors open just by something touching them? Maybe the hangar doors should be controlled by a button inside the castle.

11. Post #11
    July 2008
    186 Posts
    The hangar doors should definitely be button controlled, so that you don't have to noclip to open them.
    Also, why is the ice temple thing a separate entity from the world? I tried to use a ring transporter in it, and the whole temple got teleported back to the spawn planet. xD

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,577 Posts
    Its not opened by touching them... its opened only from inside.
    @box
    Its cause portalvis was taking waay to long so i func detailed nearly everything

13. Post #13
    I will huff and puff and FLIP YOUR FUCKING TABLES
    October 2005
    7,194 Posts
    ..Is this supposed to happen?
    (Me and a friend were noclipping around. :P ) http://jman94.crystalmoon.com/sb_los...ce_rc50002.jpg

14. Post #14
    July 2005
    68 Posts
    you found an easter egg!

15. Post #15
    The Mad Scientist
    September 2008
    20,470 Posts
    Haha. Yeah :P

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,975 Posts
    Funny how the trees in the first picture are forming a nice circle

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,577 Posts

Yeah... well... i wanted to maximize build space and its not PERFECT... so lol

18. Post #18
    September 2007
    182 Posts
    I like this map, it's well made and the textures are pretty :P
    Only thing I could mention is I found the landing pad on the asteroid fairly pointless, maybe concider making SOME sort of interior there so it's not quite so boring.
    That's about it in my opinion, but it's a great map, good job!

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    384 Posts
    I am bumping this because this map is hard to find.

38 kb/s on a 50mbit download connection...?
    Garrysmod.org is way faster.
    Please re-upload it to garrysmod, the speeds from filefront are pathetic.

The map looks good though ;)