1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    1,558 Posts
    The fact that after 2 years or so, theyre isnt one specific class that everyone always plays because of one little thing about it that when strenulously used makes it unstoppable
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,257 Posts
    That because it's "balanced" still, stickies are wrongly (imo) used and Pyros are OP (I'm pretty sure I run faster in a suit with a revolver, radio and knife than I do with a flameboyant suit, shotgun, axe and flamethrower)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,193 Posts
    That because it's "balanced" still, stickies are wrongly (imo) used and Pyros are OP (I'm pretty sure I run faster in a suit with a revolver, radio and knife than I do with a flameboyant suit, shotgun, axe and flamethrower)
    Ever tried running in a suit?

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    5,624 Posts
    Some people are stronger/faster than others.

5. Post #5
    Gold Member

August 2005
    320 Posts
    What about pyro?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    I'm friendly!
    June 2007
    3,604 Posts
    flameboyant

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/flamboyant
    Main entry: 1flam·boy·ant
    Pronunciation:
    \-ənt\
    Function:
    adjective
    Etymology:
    French, from present participle of flamboyer to flame, from Old French, from flambe
    Date:
    1 often capitalized : characterized by waving curves suggesting flames <flamboyant tracery> <flamboyant architecture>
    2: marked by or given to strikingly elaborate or colorful display or behavior <a flamboyant performer>
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    February 2009
    1,605 Posts
    That's called a good game. Strange isn't it?

8. Post #8
    Dennab
    September 2008
    710 Posts
    with a flameboyant suit
    I think the word you're looking for is flame-retardant.

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    4,136 Posts
    I think the word you're looking for is flame-retardant.
    Or maybe he made a pun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    May 2009
    1,801 Posts
    What about pyro?
    Yea the pyro is the only overused class cause it's good for spy checking and people think that they can own with it.. which they kinda can, but any good player will kill a pyro pretty fast if they can see them coming.

And damn dude, do you have an icon version of that avatar?

Sexy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Who wants to come to the aquarium later and watch me screw with the sharks?
    May 2009
    13,289 Posts
    AWP AWP AWP AWP AWP AWP AWP AWP AWP.

Yeah I see what you mean.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart fart
    Dennab
    November 2007
    7,832 Posts
    I'm kind of surprised everyone hasn't gone soldier because he's so horribly overpowered.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    April 2009
    472 Posts
    I'm kind of surprised everyone hasn't gone soldier because he's so horribly overpowered.
    No he isn't.. o.o
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    3,485 Posts
    Yea the pyro is the only overused class cause it's good for spy checking and people think that they can own with it.. which they kinda can, but any good player will kill a pyro pretty fast if they can see them coming.
    This
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    24,260 Posts
    Pyro is also fat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16

December 2007
    162 Posts
    No he isn't.. o.o
    300 overheal HP
    second highest DPS in the game
    almost as fast as a spy
    can rocket jump
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    3,485 Posts
    Dps?

18. Post #18
    September 2007
    475 Posts
    300 overheal HP
    second highest DPS in the game
    almost as fast as a spy
    can rocket jump
    Actually no, the soldier is the slowest class in the game along with the heavy (FINE THERE'S A 5 UNIT PER SECOND DIFFERENCE IT DOESN'T MATTER)

Rocket jumping doesn't make him OP, if that was the case then the Scout would be OP for double jumping, the Pyro would be OP for airblasting, the Demoman would be OP for having pipe jumping, the Heavy would be OP for having a fast fire rate, the Engineer would be OP for being able to build stuff, the Medic would be OP for being able to heal, the Sniper would be OP for being able to headshot, and the Spy would be OP for being able to cloak. You get what I mean.

And second highest DPS in the game makes no fucking sense, this isn't an MMO, damage isn't measured by DPS. Each class has certain situations where it is useful.

300 Overheal HP isn't that much, and measuring health by overheal amount is stupid.

I just destroyed your argument, TF2 has the most balanced system I have ever seen in an online game. And for that I am extremely grateful and appreciative of Valve, who have made an incredible game and deserve respect, not whining after they've given so much and asked for nothing but understanding and patience from us.

So to all whiners and TF2 haters out there: You're wrong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Sweet Roll Moderator
    February 2007
    4,322 Posts
    Damage per second?

20. Post #20
    March 2010
    14 Posts
    Damage per second?
    Speaking of that what does DPI mean? I've seen people use that in relation to damage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    18,248 Posts
    Or maybe he made a pun.
    The pyro is a flaming Homosexual.

22. Post #22
    March 2010
    14 Posts
    The pyro is a flaming Homosexual.
    What the fuck asshole, this is a year old thread. Idiot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    2,424 Posts
    The fact that every god damn class was said to be both op and underpowered proves the point that TF2 is balanced and people fucking forget it's just their opinions.

Edit:

And also this is an old thread.

That you bumped.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    March 2010
    14 Posts
    Omfg stop bumping it

(User was permabanned for this post ("gimmick" - Lithifold))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    18,248 Posts
    You bumped it first bro.

Edited:

You know you are a complete dunce.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Oh no, what have I done!
    November 2007
    21,874 Posts
    This game is incredibly balanced, and how the hell did a year old thread come back to life?

27. Post #27
    July 2009
    117 Posts
    Actually no, the soldier is the slowest class in the game along with the heavy (FINE THERE'S A 5 UNIT PER SECOND DIFFERENCE IT DOESN'T MATTER)

Rocket jumping doesn't make him OP, if that was the case then the Scout would be OP for double jumping, the Pyro would be OP for airblasting, the Demoman would be OP for having pipe jumping, the Heavy would be OP for having a fast fire rate, the Engineer would be OP for being able to build stuff, the Medic would be OP for being able to heal, the Sniper would be OP for being able to headshot, and the Spy would be OP for being able to cloak. You get what I mean.

And second highest DPS in the game makes no fucking sense, this isn't an MMO, damage isn't measured by DPS. Each class has certain situations where it is useful.

300 Overheal HP isn't that much, and measuring health by overheal amount is stupid.

I just destroyed your argument, TF2 has the most balanced system I have ever seen in an online game. And for that I am extremely grateful and appreciative of Valve, who have made an incredible game and deserve respect, not whining after they've given so much and asked for nothing but understanding and patience from us.

So to all whiners and TF2 haters out there: You're wrong.
    Ever tried aerialing a soldier who rocket jumps above you and strafes midair. It's really fucking difficult and gives him the opportunity to rain two rockets down into you. Dead.

28. Post #28
    July 2009
    5,753 Posts
    Ever tried aerialing a soldier who rocket jumps above you and strafes midair. It's really fucking difficult and gives him the opportunity to rain two rockets down into you. Dead.
    Yeah, because you guys are always walk out in the open to make yourselves sitting ducks for me. :smug:

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    18,248 Posts
    Then someone who actually knows Aerials takes out his Direct Hit.
    n the fight for a Rocket Launching Soldier and Direct Hitter, the DH wins.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    6,641 Posts

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/flamboyant
    Main entry: 1flam·boy·ant
    Pronunciation:
    \-ənt\
    Function:
    adjective
    Etymology:
    French, from present participle of flamboyer to flame, from Old French, from flambe
    Date:
    1 often capitalized : characterized by waving curves suggesting flames <flamboyant tracery> <flamboyant architecture>
    2: marked by or given to strikingly elaborate or colorful display or behavior <a flamboyant performer>
    rated you informative already 'cause im to lazy to read all that shit

Edited:

sorry, didnt saw the date
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Venezuela Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2 (list)

31. Post #31
    Dennab
    August 2009
    808 Posts
    this